Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297651 times)
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:07:44 AM

we are within 7 votes of animecoin on mintpal. go vote!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:22:41 AM

Octo-Chance is coming very soon, kinda got put on hold because the coins I was hanging onto for testing went back to the pool, then PC broke down, etc. I'm taking zero chances with this one, so I still have some testing to do, then (since I don't have coins) gather up some investors to make the game functional (doesn't function without actual investments into the system, you can track investments/profits/losses on an individual user basis as well as system wide, all it needs to be officially "finished" is an actual admin interface, for if someone locks themselves out of their account I don't have to "hack" them back in, hehe). There's some extra security measures that will be going up with the official launch as well, which will affect other things on the same system, security's going to be tighter than all my previous services, one by one other services that may be lacking will be brought up to the "new standard" (which I'm working on a list of things that need to be done better/safer, enhanced ddos/hacking protection, the whole package). Current security measures are adequate enough and the sun would run out of gas before anyone could bruteforce anything usable to compromise any of my servers, but seeing as how my future plans call for "more servers" and "more pools and services", the words "adequate security" don't help me sleep any better, so existing services will get the bulletproofing treatment, then I'll work out my "template" for future projects. That reminds me, too, that I have a pretty much turn-key poolserver "template" on DigitalOcean, and they now allow for people to transfer them to each other, if anyone is interested. It saves tons of time when you can just deploy a system image with everything you need, minus fetching new MPOS commits and apt-get updates and your wallet. Just need to sanitize some stuff on my existing template and get it updated.

Nice to hear that my name suggestion won Smiley
+1 fatguy for OctoCoin history books.

Not sure if you still have the 1000 Octo bounty you mentioned before for the name, however I would prefer that you keep it seeing as you're pretty much all out. When you get the game up and running, I will invest some of my Octos into it - Been holding Doge for a while and since the recent crash and burn I jumped ship and put my remaining ~0.12BTC in Octo.

ALL IN BABY. LETS DO THIS Cheesy

Haha, yes, the bounty is yours... Once I have it, lol.. I'll try to get it running today but don't have any coin to test it out with, there's been some updates and I prefer to test thoroughly but there shouldn't be issues. I'll report back when ready!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:26:45 AM

ok i donated a tiny .01 and we are 10 past animecoin. we are closing in on devcoin! let's take #18 tonight.

thenotfatguy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:12:15 AM

Octo-Chance is coming very soon, kinda got put on hold because the coins I was hanging onto for testing went back to the pool, then PC broke down, etc. I'm taking zero chances with this one, so I still have some testing to do, then (since I don't have coins) gather up some investors to make the game functional (doesn't function without actual investments into the system, you can track investments/profits/losses on an individual user basis as well as system wide, all it needs to be officially "finished" is an actual admin interface, for if someone locks themselves out of their account I don't have to "hack" them back in, hehe). There's some extra security measures that will be going up with the official launch as well, which will affect other things on the same system, security's going to be tighter than all my previous services, one by one other services that may be lacking will be brought up to the "new standard" (which I'm working on a list of things that need to be done better/safer, enhanced ddos/hacking protection, the whole package). Current security measures are adequate enough and the sun would run out of gas before anyone could bruteforce anything usable to compromise any of my servers, but seeing as how my future plans call for "more servers" and "more pools and services", the words "adequate security" don't help me sleep any better, so existing services will get the bulletproofing treatment, then I'll work out my "template" for future projects. That reminds me, too, that I have a pretty much turn-key poolserver "template" on DigitalOcean, and they now allow for people to transfer them to each other, if anyone is interested. It saves tons of time when you can just deploy a system image with everything you need, minus fetching new MPOS commits and apt-get updates and your wallet. Just need to sanitize some stuff on my existing template and get it updated.

Nice to hear that my name suggestion won Smiley
+1 fatguy for OctoCoin history books.

Not sure if you still have the 1000 Octo bounty you mentioned before for the name, however I would prefer that you keep it seeing as you're pretty much all out. When you get the game up and running, I will invest some of my Octos into it

Haha, yes, the bounty is yours... Once I have it, lol.. I'll try to get it running today but don't have any coin to test it out with, there's been some updates and I prefer to test thoroughly but there shouldn't be issues. I'll report back when ready!

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:57:43 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:45:54 AM by GWCalvert

I've been working on a WordPress plugin that adds a donation block at the end of each of your posts. It looks really good, but I have a slight bug to get rid of before it is ready for prime-time. You can peek at it on my site at http://garycalvert.com - Just don't click the links on the donate button, QR code or wallet address as they will give you an error in Firefox and do nothing at all in Chrome, which is the bug I'm working on tonight.

Should be ready for download sometime tomorrow. If anyone is interested, I'll post the download to it here when I get it zipped up and loaded to the site.

Got part of my test miner in the mail yesterday - One of the small gridseeds. Hooked it to my old laptop and its been hashing away and finding blocks at one of Edric's other coin pools (really low difficulty) for the last 20 hours or so. Now I am just waiting for my Raspberry Pi and the other Gridseeds, so I can do some semi-serious mining. A new toy that will have to find a corner in my new office.

BTW, the plugin is called OctoTips.

EDIT: That was easier than I thought it would be. Some code for future features was left in where it didn't need to be. Stripped it out and the plugin is ready to go. I'll create a zip archive and FTP it tonight. I'll do a blog post about it tomorrow and post the download link there and here on the forum.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:26:44 PM

I've been working on a WordPress plugin that adds a donation block at the end of each of your posts. It looks really good, but I have a slight bug to get rid of before it is ready for prime-time. You can peek at it on my site at http://garycalvert.com - Just don't click the links on the donate button, QR code or wallet address as they will give you an error in Firefox and do nothing at all in Chrome, which is the bug I'm working on tonight.

Should be ready for download sometime tomorrow. If anyone is interested, I'll post the download to it here when I get it zipped up and loaded to the site.

Got part of my test miner in the mail yesterday - One of the small gridseeds. Hooked it to my old laptop and its been hashing away and finding blocks at one of Edric's other coin pools (really low difficulty) for the last 20 hours or so. Now I am just waiting for my Raspberry Pi and the other Gridseeds, so I can do some semi-serious mining. A new toy that will have to find a corner in my new office.

BTW, the plugin is called OctoTips.

EDIT: That was easier than I thought it would be. Some code for future features was left in where it didn't need to be. Stripped it out and the plugin is ready to go. I'll create a zip archive and FTP it tonight. I'll do a blog post about it tomorrow and post the download link there and here on the forum.

Wow.. that sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it! When you are finished let us know and we will add it to our website with your 888 address!

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:27:18 PM

woke up to check mintpal and we passed  Devcoin! word. Kiss

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:23:25 PM

anyone here have access to the octo logo files? i need the .ai or .eps to edit the tshirt designs in illustrator.

jpegs, etc and .psd for photoshop will not work. i need the illustrator files.

i messaged the dev but i thought maybe someone here might have had. thx.

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

Update on OctoTips -  Thought I had all of the bugs worked out, but the plugin does not play nice with some themes. I was going to make a short video showing the features and how to setup the plugin. I installed it on another of my sites and it did not work well there (and I coded the theme for that site, too). It's probably a conflict in the CSS making things not look right, so I may have to make an option for the theme's CSS to override the plugin's CSS. Or I may just go back and re-code the whole thing...  Tongue

I should have something out this evening, with a video to show how to use it. In the mean time, the OctoTips beta is working fine on garycalvert.com if you want to preview it.

thenotfatguy

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

anyone here have access to the octo logo files? i need the .ai or .eps to edit the tshirt designs in illustrator.

I can easily recreate it - give me 5 or so minutes, and me an email address i can send to, or should i just upload to a site?

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:19:10 PM

I can easily recreate it - give me 5 or so minutes, and me an email address i can send to, or should i just upload to a site?

thx thenonfatguy! i tried using autotrace in illustrator CS3 and it was giving me fits.

if you would like to email it to ptcryptoco@gmail.com. or if you ul i can dl. much appreciated sir.

if you use mega and want to share it my contact email on mega.co.nz is kristharp78@gmail.com.

thenotfatguy

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:40:49 PM

thx thenonfatguy! i tried using autotrace in illustrator CS3 and it was giving me fits.

if you would like to email it to ptcryptoco@gmail.com. or if you ul i can dl. much appreciated sir.

if you use mega and want to share it my contact email on mega.co.nz is kristharp78@gmail.com.

I figured just posting a link here may be the easiest option.

https://mega.co.nz/#!fMwVSQRA!tvlv3svy3Q-wvxn9249hbgFLS345yU0hrxylxYEWYEM

P.S: You gotta stop misspelling my name Cheesy

EDIT: Just realized a potential error - the file I created is in illustrator CS5, let me know if it is not compatible with yours

JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:52:31 PM

Any update on Fusionhash's possible x11 multipool for Octo?

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
peterw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:32:07 PM

Any update on Fusionhash's possible x11 multipool for Octo?

Also wondering about this, and curious about the future of octo in general. Now that the fork’s behind us, it’d be great to hear what’s coming up, and when it is, that’s going to set octo apart.
frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:22:45 PM

I'll check it out tonight, thx. Dammit I did it again.

thenotfatguy..... why can i not get this right ha.

Yeah sometimes depending on how you save the file between the CS versions can cause issues but I'll check.

Joshycoin said something about the devs sending the files also, so I may already have them.

Nonetheless, much appreciated!

I figured just posting a link here may be the easiest option.

https://mega.co.nz/#!fMwVSQRA!tvlv3svy3Q-wvxn9249hbgFLS345yU0hrxylxYEWYEM

P.S: You gotta stop misspelling my name Cheesy

EDIT: Just realized a potential error - the file I created is in illustrator CS5, let me know if it is not compatible with yours

frameLAlife

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:24:02 PM

thenotfatguy. just practicing.

GWCalvert

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:09:45 AM

OctoTips WordPress plugin is live! It is not as feature rich as I wanted it to be, but some of those features are dependent upon mobile wallets which we do not have, yet.

The OctoTips plugin will help spread awareness about OctoCoin while also allowing publishers a way to request OctoCoin donations without having to manually add something to each and every article. There is a link in the donation box to the OctoCoin.org web site for people who are unaware of the coin and want to learn more.

Download OctoTips plugin

OctoTips Installation Instructions

OctoTips Blog Post

Enjoy!

edric

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:24:47 AM

OctoTips WordPress plugin is live! It is not as feature rich as I wanted it to be, but some of those features are dependent upon mobile wallets which we do not have, yet.

The OctoTips plugin will help spread awareness about OctoCoin while also allowing publishers a way to request OctoCoin donations without having to manually add something to each and every article. There is a link in the donation box to the OctoCoin.org web site for people who are unaware of the coin and want to learn more.

Download OctoTips plugin

OctoTips Installation Instructions

OctoTips Blog Post

Enjoy!

That's pretty awesome, I will be checking it out..

I'm getting ready to launch Octo-Chance, finally, after so many damn delays. I'll post the URL when it's ready, I haven't actually made the subdomain yet, gotta make a quick vhosts entry and set the domain name and we'll be ready to roll. 10-15 mins!

Hashrate is way down on my pool.. Not losing the faith, are we guys?

clapperhead

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:39:33 AM

To dev... concerning deposit made to Xnigma, I deposited 18101.42 octo reported as unconfirmed for 3 months.  The transaction appears in both old/new wallet at first as unconfirmed/0 of 6 confirmations.  Now it appears, after I emailed Xnigma, as "conflicted".  Regardless my coin is in the cloud floating around or gone?

Both old/new wallets say I have 18447.66902801 coin, but try to move any and no, no, no.  Again, attempted on old/new wallets and separate PCs, rebuilding data, etc.

Transaction details from wallet...
Date: 3/27/2014 23:58
To: xnigma 8TEWs43LdTt3Tvjk8kf2azE2DtKuvuj9ve
Debit: -18100.00 888
Transaction fee: -1.42 888
Net amount: -18101.42 888
Transaction ID: 9f9cab6b9878225410686bc415f0d80b8b083890dbaa2c64fc0bffd4dd27f34e-000

Xnigma never received.

edric

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:51:26 AM

To dev... concerning deposit made to Xnigma, I deposited 18101.42 octo reported as unconfirmed for 3 months.  The transaction appears in both old/new wallet at first as unconfirmed/0 of 6 confirmations.  Now it appears, after I emailed Xnigma, as "conflicted".  Regardless my coin is in the cloud floating around or gone?

Both old/new wallets say I have 18447.66902801 coin, but try to move any and no, no, no.  Again, attempted on old/new wallets and separate PCs, rebuilding data, etc.

Transaction details from wallet...
Date: 3/27/2014 23:58
To: xnigma 8TEWs43LdTt3Tvjk8kf2azE2DtKuvuj9ve
Debit: -18100.00 888
Transaction fee: -1.42 888
Net amount: -18101.42 888
Transaction ID: 9f9cab6b9878225410686bc415f0d80b8b083890dbaa2c64fc0bffd4dd27f34e-000

Xnigma never received.

The Xnigma sysop may need to do the same thing.. Rebuild and reindex. There's a command in the new wallet, something like zapwallettxes or something like that. Have him try that out, surely your transaction will be found!

Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: