Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:38:24 PM

I think if you're young aged between 20-25 years. you can collect more than 500 BTC or maybe 1000 BTC You can collect it within a period of 20 years. then you can retire young and live comfortably at the age of 40 years

If you have right now $300-600,000 of cash available to throw at Bitcoin then I think it's a given that you've already got your retirement sewn up.
what? 300 dollars for the retirement? i doubt that it is the sum of money that would be enough

i think you would need something like 200 bitcoins because the price of the bitcoin is definitely going to grow

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:03:51 AM

I think if you're young aged between 20-25 years. you can collect more than 500 BTC or maybe 1000 BTC You can collect it within a period of 20 years. then you can retire young and live comfortably at the age of 40 years

If you have right now $300-600,000 of cash available to throw at Bitcoin then I think it's a given that you've already got your retirement sewn up.
I think your point is average of your given amount that is also ok you have that amount on your retirement and put it into bitcoin that also gaining income if you hold in short term.

I would like to hold the bitcoin for the long term, maybe 10 to 30 years. I am still young, I have plenty of time.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:36:32 PM

I think your point is average of your given amount that is also ok you have that amount on your retirement and put it into bitcoin that also gaining income if you hold in short term.

I would like to hold the bitcoin for the long term, maybe 10 to 30 years. I am still young, I have plenty of time.
Yes, we have more time and as long as bitcoins are available at a low price we have to grab this opportunity to save and stock some bitcoins before it reach its peak. But more the time are ready to wait, lesser the amount of bitcoins required to retire with.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:18:05 PM

Yes, we have more time and as long as bitcoins are available at a low price we have to grab this opportunity to save and stock some bitcoins before it reach its peak. But more the time are ready to wait, lesser the amount of bitcoins required to retire with.

Definitely you just have to have plenty man you should have to have around $300000 to retire comforterably at like the age of 60 sooooo you should probably have alot more if you want to retire earlier.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:23:06 PM

what? 300 dollars for the retirement? i doubt that it is the sum of money that would be enough

i think you would need something like 200 bitcoins because the price of the bitcoin is definitely going to grow

Hyphens, young man. It's 300,000 - 600,000. And if you have that money free to spend on Bitcoin then you're going to have an awful lot more squirreled away in safer options.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:24:31 PM

There is no set amount that you can set you to retire all you can hope is that you can get 1 btc and it shoots up to like $150,000 per btc haha but that's jsut a dream so keep your hopes up and earn btc from running investments.

You would probably need a good 500-1000 btc to retire in 20 years depending on how old you are now.
yeah probably depends on your age as well now for the amount that can you get. I think if you're young aged between 20-25 years. you can collect more than 500 BTC or maybe 1000 BTC You can collect it within a period of 20 years. then you can retire young and live comfortably at the age of 40 years

Probably, sounds like a really good idea but it definitely is hard as hell to gather up 500-1000 btc because the price fluctuation with it being such big highs and lows lately i dont really know if i could rely on that as my retirement fund.

it does look difficult, but it all depends on each person. if they are experts in trade and have a substantial capital, I believe in 20 years they could at least get 500 bitcoin. because usually within 1 month expert traders at least can get 1-10 btc

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 11:35:34 PM

There is no set amount that you can set you to retire all you can hope is that you can get 1 btc and it shoots up to like $150,000 per btc haha but that's jsut a dream so keep your hopes up and earn btc from running investments.

You would probably need a good 500-1000 btc to retire in 20 years depending on how old you are now.
yeah probably depends on your age as well now for the amount that can you get. I think if you're young aged between 20-25 years. you can collect more than 500 BTC or maybe 1000 BTC You can collect it within a period of 20 years. then you can retire young and live comfortably at the age of 40 years

Probably, sounds like a really good idea but it definitely is hard as hell to gather up 500-1000 btc because the price fluctuation with it being such big highs and lows lately i dont really know if i could rely on that as my retirement fund.

it does look difficult, but it all depends on each person. if they are experts in trade and have a substantial capital, I believe in 20 years they could at least get 500 bitcoin. because usually within 1 month expert traders at least can get 1-10 btc

Yup and if you hold 500 btc in your wallet it can take best care of you in future, even if price doesn't reaches to the moon you can expect good an luxury life with that amount of coins.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 07:38:05 AM

Yup and if you hold 500 btc in your wallet it can take best care of you in future, even if price doesn't reaches to the moon you can expect good an luxury life with that amount of coins.

yes 500 BTC decent enough for the next 20 years. we actually have to think about what if in the future lower prices, so we have a lot of bitcoin and have no regrets when in the future. because it may later be difficult to get bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 07:56:09 AM

Bitcoin is not a USD or gold that you keep for 20 years and you sure it will have good value. The price moves down up and  down so much that it is very difficult to perdict what will happen after 20 years.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 07:58:40 AM

yes 500 BTC decent enough for the next 20 years. we actually have to think about what if in the future lower prices, so we have a lot of bitcoin and have no regrets when in the future. because it may later be difficult to get bitcoin.

To be honest I feel that earning bitcoin in future will be much difficult in compare of present, as price will rise in future and you need to put extra efforts to earn bitcoins.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:04:05 AM

You can hold your bitcoin for a long term and you can trade that after 20 years, no one knows how much the value of bitcoins in the future. So, just start saving hundreds from now on because we never know how much value of that in the future.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:26:12 PM

To be honest I feel that earning bitcoin in future will be much difficult in compare of present, as price will rise in future and you need to put extra efforts to earn bitcoins.

I agree, good for us who knew bitcoin early, we can earn and save bitcoins for the future. In the future maybe only few people will own bitcoin as its supply will be limited because mining won't be profitable because of the halving that happens in every 4 years. It will be difficult to mine bitcoin so its supply will not be many and less people will own it.
Omegasun

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:37:53 PM

1 BITCOIN Grin

That is too optimistic. I think we need at least 10 bitcoin. I reckon the price of each bitcoin will be between 100 to 200k US dollars.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:42:15 PM

Buy many as you can.

But do not feel too secured if you have lots of bitcoins.  We do not know what will happen in the span of 20 years.  I have faith in bitcoins that its price will still be on the top compare to other cryptocurrency, but we cannot tell.  What if something happens, what if there is no more power supply, what if for some reason government find reason to ban the bitcoins.  Instead of bitcoins, you may want to buy gold and silver.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 10:09:16 PM

Buy many as you can.

But do not feel too secured if you have lots of bitcoins.  We do not know what will happen in the span of 20 years.  I have faith in bitcoins that its price will still be on the top compare to other cryptocurrency, but we cannot tell.  What if something happens, what if there is no more power supply, what if for some reason government find reason to ban the bitcoins.  Instead of bitcoins, you may want to buy gold and silver.

Some governments have "banned" bitcoins but lets be honest there is no way to stop a community of strong individuals by just saying stop, the only way they could stops us is if they really wanted us to stop cut the power, but they would never do that because BAM their GDP sinks in the dirt, hope this information helped you out man but btc in 20 years id say $250,000 worth AT least.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:05:45 AM

Buy many as you can.

But do not feel too secured if you have lots of bitcoins.  We do not know what will happen in the span of 20 years.  I have faith in bitcoins that its price will still be on the top compare to other cryptocurrency, but we cannot tell.  What if something happens, what if there is no more power supply, what if for some reason government find reason to ban the bitcoins.  Instead of bitcoins, you may want to buy gold and silver.

Some governments have "banned" bitcoins but lets be honest there is no way to stop a community of strong individuals by just saying stop, the only way they could stops us is if they really wanted us to stop cut the power, but they would never do that because BAM their GDP sinks in the dirt, hope this information helped you out man but btc in 20 years id say $250,000 worth AT least.

You definitely need a bunch of  btc to be able to retire and i dont recommend investing that much into btc right now i would just say to put a bunch of your saving money into a ROTH IRA and you should research that because you will make a bunch of money with just stocking it in a ROTH IRA because that uses compound interest.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 06:44:29 AM

I think 200 bitcoins would be enough as long as you have investment all the way, if you would settle on that amount, and due to inflation, we can not estimate how many bitcoins needed in future even bitcoin will have huge values. So, adding some more bitcoins would be safer.
Ziskinberg

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636

For campaign management look for Little Mouse!

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:41:19 AM

I think 200 bitcoins would be enough as long as you have investment all the way, if you would settle on that amount, and due to inflation, we can not estimate how many bitcoins needed in future even bitcoin will have huge values. So, adding some more bitcoins would be safer.
The good thing with bitcoins is the price reacts also based on dollar exchange rate so for me saving in bitcoins would not be affected with inflation. There is only one benefit, the price of bitcoins will increase in a duration of time.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 07:51:56 AM

The good thing with bitcoins is the price reacts also based on dollar exchange rate so for me saving in bitcoins would not be affected with inflation. There is only one benefit, the price of bitcoins will increase in a duration of time.
I think its not duration of time the price is always depends in demand and supply no matter  how long you hold bitcoin.. if all people are just holding their bitcoin and dont spend and just alway buy the price should be rise because more money are invested in bitcoin and supply is decreasing.. so the price should be rise..
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:10:35 AM

I think its not duration of time the price is always depends in demand and supply no matter  how long you hold bitcoin.. if all people are just holding their bitcoin and dont spend and just alway buy the price should be rise because more money are invested in bitcoin and supply is decreasing.. so the price should be rise..
The time element is very important because that is the only way we can reach out to the people who have not use bitcoins yet, once they are educated they would understand the real value of bitcoins and will start adopting it.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: