Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:24:50 AM

I think mindfox is a dodgy cunt and I have a right to my opinion.

He has threatened to leave this community just because of fud.  That does not inspire confidence.

I would give him a million wc but doubt it would help us as his not our dev but works for many many coins that have termed scam with hidden premine.  It is suspicious
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:44:44 AM

Community owned or at the mercy of people that are just not that interested I wonders.
crucial

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:47:09 AM

Hi,

Another notice on wc page of bittrex.

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 1st unless the average trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC

Guess not many people trade WC on bittrex?
Khelgaar

Activity: 109

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:42:52 AM

He has threatened to leave this community just because of fud.  That does not inspire confidence.

I would give him a million wc but doubt it would help us as his not our dev but works for many many coins that have termed scam with hidden premine.  It is suspicious

Yes, you have the right to your opinion but... First off, if you have been here from the beginning you'll know that without mindfox and his work, we wouldn't talk about anything on this thread cause this coin would been dead for awhile... Well, if he is busy with another coin that only means he is good at what he is doing Wink

So, if you have something to offer as a solution for one or two issues, it would be nice to direct your suggestions to IRC channel #wc-pr or #whitecoinfoundation. Also you can send PM to mogonzo, cryptoSEO, Oizopower, Surfguy72...

PS. And one thing to add, this is not P/D coin, as I see from your posts that you like to play with prices on the exchanges, so take your seat and join this community in building this great coin (hope it will be great) Grin

cheers
B.
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:14:05 AM

Yes, you have the right to your opinion but... First off, if you have been here from the beginning you'll know that without mindfox and his work, we wouldn't talk about anything on this thread cause this coin would been dead for awhile... Well, if he is busy with another coin that only means he is good at what he is doing Wink

So, if you have something to offer as a solution for one or two issues, it would be nice to direct your suggestions to IRC channel #wc-pr or #whitecoinfoundation. Also you can send PM to mogonzo, cryptoSEO, Oizopower, Surfguy72...

PS. And one thing to add, this is not P/D coin, as I see from your posts that you like to play with prices on the exchanges, so take your seat and join this community in building this great coin (hope it will be great) Grin

cheers
B.

Khelgaar Well said!
To Caesar what is Caesar ...
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:21:26 AM

Hi,

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Aug 1st unless the average trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.1 BTC

I have watched that exchange for several days and it has been parked on the bid and asks. Another exchange, AtomicTrade has almost no buys and all sells, yet shows a lot of volume. This one has me wondering. I think as long as we stick to core exchanges, the rest really don't matter. Hate to say it, but BTC-e would be the exchange to park this coin. Almost impossible however.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:32:07 AM

If we are not going companion coin let's just get the super block done.

30M superblock held by escrows and released to new development team over time for work completed.

No point waiting for donations, this is wasting time we could be getting stuff done.

Donations don't raise shit.

10% dilution for everyone with proportional returns or losses to everyone.

Khelgaar

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

Hi,

I have watched that exchanges for several days and it has been parked on the bid and asks. Another exchange, AtomicTrade has almost no buys and all sells, yet shows a lot of volume. This one has me wondering. I think as long as we stick to core exchanges, the rest really don't matter. Hate to say it, but BTC-e would be the exchange to park this coin. Almost impossible however.

Agree with you WNW. I think it would be better to delist WC if there is no volume and daily trading... For now we do have some daily volume in those core exchanges as you said and that is enough for me... To be honest, would be great to see that changed but this is for the moment max we can hit.  Wink

Lets make listing to BTC-e as our future goal, maybe... ? Smiley
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:53:20 AM

30M superblock held by escrows and released to new development team over time for work completed.

No point waiting for donations, this is wasting time we could be getting stuff done.

cryptohunter, share your opinion about donations... if big players don't involve in donations there will not be enough money for anything...
your suggestion is interesting but someone with better tech knowledge will answer that.  Wink
tonyback

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:19:42 PM

why so many people creating new coins?
What are the benefits?

Huh Huh Huh
Khelgaar

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:23:53 PM

I would like to move that the WCF invest in the deep investigation of a privacy function, thereby defining and implementing a Privacy function for Whitecoin.  Personally I believe that TOR is the least path to resistance with numerous examples to follow however, this deep review by Mindfox and other developers needs to start upon vetting of kick starting the Privacy project. 

My Vote = YES to Privacy Function

To further support the development of a Privacy function, Shair.com will be donating to the privacy project and once the WCF determines the approx efforts required, WCF creates the bounty, allocates % of its current donation wallet to the privacy project, additional donations can then be accepted and allocated this project with a donation by Shair.  I suspect that raising funds to cover this project shouldn't be an issue.

Other Items:

1. Shair.com is in the final stages of reviewing the legalities for its Community Investment Award, looking to provide an update early next week.  The current framework will  support the Community and WCF, just need the lawyers to sign off on it.

2. Shair.com would like to put forth that in addition to Privacy, that the WCF/Community consider smart contracts - the blockchain is where real innovation, value and differentiation is, Shair will support this process provided the Community decides that the investment to "smartify" the Whitecoin Network, is a path to follow.  Shair believes that this is the future (innovation of the blockchain) and would like to begin the process of evaluating the process of defining how this can be accomplished with Whitecoin, if the Community/WCF agree.

On behalf of Shair.com we look forward to supporting the growth of the Community, Whitecoin and The Whitecoin Foundation for the longterm.  Our initial investment has already been made (yes we are staking) with the very real potential of much more to follow as we continue to evaluate the path the community and WCF takes, in addition to the support of the community for Whitecoin, initiated projects and acceptance of Whitecoin by our interested Investors, Customers and Associates.

Jason Arnold
COO - Shair.com
VP The Whitecoin Foundation

Jason,

As always your presence and ideas are very welcomed.  I believe looking into utilizing the TOR network is an excellent idea, and I also believe with you, if a budget is prepared for implementation, there will be support in the community.

Recent articles revolving around bitcoin's blockchain have also been discussed, why not put that power to use.  The ability to utilize the power (POS) and the blockchain itself provides synergy where we (and almost every coin) has wastes.

Thanks Surfguy,

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

+3  Grin

1. Privacy = YES
2. Smart Network = YES
3. Decreased Conf Time = YES

I keep mining, taking, staking and buying, WC has my full support!  This is going in a fantastic direction  Cool

Just another bump Tongue

So much great news are mentioned here Wink
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:22:33 PM

Create a superblock 30 million can lead to suspicion and put us under the microscope of potential scams (something that we are now completely safe).
According jarnold, the WCF will present shortly a quote of what it will cost all the improvements we want to do and when we discuss the budget and how to afford the payments.
I am the first (and as I've said above) thinks we should endow the WCF so you can face all the challenges we face, but if we do it may well be worse than the disease.
I do not know why they think it is the big players are not going to engage, when they are most interested in this work.
However, in this we have to engage ALL, large, medium and small.
Greetings.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:41:20 PM

++1

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

Create a superblock 30 million can lead to suspicion and put us under the microscope of potential scams (something that we are now completely safe).
According jarnold, the WCF will present shortly a quote of what it will cost all the improvements we want to do and when we discuss the budget and how to afford the payments.
I am the first (and as I've said above) thinks we should endow the WCF so you can face all the challenges we face, but if we do it may well be worse than the disease.
I do not know why they think it is the big players are not going to engage, when they are most interested in this work.
Greetings.

Maybe there is a compromise between the two proposals.

delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:56:01 PM

Greetings.

Maybe there is a compromise between the two proposals.

Agreed, there' good and bad thing about a superblock, as long as the community is for it and it's done properly and completely transparent, it won't affect the price.

Someone mention some kind of plan for financing the foundation, once out, we'll see which road or hybrid solution to take

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:01:08 PM

why so many people creating new coins?
What are the benefits?

Huh Huh Huh

New coins allow new opportunity to present a perceived fresh new innovative technology for using alternative crypto as a currency or back-end merchant settlement delivery system. Having said that, my previous statement is how it's suppose to work, however, most of the additional coin is pump and dump and is here today and gone tomorrow. In this new realm, only alt with community and a equal distribution of coin will last because like anything else, you are only as strong as your weakest link. It's going to take one healthy purchase, and this coin will never be the same. Wright that down.

Khelgaar

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:07:10 PM

It's going to take one healthy purchase, and this coin will never be the same. Wright that down.

hehe, that's for sure WNW Grin

Khelgaar

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 04:10:33 PM by Khelgaar

Hey Everyone,

Just as an update, I was out of town this week as my partner had a death in the family and we had to make a 12 hour road trip for the funeral. I'm back home now and all is well, and to clarify, I was not working on any other coins. The only crypto work I did this week was to make sure chunky did regular payouts.

If anything, I hope this shows everyone that our work to create true responsible decentralization in the management of this coin works. We all still have lives to live, and especially given recent events in my own life I think it's very important we encourage members of the ops team to balance their time working with a healthy amount of personal time. We don't want to risk people burning out as we saw during the initial crisis that brought us all together.

I'm going to be doing lots of laundry and catching up on real life here in Halifax today, more updates to come this week.

All the best,

Chris

Hey Chris, nice to see you back. Sorry for your partner's loss...  Sad
I want to ask you is there any chance to change Chunky Pool name to ''WhiteCoin multipool''? (Like BC has its own pool  Smiley)
In that way it'll be the first official multipool which only pays in WC. Is that possible? What is currently going on with that pool? Are there any progress in new coin implementation, better profit algo, the continuity in payments, daily trading...? There's no info from them for ages.
As I see, the pool is struggling for continuous hash power... Maybe if we work more on those things, improving pool it self, promoting it and find people who will be operating that pool 24/7 and not few days in a week. That's mine opinion, maybe I'm wrong...  Wink
One more thing for the end, I realy realy realy mean we need much stronger pool then it is. And don't think that there's no miners for WhiteCoin pool, just needed better service from it.

IMHO, this is the issue we need to work on too, besides tech. details about coin it self...  Wink

cheers
B.
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:43:04 PM

cheers
B.

Your right, if you were here from the beginning you would know how committed Mindfox is to WC/WCF.

PM me anytime I always answer

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

I would like to move that the WCF invest in the deep investigation of a privacy function, thereby defining and implementing a Privacy function for Whitecoin.  Personally I believe that TOR is the least path to resistance with numerous examples to follow however, this deep review by Mindfox and other developers needs to start upon vetting of kick starting the Privacy project. 

My Vote = YES to Privacy Function

To further support the development of a Privacy function, Shair.com will be donating to the privacy project and once the WCF determines the approx efforts required, WCF creates the bounty, allocates % of its current donation wallet to the privacy project, additional donations can then be accepted and allocated this project with a donation by Shair.  I suspect that raising funds to cover this project shouldn't be an issue.

Other Items:

1. Shair.com is in the final stages of reviewing the legalities for its Community Investment Award, looking to provide an update early next week.  The current framework will  support the Community and WCF, just need the lawyers to sign off on it.

2. Shair.com would like to put forth that in addition to Privacy, that the WCF/Community consider smart contracts - the blockchain is where real innovation, value and differentiation is, Shair will support this process provided the Community decides that the investment to "smartify" the Whitecoin Network, is a path to follow.  Shair believes that this is the future (innovation of the blockchain) and would like to begin the process of evaluating the process of defining how this can be accomplished with Whitecoin, if the Community/WCF agree.

On behalf of Shair.com we look forward to supporting the growth of the Community, Whitecoin and The Whitecoin Foundation for the longterm.  Our initial investment has already been made (yes we are staking) with the very real potential of much more to follow as we continue to evaluate the path the community and WCF takes, in addition to the support of the community for Whitecoin, initiated projects and acceptance of Whitecoin by our interested Investors, Customers and Associates.

Jason Arnold
COO - Shair.com
VP The Whitecoin Foundation

Jason,

As always your presence and ideas are very welcomed.  I believe looking into utilizing the TOR network is an excellent idea, and I also believe with you, if a budget is prepared for implementation, there will be support in the community.

Recent articles revolving around bitcoin's blockchain have also been discussed, why not put that power to use.  The ability to utilize the power (POS) and the blockchain itself provides synergy where we (and almost every coin) has wastes.

Thanks Surfguy,

I wanted to add 1 more important enhancement to Whitecoin that I think warrants further technical review:

- Decrease confirmation times, aiming for sub 30 seconds which will enable Whitecoin to become much more suitable for fast transactions to support future mobile commerce (yes we would also want a mobile wallet but that putting the horse before the buggy so I think).

+3  Grin

1. Privacy = YES
2. Smart Network = YES
3. Decreased Conf Time = YES

I keep mining, taking, staking and buying, WC has my full support!  This is going in a fantastic direction  Cool

Just another bump Tongue

So much great news are mentioned here Wink

Mindfox already said if the community wanted ANON function that after he finished it on another coin (tried/tested/mistakes made with them not us) that he would implement it in WC - ONLY IF - the community actually wanted it at that point.  That means that WC could have ANON if we decided to when its ready.

In the meanwhile, nobody interested in the above ideas? (Privacy, Smart Network, Decreased Conf Time)
- Ive only seen a couple people say that decreased conf times +1

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
Pages: « 1 ... 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 [598] 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: