Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:59:07 AM

@Kora,

Lets work on the options for the next round of stake distribution. How about posting here the previous poll to start this.

Great Idea!

Here is the previous poll thread if anyone is interested to get some background information:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673587.msg7629545#msg7629545

The Poll results were as follows:

What should we do with any left over stakes if we don't reach ~3000 stakeholders

Distribute to existing stakeholders   - 120 (72.7%)
Use to pay for bounties & developers   - 26 (15.8%)
Keep in trust for later distribution   - 19 (11.5%)

Total Voters: 165

The main feedback I got from the original Poll was we need to offer 'voters'  combination options (e.g. 50% to existing stakeholders, 50% for a round 2 distribution etc)

How about adding a mulitple combo of distribution of the stakes like 50% 1st round registration, 30% 2nd round registration, 20% bounty. Something like this?

Hashbender

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:24:09 AM

So I return to the messed up world of cryptos to find that i've missed a lot of opportunities....after suffering "potential successful coins" like nyancoin. Bah. If I could only get a Ora stake...
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:31:01 AM

So I return to the messed up world of cryptos to find that i've missed a lot of opportunities....after suffering "potential successful coins" like nyancoin. Bah. If I could only get a Ora stake...

Keep reading. There will be a 2nd registration that will be up, not now but soon.

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:41:12 AM

@Kora,

Lets work on the options for the next round of stake distribution. How about posting here the previous poll to start this.

Great Idea!

Here is the previous poll thread if anyone is interested to get some background information:

What should we do with any left over stakes if we don't reach ~3000 stakeholders

The main feedback I got from the original Poll was we need to offer 'voters'  combination options (e.g. 50% to existing stakeholders, 50% for a round 2 distribution etc)

How about adding a mulitple combo of distribution of the stakes like 50% 1st round registration, 30% 2nd round registration, 20% bounty. Something like this?

Yeah, having mutliple extra registration rounds could work well! Now that ORA is 'alive' on the NXT AE a bundle of ORA coins is actually worth 'real value', and everyone can see that now. Having 'FREE money' to literally give-away is marketing gold!! ORA market cap is only 50K USD today, but in a few months ... maybe we'll be giving away something a lot more valuable. We can't underestimate the power of a guaranteed FREE giveaway, and we can give a bundle to charities too if we wish. We have plenty of options that can get ORA exposure, and we can make a 'values' statement about what ORA is about.

That's why I'm hoping some people can see that for those of us in HODL mode, giving away stakes to newcomers, charities, people outside 'cryptoville' can actually increase the value of your original ORA stake by quite a lot. What other coin has this amount of coins to use for pure marketing & to do some really cool things? And we're only talking about the remainder from the original 50% that was ear-marked for the first 3K stakeholders. The 25% for power bounties etc is not being given away, that's tucked away for dev & infrastructure & community building & marketing etc

IMO the smart thing to do with the left over stakes is grow the ORA pie from a clever combination of giveaways & promotions that project the ORA communal values, AND get us great exposure, even beyond the relatively small boundaries of the crypto community. When people hear of a genuine giveaway of FREE stuff that ISN'T tainted by scam or other sleazy motives, then people take notice. I think it's OK to squeeze every last drop of good publicity we can, but we can be 'good guys' too. We can give FREE money (ORA is like money now!) to medical research, poverty relief, wikipedia, Amnesty International, wikileaks ... anything. IMO it's a far better use of the left over stakes than a 'top up' to the original ~890 stakeholders.

But that's just me, and the vote will decide the issue, but first we need to lay out all the options, and let people win 'hearts & minds' with their arguments & opinions. NXT voting system ETA for going live is end of September, so that's plenty of time  to get organised, and also for some more price discovery for ORA.

Who wants to make a prediction on ORA price on 30th September?

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:48:57 AM

@Kora,

Great Idea!

Yeah, having mutliple extra registration rounds could work well! Now that ORA is 'alive' on the NXT AE a bundle of ORA coins is actually worth 'real value', and everyone can see that now. Having 'FREE money' to literally give-away is marketing gold!! ORA market cap is only 50K USD today, but in a few months ... maybe we'll be giving away something a lot more valuable. We can't underestimate the power of a guaranteed FREE giveaway, and we can give a bundle to charities too if we wish. We have plenty of options that can get ORA exposure, and we can make a 'values' statement about what ORA is about.

That's why I'm hoping some people can see that for those of us in HODL mode, giving away stakes to newcomers, charities, people outside 'cryptoville' can actually increase the value of your original ORA stake by quite a lot. What other coin has this amount of coins to use for pure marketing & to do some really cool things? And we're only talking about the remainder from the original 50% that was ear-marked for the first 3K stakeholders. The 25% for power bounties etc is not being given away, that's tucked away for dev & infrastructure & community building & marketing etc

IMO the smart thing to do with the left over stakes is grow the ORA pie from a clever combination of giveaways & promotions that project the ORA communal values, AND get us great exposure, even beyond the relatively small boundaries of the crypto community. When people hear of a genuine giveaway of FREE stuff that ISN'T tainted by scam or other sleazy motives, then people take notice. I think it's OK to squeeze every last drop of good publicity we can, but we can be 'good guys' too. We can give FREE money (ORA is like money now!) to medical research, poverty relief, wikipedia, Amnesty International, wikileaks ... anything. IMO it's a far better use of the left over stakes than a 'top up' to the original ~890 stakeholders.

But that's just me, and the vote will decide the issue, but first we need to lay out all the options, and let people win 'hearts & minds' with their arguments & opinions. NXT voting system ETA for going live is end of September, so that's plenty of time  to get organised, and also for some more price discovery for ORA.

0.01 nxt?

Hashbender

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:54:21 AM

@Kora,

Great Idea!

Exactly what i've ever looked for. A serious coin, and a community that doesn't support pump&dumps. The interesting thing is that it seems it's quite unlike nxt or other project as i've read in another ora thread the development is "community driven". I hope ORA becomes big, even more than the original one, with a less fair distribution.
Maybe the timeframe should be expanded a little and consideer other forms of distribution.
I've also seen Stellar. It sounds interesting. Maybe ORA can reward old facebook users or/and twitter users, for there are a lot of people who are not very active here at bitcointalk. I send my personal congrats to the team in charge of ORA. Seems to be legit.
tomavbttt

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:57:54 AM

@Kora,

Great Idea!

0.01NXT=1 ORA
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:04:08 AM

I will furnish with the details of how many coins has been distributed from the 50% allocation. This gives me an idea from Kora's reply on charity. How about allocate 1% of the total balance alloacation to this purpose. Someone from the community will helping me on how to do this, properly. If this is okay, i will remove the charity from the power bounty allocation. This makes more sense. We can make a fund account and anyone who wishes to top up to that account can do so. Also helps with the distribution imo.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:15:08 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 08:07:48 AM by Kora

I will furnish with the details of how many coins has been distributed from the 50% allocation. This gives me an idea from Kora's reply on charity. How about allocate 1% of the total balance alloacation to this purpose. Someone from the community will helping me on how to do this, properly. If this is okay, i will remove the charity from the power bounty allocation. This makes more sense. We can make a fund account and anyone who wishes to top up to that account can do so. Also helps with the distribution imo.

+1

Great idea Darkhorse, I like it Smiley

edit: we could always go higher than 1% too

Hashbender

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:30:04 PM

Be careful, DarkHorse. If there's one lesson Dogecoin has taught us, is to not lend money to people who need to cash out immediately. Donating to charity is a good idea, but let's wait until ORA has spread a little more, just in case. Otherwise, it will crash the price for a moment and everyone will complain about the devs, etc etc fud cycle, repeat again, again and again. First, let's wait for a product, more people to catch attention to ORA, and then you can give ORA to charities with less risk. Let's say, reserve that 1%, but don't give them away now.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:47:02 PM

Stakeholder update 08/05. [Link]

I'm doing a daily check for newly secured NXT addresses, of the 889 entries in total which made it through all phases.
2 new stakeholders have secured their accounts since last update. These addresses have been submitted for distribution.
This means 824 NXT accounts have now been secured. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
Chaos514

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:48:21 PM

Be careful, DarkHorse. If there's one lesson Dogecoin has taught us, is to not lend money to people who need to cash out immediately. Donating to charity is a good idea, but let's wait until ORA has spread a little more, just in case. Otherwise, it will crash the price for a moment and everyone will complain about the devs, etc etc fud cycle, repeat again, again and again. First, let's wait for a product, more people to catch attention to ORA, and then you can give ORA to charities with less risk. Let's say, reserve that 1%, but don't give them away now.

I've posted a similar comment in the ORA bounty thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=718077.msg8184008#msg8184008. As discussed with DarkhorseofNxt, we will define the best way to handle charity and get back to the community. I'm open to all suggestion, but I can already tell you that will make sure that the ORA given to charities will not be dump in any fashion that can hurt this coin.

Thanks
Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:10:54 AM

I'm doing a daily check for newly secured NXT addresses, of the 889 entries in total which made it through all phases.
2 new stakeholders have secured their accounts since last update. These addresses have been submitted for distribution.
This means 824 NXT accounts have now been secured. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks Mac!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:02:06 AM

Anyone have any info on this account: http://www.nxtreporting.com/?ac=NXT-AQW6-H85F-RE49-GWTZX

Suspicious.  The few sending accounts I checked had ORA initial transfer from the Ora Treasury.  All transfers in to GWTZX have timestamps very close together.  Do we have a case of sockpuppets here?
Looks like that account has a sell order in for 1.5 Million @ 0.00798000   = 11'970.00 NXT. When I get home I'll buy those ORA and donate them to start the first ORA faucet. Not sure what the story is behind that account activity, but @ 0.00798 that's still a pretty good price for ORA IMO!

That is seriously the most awesome answer ever!  Thank you Kora.

Thanks, if anyone can buy those potentially  'rogue' ORA now I will pay you back when I get home (can't use NXT where I am). We can nurse those ORA back to good health and cleanse them from any 'bad karma' they may have been exposed to in their travels Smiley

Grab those ORA before the offer gets cancelled if you can!

Done! :-) As well as few others smaller orders on the way... I'm glad I was fast enough...

Welcome to my ORA 'Tip' List!   Grin
150,000 ORA to Tompa for:
- quickly buying up the 1.5 M ORA from the 'mystery' dumper
- showing support for ORA by keeping the 1.5M ORA

Tompa has decided to keep the 1.5 M ORA, but as they were bought @ ~0.008 NXT each, and the current price is ~0.006 NXT, I'm going to give Tompa another 500K ORA to make up the difference, so I'm sending Tompa 650K ORA today.

As Tompa took a 'bullet' on the market with an inflated ORA price, the least I can do is cover the shortfall!

@Darkhorse & fragORA, can you guys arrange for an ORA faucet fund account? I'll start that off with the 'cleansed' 1.5M ORA from the mystery dumper.

F22Raptor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:12:41 AM

may i ask when we have another reg round?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:20:22 AM

Stakes sent.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:32:46 AM

Anyone have any info on this account: http://www.nxtreporting.com/?ac=NXT-AQW6-H85F-RE49-GWTZX

Suspicious.  The few sending accounts I checked had ORA initial transfer from the Ora Treasury.  All transfers in to GWTZX have timestamps very close together.  Do we have a case of sockpuppets here?
Looks like that account has a sell order in for 1.5 Million @ 0.00798000   = 11'970.00 NXT. When I get home I'll buy those ORA and donate them to start the first ORA faucet. Not sure what the story is behind that account activity, but @ 0.00798 that's still a pretty good price for ORA IMO!

That is seriously the most awesome answer ever!  Thank you Kora.

Thanks, if anyone can buy those potentially  'rogue' ORA now I will pay you back when I get home (can't use NXT where I am). We can nurse those ORA back to good health and cleanse them from any 'bad karma' they may have been exposed to in their travels Smiley

Grab those ORA before the offer gets cancelled if you can!

Done! :-) As well as few others smaller orders on the way... I'm glad I was fast enough...

Welcome to my ORA 'Tip' List!   Grin
150,000 ORA to Tompa for:
- quickly buying up the 1.5 M ORA from the 'mystery' dumper
- showing support for ORA by keeping the 1.5M ORA

Tompa has decided to keep the 1.5 M ORA, but as they were bought @ ~0.008 NXT each, and the current price is ~0.006 NXT, I'm going to give Tompa another 500K ORA to make up the difference, so I'm sending Tompa 650K ORA today.

As Tompa took a 'bullet' on the market with an inflated ORA price, the least I can do is cover the shortfall!

@Darkhorse & fragORA, can you guys arrange for an ORA faucet fund account? I'll start that off with the 'cleansed' 1.5M ORA from the mystery dumper.

You just want to have a new nxt account openend for faucet alone? Do you also want it to be funded from the bounty fund apart from the 1.5m ?

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:33:24 AM

may i ask when we have another reg round?

Will be decided by voting once nxt voting system is up.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:56:19 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 05:54:33 AM by DarkhorseofNxt

Balance stakes = (3000(allocated) - 889(first round reg) × 166,666) = 351,831,926. This is the number provided if all 889 receive their stakes.

And here is my suggestion for balance stake distribution. Please treat this for discussion purposes only. Brainstorming time.

1. 1st round stake register account gets additional = 158,304 each (40%)
2. 2nd round stake register account (300 new applicants) gets = 166,666 each (14.21%)
3. Current holders bonus (min. 166,666) gets = 50,000 each (16.89%) * assuming total of 1189 person holding every coin. Incase of lesser account, share per account increases. Bad idea. Can be gamed by large account holder.
4. Dev bounty = 101,649,356 (29%)

With this,
1st round register will receive a total of 374,970 coins
2nd round register will receive a total of 216,666 coins.

This will cover everyone's concern. Just my opinion. Feel free to comment.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:09:21 AM

You just want to have a new nxt account openend for faucet alone? Do you also want it to be funded from the bounty fund apart from the 1.5m ?

I'd say start a new account for the future ORA faucet, and later we can top it up from the bounty fund, but we can use this initial 1.5M ORA to start the ball rolling.

Can anyone help develop an ORA faucet? Maybe we could use a modified version of the distribution plugin valarmg made. Could we put a web front end on that? I'm not sure anyone has made a NXT asset faucet yet, but that's what we'll need. The other option would be a manual faucet, but that's  a lot of work.

I'll offer a 1 Million ORA bounty for an automated ORA asset dispensing faucet, preferably open source so other asset issuers could use it too. I don't think we'd be the only NXT asset who'll want faucet type capabilities. The faucet system would need to pevent 'abuse' somehow.

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: