Poll
Question: Poll closed
Yes, please I absolutely need it!
Yes, but it's not a priority
Not sure, I'd prefer other features
No, I don't need it
-
-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Minera v0.9.1] Your next mining dashboard - Antminer/CPUminer/CGminer/BFGminer  (Read 850271 times)
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:30:14 AM

Mobileminerapp and Minera works fine.

One Question... I still have some GPU Rigs running for X11.
Is there something like a Windows Programm, which controls sgminer by API and feeds mobileminerapp with data, so that I can see my Rigs too?

Yes, MuM will do just that. Check the post for MultiMiner.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LexMine

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Is there something like a Windows Programm, which controls sgminer by API and feeds mobileminerapp with data, so that I can see my Rigs too?

I installed it but i can´t find the X11 Coins like Darkkoin, XC etc.
Raptor2213

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:06:24 PM

I installed it but i can´t find the X11 Coins like Darkkoin, XC etc.
You can add any coins by typing them in yourself. Ask in the MuM post if you have any questions about MuM.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
AgoraLive

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:38:41 PM

Why does the dashboard not update? I installed v0.2.0 and now I can't see any stats? Seeds are running and accepting shares (I can see log), but dashboard is just a bunch or turning arrows Sad
ircactus

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:02:39 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 08:19:17 PM by ircactus

Probably unrelated. But I had a 10 Gridseed 5 farm running and after the update it finds 3. Swapped USB hubs. Same only the 1st 3.. Took 1 direct to the PI's other usb port and it came up.. I'm not saying this happened here.. just odd that it was exactly at the time I applied the upgrade..

-- Update.. completely unrelated.. Power from the wall feeding the hub.
michelem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 04:51:58 PM

Why does the dashboard not update? I installed v0.2.0 and now I can't see any stats? Seeds are running and accepting shares (I can see log), but dashboard is just a bunch or turning arrows Sad

Best thing you can do is SSH in and do:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all
sudo git reset --hard origin/master
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:00:13 PM

Minera with MobileMiner is working very nicely. This last version of Minera is also very stable. Thanks for the constant updates Smiley
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

Best thing you can do is SSH in and do:

Code:
cd /var/www/minera
sudo git fetch --all
sudo git reset --hard origin/master
sudo ./upgrade_minera.sh

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for you dedication  Wink

dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:55:23 PM

This may not be the best place to post, but I'm having trouble with MobileMiner.  I have two RPIs each with ten 5-chip gridseeds.  I set up a MM account and set it up on one RPI.  I logged into the app and it showed up right away.  I set up the 2nd RPI the same way, except gave it a different name.  However, it won't show up in the app.  I power cycled the whole system (RPI, hub, PSU, etc) and still nothing.  I thought maybe it would take a while for it to register, but it has been over 14 hours since the power cycle and still nothing.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
AgoraLive

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:58:05 PM

Stop your miners. Start your miners. If that doesn't help. Stop your miners, remove pools, username & pw. Hit save then save restart miners. Nothing will start as you removed the info.

Re enter your pool name, username and PW. Again hit save & then hit save and restart miners.

Happened to me on the default w/e mines when you start minera up the first time.

Stopping / Starting worked   Grin   Thank you
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:40:07 PM

This may not be the best place to post, but I'm having trouble with MobileMiner.  I have two RPIs each with ten 5-chip gridseeds.  I set up a MM account and set it up on one RPI.  I logged into the app and it showed up right away.  I set up the 2nd RPI the same way, except gave it a different name.  However, it won't show up in the app.  I power cycled the whole system (RPI, hub, PSU, etc) and still nothing.  I thought maybe it would take a while for it to register, but it has been over 14 hours since the power cycle and still nothing.

You have a possible problem with php5-curl installation.
Please do exactly what I posted before your post, in particular the upgrade_minera.sh script

isuelt

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Is there a thread for feature requests for Minera?

Feature requests:
- *** Pool Rotation setup
   - time based and/or share based

- Device frequency adjustment right on device line ( Like Hashra 1.45 has )

- pre-defined pools

- Skinning features (CSS, images, etc.)

- customizable Coin prices at the top

- save buttons for saving the setup as a separate file and of course an "import setup" button.

Can we setup a vote and bid for the feature requests?  That way the Dev gets the communities' input and some moolah.  Weight the feature additions based on votes and bids for the work. 
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:38:51 PM

What do you think?

Did I find a bug?

So I was thinking about getting a UPS protector for my RPI & computer system.

Now If I have a UPS on my computer system & monitor, linksys hub, RPI, usb hub and gridseed/gridseeds. Not on the router.

So I did an example of a power outage. Left my system and everything above mentioned on as if they were on a UPS.

So I pulled the uplink cat5E out of my linksyshub as example if power went out all over the house where there is no protection, but only protection is my setup.

Now, by doing this, I can connect to minera browser based welcome screen with the digital time, but I try to log in nothing happens, I keep getting loading circle in my tab.

Now, the ip is already assigned to the RPI & minera, I can connect to the welcome screen but why not login?

Do a test yourself, you should find the same results.

For this reason, I did this test is, If I had a power outage, the UPS would give me enough time to login to Minera to correctly shutdown, so sd corruption does not happen.

Is this a bug that I found that is in bold letter?

I am thinking it won't allow me to login, because the system is under hard load maybe trying to identify network or something?

Can you SSH into it?
Try a different browser?

I suspect that what you are seeing is actually the cached login page of minera and your miner either has a new ip or no connectivity. Just a hunch.
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:27:28 AM

Code:
sudo poweroff

Works to shutdown minera properly through ssh.

So I am gonna go pick up a UPS, if power goes out, I will SSH in and sudo poweroff.

GUI don't work after trying to login as shown in SS.

That's an interesting bug. I'd be curious to see the output if while it's in that hang-y state if you ssh'd in an ran "Top" to see what was bogging down the system.

Also I don't mean to pry, but I have some questions about your tests and setup:
1)You said you simulated a power fail on UPS by unplugging the ethernet - So I'm to presume that your modem and router (or other networking gateway) are not going to be on the UPS.

In this case - how would you SSH in? There would be no network to ssh through without at least a switch and a computer also on battery. I guess the best case scenario would be to put the router and modem (or whatever you use) ALSO on battery so you can keep mining away in the event of a power fail.

2) OR just don't use a UPS at all. I gathered that you wanted to prevent losing saved frequencies or stats in a power fail situation but since your solution is to sudo poweroff once or after the power fails what's the benefit of the UPS? Just let the system go down - it comes up clean. I have an occasional problem with my setup that the Pi dies in a strange way and I can't ssh in or access the web - So I have a WeMo switch that power cycles it if an alert email comes in. Easy-peasy. IMHO unless you have the networking gear, the miners and the Pi all on UPS there's no value to using one.

Again - not trying to pry or tell you that you're doing it wrong, just not sure what you're going through all the trouble for.
heathcoin

Activity: 233

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:52:43 AM

Once you get it working... wouldn't it just easier/cheaper to clone your SD card and have a spare?
fivejonnyfive

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:12:06 AM

Yup I am on a linksys hub. That's why I can SSH into minera. And also connect to the welcome screen. With uplink from router disconnected from hub. All IP's are assigned already, same as invent of a power failure, If all my system is on battery I can SSH in, sudo shutdown.

It's a HUB and not a SWITCH? There's an important distinction. Hubs can behave erratically if everything isn't setup correctly. Once I accidentally took down the network in an entire academic building by accidentally plugging a hub into itself. (A condition known as loopback)

Not sure the exact network topology you've got over there but I wonder if it would behave nicely with a switch.

For what it's worth - I unplugged the network switch running my mining gear from the router and plugged it back in without causing a problem for the miner.

Also, your mileage may vary but I feel like sdcard corruption is unlikely even with cold power cycles on the Pi.
dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:10:47 AM

Please do exactly what I posted before your post, in particular the upgrade_minera.sh script

I tried what you said (twice actually) and it still hasn't shown up yet.  Any other ideas?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:40:39 AM

I tried what you said (twice actually) and it still hasn't shown up yet.  Any other ideas?

Let me understand, is it working everything on that RPi but Mobileminer app? Could you check the application/logs/*.php? You should see some lines telling you it's trying to contact MM every minute. Look at it if there are some errors.

For the problem with the guy who disconnect the network and he's not able to login anymore, I think that's a network problem, not a Minera problem/bug/issue. If you disconnect the main router you (your pc) could have problems finding the right route to the RPI (indeed you get a minute or two to get in ssh), probably also the Ethernet HUB could be the problem, an hub doesn't remember routes neither save anything to regain them.
You can try this too. Instead disconnecting the router LAN cable, try to remove the router WAN cable, so you haven't the internet but everything else should work fine. As soon as you disconnect the router LAN cable too, you start having problems. This is because your hardware still looking at the router (it has the main gateway set to it and it is unreachable) but can't find it. Remember also that probably it's your router to give you the IP and net config via DHCP, so this is another issue to eventually look at.

michelem (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:42:54 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 07:06:31 AM by michelem

Just to let you know I Updated the Minera image file with the latest 0.2.0 version.

You can download it here:

Download minera-latest.img.zip (md5 93252505d41cf7fedf7d0e0fe918b0d0)

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:05:23 AM

Let me understand, is it working everything on that RPi but Mobileminer app? Could you check the application/logs/*.php? You should see some lines telling you it's trying to contact MM every minute. Look at it if there are some errors.

For the problem with the guy who disconnect the network and he's not able to login anymore, I think that's a network problem, not a Minera problem/bug/issue. If you disconnect the main router you (your pc) could have problems finding the right route to the RPI (indeed you get a minute or two to get in ssh), probably also the Ethernet HUB could be the problem, an hub doesn't remember routes neither save anything to regain them.
You can try this too. Instead disconnecting the router LAN cable, try to remove the router WAN cable, so you haven't the internet but everything else should work fine. As soon as you disconnect the router LAN cable too, you start having problems. This is because your hardware still looking at the router (it has the main gateway set to it and it is unreachable) but can't find it. Remember also that probably it's your router to give you the IP and net config via DHCP, so this is another issue to eventually look at.

For the network issue, try assigning a static IP to the Rpi. The hub itself shouldn't be a problem since all it does it broadcast the packet to all it's connected peers, unlike the selective forwarding that a switch does based on ARP cache. The default gateway doesn't matter because the packets are directed at the local network.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: