Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast  (Read 542196 times)
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

My wallet is not syncing, any one else having the same problem?
I have no problem.

i am getting "not responding error" now, the worst wallet i ever used  Angry
Reset you computer and try again.

just checked on other computer and working good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cayars

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:31:04 PM

Is HVC dead? So low price

Lots of uncertainty as the Devs have only made one post in 12 days and haven't made any public communication via the forum in 8 days.

People are feeling abandoned.

So why do you still care about HVC, cayars?

No other coins that are more interesting to you?

Multiple reasons in no particular order:
1) Devs made a huge amount off IPO and aren't living up to expectations people have of them to support the coin or the community in exchange for IPO money
2) This amounts to the same as stealing from everyone, because the 10%+- premine could have been mined by all miners*
3) They should be accountable and if no one speaks up...
4) This is a very bad precedent they are setting in the alt coin world that should never be repeated (as it may hurts all new alt coins in the future)
5) Because I hold some HVC and would like it to be worth something, sometime in the future
6) Small part curiosity to see if, community can work together to fix "voting" since this is one of the last remaining unique features of the coin - even if flawed
7) Small part curiosity to see if, when, Devs decide to make a contribution to fix issues and/or announce plans to add value back to HVC
8 ) Coin can still be fixed and it could possible to make a comeback - but will get harder and harder each passing day
etc

* Some people were immediately rewarded for BTC contributions by receiving HVC.  Those who didn't participate in the IPO still are affected by it because by mining you except that around 10% of the coin is premined. Many who mined without buying a stake are still putting faith that the 10% not minable will be put to good use for the sake of the coin (marketing or continued development, etc). This so far doesn't seem like it's happening by complete lack of communication.

Sure there are other coins that interest me.  Alt Chains for BTC, Black Coin (POS) with mining pool, NXT, etc  I like to study and analyze the good and bad in different coins.

mumbly

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:08:36 PM

Hey guys,

(just to confirm I can also sync my wallet without problems)

I wanted to say hello, my name is Mumbly, I'm a mod on the design thread.

I saw some mention about current concerns on twitter and was trying to figure out where it was coming from.

To let you all know, I have no information or influence on what's happening, I can confirm that the last message I received from Keccak was on Apr 10th, which looks like it fits in with the time frames discussed here.

I've been talking with the coin devs since a little after the coin launched and a gap of this period is not too surprising from my experience, but I'll easily concede that I would also like to hear from the guys.

My understanding is that the latest version of the wallet was released on Apr 14. I assumed that the guys had taken some time for themselves after this code release.

I've probably used this excuse more than I should, but I've talked with these guys and they've sounded so flat out in their communication I believe they've been burning hard for the last six weeks, I *hope* they are taking some time off.

Having said that, if they had told all of us that they are taking a few weeks off rather than going quiet on us I would feel a lot more comfortable.

I have no idea what's happening, but I am also not that concerned for now, having spoken with Keccak at length via PM, I will say this for him:

- He has promised to take an action within some kind of time frame and not followed through in the time agreed, but so far he has always come through in the end.

- I was a minor IPO investor, to my mind, if the plan was to scam us, they could have just done it day one after the IPO and saved themselves a lot of effort - I'm not saying that they haven't given up - but I'm not convinced of this and they still have my support for now. They promised me HVC in the IPO phase and delivered them.

- They have promised to pay me for work in HCV and have delivered (later then promised) but they delivered 100% of the time. For the record, the HCV I've been paid is still in my wallet.

I have no more information than anyone else, but I have seen posts in the last few pages about the idea of a Heavycoin community.

I would like to suggest that Keccak and nomisugi can make a coin that can start a community, but a better idea is for us to create a community for ourselves - we can't affect anything about the coin for now, but if anyone is of a similar mind out there - what if we do this - what if we figure out the community we would like to have and express to the devs what our community needs from them to have our continued support?

tl;dr - if we want community, and we have some faith for now, why don't we figure out what we want from them together and put it to them as a group?

Now to be the asshole, I'm online for the next 24 hours then I'm offline for 4 days. When I come back I'll give you guys a sign of life if anyone gives a shit about this idea.

Cheers,
M

Maestro1

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:26:16 PM

I think the development team need to:

1. Come and show their support and commitment to the project.
2. Remove the 1024 (and even 512) voting options.
3. Prepare an official multipool that mines Scrypt coins and pays in HVC.
4. Develop an Android wallet.

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
BTC: 1LCsuAojeFqf5YamN9iiwEo3VJ9YM8HHjf
Croak

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

Regarding the absence of the devs, I have two words that likely explain it:

Spring Break

Two more words:

Final Exams

Just sayin'...

gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:10:33 PM

Grin He not online. End of the world.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:21:12 PM

Regarding the absence of the devs, I have two words that likely explain it:

Spring Break

Two more words:

Final Exams

Just sayin'...

Are they of student age? That's just an assumption, right?
designdream

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:02:08 PM

I understand that a lack of communication is enough to scare people, but 9 days of not committing changes to github does not mean they are "inactive". His last commit included multiple fixes. I also received a reply from keccak512 yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/DqivUwF.png

The current hashing power still dedicated to heavycoin is enough to prove that interest isn't dying. There is an investment being made and it will pan out as interest grows and more users understand the power of democratic mining.  It's an innovative concept and runs cool on GPUs. Buy heavycoins while you can get them cheap. Don't let the pump and dumpers take control of the market. 
cayars

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

I have read all your concerns about the block rewards very carefully along the way...  but this selling pressure has nothing to do with the devs...  I mean come on now...  there are people dumping hard and then come here with "I told you so" remarks...  lol...  let them dump...  what these new folks that are sucking up the cheap HVCs will do is what actually matters...  NOT that some decided to let go of their HVCs for close to nothing.

There is a lot of uncertainty going on right now with the coin. Even in mumbly's post (couple above this) he is uncertain what is going on and he has worked with them to some degree (for whatever his post is worth).  The Devs aren't showing up and aren't communicating anything to us on a regular basis.  No one knows if they are taking time off, if they are currently working on something for the coin or whatnot.

Many, many people have issues with the decentralized voting (I just happen to be one of the more outspoken) and see problems ahead.  We see the coin constantly dropping in price.  Hash rates are dropping daily.  People want to know what's going on and if the creators of the coin have anything in mind to help remedy the issues and falling value.

People see a potential major problem explained in detail and then see the only post from the devs in almost 2 weeks saying:

We don't plan to address it because we do not share your doomsday opinion.

Like it or not, the current mint rate is what has been voted for.  Also, we do not believe a steep decline in the block reward (if that happens) would necessarily be bad.  A low block reward could detract some miners, but an exhausted supply could also put upward pressure on the price, which would serve to attract miners.  No one can predict the future.  There are some very successful altcoins, most notably Quark, that have undergone sharp drops in mining reward.  Our view is that this factor alone does not determine the future of a coin.  However, miners are free to adjust their votes according to their beliefs.

I'd assume, more and more people are having doubts for the long term survival of the coin.  Without hearing any comforting words from the devs they probably feel like it's better to try and get something for their coins or they could end up with nothing. Hence the dumping.

There is no communication, no leadership, no apparent marketing campaign (that we know of) going on that the community is aware of.

So yea, many feel like the devs have a lot to do with it, and saying "this selling pressure has nothing to do with the devs...  I mean come on now" is a little out of touch with reality IMHO.
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:38:04 PM

I have read all your concerns about the block rewards very carefully along the way...  but this selling pressure has nothing to do with the devs...  I mean come on now...  there are people dumping hard and then come here with "I told you so" remarks...  lol...  let them dump...  what these new folks that are sucking up the cheap HVCs will do is what actually matters...  NOT that some decided to let go of their HVCs for close to nothing.

There is a lot of uncertainty going on right now with the coin. Even in mumbly's post (couple above this) he is uncertain what is going on and he has worked with them to some degree (for whatever his post is worth).  The Devs aren't showing up and aren't communicating anything to us on a regular basis.  No one knows if they are taking time off, if they are currently working on something for the coin or whatnot.

Many, many people have issues with the decentralized voting (I just happen to be one of the more outspoken) and see problems ahead.  We see the coin constantly dropping in price.  Hash rates are dropping daily.  People want to know what's going on and if the creators of the coin have anything in mind to help remedy the issues and falling value.

People see a potential major problem explained in detail and then see the only post from the devs in almost 2 weeks saying:

We don't plan to address it because we do not share your doomsday opinion.

Like it or not, the current mint rate is what has been voted for.  Also, we do not believe a steep decline in the block reward (if that happens) would necessarily be bad.  A low block reward could detract some miners, but an exhausted supply could also put upward pressure on the price, which would serve to attract miners.  No one can predict the future.  There are some very successful altcoins, most notably Quark, that have undergone sharp drops in mining reward.  Our view is that this factor alone does not determine the future of a coin.  However, miners are free to adjust their votes according to their beliefs.

I'd assume, more and more people are having doubts for the long term survival of the coin.  Without hearing any comforting words from the devs they probably feel like it's better to try and get something for their coins or they could end up with nothing. Hence the dumping.

There is no communication, no leadership, no apparent marketing campaign (that we know of) going on that the community is aware of.

So yea, many feel like the devs have a lot to do with it, and saying "this selling pressure has nothing to do with the devs...  I mean come on now" is a little out of touch with reality IMHO.
+1
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:03:11 PM

The clones are coming https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.msg6305551#msg6305551

They even copy and paste the IPO. They did scrap the vote. While I don't think this is the version of HVC we are looking for it points to 1 single truth. A clone with a motivated dev team and no voting will be bad news for HVC. HVC voting requires the community to have the same conversation over and over and over. 250+ pages of please vote low and no effect, this coin will be irrelevant in 100 days when it hits sustain phase. Ditch the voting and we can salvage hvc, leave it in place and this coin won't survive. I hope im wrong, but there are hundreds of pages in this thread that spell out why it's going to flop.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:13:24 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 06:25:33 PM by Anotheranonlol

I understand that a lack of communication is enough to scare people, but 9 days of not committing changes to github does not mean they are "inactive". His last commit included multiple fixes. I also received a reply from keccak512 yesterday.

The current hashing power still dedicated to heavycoin is enough to prove that interest isn't dying. There is an investment being made and it will pan out as interest grows and more users understand the power of democratic mining.  It's an innovative concept and runs cool on GPUs. Buy heavycoins while you can get them cheap. Don't let the pump and dumpers take control of the market.  

I've sent Keccak512 bitmessage days ago. and it seems he didn't even open his bitmessage client to receive any message, there is no receipt notification

Fair enough...  but you said it yourself...  "they probably feel like it's better to try and get something for their coins or they could end up with nothing."

Heavy dumps pressure rates (it's NOT the devs dumping by the way)...  but in every trade there is a BUYER!    Wink

Edit:  By the way...  the "I mean come on now" was in reference to the "there are people dumping hard and then come here with "I told you so" remarks..."  

I dumped 1 mill+ on mintpal over the last days impatiently & at a loss, still got little left, dumping that then out of this shitcoin for now.
the dev not so much as signing online, for over a week after for taking that IPO earnings is pretty much gross negligence, that's crucial for new coin
dev has shown himself not capable or not interested to be ship captain material
the only ones that could steer this ship now through the choppy waves is the community together, and right now it's a bare community of only bagholders, we've got thunderclap to mostly fake followers and a few pretty charts, some genuine proposals to improve the coin such as forcing reward low, but it's falling on deaf ears and reward still stuck at 524

RIP HVC
 March 08, 2014 - April 22, 2014
you will be quickly forgotten and replaced

cayars

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:20:01 PM

The clones are coming https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.msg6305551#msg6305551

They even copy and paste the IPO. They did scrap the vote. While I don't think this is the version of HVC we are looking for it points to 1 single truth. A clone with a motivated dev team and no voting will be bad news for HVC. HVC voting requires the community to have the same conversation over and over and over. 250+ pages of please vote low and no effect, this coin will be irrelevant in 100 days when it hits sustain phase. Ditch the voting and we can salvage hvc, leave it in place and this coin won't survive. I hope im wrong, but there are hundreds of pages in this thread that spell out why it's going to flop.

Wow, what a blatent rip off coin.

I might have to "introduce" myself in their forum. Smiley
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:22:50 PM

and a few pretty charts
oh no you didn't!  Angry

Actually, the charts are pretty - thanks Wink (I just make them for fun/exploring different graphing methods in LibreOffice as we're moving away from MS Office at work - also doing a graph for MaxCoin stuff for one of the pools out there - it's good exercise)
However, the data they draw from would be downright depressing if I had any stake in HVC Cheesy
( Not trolling or trying to talk people down - just a fact that this coin (like so many others) has seen more glorious days.  Perhaps the clones will do things better from the get-go. )

bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

So I don't get it... other than the devs not being very active in this forum, (they are available and very responsive via bitmessage) whats this major problem everyone is talking about? The fact that the miners can "manipulate" the vote upwards supposedly in their favor?? The vote is actually currently at its lowest since release.. no?
Anotheranonlol

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:27:53 PM

and a few pretty charts
oh no you didn't!  Angry

Actually, the charts are pretty - thanks Wink (I just make them for fun/exploring different graphing methods in LibreOffice as we're moving away from MS Office at work - also doing a graph for MaxCoin stuff for one of the pools out there - it's good exercise)
However, the data they draw from would be downright depressing if I had any stake in HVC Cheesy
( Not trolling or trying to talk people down - just a fact that this coin (like so many others) has seen more glorious days.  Perhaps the clones will do things better from the get-go. )

No disrespect, you are playing a more active role than me in this community, just making the point that this is on a downward trend.

I sent dev request days ago, seems he did not open it at all, contrary to what other guy shows (maybe photoshopped or his own address posing as reponse ) so beware, for now he's completely awol. many coins have completely died after being abandoned by dev in the past  Angry

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:40:07 PM

whats this major problem everyone is talking about?
Might be this (which you've seen, surely?):
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506774.msg6188691#msg6188691

Anotheranonlol

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

So I don't get it... other than the devs not being very active in this forum, (they are available and very responsive via bitmessage) whats this major problem everyone is talking about? The fact that the miners can "manipulate" the vote upwards supposedly in their favor?? The vote is actually currently at its lowest since release.. no?

Where are they responsive via bitmessage? I've never received a response from them

cayars

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:57:12 PM

and a few pretty charts
oh no you didn't!  Angry

Oh yes he did Smiley
[size=7t]( Not trolling or trying to talk people down - just a fact that this coin (like so many others) has seen more glorious days.  Perhaps the clones will do things better from the get-go. )[/size]

oh no you didn't!  Angry
Sorry, couldn't resist.
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:27:55 PM

oh no you didn't!  Angry
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 298 »
  Print  

Jump to: