Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:18:38 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 04:30:40 AM by polanskiman

This is the BlockChian form the foundation wallet. I tried several times to port it to the other client but each time ended with the 412 error.
Have a go and see if it works for you. Just make sure you make a backup of your old files.

https://mega.co.nz/#!aFU2GJjS!ncEOlQ8pesmQnSO0P48C_42VWmnRfl5-bapRpjqX7xE

Did not work for me.

I am now using an old blockchain backup I had (but in fact more recent than the Original.rar file posted in the OP). Even if I back up the blockchain after sync has finalised and I use that one if I close the wallet, I keep getting the assertion error. I have no other choice other than do everything all over again if I close the wallet. Sigh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:45:40 AM

my wallet dont work

assertion failed!

file:src\kernel.cpp,line 412

Expression: pindex->getblockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)

When this happens, the safest way out is to re-index the block chain. Either do a full download again or, (faster) delete blkindex.dat and run diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat
That will take some long time, while rebuilding the index.

We will address this problem ASAP.

I need help please and I am new at this,

I am having this problem also, was using the latest wallet and all was working fine till today, haven't tried minting yet.
I also can't find the conf. file in the diamond file and I have the option ticked to show hidden files and folders.

Trying to understand what to do, am new at so don't make it hard and make it understandable so someone who knows nothing can follow your instructions.

Option 1- Full download, does this mean deleting the whole diamond file but first saving the wallet and replace wallet after download. And I expect download is from the new diamond site. Or can you just download new wallet and it will overwrite everything, then delete and replace wallet with original one.

Option 2 - Delete blkindex.dat and run "diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat".  Deleting the blkindex.dat file is easy but describe how to run "diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat"

Can you also let me know why I can't find the conf. file even with the file view option ticked to show hidden files and folders.

Thanks
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:12:25 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 05:22:36 AM by utahjohn

you have to create diamond.conf
See OP and read thread most answers are to be found ...
for windows the command is:
diamond-qt.exe -loadblock=blk0001.dat
If you are going to start from scratch, delete all except wallet.dat
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:03:46 AM

Best of all, the developers will make Diamond a special statement about the incident and say when you plan to release a new wallet.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:15:29 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 06:30:50 AM by shveicar

I hope everyone knows that the first of July, cryptsy administered verification for their clients. Without  verification, daily amount can not exceed $ 1,000 per day. Many people will not agree to such an exchanger. This is the way a broken exchanges mtgox. Diamond will be needed a new large exchanger.

It is about time! Time to grow up!

On July 1st, Crypsty will become the first US Exchange to trade USD to BTC, in a day-trading manner. 

This is our current options:

Bitstamp: nice guys - but, located offshore, in the UK (isn't UK a paradise island, like the Bahamas?)
MtGox: oops... wrong year....
OKCoins: nice guys - but, 我不会说中国话
BTC-e: nice guys - but, sorry, who are they? Where are they located?  Were they part of Silk-Road?

Cryptsy was the first exchange to accept Alt-coins trading in 2013, despite the "Bitcoin" segregation.  Because of Cryptsy, I will always remind myself that I was able to sit in front of the bus, even if I was holding  ASC/ TGC or DMD coins!

Perhaps you did not notice that cryptsy is in the United States (at any time, the government may prohibit them from trading). Practice shows that where there is a direct exchange for dollars and euros, the problem starts on the control of the government.
First they said that verification is required only for those who are going to trade in the dollar pairs. And now they say they do impose limits for not verified users. In your understanding of a professional approach? Then they will begin to delay payments. This will be the scenario the exchanges mtgox. In my mind, one of the best exchangers Mcxnow.com now it was not a lot of coins, but it is a quality market and they pay dividends for the deposit. Pity that there is no DMD.

Henle

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:22:22 AM

my wallet dont work

assertion failed!

Expression: pindex->getblockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)

When this happens, the safest way out is to re-index the block chain. Either do a full download again or, (faster) delete blkindex.dat and run diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat

I am having this problem also, was using the latest wallet and all was working fine till today, haven't tried minting yet.
I also can't find the conf. file in the diamond file and I have the option ticked to show hidden files and folders.

Trying to understand what to do, am new at so don't make it hard and make it understandable so someone who knows nothing can follow your instructions.

Option 1- Full download, does this mean deleting the whole diamond file but first saving the wallet and replace wallet after download. And I expect download is from the new diamond site. Or can you just download new wallet and it will overwrite everything, then delete and replace wallet with original one.

Option 2 - Delete blkindex.dat and run "diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat".  Deleting the blkindex.dat file is easy but describe how to run "diamondd -loadblock=blk0001.dat"

Can you also let me know why I can't find the conf. file even with the file view option ticked to show hidden files and folders.

Thanks

Assuming you're using Windows...

The .conf file - you have to make it. 
 1. Go into your Roaming\Diamond folder (C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Diamond)
 2. Right click, New Text Document.
 3. Rename it diamond.conf
 4. Right click it, Edit.
 5. Paste in what's posted in the original post (the "op").
 6. Save
 7. Restart the wallet.  Changes to the .conf file don't take place until you restart.

Full download - simple - delete everything in the Roaming\Diamond folder except wallet.dat and diamond.conf and start the wallet.  This will take quite some time.  If you have a fast internet connection, probably around 460 minutes.

Or, a little more complicated - to save a lot of time by downloading almost all of the blockchain, you need either Original.rar or a functional blk0001.dat, which you'd find in previous posts, along with instructions.  You should always check the previous posts first or you will get very curt responses.  Cryptonit posted a blockchain with instructions on page 11/12/13 and popshot just posted one recently, but some people have been unsuccessful with the recent one.  Original.rar can be obtained in post 1218 on page 61.

Basically, you're sticking someone else's blockchain in your Roaming\Diamond folder and then reindexing and syncing with the network.  It probably takes a half an hour or less instead of 8+ hours.  These files all came from the coin's devs, so there won't be any issues with them.

To "import" the downloaded blockchain, you'd start the wallet (just one time) either in a cmd prompt or using a batch file something like:
c:\PathToDiamond-QT.exe\diamond-qt.exe -loadblock=blk0001.dat.
(replace PathToDiamond-QT.exe with wherever you put it.  Mine is in E:\Users\John\Downloads\Diamond v.2.0.2.1\)
(if you have a space in your path, the .bat file is probably going to give you problems.)

Good luck.
paladin281978

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:30:05 AM

Then they will begin to delay payments. This will be the scenario the exchanges mtgox.

to me detained a conclusion of means of ANC for 5 days!
and every time they again and again passed my problem to technical support.

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:37:40 AM

Perhaps you did not notice that cryptsy is in the United States (at any time, the government may prohibit them from trading). First they said that verification is required only for those who are going to trade in the dollar pairs. And now they say they do impose limits for not verified users. In your understanding of a professional approach? Then they will begin to delay payments. This will be the scenario the exchanges mtgox.

I don't think so.  The US government just sold today 30 000 BTC in a public auction...

Second, 40% of the bitcoin nodes are in the USA: https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/ - let's get our facts right...

Third, we have to start coming out of this pseudo-anonymity that can only hurt crypto-currency in the future. 

Let the exchanges know who you are...   Bitstamp requires it, your bank requires it, your partner-in-life requires it....

That is why I am completely against any DRK, VRC, or any alt-coins that wants to hide their identity on the blockchains.  They won't last... like Silk-Road.  An interesting/appealing concept, but, it won't last long....

Maybe you do not notice what is happening in the world. It has become fashionable to take sanctions against citizens of any country, not pleasing to the government.
  Goverment only dream to get control of the crypto currency. If they can control the input and output The funds. They can block access to the accounts for  for foreigners.
P.s
I do not know whether you own Russian language or not, but that's very revealing cartoon about the fact that such a government. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OgTUioO4ZA

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:11:32 AM

Look at it this way:  the USA has just adopted AND legitimized Bitcoin (and Alt-coins) today!

It is the first time any government, in the world, has sold bitcoins... officially.

I don't care what any "Citi Bank" says about it - the buyers will receive an official receipt from the US Marshal Office that they are the proud owner of their new "BTC assets"...

I'll be glad when the exchange and ATMs crypto currency will be worldwide  and you can buy food and goods. directly for crypto currency without exchange for dollars or euros. No government can take away from you your money or impose on them control of the fact that you are a foreigner or not they want to pay taxes.
Sooner or later people will be able to move freely around the world, and the government will play a minor role in their lives. And now there are many like mice in large cages under the supervision of technicians.

digi123

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:57:13 AM

my wallet dont work

assertion failed!

Thanks

Assuming you're using Windows...

The .conf file - you have to make it. 
 1. Go into your Roaming\Diamond folder (C:\Users\YourLoginName\AppData\Roaming\Diamond)
 2. Right click, New Text Document.
 3. Rename it diamond.conf
 4. Right click it, Edit.
 5. Paste in what's posted in the original post (the "op").
 6. Save
 7. Restart the wallet.  Changes to the .conf file don't take place until you restart.

Full download - simple - delete everything in the Roaming\Diamond folder except wallet.dat and diamond.conf and start the wallet.  This will take quite some time.  If you have a fast internet connection, probably around 460 minutes.

Or, a little more complicated - to save a lot of time by downloading almost all of the blockchain, you need either Original.rar or a functional blk0001.dat, which you'd find in previous posts, along with instructions.  You should always check the previous posts first or you will get very curt responses.  Cryptonit posted a blockchain with instructions on page 11/12/13 and popshot just posted one recently, but some people have been unsuccessful with the recent one.  Original.rar can be obtained in post 1218 on page 61.

Basically, you're sticking someone else's blockchain in your Roaming\Diamond folder and then reindexing and syncing with the network.  It probably takes a half an hour or less instead of 8+ hours.  These files all came from the coin's devs, so there won't be any issues with them.

To "import" the downloaded blockchain, you'd start the wallet (just one time) either in a cmd prompt or using a batch file something like:
c:\PathToDiamond-QT.exe\diamond-qt.exe -loadblock=blk0001.dat.
(replace PathToDiamond-QT.exe with wherever you put it.  Mine is in E:\Users\John\Downloads\Diamond v.2.0.2.1\)
(if you have a space in your path, the .bat file is probably going to give you problems.)

Good luck.

Thanks Henle for your help. Also thanks to utahjohn.

I chose to do full download it was easiest for me and don't mind waiting for it to download. However I have also added maxconnections=1 in the conf. file. cryptonit advised this in post 1528 however it has caused the download to slow down so much that I want to take it out as it will take forever to download. Without this it downloads fast. Will it matter to take it out?

Thanks
utahjohn

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:17:26 AM

I synced without it Smiley No Problemo
just be sure to check the checkpoint once you are synced Smiley

From the console:
getcheckpoint
digi123

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:13:08 AM

O.k thanks utahjohn,

With the checkpoint what should I be looking for to know it is correct.
utahjohn

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:17:03 AM

O.k thanks utahjohn,

{
"synccheckpoint" : "000000005babbddb5baad7bb9632738ab901b2f9eb3acfd2f390b2f4a97f1eee",
"height" : 463183,
"timestamp" : "2014-06-26 16:46:41 UTC"
}
Note there may be a newer one ... post what you get and I'm sure many will check it ...
digi123

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:26:17 AM

O.k thanks utahjohn,

{
"synccheckpoint" : "000000005babbddb5baad7bb9632738ab901b2f9eb3acfd2f390b2f4a97f1eee",
"height" : 463183,
"timestamp" : "2014-06-26 16:46:41 UTC"
}
Note there may be a newer one ... post what you get and I'm sure many will check it ...

It's going much faster now with more connections.

I will post the checkpoint when its done, will take awhile still so probably tomorrow.

Thanks
utahjohn

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:23:00 AM

ROFLMAO

https://i.imgur.com/n356CdF.gif
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:30:53 AM

Perhaps you did not notice that cryptsy is in the United States (at any time, the government may prohibit them from trading). First they said that verification is required only for those who are going to trade in the dollar pairs. And now they say they do impose limits for not verified users. In your understanding of a professional approach? Then they will begin to delay payments. This will be the scenario the exchanges mtgox.

I don't think so.  The US government just sold today 30 000 BTC in a public auction...

Second, 40% of the bitcoin nodes are in the USA: https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/ - let's get our facts right...

Third, we have to start coming out of this pseudo-anonymity that can only hurt crypto-currency in the future.  

Let the exchanges know who you are...   Bitstamp requires it, your bank requires it, your partner-in-life requires it....

That is why I am completely against any DRK, VRC, or any alt-coins that wants to hide their identity on the blockchains.  They won't last... like Silk-Road.  An interesting/appealing concept, but, it won't last long....

thx giga

that are exact the points why diamond avoid any features that could lead to troubles once cryptocoins are legalized and regulated by government laws

its also the point why we stay on bitcoin based code and not play around with alternative blockchains

we think longterm and wana place us in a position to be a legal wealth storage option for investors outside the small crypto community

yes diamond have a hard birth multiple times in a row we run into troubles

but we allways continue we fix it and improve

and for the timeframe we plan ahead diamond is still in its early steps a fresh born coin

even if most other coins would call us a methusalem who have soon its first birthday

btw any ideas for a 1 year diamond event?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:39:44 AM

Smiley

Just like polanskiman, porting blockchain doesn't really work, I tried various combinations but each time failed to make a difference. I'm afraid that anything other then a wallet fix won't cut it.

Having wallet either permanently opened or permanently closed seems to be the only way of not risking getting the error.

I agree with GiGa, that there is no point in hiding transactions such as in DRK. Popularity of Bitcoin for a wider market really took off after Silk Road bust when it stopped being associated with illegal trade.

Can some other person confirm that Cryptsy withdrawals work.. has anyone managed to deposit Diamonds there?

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:41:51 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 10:58:44 AM by shveicar

Quote from: cryptonit
btw any ideas for a 1 year diamond event?
The best gift of all is: normal wallet + advertising company capitalization growth Diamond  Smiley
And on the main page http://bit.diamonds, you can place some sort of demo video clip, it helped to draw attention  new people.

Quote from: popshot
I agree with GiGa, that there is no point in hiding transactions such as in DRK.
This is not about hidden fees. The conversation was about the safety of their own savings, which will attempt to control the government.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:41:56 AM

However I have also added maxconnections=1 in the conf. file. cryptonit advised this in post 1528 however it has caused the download to slow down so much that I want to take it out as it will take forever to download. Without this it downloads fast. Will it matter to take it out?

Thanks

hi digi123

i only suggest it if u have a near finished blockchain

i did run into 412 error too today  Angry

i just copied my backup diamond folder and resynced with following conf into right blockchain

rpcuser=diamondrpcuser
rpcpassword=diamondpass
logtimestamps=1
#genproclimit=10
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
#noirc=1
rpcport=17772
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
addnode=193.68.21.19
maxconnections=50

# to disable PoS
#reservebalance=9999999

# our "test" net

# for more logging
debug=1
#printcoinage=1
#printcreation=1
#printpriority=1
#printstakemodifier=1
#printcoinstake=1
#printfee=1
#printjunk=1

most important delete peers.dat before u start wallet or u risc sync into wrong chain

regarding 412 error once u restart wallet its top priority again sorry for the inconvenience this somehow slipped through betatest big creates
(i still dont undertstand how this wasnt be dedected in beta and will try improve test sets and quality checks in future)

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

can confirm withdraw diamonds from cryptsy is working

just used the unfortunate wallet crash low crytsy DMD price to buy few more cheap diamonds

everything bad have a good side too if used the right way

and everyone can see clear that pos is working great at least i can confirm it

this temporary wallet crash blpckchain issue when u close it will be fixed asap

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: