Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:56:47 AM

The developers should make a presentation of themselves perhaps with some pics. People tend to trust more things/people if they can see them. Just a thought.

hi polanskiman

i agree we should
and we will
but right now we really busy get this coin going in a way as we planed it

and we really thankful for any support from community to community
to save our resources for dev and management tasks

once we out of major pre post and between release stress we will try doing all the stuff thats now on hold

guides
website update
foundation webpage
promotion campaign
broader exchange acceptance
and and and.........

im sure we wont be victims of boreout sysdrom soon  Cool

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:03:24 AM

Saying that Cryptsy issue is in their hands does not cut it. Sorry, nothing personal here, hopefully just good constructive feedback that is helpful, but if you were working for a multinational, you'd have been sacked by now. It's Friday already, and you've given no more information all week than, we're waiting on Cryptsy!

When I have an issue with someone, be it technical, billing, shipping, whatever, I've got an open ticket, an invoice number, whatever, and contact info. I've got up-to-date status reports on the issue. I've got names and numbers (and e-mails) of the people I'm talking to.

thats the way we tryed it..............

still u see where we are regarding cryptsy
a new unknown exchange managed to add dmd in one day

we offer every help to cryptsy regarding required files blockexplorer and so on
but we cant implement it into exchange

we have multiple support tickets running in escalation state towards the cryptsy second level support since over 7 days

i was working a few years myself in a second level support job i know how to act to get support

we did act right we just didnt get it until yet.....

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
WalletIsfull

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:06:47 AM

how do you plan to pos this coin>>Huh
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:19:47 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 11:38:34 AM by HR

Saying that Cryptsy issue is in their hands does not cut it. Sorry, nothing personal here, hopefully just good constructive feedback that is helpful, but if you were working for a multinational, you'd have been sacked by now. It's Friday already, and you've given no more information all week than, we're waiting on Cryptsy!

When I have an issue with someone, be it technical, billing, shipping, whatever, I've got an open ticket, an invoice number, whatever, and contact info. I've got up-to-date status reports on the issue. I've got names and numbers (and e-mails) of the people I'm talking to.

thats the way we tryed it..............

still u see where we are regarding cryptsy
a new unknown exchange managed to add dmd in one day

we offer every help to cryptsy regarding required files blockexplorer and so on
but we cant implement it into exchange

we have multiple support tickets running in escalation state towards the cryptsy second level support since over 7 days

i was working a few years myself in a second level support job i know how to act to get support

we did act right we just didnt get it until yet.....

Now you tell us.  Wink

That's a joke to illustrate my point. You need to be doing everything in your power to get things done, and if you are doing that, you need to communicate what you're doing, and that starts with clear information about the issue(s) to begin with, and that's not just with us, but with the entire world: setting the record straight as it were and creating clear and positive expectations for the future.

gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:28:15 AM

watch it.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

Unfortunately, this situation with Criptsy is damaging DMD in some way (trust). Thing is, we are now in a catch22 situation with Cryptsy -- they have apparently put DMD at low priority, because just like everyone else they do have lots of (other) things to do AND their attempt with DMD didn't work the first time AND they hear DMD is having "some" problems AND the trade volume is low (which means no profit for them) etc..

Everyone knows setting up an wallet is trivial. So blaming Criptsy on that front just makes them even more defensive. The current DMD wallet more or less works stable -- if there are fixes to make it even more stable, those should be released ASAP, especially to Criptsy (and why not everyone else). I mean, just the database corruption fixes. Nobody likes to spend unnecesary time fixing things on the computer, especially those with public support like Criptsy (and pool operators). Computers, after all exist to serve us, not for us to serve them!

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

Do you have now a working pool ?
Or is it still the "secret private" ones...
if it is still the case, it isn't criptsy damaging DMD and actually criptsy problem is quite a good thing

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:42:16 AM

Do you have now a working pool ?
Or is it still the "secret private" ones...
if it is still the case, it isn't criptsy damaging DMD and actually criptsy problem is quite a good thing

My research suggests that there ARE NO secret pools, but that is still very tentative and I could be wrong. Also, the likelihood of such is very low, as we would have heard about it. In any event, even if they did exist, they certainly aren't having any negative effect on solo mining . . . in so far as my limited research indicates anyway.

danbi

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:48:12 AM

The Criptsy problem is damaging DMD reputation, because all those people who brought DMD as investment simply cannot transfer it safely to their wallets. As you may know, Criptshy does not guaranatee anything there will exist in case of whatever problems. This is also part of their reluctancy to experiment much -- losing someone's DMDs will bring them damage (in bad name). The "good" part is PoS is not working in DMD yet, so those investors "have nothing to lose" --- if this could be good thing.

I cannot speak about others, but dmdpool.digsys.bg is still not working properly. I steal time from other tasks to hack the code and test it with my own limited hashpower.
If there was more support from the coin dev and especially from stratum software authors -- this could have already happened.
The wallet, stratum servers, payment frontends etc are all written in different languages, with many, many special cases to accomodate different coins and I am mostly trying to learn why and how some things are done that way (and most are buggy more than I would personally tolerate for my own software).
I can imagine most other pool operators are in the same situation.

morrisonsa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:18:43 PM

Danbi,

There is nothing for the stratum coders to assist with.  This is purely a Dev issue at this point.  Groestl stratums work period.  Diamonds implementation does not.

If you can take ANY other groestl coin (what..all three of them?) and have it work in a heart beat, which they do, its not the stratum, its the coin.

I've supported diamond and solo mined a fair amount of them, but starting to lose patience myself.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:26:32 PM

The "good" part is PoS is not working in DMD yet, so those investors "have nothing to lose" --- if this could be good thing.

u always lose gathering coinage which u only able gather in your own wallet.

POS have nothing to do with gather coinage

but with trade in coinage for POS rewards (= called minting)

danbi

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

Danbi,

If you can take ANY other groestl coin (what..all three of them?) and have it work in a heart beat, which they do, its not the stratum, its the coin.

True, you can make other groestl based coins work, but this is only part of the game. There is other hashing involved besides groestl in DMD and the other coins.

Still hacking, but so far, we have two choices:

1. make DMD hash like the other groestl coins and fork (!) again.

2. Modify both stratum AND the miner and avoid the fork. I am currently working in this direction.

casacup

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

could someone summarize the problem please?

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

Danbi,

There is nothing for the stratum coders to assist with.  This is purely a Dev issue at this point.  Groestl stratums work period.  Diamonds implementation does not.

I've supported diamond and solo mined a fair amount of them, but starting to lose patience myself.
i've also run into a possible dead end too. everything points to DMD being an issue.

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
morrisonsa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:57:38 PM

Danbi,

True, you can make other groestl based coins work, but this is only part of the game. There is other hashing involved besides groestl in DMD and the other coins.

2. Modify both stratum AND the miner and avoid the fork. I am currently working in this direction.

To be honest it feels like they should just fork and make a cleaner start at groestl.  Avoid the issues with old blockchain, new blockchain etc that we've already experienced.  

Getting the stratums hacked together does not seem like it will create anymore trust in the dev's.  

Also saying that the POS doesn't work yet is a plus, is so far from the truth.  People are tired of POS coins being launched w/o working POS code.  To the point where it's severely damaging, especially to any "investor".
ninja registrator

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:00:32 PM

Danbi,

in my thoughts? if the stratum is already working for other coins? even if its only 3 with this algo..... why would someone insist on changing and trying to fix something that isn't broke?
afraid of the fork? but the fork would solve the problem! also if your changing the code to change stratum and other then who says that this wont happen again ? instead of using tried and true ?
just my thoughts on breaking something that is working or not?
sure I understand the challenge of making it work and wanting to prove that your good coders but make this work like the other groestl and if we all have problems then its solved with more then just a single coin right?
Jha MemoKLK

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:06:53 PM

anyone else have a very good feeling about this coin?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:08:46 PM

may-be after the next fork... right now the force isn't with it

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
danbi

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:13:07 PM

Danbi,

in my thoughts? if the stratum is already working for other coins? even if its only 3 with this algo..... why would someone insist on changing and trying to fix something that isn't broke?
afraid of the fork? but the fork would solve the problem! also if your changing the code to change stratum and other then who says that this wont happen again ? instead of using tried and true ?
just my thoughts on breaking something that is working or not?
sure I understand the challenge of making it work and wanting to prove that your good coders but make this work like the other groestl and if we all have problems then its solved with more then just a single coin right?

The ralationship between wallet (getblocktemplate) - stratum - miner and wallet (getwork) - miner is very, very different.
In the later case, it is the wallet that controls block construction/verification etc. In the first case, it's all three parties.
In the case of the other coins, it "just works", because the neccesary work to support it has already been done. We will do it for DMD as well, don't worry.

The choice to fork again is no an easy one, at least not in this moment. Sure, the fact that DMD's implementation is not exactly like GRS's has been overlooked, but this is done thing, in the past. We need to look in the future, where we have precisely the above choices.

I for myself don't care much about any recognition, but am not feeling easy to have operated a pool and it suddenly stops because a bunch of people insist they don't share any knowledge. This cryptocoin stuff exists on the basis of community trust, which only exists when everything is open source.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 01:14:43 PM

may-be after the next fork... right now the force isn't with it

we hard trying to gather the force

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: