Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542196 times)
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:13:47 PM

I'm glad we started to discuss BlackCoin and maybe together we brainstorm some actions which start pulling the HVC price up. I am already afraid to open Mintpal to see how the HVC price dropped again. I was so happy I purchased a bag of HVC couple a days ago at 3600 having an order waiting couple of days. Smiley Now I wanna cry. What is actually Keccak working on currently? Seems not very active on this blog. I saw now on BlackCoin chat how lively that community is comparing to HVC one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:17:42 PM

Windows 7 x64, 13.12 Driver.
AMD Radeon 7950 cards, 3 of them.

Using cgminer-heavy-zhpool-2014-04-01
Here's my bat file

cgminer.exe -d 0 -d 1 -d 2 --heavy --no-submit-stale -I 8 --gpu-threads 1 --gpu-engine 1000,1000,1000 --gpu-memclock 1000 -w 64 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.heavycoin.zhpool.com:40001 -u x -p x

In cgminer, I am getting
Rejected xxx. invalid literal for int() wi

Any idea whats causing this error? I have zero accepts, all rejects.
incin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:48:18 PM

Any idea whats causing this error? I have zero accepts, all rejects.

Isn't the -v (please vote low) mandatory?    Undecided

Yes vote is required, otherwise all rejects. 'Unauthorized user' error if im not mistaken.

massiveman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

Honestly, it sounds like life support for a coin that got mined out before it could catch on. Why wouldnt you mine coins with more value and buy BC if you wanted? What happens when a coin you are mining for them gains value, but all you have is a bag of BC? No thanks.

It's not that simple, they take the mined coins pay out in BC but then use the profits from said mined coins to then buy up BC on the markets. It's a multistage process, basically it creates constant buy support. Here is a normal day for blackcoin on Mintpal
24 Hour Volume:
364.171 BTC

This is 80% of the BC multipool buying up blackcoin to sustain and drive it's price. If you watch it daily you'll see the btc volume is always ridiculous because of it. They then take the BC purchased and distribute it like a cycle of events to the ones mining their multipool.

I think it's a great idea, wish I knew something about coding because I would support this with my rig.
gpools

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:39:19 PM

A couple of you nailed it as far as what I'm pushing for us. This is just one game company, but I now have a good email template to test the waters with many more.
And it doesn't stop there, whether we like it or not Dogecoin did set the bar high for charity. This doesn't mean Heavycoin cannot make it's own impact as well.

As suggested we could get HVC integrated into a game or help fund science or medical goals. There are so many possibilities to show off our currency and grab media attention. As I stated before these kind of things require us as a community to achieve, trust me if I could fund these projects alone I would Smiley

As it stands we can achieve smaller goals and yet gain so much. If we want articles about us from media like Coindesk it is a lot more helpful when I can submit our coin information AND a nice little story about how we banded together to help fund a good project.

In regards to donations I'm not even talking a ton of coins per person, maybe 500 to 1000 from all of us that would contribute to the greater good of Heavycoin's future. Once I get a few possible causes attention I will post them here and we can do a poll vote to fund the most desired. This also aligns with the democratic core of HVC.

We are close to our goal with the HVC Thunderclap see gpools last post above for the link. Also please (cannot stress this enough) go here http://www.reddit.com/r/heavycoin/comments/21z8v4/moolah_is_the_future_of_digital_currency/
And read my post then submit our request to Moolah. Digipay is almost out of beta, we need this priceless feature to gain instant real world use on any merchant site. Do you want to spend your Heavycoin at tiger direct or newegg or amazon?? Then do this!

Happy mining and trading everyone,

Your humble marketing team.
+1
incin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:46:33 PM

Honestly, it sounds like life support for a coin that got mined out before it could catch on. Why wouldnt you mine coins with more value and buy BC if you wanted? What happens when a coin you are mining for them gains value, but all you have is a bag of BC? No thanks.

It's not that simple, they take the mined coins pay out in BC but then use the profits from said mined coins to then buy up BC on the markets. It's a multistage process, basically it creates constant buy support. Here is a normal day for blackcoin on Mintpal
24 Hour Volume:
364.171 BTC

This is 80% of the BC multipool buying up blackcoin to sustain and drive it's price. If you watch it daily you'll see the btc volume is always ridiculous because of it. They then take the BC purchased and distribute it like a cycle of events to the ones mining their multipool.

I think it's a great idea, wish I knew something about coding because I would support this with my rig.

I don't think it's life support for a dying coin but it is in essence life support. Unless im misunderstanding the concept the part that gets me is that it centralizes the currency. Without that pool and the operators the coin likely dies. One select group controls the fate of the coin no matter how many followers there are. The coin relies on the group to profit from mining alts to boost there own coin value. It centralizes the risk/reward.

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:42:55 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 09:57:31 PM by Anotheranonlol

24 Hour Volume:
364.171 BTC

I don't think it's life support for a dying coin but it is in essence life support. Unless im misunderstanding the concept the part that gets me is that it centralizes the currency. Without that pool and the operators the coin likely dies. One select group controls the fate of the coin no matter how many followers there are. The coin relies on the group to profit from mining alts to boost there own coin value. It centralizes the risk/reward.

certainly is a novel concept, and there is no denying the knock on market effects it has, constant buy support provides pyschological re-assurance. If a HVC centric multipool appeared it would be great.

incin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:16:25 PM

24 Hour Volume:
364.171 BTC

Yeah im not necessarily against it but rather pointing out that if issues arise with the central bank pool then that buy support disappears and potential chaos happens.

certainly is a novel concept, and there is no denying the knock on market effects it has, constant buy support provides pyschological re-assurance. If a HVC centric multipool appeared it would be great.

incin

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

24 Hour Volume:
364.171 BTC

Im not necessarily against it but gotta hope the central bank pool holds the support.

hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:19:46 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/HVC

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

bc/nxt/dogeshit, kings of parasitic shitcoins. why would anyone use a shitcoin as a pair base instead of btc?
(lets see whats next on the agenda of pump and dump fraud scamcoins)
don't let the zealotry of bagholders fool you, they have no way out so their only option is to sucker in as many losers as possible to cut their losses.

to guys like this anything that is not BTC is a scam.  stuck in the past praying another coin doesn't go main stream,  because the reality is almost every other coins out there is faster and better than BTC.  If BTC wasn't the very first crypto currency it would be dead.   

Severaz

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:05:00 AM

vote 1024 more coins woot
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:37:08 AM

In the mint phase the coin limit is 45 million coins. A vote of 1024 just gets us to the limit phase faster. The votes in the next 2 phases are what will determine the total supply.
gpools

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:39:46 AM

we have more exchange but price and vol low. Now we need more community news.
Severaz

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:47:35 AM

In the mint phase the coin limit is 45 million coins. A vote of 1024 just gets us to the limit phase faster. The votes in the next 2 phases are what will determine the total supply.

i know get em before the asics do.. everyone knows bigger is better !
coiner777

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:35:43 AM

Are you guys watching what's happenning with BlackCoin right now? Can we expect such hype to happen to HVC anytime soon? I start to feel HVC is not that unique as we all try to believe.

Follow your feelings.  They are correct.

THE IPO IS CANCELLED DUE TO NEGATIVE ACTIVITY FORM FRAUDULENT USERS! ALL BTC PAID WILL BE REFUNDED TO USERS.

There is a network of scammers that post bad things about a coin and then demand BTC to erase the posts: scam_exposer and sitefive.

This is the proof a PM sent to us, now they demand us BTC to erase all those posts:

http://s16.postimg.org/hohih3nr9/scamx.jpg

Now we know what were they real reasons. I hope that maybe that is not the real reason and they can apologise now for the things they said. That will prove them to be not scammers and maybe they were just wrong about us.

We are now just going to launch the coin without an IPO. We have erase the IPO from main post. Just to proof these people they were doing lies and trying to make schemes with posting bad stuff then demand BTC to erase the posts. We will launch the coin!

As soon as we communicate with our web developer will update the site about it too.

EDIT: thimo is not part of this PMs, please don't hold anything bad about him or post bad things in his thread. We wish them good luck with their coin. Our apologies.

Shutup Scam Exposer, we all know you run the real SCAM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=553124.msg6039800#msg6039800
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:48:56 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 04:32:26 AM by foaman

bc/nxt/dogeshit, kings of parasitic shitcoins. why would anyone use a shitcoin as a pair base instead of btc?
(lets see whats next on the agenda of pump and dump fraud scamcoins)
don't let the zealotry of bagholders fool you, they have no way out so their only option is to sucker in as many losers as possible to cut their losses.

to guys like this anything that is not BTC is a scam.  stuck in the past praying another coin doesn't go main stream,  because the reality is almost every other coins out there is faster and better than BTC.  If BTC wasn't the very first crypto currency it would be dead.   

oh please :rolleyes:
i'm just sick of hundreds of shitcoins bringing no significant advance in technology. and there are many ways to improve major design flaws even in bitcoin

(and lol at "faster=better", you have no clue man)

ignorance must be bliss ...

the whole world isn't trying to make things faster and better?  i suppose your happy reading your good ole newspaper and checking your email on a 56k modem.  i bet you stand in line at the checkout and write a check.  you shouldn't be wasting time posting in these forums i think your mother is paging you better check your beeper.
Wenzel745

Activity: 61

I'll use crypto to buy a Fiat

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:23:57 AM

Alright, for all the folks hoping for an HVC Multipool, it can't happen, and here's why:

1. Blackcoin is PoS not PoW. This means they don't need miners to be constantly mining the coin in order to sustain the blockchain, all that is handled by open wallets. Whether or not that is good is another conversation for another time, but that's how it is.

2. The multipool would take away hashrate from the HVC blockchain, making HVC more vulnerable and less secure.

3. If a multipool were to solve for 2, it would have to allocate massive hash power to the HVC blockchain, negating the upsides.

Here's the danger with HVC if I understand correctly: If people don't tone down their votes now, the coin will be fully minted REALLY REALLY FAST. This is bad because it centralizes the coin to only early adopters, weakening the coin long term (fewer investors because the community is too small). We need to stretch the mint phase as long as possible for the SURVIVAL of the coin. At this rate, it will already be minted by the time the ASICS hit, and GPU miners won't come because ROI will be too low. We need to, if possible, stretch the mint for AT LEAST a year. The coin needs time to grow.

If people don't lower their votes, the network will be dead in 6 months or less, the moment we hit the sustain phase. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF HVC VOTE 1

BTC: 163pZXhATaWiuGAX9o9y6PuKCF8ipDWnJH
HVC: HJWFdgUJPEw1oiLckBFPBzs8vCTLokCGgd
gpools

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:32:19 AM

Alright, for all the folks hoping for an HVC Multipool, it can't happen, and here's why:

1. Blackcoin is PoS not PoW. This means they don't need miners to be constantly mining the coin in order to sustain the blockchain, all that is handled by open wallets. Whether or not that is good is another conversation for another time, but that's how it is.

2. The multipool would take away hashrate from the HVC blockchain, making HVC more vulnerable and less secure.

3. If a multipool were to solve for 2, it would have to allocate massive hash power to the HVC blockchain, negating the upsides.

Here's the danger with HVC if I understand correctly: If people don't tone down their votes now, the coin will be fully minted REALLY REALLY FAST. This is bad because it centralizes the coin to only early adopters, weakening the coin long term (fewer investors because the community is too small). We need to stretch the mint phase as long as possible for the SURVIVAL of the coin. At this rate, it will already be minted by the time the ASICS hit, and GPU miners won't come because ROI will be too low. We need to, if possible, stretch the mint for AT LEAST a year. The coin needs time to grow.

If people don't lower their votes, the network will be dead in 6 months or less, the moment we hit the sustain phase. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF HVC VOTE 1
I Agree
massiveman

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:52:36 AM

I Agree

whilst I agree the logic to this is sound, I feel a multipool would kickstart demand, the increased buy support would increase the value in the coin and in turn increase peoples interest. The detraction from the hashrate would be made up for once people become more interested and start mining HVC. The difficulty would drop accordingly as well leaving people more likely to begin mining.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: