Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years?  (Read 320306 times)
Dolmater

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:48:43 PM

It depends on you really, if you are wasting 1000$ per day you will need a huge amount of bitcoins. You are using 10$ per day, ok you need in 100 times less bitcoins.

It may be that bitcoins do not hold any value after 20 years. Bitcoins are not a reliable currency currently and it has been here for very less time compared to other currencies but the future of bitcoin is not predictable. Soon it may be replaced by another currency.

Yeah and thinking of 20 years would be the waste of time, its better we keep on earning from it since it is alive and popular as anything is possible with bitcoin in future.

In 20 years, the price will be around $100,000. So you need about 20 bitcoin to live happily, no worry about money at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 06:51:37 PM

It depends on you really, if you are wasting 1000$ per day you will need a huge amount of bitcoins. You are using 10$ per day, ok you need in 100 times less bitcoins.

It may be that bitcoins do not hold any value after 20 years. Bitcoins are not a reliable currency currently and it has been here for very less time compared to other currencies but the future of bitcoin is not predictable. Soon it may be replaced by another currency.

Yeah and thinking of 20 years would be the waste of time, its better we keep on earning from it since it is alive and popular as anything is possible with bitcoin in future.

In 20 years, the price will be around $100,000. So you need about 20 bitcoin to live happily, no worry about money at all.

That is unrealistic value to think and achieve as that is impossible to achieve, and I really don't think that bitcoin will survive that long.
lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:17:38 PM

thats a lot of good ideas i must admit though im not so confident about the price of the bitcoin and i dont know if it will grow that much in the future thoguh its always good to be optimistic

hopefully it will be enough to have at least 100 bitcoins in order to retire then, though unfortunately i dont have that much bitcoins right now so i will not be able to retire after 20 years
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:21:45 PM

20 years is a long number... OP's answer would depend on 2 major factors:

- How much fiat does he need to retire and live comfortable life in your country?
- What is YOUR belief of Bitcoin's future and price speculation?
 Your retirement fund is a static amount, but BTC price is a dynamic one.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 11:36:31 PM

thats a lot of good ideas i must admit though im not so confident about the price of the bitcoin and i dont know if it will grow that much in the future thoguh its always good to be optimistic

hopefully it will be enough to have at least 100 bitcoins in order to retire then, though unfortunately i dont have that much bitcoins right now so i will not be able to retire after 20 years

Even if you think of the worst price and worst scenario of bitcoin then also I think that 100 bitcoin would be more then enough to take care of our good retirement life.
angryrob

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:09:31 AM

yes but we have to think for future the reason If our present is good and we are enjoying always not saving money then It wouldn't be always in future so we should be earn and save money, when we need money we can expense from here.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:31:53 AM

For retirement, one man with family, needs around 500 000 $. Now that is around 1000 + bitcoins, so I think you can buy around 300+ btc and you will have enough money for you and your family until the end of your days.
I wish something like that for myself. Just I cant buy that much coins. I will have to earn them or gamble that amount. Good luck to you and too me also.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:48:25 AM

For retirement, one man with family, needs around 500 000 $. Now that is around 1000 + bitcoins, so I think you can buy around 300+ btc and you will have enough money for you and your family until the end of your days.
I wish something like that for myself. Just I cant buy that much coins. I will have to earn them or gamble that amount. Good luck to you and too me also.

That is if the bitcoin price retain at this level, but we must think of the worst case scenario that could happen after 20 years... say the price drops because a new coin was developed with much greater feature than bitcoin or the support of its user was lessen..You will need more bitcoin with that...So the best plan is to save few bitcoin and the rest, save it as fiat savings..
uncaer9

Activity: 413

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:32:05 AM

you can start saving bitcoin now for your retire, you can save arround 0.1/month im sure it's enough for your retirement day Roll Eyes

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀                 ▀████▄
   ▄███▀
  ▄██▀
 ▄██▀   ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██▀    ████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
███     ██████▀  ██▄▄   ▀██████     ███
███     ██████   ██████  ██████     ███
███     ██████▄  ██▀▀   ▄██████     ███
▀██▄    ████████▄▄   ▄▄████████    ▄██▀
 ▀██▄   ▀█████████████████████▀   ▄██▀
  ▀██▄                           ▄██▀
   ▀███▄                       ▄███▀
     ▀████▄                 ▄████▀
       ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
PUREVIDZ█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
[][████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄               ▄█████▄   ▄▄
██▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄        ▄█████████████▀
▀█████▄▄     ████████████▀
 ▀██████████▄████████████
█████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████████
   ███████████████████
    ▀▀██████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████▀
▀███████████████▀
  ▀▀████████▀▀
]█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:37:57 AM

It is going to depend on wat the Bitcoin price will be over 20 years. So if you have 100 Bitcoins and the price is $2000 for example then you will have $200,000. So you cannot predict how much Bitcoins you need over 20 years.
uncaer9

Activity: 413

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:43:39 AM

It is going to depend on wat the Bitcoin price will be over 20 years. So if you have 100 Bitcoins and the price is $2000 for example then you will have $200,000. So you cannot predict how much Bitcoins you need over 20 years.

also it's depend about how your life, are you life with simple or fancy.
also depend about where are you live, in asia, europe, american etc. each place have diffirent cost too.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀                 ▀████▄
   ▄███▀
  ▄██▀
 ▄██▀   ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██▀    ████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
███     ██████▀  ██▄▄   ▀██████     ███
███     ██████   ██████  ██████     ███
███     ██████▄  ██▀▀   ▄██████     ███
▀██▄    ████████▄▄   ▄▄████████    ▄██▀
 ▀██▄   ▀█████████████████████▀   ▄██▀
  ▀██▄                           ▄██▀
   ▀███▄                       ▄███▀
     ▀████▄                 ▄████▀
       ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
PUREVIDZ█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
[][████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄               ▄█████▄   ▄▄
██▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄        ▄█████████████▀
▀█████▄▄     ████████████▀
 ▀██████████▄████████████
█████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████████
   ███████████████████
    ▀▀██████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████▀
▀███████████████▀
  ▀▀████████▀▀
]█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:52:03 AM

also depend about where are you live, in asia, europe, american etc. each place have diffirent cost too.

Yeah so i think that if a person just want to live a simple life then maybe about 10-30 bitcoins would fit the life that he needs as there will be not much cost he is going to make in a simple life.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:33:02 AM

That depends on the value of Bitcoin and that is hard to predict because it is a curreny so you never know what the value will be of Bitcoin and that is the problem, but you never know.
I think you need more than some 50 Bitcoins for sure otherwise it will be not possible to you if the value is going to reduce, there are many risks.
Yes only depends upon the value of Bitcoin after 20 years.
Since the price goes up and down with very fast fluctuations, it is nearly impossible to predict now itself.
But roughly I want to predict just half (o.5) bitcoin is more than enough to retire in 20 years.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:52:00 AM

That depends on the value of Bitcoin and that is hard to predict because it is a curreny so you never know what the value will be of Bitcoin and that is the problem, but you never know.
I think you need more than some 50 Bitcoins for sure otherwise it will be not possible to you if the value is going to reduce, there are many risks.
Since the price goes up and down with very fast fluctuations, it is nearly impossible to predict now itself.
But roughly I want to predict just half (o.5) bitcoin is more than enough to retire in 20 years.
No 0.5 btc is not enough to retire in 20 years. I think a minimum of 10 bitcoin and a maximum of 30 bitcoin is needed because we can't predict the price of bitcoin in 20 years.

uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 09:09:09 AM

yeah well it depends on your region the need or the money you needed to be smaller when you're in Asia or a small country.
if you have the money $ 50k. you've been able to live comfortably in my country

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:25:14 AM

No 0.5 btc is not enough to retire in 20 years. I think a minimum of 10 bitcoin and a maximum of 30 bitcoin is needed because we can't predict the price of bitcoin in 20 years.

i don't think there is a personal minimum or maximun, just accumulate as much as you can in this time frame where bitcoin is still relatively easy to get
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 11:31:24 AM

i don't think there is a personal minimum or maximun, just accumulate as much as you can in this time frame where bitcoin is still relatively easy to get

I agree and when the time comes for your retirement you will be surprised that the bitcoin that you can accumulate have increase its value if you look back 20 years before you retire.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:19:37 PM

20 years is a long number... OP's answer would depend on 2 major factors:

- How much fiat does he need to retire and live comfortable life in your country?
- What is YOUR belief of Bitcoin's future and price speculation?
 Your retirement fund is a static amount, but BTC price is a dynamic one.
agree with you because of the need and cost of living in a country is different. you could spend more than $ 100 for the purchase of uses in just one day if you live in a big city in the USA. This is different if you in my country. you can use the $ 100 for 3-4 weeks to buy many purposes. so it depends on the circumstances around you
anthonydar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

★CryptoGamesFX.com★

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:11:44 AM

That is right. If the bitcoin price does not change more than 1-2% a day, similar to other major currency, then many people will use it.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:21:58 PM

if you consider btc as retirement fund then you will need more then 100 or more if you consider this as some other thing then the more you can gather

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: