Dear Diamond Community,
A joyous moment has finally arrived. We are delighted and proud to announce new Diamond client with all the fixes we've been working hard to implement. For the first time in Diamond's existence a properly working Proof of Stake functionality is finally here. It marks the new era for this coin, a sort of turning point that we wanted to achieve from the very beginning.
We are making a statement with this release, Diamond and Diamond Team are here to stay to achieve great things. As you will see from the change log and the performance that you are going to experience, we focused on the foundations to make them solid and long lasting.
We have achieved so much already, saving Diamond from impeding ASIC doom to restoring its core. We are going to build on this stable code, further improving its performance and successively adding new functionality. Right now with all these changes Diamond is no longer just another copy-coin; we at Diamond are striving to be be actual innovators in the crypto world and rest assured we're not going to give up until we achieve our goals.
The latest client is 100% compatible with the current network, it's been running on several machines already for some time and the biggest Diamond mining pool is running on the new code as well.
The change will be most noticeable on the 26th June when we reach total coins 450000 and the PoS will kick in allowing all those patient Diamond users to finally multiply their investment by minting. See Cryptonit's previous post to understand what that means - Diamond is entering a gold rush phase, with great incentives for early adopters. (Yes, it is still early with only just above 10% of all Diamonds mined).
This release is also freeing up our human resources, so we can concentrate more on promotion and non code developmental aspects of Diamond. However code development is an ongoing process which we're not going to stop even for a moment.
We are launching the new website, which is now under our full control, so no more unpleasant situations with lack of access or updates. It's still being developed but we did not want such detail to slow down the release. The website is likely to change many times over but for now it provides a basic download facility we were after.http://bit.diamonds
Latest links to the wallets can be found in the first post or the download section of the website.
Enjoy and please remember...
Diamond is a quality coin.
The change log Diamond v.126.96.36.199 :
1. Implemented interval pacing in GetNextTargetRequired.
2. Implemented larger number of locks for the database, to prevent chain forks (http://bitcoin.org/may15
3. Fixed arithmetic overflow in several places. Now uses int64 everywhere, instead of int.
4. Updated both CLIENT_VERSION and DISPLAY_VERSION to 2.0.2
5. Removed lots of unused variables in code.
6. Removed unused code to generate PoW using scrypt.
7. Restored/fixed integrated PoW miner hashrate calculation and prints.
8. Fixed numerous double calculation of scrypt/groestl hashes.
9. Fixed invoking GetKernelStakeModifier with both hash types , as this results in numerous errors some of which fatal.
10. Changed the block GetHash() function to be smart and accept parameter whether the block already exists.
11. Changed many of the calls to GetHash() to properly use the hash functions for existing blocks.
12. In CTransaction::CheckTransaction() removed a condition that would permit transactions to exist with amounts less than the transaction fee. Change will be applied at the "PoS fixing" time.
13. Fixed GetProofOfWorkReward() post-fork to do if's properly ordered in order to conform to the coin spec.
14. Fixed GetProofOfStakeReward() post-fork to do if's properly ordered in order to conform to the coin spec.
15. Renamed references in the constants and the functions related to the foundation contribution of 0.05 DMD per block.
16. Modified CBlock::CheckBlock() to pass an totalCoin parameter.
17. Fixed the tx comments code, damaged/removed during the last fork.
18. Implemented a fix to getbalance and getbalance '*' to match.
19. Changed nCombineTreshold to 100 DMD from 1/3 PoW reward. This is the amount to which small amounts with large coin age will be combined into single bigger amount.
20. Fixed tooltips in UI to not use white letters on white background.
21. Updated build environments to use openssl1.0.1h, to address new found bugs: https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt
22. Removed wallet version number from the splash screen and overview page picture. Now version number is displayed in the windows title.
23. Fixed the "white tool tip" issue. It turned out to be an bug in Qt, when using styling.
24. LoadBlockIndex() was calling various functions that check money supply, but did not assign the global variable totalCoin, resulting in erratic behaviour when loading the blockchain (error blocks etc).