Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260221 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:22:13 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 03:38:37 AM by jepistons

Hello all - I have a basic staking/minting question.  When the POS kicks in do I manually have to do anything to stake/mint or does it happen automatically?  And then once it does stake/mint do I need to do something to make it happen again or is it also automatic every 30 days or so?  Is there any good reading material on how this whole thing works or can someone explain it please?

Thank you in advance.   Smiley
make sure u wallet is unlock and pos is 7 days now 50 % beginning with total coins 450000 a 50% POS will be simultaneous active with the 1 DMD POW reward each block

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jepistons

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:03:05 AM

I expect dmd to rise once pos kicks in
danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:40:36 AM

Any way to run miners over stratum on danbis pool with that modified groestlcoin.cl file?

if ya have a miner with -diamond option u also have a diamond.cl

make a copy of modded groestlcoin.cl  rename it to diamond.cl and overwrite the original diamond.cl

in that area there is no difference between the two implementations of the groestl algo

the difference is just the transaction hashing not the POW hashing

such a miner should work with improved performance if used together with the 14.6 amd driver

You also need to delete the old .bin file so a new one is generated. If you don't delete the .bin file, the miner will just use it (cached) and ignore you changed the source (the .cl file). It would recompile it only if you change mining parameters.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:48:45 AM

pallas,

Nice work on porting Diamond to ARM. There are few things I would do differently, but it is basically ok. You are correct, qualifying random with boost is one thing done in the past, which I forgot to include in the latest code -- it is compiler specific -- some compilers bomb on it, other don't. There are also few other such places.

I don't believe you save any RAM by stripping the binary -- you only save disk space. Modern UNIX OS is page loading the code segments only, the symbols are in fact there to aid debugging only. But the ARM runtime might be different.

About the need to re-download block chain, could you send me the complete error so that we investigate why it is happening. You should also verify that your wallet is functioning properly by downloading the complete block chain from scratch. This is the ultimate test.

Can you prepare two text documents for inclusion in the Diamond code? Such as how to build on ARM and how to build on QNAP. Add your copyright there, and make sure it's compatible with the general Diamond copyright.

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:11:43 AM

Hello all - I have a basic staking/minting question.  When the POS kicks in do I manually have to do anything to stake/mint or does it happen automatically?  And then once it does stake/mint do I need to do something to make it happen again or is it also automatic every 30 days or so?  Is there any good reading material on how this whole thing works or can someone explain it please?

make sure u wallet is unlock and pos is 7 days now 50 % beginning with total coins 450000 a 50% POS will be simultaneous active with the 1 DMD POW reward each block

Hello. I have a couple of (stupid?) questions. If PoS will be active simultaneously with PoW, do I have to run my wallet on a computer that already runs a miner? Or can I use any computer for minting?

I also see that on the OP it says "PoS block solving target time ~ 600 seconds" and "PoW block solving target time ~ 60 seconds". How can PoS then be active simultaneously with each PoW reward block? Or is it just a printing error?

Hope that someone can explain this, thanks.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 10:59:20 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 01:24:50 PM by cryptonit

Hello. I have a couple of (stupid?) questions. If PoS will be active simultaneously with PoW, do I have to run my wallet on a computer that already runs a miner? Or can I use any computer for minting?

I also see that on the OP it says "PoS block solving target time ~ 600 seconds" and "PoW block solving target time ~ 60 seconds". How can PoS then be active simultaneously with each PoW reward block? Or is it just a printing error?

POS is independent from mining
all that u need to earn POS rewards is coins that are old enough and a unlocked fully synced wallet to be able compete for the next POS block

with the wording simultanous active POW and POS we mean that like lot other coins we not set up in a way that POS only kicks in after POW stage ends

and with the 600 sec POS block time (should be better called block spacing) we archive that not many orphan blocks are created

and POW mining not interupted by chain-atempts to create POS rewards

for POS its not important to create regularly a block because our network is allways additional driven by endless POW

and once POS blocks are created they protect network for a long time (mature time 200 min)

i think our whole concept did take all experinces coins gathered since POS was imnvented and create the perfect Hybrid POW/POS setup

that why we called it Diamond Evolution

beside the unique total coins triggers (which i see at no other coin)
we mainly used existing technology but combined it in a perfect interacting way together
with main focus on wealth storage and growth
this way we not creating a generation 2 or generation 3 coin
but the top of generation 1 evolution

to be a generation 1 based coin is no shame
the most valueable coins are

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:44:20 PM

POS is independent from mining
all that u need to earn POS rewards is coins that are old enough and a unlocked fully synced wallet to be able compete for the next POS block

with the wording simultanous active POW and POS we mean that like lot other coins we not set up in a way that POS only kicks in after POW stage ends

and with the 600 sec POS block time (should be better called block spacing) we archive that not many orphan blocks are created

and POW mining not interupted by chain-atempts to create POS rewards

for POS its not important to create regularly a block because our network is allways additional driven by endless POW

and once POS blocks are created they protect network for a long time (mature time 200 min)

i think our whole concept did take all experinces coins gathered since POS was imnvented and create the perfect Hybrid POW/POS setup

that why we called it Diamond Evolution

beside the unique total coins triggers (which i see at no other coin)
we mainly used existing technology but combined it in a perfect interacting way together
with main focus on wealth storage and growth
this way we not creating a generation 2 or generation 3 coin
but the top of generation 1 evolution

to be a generation 1 based coin is no shame
the most valueable coins are

Thank you for explaining this to me. Now I understand how this works (well, better at least Wink )

paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

when there will be POS a Diamond will rise in price or will fall in price? and why?

NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:05:52 PM

when there will be POS a Diamond will rise in price or will fall in price? and why?

The combination of POS and POW without reduced rewards will lead to more DMD in circulation (bad for price), the start of POS will make DMD more attractive (good for price). Not sure which of the two will influence price more though...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:21:45 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 09:32:02 PM by cryptonit

The combination of POS and POW without reduced rewards will lead to more DMD in circulation (bad for price), the start of POS will make DMD more attractive (good for price). Not sure which of the two will influence price more though...

i expect a price drop first week because all old gathered up coin-age will be paid out
so i expect total coins will within a week jump from 450000 to ~600000

some might be silly and try to dump the POS earned coins

once this sell rush is over i expect a big rise of price

if i did wrong estimate and most coin holders stay holding their POS rewards too
(can happen because people who mint are not instaselling minners but investors who hold this kind of people wont sell fast at low price...)

which i strongly suggest to them because ur new generated coins will add to ur next 50% POS rewards
and holding most coins at least until POS reduced towards 25% (at 1500000 total coins) is in my eyes the plan to go

until then lot new stuff will be done for diamond and lot people will stay holding
because diamond did reach a spot between the big coins with longterm upwards trend
and beeing one of the crypto success stories people will talk about in 10 20 and 30 years

--------------

if u ask me why im pessimistic about how price shorttime develops
its maybe because i wana increase my share a bit and buy more cheap diamonds  Cool
please sell drop the price as much as u can

(no premine coin so we from foundation have to take care on our own to get hands on some diamonds. the foundation share isnt given to us but used for the coin development and promotion)

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:28:18 PM

i think http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/ is victim of a DDoS attack

at least all signs looks like

very slow webfrontend

and insane slow block solving times

if ya have miners there switch solo mining or other pool until problem is solved

pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:22:56 AM

A question about the pos..

I had lots of DMD in my wallet for months, a month ago I transferred them to cryptsy and then moved them back to my wallet.

Will I be able to get pos coins for the time BEFORE the transfer?
Coinish

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:46:22 AM

I had lots of DMD in my wallet for months, a month ago I transferred them to cryptsy and then moved them back to my wallet.

In short, no.

When coins are transferred from one address to another, the coinage for those coins resets.  Any accumulated coinage is lost.

Your coins started accumulating coinage when your transfer from Cryptsy to your wallet was confirmed.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

the short answer:

any transaction set coin-age of the involved coin pile to to zero

-------------------------------

the long and confusing answer:

u have to think of your wallet as a tresor with a lot of little pile of coins inside

when u receive a transaction than a new little pile is put into ur tresor

this little pile have a coin-age of zero

when u send away coins than ur tresor take the youngest pile and remove the amount of coins u want to send

BUT the coin-age is set to zero for all coins in that little pile

thats the reason why people developed coin control so u can select from which little pilet u want to use the coins

the basic logic isnt optimal by automatic selecting the youngest pile because this could also be a pile with 10000 coins and age 7 days

but thats still lot more coin-age than a pile with 10 dmd age 30 days

ok basical i overanswered ur question sorry Wink

our POS code try to counter the risc of losing coin-age by split big coin pile into smaller part when u successfull mint between 7-30 days coin-age

if u mint above 30 days coinage pile is not split but instead if u have multiple small pile they group together (up to 100 DMD) and increase the chance to recieve a POS reward

in one of the next wallet releases we will also add coin control maybe even in a advanced version (what other coins have now as coin control is very basic and required the user to choose the pile he wana use)

pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

Thank you for your answers Smiley
jepistons

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

Grs, Diamondcoin, and  Atheistcoin should merge mine they are the only 3 coins that use this algo everyone else is x11 or x13
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:47:17 AM

Grs, Diamondcoin, and  Atheistcoin should merge mine they are the only 3 coins that use this algo everyone else is x11 or x13

i dont see atheistcoin with its very agressiv naming as a cooperationparner

same as a muslimcoin or jesuscoin

if someone wana have a coin and transport the message of logic and sience than why dont call it siencecoin or logicoin...
atheistcoin just by his name isnt worth to consider for anything

we wont work together with jokecoin or coins with a bad reputation

regarding groestlcoin and merge mining the talks ended without a successful outcome

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:22:56 AM

Good morning.  Does anyone know what is going on with Danbi's pool?  I have been mining there for weeks with no issue.  However I came home last night to disconnect errors.  Now all I get is "json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds, HTTP request failed: Failed connect to dmdpool.digsys.bg:3345; No error"  Am I missing something all of a sudden?

utahjohn

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:43:02 AM

Is any effort being made to get DMD traded on https://poloniex.com
srcxxx

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:01:39 AM

Hi all!

I made a fork of SPH-Sgminer for Groestl algorithm. See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849

If you have AMD GPU, please try it. I'm getting 16.2 MH/s on R9 290 and 7.56 MH/s on R9 270X.

In a few days I'll post 17.0 MH/s R9 290 kernel (I'll post update in this forum).

I'm planning to work on improving this miner in the future.

You don't need to specify difficulty multiplier anymore.

Diamondcoin is natively supported, you need to specify "--normal-hashing" parameter. See example.conf in ZIP.
So now you can have Groestlcoin, Atheistcoin and Diamondcoin all in the same pool list.

If you have any problems with this miner - please post directly into that forum.

PS: If you are on NVidia, you might want to check out ccMiner 1.1 (it just got got substantional speed increase for Groestl mining)

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: