Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:35:53 AM

Yeah this is one of my larger technical disagreements with Maidsafe, and why I choose heavy use of the blockchain in Storj. Using Factom's methods we can do near realtime auditing on a blockchain, not limited by the 7 transactions per second.   

From what I understand this is a form of loose consensus most similar to Ripple or Stellar. From experience we know that these systems can fork. Now the problem that I see here is that this is highly mutable data. If Bitcoin was to have a fork right now, it would be annoying, but you wouldn't lose any coins. On the other hand forks in a highly mutable environment might cause data loss or files to be dropped which is very bad.

And if there is no higher ledger then how do you know the actions are honest?

Yes thank you! Exactly there has to be a ledger of some kind. They are probably just denying it. Or else this whole thing is a pipedream...

And I do have invested many BTC in Maidsafe, BUT as of right now seems only like a pipedream for me and I hope I am wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:17:29 AM

By now, you may already have an understanding of how safecoin works without a blockchain. Instead of everyone having a copy of every transaction like in Bitcoin, every address will be handled by a group of 32 transaction managers. The only difference with transaction managers is that there is an additional layer of security: there is a 7-group chain; the first group of transaction managers must get permission from another group of 32 nodes, and so on. This means that, to get a balance of an address or send money, a limited amount of nodes needs to be involved for each step of the process. This methodology is extremely scalable, as scalable as the network itself. While bitcoin is currently limited to 7 transactions per second, safecoin is only limited by the number of nodes in the network, and can easily scale to the thousands, and eventually, hundreds of thousands per second.

Well thanks a lot for sharing that, BUT AGAIN when there is no public ledger(blockchain) HOW IN THE SEVEN HELLS does the network know of any facts? What is balance on some account? What is the rank of this and that node..? Where is this file.. Where is that file? LIKE WTF how will it be secure when there is no ledger to confirm anything??

OMG I am getting such a headache this has to be some CRAZY SHIT... I am so DUMP cannot get this... Cannot.

HELP!!  Huh

There is a consensus as such , not really a ledger

there is no public ledger

Blockchain is 1 way to have a ledger , there are thousands of different ways to have a ledger, having a blockchain is just 1 way to do so

You can have a ledger that isn't public and doesn't use a blockchain as a basis

All problems have multiple solutions and different ways of fixing things, this is one of those that is different to blockchain tech

This may help

https://www.maidsafe.org/t/no-ledger/2398

this video is in the post but is "open transactions" which also aims at a similar thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNzIFu5L70#t=13 no ledger
triggermage

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:21:29 AM

Can anyone confirm MAID blockchain is moving? The bex is stuck on block 00000000000000001779b320a7cece695022edb4b42282f722e55c0106a9bf79 since several hours ago https://masterchest.info/transactions.aspx

Is there another block explorer so I can compare data? I have transactions not reaching the destination Sad
Westphalian

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:59:31 AM

Can anyone confirm MAID blockchain is moving? The bex is stuck on block 00000000000000001779b320a7cece695022edb4b42282f722e55c0106a9bf79 since several hours ago https://masterchest.info/transactions.aspx

Is there another block explorer so I can compare data? I have transactions not reaching the destination Sad

Any bitcoin block explorer should work but to check MaidSafeCoin balances go to https://www.omniwallet.org/
triggermage

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:23:57 PM

Any bitcoin block explorer should work but to check MaidSafeCoin balances go to https://www.omniwallet.org/

It works, but it is really not the same, I need a block explorer to be able to check transactions made to an address, the BTC chain is not helpful either because the data is display in a way that it is not possible to pin point exactly how much was send to where. This is very strange that the block explorer is offline in a moment where the coin price is rising.

Without a working bex there is no way to proof a transaction with X MAID happened and is at Y address or not, this is very unsettling, I hope the developer is aware and working on the bex.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:11:29 AM

Huge Sell Walls on Polo right now...about 150 BTC from 17-20K...

https://www.maidsafe.org/t/someone-is-selling-more-than-15-million-sefecoin/2696

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 08:33:03 AM

It works, but it is really not the same, I need a block explorer to be able to check transactions made to an address, the BTC chain is not helpful either because the data is display in a way that it is not possible to pin point exactly how much was send to where. This is very strange that the block explorer is offline in a moment where the coin price is rising.

Without a working bex there is no way to proof a transaction with X MAID happened and is at Y address or not, this is very unsettling, I hope the developer is aware and working on the bex.

http://omnichest.info/

here you go! Smiley
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:46:01 PM

Hey MaidSafe people... quick question maybe someone here can help me out?

I bought ONE BTC worth of MaidSafeCoin last year in the IPO, connected to a bitcoin address in my main blockchain.info wallet that I set up specifically for this, dedicated only to this SAFE project experiment.

So using omniwallet it still shows there is "MaidSafeCoin (3) 23,800" on that address, same as it's been from the start.

So far so good.

But suppose I wanted to top this up a bit more, say for example buy another 1200 MaidSafeCoin on Poloniex to make my holding an even 25,000.

Once I have 1200 more on my Poloniex account, they're being held by Poloniex "for me"... right?  IN THEIR CONTROL as they're the exchange, i.e. same as MtGox was. Bad idea.

So, what do I need to do to put all the MaidSafeCoin tokens "all together" in anticipation of conversion to actual SafeCoin some day?

Where would the best place be to keep it all SAFE (pun intended) and how exactly do I go about doing that?

Hope it's not a dumb question, and I've looked around a little bit for a guide to this but didn't find anything (maidsafe forum software design is just horrible, wish they'd set up on some standard type forum!)

Thanks in advance for any help!

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:25:56 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 09:36:23 PM by ejinte

Hey MaidSafe people... quick question maybe someone here can help me out?

I bought ONE BTC worth of MaidSafeCoin last year in the IPO, connected to a bitcoin address in my main blockchain.info wallet that I set up specifically for this, dedicated only to this SAFE project experiment.

So using omniwallet it still shows there is "MaidSafeCoin (3) 23,800" on that address, same as it's been from the start.

So far so good.

But suppose I wanted to top this up a bit more, say for example buy another 1200 MaidSafeCoin on Poloniex to make my holding an even 25,000.

Once I have 1200 more on my Poloniex account, they're being held by Poloniex "for me"... right?  IN THEIR CONTROL as they're the exchange, i.e. same as MtGox was. Bad idea.

So, what do I need to do to put all the MaidSafeCoin tokens "all together" in anticipation of conversion to actual SafeCoin some day?

Where would the best place be to keep it all SAFE (pun intended) and how exactly do I go about doing that?

Hope it's not a dumb question, and I've looked around a little bit for a guide to this but didn't find anything (maidsafe forum software design is just horrible, wish they'd set up on some standard type forum!)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey KeyJockey, once you bought the coins on poloniex or masterxchange you can withdraw them to your own bitcoin address. Preferably the same one in which you're already holding coins.

On another note, if only comparing the currencies, Bitcoin and Safecoin, in my opinion Safecoin is better.

Safecoin doesn't waste energy like bitcoin do. Energy is used to store data.
Safecoin transfers are instant.
Safecoin is anonomous, you can't track the coins in the blockchain.
Safecoin doesn't run the risk of a 51% attack.
Safecoin doesn't need a 15GB blockchain to be used.
Bitcoin is more well disturbed (but it wasn't in the beginning)
Bitcoin is already up and running (but they seem to be working hard)

Is safecoin "Bitcoin 2.0"? And if not, why not?

https://www.maidsafe.org/t/bitcoin-vs-safecoin-comparison-chart/1003
https://www.maidsafe.org/t/what-will-safecoin-mean-to-bitcoin/1404/18

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:52:11 AM

Need how much GB?
ejinte

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:00:06 PM

Need how much GB?

Wow it's already 27GB!!! How big will it get in say 100years?? Fucking gigantic.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:55:29 PM

Hey KeyJockey, once you bought the coins on poloniex or masterxchange you can withdraw them to your own bitcoin address. Preferably the same one in which you're already holding coins.

Thanks for reply... okay, so I did that and it seems to have worked: 25000 balance shows on Omni for my MaidSafe now, cool.

However something strange too... I have on that address also 1.0 BTC but now the bitcoin balance is also showing an extra transaction that put 0.00000547 there? What is that for?

It's kinda annoying just because I've tried to keep only "whole bitcoin" transactions and balance on that address, so now that's been goofed up by this weird 547 satoshis dropped there.

Can I send them out of that address to "clean up" that balance again OR do they have to stay there for MaidSafeCoins for some reason?

Have to say, also, this stuff isn't very smooth at the moment, very confusing and I HOPE that once the actual SAFE Network is released that all these user-experience and interface issues will be improved...

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:43:40 PM

Thanks for reply... okay, so I did that and it seems to have worked: 25000 balance shows on Omni for my MaidSafe now, cool.

However something strange too... I have on that address also 1.0 BTC but now the bitcoin balance is also showing an extra transaction that put 0.00000547 there? What is that for?

It's kinda annoying just because I've tried to keep only "whole bitcoin" transactions and balance on that address, so now that's been goofed up by this weird 547 satoshis dropped there.

Can I send them out of that address to "clean up" that balance again OR do they have to stay there for MaidSafeCoins for some reason?

Have to say, also, this stuff isn't very smooth at the moment, very confusing and I HOPE that once the actual SAFE Network is released that all these user-experience and interface issues will be improved...

Currently, Maidsafe coin need to be sent with a small amount of BTC in order to travel between wallets.  The BTC can be spent with no risk to your Maidsafe once they are in your wallet though so you can clean up your balance.

Safecoin will have a dramatically better user experience...right now, it's a Mastercoin asset...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:55:11 PM

What's project status?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:04:07 PM

I have around a BTC worth of Maidsafe in my Omni wallet. I also have like .01 or so BTC to cover the two fees (more than enough.)
I have tried for over a week to transfer those coins out and after filling out the form a popup-window appears, I click send and it just
keeps timing out (just keeps saying "sending"). This can go on for 20 minutes or more. Any ideas here?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ejinte

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:07:26 PM

I have around a BTC worth of Maidsafe in my Omni wallet. I also have like .01 or so BTC to cover the two fees (more than enough.)
I have tried for over a week to transfer those coins out and after filling out the form a popup-window appears, I click send and it just
keeps timing out. Any ideas here?

try using an incognito window in chrome, might help.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:10:56 PM

I never thought of the browser as I was able to click on "send" in the popup-window (I'm using Firefox). I'll try the suggestion. Thx

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ejinte

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:40:35 AM

I never thought of the browser as I was able to click on "send" in the popup-window (I'm using Firefox). I'll try the suggestion. Thx

Oh you shouldn't use firefox. My bad thought you already know that. You should use chrome.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.6%-1% House Edge
frabrunelle

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:36:27 PM

These 3 videos have just been released:

You can find all the videos in this Youtube playlist.

The SAFE Network from First Principles is a series of talks by Erick Lavoie, that aims to introduce all the core ideas and algorithms behind the SAFE Network in a technical yet intuitive and accessible manner. The ideas presented will also allow you to better understand the upcoming wave of decentralized applications and be ready to effectively develop them.
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:30:29 AM

These 3 videos have just been released:

You can find all the videos in this Youtube playlist.

The SAFE Network from First Principles is a series of talks by Erick Lavoie, that aims to introduce all the core ideas and algorithms behind the SAFE Network in a technical yet intuitive and accessible manner. The ideas presented will also allow you to better understand the upcoming wave of decentralized applications and be ready to effectively develop them.

Thanks, was good to have a look at the videos

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: