Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297647 times)
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:52:42 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 11:29:51 AM by syncsam

I only see one cunt in this thread...

is it me  Grin

fingers crossed I hope its me
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 12:47:32 PM

Can I ask the obvious question please? What is having the coins in your wallet going to accomplish? Can't trade it anywhere so can we get Bittrex fixed so at least we can see if anyone (laughing) wants to buy them? Thanks.
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

I'm surprised we have haven't been delisted from Bittrex yet. That to me, means it's possible whoever is doing things have contacted them and asked for more time.

I did send Richie an email a month ago to say we're looking at a community takeover and to let us know before he de-lists. Whether its because of this email or because some dev types have spoken to him I don't know. I haven't got a reply either way from him yet.

I'm in a holding pattern until we can come up with a solution for people to get their coins out.  We may have a way to prevent the double pay bug, which is an ugly hack on our end, but at least we can return funds to people that want them.  

thanks
richie@bittrex

PS. I don't recall your email and i try to respond to everything Sad

My bad, it was a PM on here not an email, sent 30th Oct. If you still can't find it I can re-send it, it had a bit more in it than just 'please let us know before de-listing'.
BeardedCouncil

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:30:42 PM

PLEASE FIX IT. -signed the entire octo community.

and to others who are trying to disrespect me, go fuck yourselves.

me calling shit as it is, is NOT the reason why this thread is a joke, if you think that's the case then you need to get a fucking clue. My post was hilarious, sorry it flew over your head. And stop talking like Edric has said that he's fixing it, he's never said that. ever. not once. some other jackass who's been in this thread for 5 minutes claimed as much, and you bitches are falling in the same trap again. somebody promises that something nebulous is happening behind the scenes, and all you cunts take them at their word, then stand around waiting for it to happen. "maybe they aren't here because of the constant whining" LOLOL let me laugh all the way to the non-existent bank that's partnered with octocoin. pathetic. You people deserve to have been scammed out of every cent.

that being said, coinsolodation, please fix out coin! LOL. if you can somehow get this trading again, i'll give you a % of the money i can recover after this coin gets dumped back to the stone age.

HA HA HA!

Slick are you calling people out for being disrespectful (by saying you winge, which you do, a lot) whilst at the same time telling people to go fuck them selves, calling someone who has (it appears) tried to get the ball rolling on the coin again a jackass, calling anyone who isn't whining along with you 'bitches' and then because you can't see the sarcasm calling someone a cunt who deserves to be scammed?

You clearly have you knickers in a twist, although it seems to have been that way for a while now. Who exactly are 'you people'? Who are you directing you blatant disrespect at?

You call shit how you see it, not how it is. (You should totally look up subjective and objective...) Woops there's another insult...

You're clearly a dick, frequently, so it's about time to start ignoring you. Bye...

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:03:11 PM

MORE SELFINFLICTED DRAMA WITHOUT ANY PROGRESS PLS !!!111

Grin
Wake up and do something instead ffs. Cant believe this.

djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:11:28 PM

i'll tell you when it happened, the very moment it was revealed that this was a SCAM COIN. lol.

PM coinsolidation if you want to enlist his help to fix the coin, he offered, i'd accept if i was concerned about getting the coin listed again (can't find it on bittrex anymore).

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:20:25 PM

me calling shit as it is, is NOT the reason why this thread is a joke, if you think that's the case then you need to get a fucking clue. My post was hilarious, sorry it flew over your head. And stop talking like Edric has said that he's fixing it, he's never said that. ever. not once. some other jackass who's been in this thread for 5 minutes claimed as much, and you bitches are falling in the same trap again. somebody promises that something nebulous is happening behind the scenes, and all you cunts take them at their word, then stand around waiting for it to happen. "maybe they aren't here because of the constant whining" LOLOL let me laugh all the way to the non-existent bank that's partnered with octocoin. pathetic. You people deserve to have been scammed out of every cent.

that being said, coinsolodation, please fix out coin! LOL. if you can somehow get this trading again, i'll give you a % of the money i can recover after this coin gets dumped back to the stone age.

HA HA HA!

Slick are you calling people out for being disrespectful (by saying you winge, which you do, a lot) whilst at the same time telling people to go fuck them selves, calling someone who has (it appears) tried to get the ball rolling on the coin again a jackass, calling anyone who isn't whining along with you 'bitches' and then because you can't see the sarcasm calling someone a cunt who deserves to be scammed?

You clearly have you knickers in a twist, although it seems to have been that way for a while now. Who exactly are 'you people'? Who are you directing you blatant disrespect at?

You call shit how you see it, not how it is. (You should totally look up subjective and objective...) Woops there's another insult...

You're clearly a dick, frequently, so it's about time to start ignoring you. Bye...

you're a deluded fool if you think that "someone trying to get the ball rolling" was anything else but more scam. let's review:

1) some guy who hasn't posted in the first 7 months of this coin posts that he's essentially taken over the coin.
2) claims that he has someone working on it, while offering no shred of evidence of this.
3) when asked to provide evidence, he got mad at me and started acting like a child.
4) Edric, the guy who's been with us since day 1, who's NEVER had any issue tell us all about what he's up to, no matter how unnecessarily detailed his posts are, hasn't posted once regarding this.

you don't think it's a red flag when you put your faith in someone with no track record, who insults members when they ask that edric simply post that he's working on this in this forum (what was the excuse? that he TOLD him not to post here specifically? riiiiight). then you defend them. it's pathetic. like I said, you're a fool and you deserve to have lost every red cent that you did on this coin. it's people like YOU who make this coin a joke, not the people like me in the audience laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of it all.

and yes, me calling you a cunt for being disrespectful is both cathartic and ironic. you cracked the case.

and i call shit AS IT IS, not how i see it. i think it's you who needs a lesson in linguistics. AS IT IS, there isn't any evidence that anyone is working on this coin anymore, or infact, any evidence that anyone ever was. that's the FACT that you love circumnavigating, while instead choosing to SEE things though a very distorted lens. people like you are the ones who helped push this coin off the cliff, believing anything that anyone says, never questioning, never doing any homework, just taking whatever bullshit lie's been fed to you at face value.

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 08:21:47 PM

and beardedcouncil, didn't you make some claim to know, or have been in contact with the devs of this coin pre-collapse? i might be mis-remembering this, but didn't this guy talk about his dealings with fusionhash and the octocoin devs?

mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 08:27:26 PM

... A small piece of the original dev team, all of the code that has been written, and a shred of 888 passion among us still exists. Most (if not all) of the original dev team would certainly get involved again if the situation improved considerably. Like most people, I have several other priorities right now but I will personally be putting the finishing touches on the new wallet as soon as possible and then ensuring that 888 it at least back and trading on Bittrex. Several developers, including myself and the developer of another (fairly prominent) altcoin, have gone through the code and there is nothing there that could specifically cause issues with OctoCoin payouts. Regardless, some issue apparently popped up exclusive to Bittrex (after months without incident despite the same code being used) and, as a result, the new wallet will be 100% from scratch.

Once a new wallet is released and things are stabilized, hopefully things will begin moving in the right direction again

Waiting for a new wallet and return of the fucking dev team!

What's happening, bholzer?
What is the situation?

LOL.  same old same old.  I forgot this phony clown was still around, still doing the same "I'm just an innocent victim of FUD for trying to be a light in the darkness" song and dance since the last time I ran across one of his other scam projects back in like January.   Pretending to be above it all and then deleting even mildly uncomfortable or off-message posts left right and center, which is why the fool gets so many angry PMs in the first place.  There used to be a scam-identification post in one of these boards that listed 10 or so bullet points that marked the most obvious signs of a scam, and this bholzer's projects checked off half of them right out of the gate.  Constant promises, moving goalposts, calling valid criticism of broken promises and missed targets "FUD"  and "trolling",  coins with no technical merit that are just trying to latch on to some bandwagon of the week fad,  appropriating others property (celebrity fame)  for their own gains,  and offering a few laughable pennies in return as "thanks"  for signing the celeb on to a merch contract without their express permission.  You name it.  
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2014, 09:05:49 PM

yeah, there's many who subscribe the the same school of scam that bholzer adheres to. go back a few pages and watch the latest wanna-be scammer step up to the plate and pull all those familiar moves, and then people STILL defend them, literally people they've NEVER seen post here before the coin collapsed. if they claim to be it's saviour, then all they say is truth, and they can do no wrong.

wash. rinse. repeat.

hilarious.

BeardedCouncil

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

About the time slick started calling people cunts I think...

It didn't take long before someone told me he'd resorted to targeting me, and just to clarify, his perhaps 'mis-remembering' is just that, or a straight up lie. I have never had any contact with the Devs, I've sent an email or two to them over the past 9 or so months and never had a reply, (like a few people in this thread).

As of today I think I'll be writing off Octo entirely, if the coin was rescued I might some of my £'s back (not a cent in sight...)  but my incentive to help it get there is outweighed by knowing that djdick's loss is greater. For now, his relentless assholism has put me off trying to get something out of 888.

It's a shame because there was a good community here, best of luck with the rest of your crypto endeavours.
djsmalldick

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:28:47 PM

I'm surprised we have haven't been delisted from Bittrex yet. That to me, means it's possible whoever is doing things have contacted them and asked for more time.

I did send Richie an email a month ago to say we're looking at a community takeover and to let us know before he de-lists. Whether its because of this email or because some dev types have spoken to him I don't know. I haven't got a reply either way from him yet.

I'm in a holding pattern until we can come up with a solution for people to get their coins out.  We may have a way to prevent the double pay bug, which is an ugly hack on our end, but at least we can return funds to people that want them.  

thanks
richie@bittrex

PS. I don't recall your email and i try to respond to everything Sad

I offered to help patch this, feel free to communicate the problem to me via PM, and I'll patch the octocoin daemon to resolve the double pay bug.  It's an interim step, but at least it resolves the current status quo until something else is forthcoming.

Regards,

Mark

The only joke in this thread is you my (wo)man. If you spent half as much energy working as you did complaining and pointing the finger, you'd be a millionaire by now. YOU are the reason that Octo failed and the developers left. Now you're stalking people like a crazy ex girlfriend and calling them c***s. Cut your losses and move on from crypto, nobody wants you here.
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 03:21:00 PM

Just an update on the Bittrex situation: we have received additional details from Richie and are digging into the issue. For those concerned about OctoCoin potentially being delisted from Bittrex, here are Richie's comments:

"Don't worry about delisting... I'm more concerned about this problem because it might impact a lot more than just octo."

Basically, as some of you have already gathered, some of the transaction comments are apparently being overwritten which is how Bittrex manages payouts. They froze 888 trading and put up a "delisting" warning both to prevent additional repeats and to expedite action on our part. While we have never experienced this issue nor seen reports of any issues until now, not all services operate in the same manner. It's possible this is an issue that has been corrected in the latest Bitcoin Core source code and, if that is the case, we will ensure the fix is implemented and release our new wallet ahead of schedule. Regardless, Bittrex may want to consider a new method for verifying withdrawals to avoid this potential issue with other currencies. We will get it all straightened out.

And this has happened again.  This only happens with this wallet so at this point we request an octocoin fix Sad

It is not an user forceable scenario but to provide more details, if ALL of these conditions are met, we end up double paying out twice:  

* If we send a withdrawal request
* If it times out before returning a txid
* If the send subsequently succeeds
* If the send uses input from a previously conflicted transaction

What happens is that the send succeeds, but uses the comment from the previous conflicted transaction.  This causes us to not see a payment match and we resubmit.  There is no reason why a sendtoaddress call made with a comment is replaced with a comment from a transaction from over 6 months ago.  Please figure this out and solve this issue.  At this time, we will be shutting down the wallet for deposits/withdrawals until we can find a solution.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Regarding the Bittrex bug, I've been trying to track it down for several hours, and can pinpoint the following:

When a tx is added to the wallet it calls AddToSpends(hash); which in turn calls https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/0.9/src/wallet.cpp#L281

// We want all the wallet transactions in range to have the same metadata as
    // the oldest (smallest nOrderPos).
    // So: find smallest nOrderPos:

copyTo->mapValue = copyFrom->mapValue; <--- this copies comments.

Which explains "There is no reason why a sendtoaddress call made with a comment is replaced with a comment from a transaction from over 6 months ago."

So, after a bit more research, octocoin appears to be based on inutoshi, an unmaintained recreation of dogecoin from earlier in the year, and it doesn't have any of the updates from the past 7-8 months, which includes nicer handling of conflicted transactions and some changes to wallet locking.

I can't pin point the exact combination of updates which resolve this at this time, but can reasonably assert that that the problem boils down to existing conflicted transactions, and the timeout.

I'm assuming both the conflicts and timeouts would be resolved by doing a send to self of the full balance, to create a single new input, which would resolve both of these issues quickly, and allow you to re-enable octocoin, or at least gracefully send everybody their coins back and delist it.

I've updated Rirchie and will liaise further to see what can be done.

Community, as far as OctoCoin is concerned, you need a developer who will either update the code to current well known good version(s) and maintain it, or simply recreate it with the same chain setup from something maintained and new (like pfennig).

All the best,

Mark

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

guys, been buying octo and holding for months. Didn't follow the drama closely. But i know: i am done with buying new coins for holding.

I was converted from investor with countless qt's on the computer to a daytrader with most coins at exchange. The amount of fail in this industry is impossible to manage. Devs who think they can just release the next coin because the last didn't work out will have a crude awakening coming.
I do see a bright future for actual functional coins coming. I don't understand why everyone is after innovation and features when it's even almost impossible to keep a plain and simple coin functional for a few months.

Devs, lay off the opium or leave.

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 03:35:01 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 03:46:07 PM by neleonele

Just an update on the Bittrex situation: we have received additional details from Richie and are digging into the issue. For those concerned about OctoCoin potentially being delisted from Bittrex, here are Richie's comments:

"Don't worry about delisting... I'm more concerned about this problem because it might impact a lot more than just octo."

Basically, as some of you have already gathered, some of the transaction comments are apparently being overwritten which is how Bittrex manages payouts. They froze 888 trading and put up a "delisting" warning both to prevent additional repeats and to expedite action on our part. While we have never experienced this issue nor seen reports of any issues until now, not all services operate in the same manner. It's possible this is an issue that has been corrected in the latest Bitcoin Core source code and, if that is the case, we will ensure the fix is implemented and release our new wallet ahead of schedule. Regardless, Bittrex may want to consider a new method for verifying withdrawals to avoid this potential issue with other currencies. We will get it all straightened out.

And this has happened again.  This only happens with this wallet so at this point we request an octocoin fix Sad

It is not an user forceable scenario but to provide more details, if ALL of these conditions are met, we end up double paying out twice:  

* If we send a withdrawal request
* If it times out before returning a txid
* If the send subsequently succeeds
* If the send uses input from a previously conflicted transaction

What happens is that the send succeeds, but uses the comment from the previous conflicted transaction.  This causes us to not see a payment match and we resubmit.  There is no reason why a sendtoaddress call made with a comment is replaced with a comment from a transaction from over 6 months ago.  Please figure this out and solve this issue.  At this time, we will be shutting down the wallet for deposits/withdrawals until we can find a solution.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Regarding the Bittrex bug, I've been trying to track it down for several hours, and can pinpoint the following:

When a tx is added to the wallet it calls AddToSpends(hash); which in turn calls https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/0.9/src/wallet.cpp#L281

// We want all the wallet transactions in range to have the same metadata as
    // the oldest (smallest nOrderPos).
    // So: find smallest nOrderPos:

copyTo->mapValue = copyFrom->mapValue; <--- this copies comments.

Which explains "There is no reason why a sendtoaddress call made with a comment is replaced with a comment from a transaction from over 6 months ago."

So, after a bit more research, octocoin appears to be based on inutoshi, an unmaintained recreation of dogecoin from earlier in the year, and it doesn't have any of the updates from the past 7-8 months, which includes nicer handling of conflicted transactions and some changes to wallet locking.

I can't pin point the exact combination of updates which resolve this at this time, but can reasonably assert that that the problem boils down to existing conflicted transactions, and the timeout.

I'm assuming both the conflicts and timeouts would be resolved by doing a send to self of the full balance, to create a single new input, which would resolve both of these issues quickly, and allow you to re-enable octocoin, or at least gracefully send everybody their coins back and delist it.

I've updated Rirchie and will liaise further to see what can be done.

Community, as far as OctoCoin is concerned, you need a developer who will either update the code to current well known good version(s) and maintain it, or simply recreate it with the same chain setup from something maintained and new (like pfennig).

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

to all people from this comunity,i am kindly asking you to stop faiting and atacks each other.
Lets we talk what we must to do and move in positive way....
This comunity was awesome and with lot of potential....

There is big problem and what we can do about it?

I am realy apriciate help that Mark offer to Octo,but i am sick of it to look on this thread,members seem to do is bitch at each other recently.

Stop it please!

regards to all

Nele

edit:in this thread are some realy cool guys,who are hardly invested in Octo,framalalife,stonerboy,shellbuner,etc....I am hoping that they agree with fixing Octo and we all can send some BTC to Mark for his help???

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 07:04:06 AM

I agree.

Thanks to Mark for looking into the issue. I hope they can figure out what caused this. I

At this point though, what we need is to fund bitcoin and some octocoin to someone to take over as the dev. We also need to come up with a gameplan on where to take the coin. At this point, unlocking our funds only gets us back a worthless, abandoned coin.

This could be saved. But it will take a lot of input and thinking outside the box. The state of Octo is zero.

So the questions are as follows:

Where do you take Octo from here as far as function and branding? Without 8 apps, does the name Octo still hold value? I know some have said that 888 is lucky, China, etc. and that's a great point. But what will the coin bring to make it stand out? How can you relate that to 888? Also, what if we jack the blockchain and they come after us for their logo, etc.? I mean that's a possibility.

What do you do about a fork? I do believe we have enough asics to jack the blockchain.

What do you do about the wallet addresses with the devs premine?

I mean if the community finds a dev and takes it over, the original devs damn sure shouldn't make anything off of what we do after they just bounced.

I know some people have floated ideas but i don't think we as a group have really came together to try to fix the issue.

I don't always agree or like what everyone says but most of us have been around since the beginning. There's always a chance that we could turn it around.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:40:10 AM

Keep the 8's, I don't think bholzer can claim the logo, as this is open source software and i doubt its trademarked or anything like that. Also I very much doubt anyone would as they open themselves up to scam/fraud issues

If it is possible to get rid of the original dev wallet I would chuck in 50000 octo into a new dev fund, but it would have to be escrow as it gives the dev something to work towards, not just selling them and running off. and if they are paid in octo it gives them incentive to increase the value of the coin. otherwise they may do things like basic dev work like the wallet, but not do anything to increase the value
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 09:05:17 AM

Keep the 8's, I don't think bholzer can claim the logo, as this is open source software and i doubt its trademarked or anything like that. Also I very much doubt anyone would as they open themselves up to scam/fraud issues

If it is possible to get rid of the original dev wallet I would chuck in 50000 octo into a new dev fund, but it would have to be escrow as it gives the dev something to work towards, not just selling them and running off. and if they are paid in octo it gives them incentive to increase the value of the coin. otherwise they may do things like basic dev work like the wallet, but not do anything to increase the value

agree %100. and i wouldn't waste one breath on bholzer, he can go fuck himself. this coin is abandoned, and i'm all for getting a fund going to see it put into the hands of someone who has incentive to improve it. Mark, Mr. Coinsolidation sir, i will match the 50,000 octocoins to be donated if you're interested in getting this coin back on track. If I had any BTC I'd donate that too, however the last of my crypto is all octo.

and to "djsmalldick". dude, you're hilarious. you made my day. you tried ripping on me because "if i put as much energy into helping rather than complaining....", dude, you made a joke account to try and troll me. that's a level of energy expenditure that is way beyond me. and believe it or not, i've been helping. if anyone listened to me in the months before this coin was frozen they'd have had a chance to actually recover some of their investment, wish i listened to my own words, but i was %100 right in pointing out all the bullshit discrepancies with the "Devs".

7 months of lies, deceit, imaginary devs, and more lies.,... or the person who tried desperately to expose those lies. who destroyed this coin?

i'm all for losing the attacks, but that will come when people stop attacking me for trying to push truth to the surface in the face of more lies, deceit, and imaginary devs (referencing the dickbag who decided to "take over" this coin without talking to anyone, and who claims Edric is working on it which he is clearly not, and bitches about anyone asking for some transparency). Coinsolidation is the first person to say something real about this coin, so right now my faith is in him. see how he: A) asked us first if he should work on this, and B) has posted something to back up his claims. it really doesn't take a lot to come off as legitimate. the central plotline of this coin is losing perspective and trusting people who aren't trustworthy.

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 02:43:24 PM

Update

I have spoken further with Ritchie, his strong preference goes to having a new wallet based on a proven codebase.  Even if the specific issue is patched, OctoCoin as it stands is based on a nearly year old unmaintained pre-aux doge client called Inutoshi. Many bugs have been found, and improvements made to major code bases since then, it can be considered legacy.

This could be saved. But it will take a lot of input and thinking outside the box. The state of Octo is zero.

So the questions are as follows:

Where do you take Octo from here as far as function and branding? Without 8 apps, does the name Octo still hold value? I know some have said that 888 is lucky, China, etc. and that's a great point. But what will the coin bring to make it stand out? How can you relate that to 888? Also, what if we jack the blockchain and they come after us for their logo, etc.? I mean that's a possibility.

What do you do about a fork? I do believe we have enough asics to jack the blockchain.

What do you do about the wallet addresses with the devs premine?

I would encourage you to discuss these points further.  From an outsiders perspective you have two redeeming features: 1) Community 2) Brand (888)

Forget about coin/qt features, and concentrate on uses. Every coin needs a purpose, a reason to validate it's existence, find this, then create or modify apps and software which will allow it to be used for that purpose.  If you concede that it does not have a (non profit making) purpose, then consider moving on.

If a new OctoCoin were created, it may be feasible to organize a pre-mine and burn, where people could opt-in to the new OctoCoin by burning their balance at bittrex.  After the burn period was over, an equivalently sized pre-mine could be distributed to those who opted in; thereby replacing old coin with new, and invalidating any previous dev's holdings.

Please discuss how to take this forward, as opposed to ways to move the overriding problem to somebody else by getting the coin enabled at bittrex and dumping, that doesn't help anybody and is quite unfair.  Apportioning blame is also human nature, but we know it's not conducive to building a positive future.

Merging communities and abandoning the currency is also a possibility.  There are other active coins and some good developers around such as defaced, btcdrak, jl777, crypto_zoidberg, bitcoin devs, dogecoin devs, to name just a few.  Additionally there are projects such as Kora which may soon be merging in communities to create a large starfish community where all folded in projects receive a fair portion of a group-wide currency.  Crypto is fractured, anybody concerned with longevity or who sees crypto as having a strong future, may be best placed to consolidate their communities around or in to high(er) quality projects with proven activity.

Honestly, try to determine if this is a community of ill fortuned bag holders, or if you have active productive members who can create or sponsor software, business, apps, and respective marketing - without those things no amount of branding, good will, or coin development will help the bigger situation.

I sincerely hope this conveys as positive, and will watch and contribute thoughts or code where warranted.

Many Regards,

Mark

Clarification: if I help with code, donations after any release would always be welcomed, but don't worry about raising a bounty or escrow, I offered help to a community and a friend, I did not take on a freelance project or bounty assignment.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

i've always said that we should push ahead with the gambling aspect. this was the core focus of octocoin to begin with, and we all got onboard. then months later, people started worrying about 888.com somehow sueing us over infringement (what? i know right?). in short, i've heard no good ideas on how to proceed, anything that seems like a good idea gets shot down, and we have nobody that has the technical know-how to actually get it done, even if we had direction. we're a group of passive voyeurs, just watching, waiting for someone who knows what they're doing to take ahold. hence the positive over-reaction whenever someone says they're going to do something with this coin, only to turn out to be lies and bullshit anyways.

the most fun i've had with this coin was in IRC, someone made a text-based poker game, octopoker or something. i think it was this coin, it might have been cloak. anyways, it was actually fun! and a REASON for this coin to exist! im my opinion we have no other direction but this, we should play to our strengths and get an online poker system working with this coin.

honestly, what do we have to lose?

1) find a dev who can build a poker app
2) get it back on bittrex

sounds like about as realistic gameplan as i can come up with. and i don't even think we could get this done. only edric has done anything with this coin, and he's AWOL.

so say "i sign off on this" and let's get it moving.

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: