Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:47:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984380 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 05:18:59 AM

How much does 1 NEMcoin cost in btc ?

1 NEMstake ~ 35K Nxt. 35K Nxt ~ 2BTC. Approximately, cost of 1 NEMcoin is 2 BTC/ 1M = 20 satoshi.

2/1m = 200 satoshis.

or will it be
 2 BTC / 2000 000 = 0.00000100 BTC = 100 satoshi

Wouldn't that be a nice, round number, even hanging on the decimal and SI systems  Smiley

This is only taking account of 1k stake. You should be dividing by 4 in reality

No, 200 satoshi is correct. Multiply this by 4 billion and that gives a marketcap of 4000 btc and places it at number 11 on coinmarketcap. With btc at $340 usd this could be cheap if it turns out to compete with nxt.

Has it been scarved to the stone that NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins ...
or will it be 8 000 000 000 coins.

If the latter option, then 100 satoshi is the correct one. And would it be better?  ...as Buratino mentioned that 200 satoshi is too expensive, when thinking about the ROI.

Will probably be 8 billion Smiley

When did this happen?  Is each stake now worth 2MM NEM, or has total supply been arbitrarily doubled?  Reasoning?
I didn't know about this lol I don't think it's that big of a deal really.. Still getting the same percentage.
4,000,000,000 has been the plan all along.  Arbitrarily doubling makes no sense.  It could serve to derail confidence though.  Foolish.

Doubling makes sense and is a brilliant move.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 05:20:15 AM

Thats a very stupid move, dont do it. 4 billion is the way to go.
That is a smart move. Do it. 8 Billion is the way to go.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:25:13 AM

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

The genesis of this change being the apparent Chinese superstition regarding the number "4".
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:35:41 AM

If your gonna just pick a figure of the of the sky at least have a reason. Population of the world is now around 6.9, round up and make it 7. Avoiding 3 for the Chinese is stupid.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:37:43 AM

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

The genesis of this change being the apparent Chinese superstition regarding the number "4".

It was Eadeqa who pointed out that the 4 was something copied off Litecoin.  Litecoin isn't even relevant anymore (Ripple has a bigger capitalization).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:05:31 AM

The genesis of the change may have been an apparent Chinese superstition. But then some attempted rationale was put forth to increase its number regardless. Hence the figure of 8 Billion came about although a larger number is still something that can be pondered and weighed upon.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:26:05 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 06:39:08 AM by nembit86

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

The genesis of the change may have been an apparent Chinese superstition. But then some attempted rationale was put forth to increase its number regardless. Hence the figure of 8 Billion came about although a larger number is still something that can be pondered and weighed upon.

It was 4 billion that was picked out the air. After discussion by Nemsters on the Forum the number 8 billion came up for a variety of reasons and was decidedly liked by most over the original 4 B.

Do we want to cater for the Asians? Any Asian new to the movement would probably pick 8 billion rather than 4
Also I agree that when NEM becomes popular, do we want to talk about decimal points like BtC....I find it confusing when something is worth 0.00065 of a btc for example. Perhaps 80 billion would bring pricing amounts up to closer to what we are all familiar with.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:01:26 AM

updated client. Can I have some NEM?
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:17:14 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 08:36:29 AM by Tompa

Hm... Does sending of the encrypted messages even work in 0.4.17?
I cannot tick the encrypt message...

Win7

Try sending to an account that already has some out going transactions.

Tried... Doesn't work...
I just cannot check the box... Tried on different computer with different wallet/addresses that also have testNEMs on them -it doesn't work. :-(

EDIT: I was able to send out an encrypted message... So the recipient of the encrypted message must have outgoing txs? Anything else required?

EDIT #2: I "discovered" that the the address that is used to send out the encrypted message needs to also have prior outgoing transactions as well as the receiving address :-) TIL
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:17:54 AM

updated client. Can I have some NEM?

Sent 100k
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:58:18 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 09:12:28 AM by Spider

If I understand correctly, after the doubling, the fees will be cheaper by 50% and sending NEM will be 8 times cheaper than sending NXT. Am I right?

forum.nem.io
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

The issue as I have now come to understand it is simply a doubling of the total amount.  The percentage of each stake remains unchanged (I.e. 1MM NEM is now 2MM NEM).

It was 4 billion that was picked out the air. After discussion by Nemsters on the Forum the number 8 billion came up for a variety of reasons and was decidedly liked by most over the original 4 B.

Do we want to cater for the Asians? Any Asian new to the movement would probably pick 8 billion rather than 4
Also I agree that when NEM becomes popular, do we want to talk about decimal points like BtC....I find it confusing when something is worth 0.00065 of a btc for example. Perhaps 80 billion would bring pricing amounts up to closer to what we are all familiar with.

What is the point for such a big change at this point? People who have bought their stakes in AE will get confused and the same effect go along with those who does not visit this topic regulary. Given the point that devaluation of NEM could seriously harm the price, IMO Just burn one NEM.

That is just a terrible choice from marketing- and economics perspective.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:59:51 AM

I am confused about that, what's the hell 4 billion or 8 billion?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 10:20:52 AM by TaunSew

What is the point for such a big change at this point? People who have bought their stakes in AE will get confused and the same effect go along with those who does not visit this topic regulary. Given the point that devaluation of NEM could seriously harm the price, IMO Just burn one NEM.

There is no marketing perspective here.  A marketing person would take the perspective of what we can do to make NEM more appealing to future users and adjusting the total supply is one means of increasing appeal.  

Having 4 billion "death coins" could be a deal breaker for hypothetical users in East Asia.   Call them superstitious but a coin supply of 666 million or 13 billion would result in similar hysteria among Americans.

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins (the logo vote had a smaller margin in favor and I voted against that penis logo, by the way.  I guess NEM = MEN backwards and hence the phallic object but I still don't get it but I've accepted it / don't dissent over it anymore).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:13:04 AM

There is no marketing perspective here.  A marketing person would take the perspective of what we can do to make NEM more appealing to future users and adjusting the total supply is one means of increasing appeal.  

Having 4 billion "death coins" could be a deal breaker for hypothetical users in East Asia.   Call them superstitious but a coin supply of 666 million or 13 billion would result in similar hysteria among Americans.

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins (the logo vote had a smaller margin in favor and I voted against that penis logo, by the way)

+ 8 billion

Its interesting how some here want the participation of people from other cultures for the benefit of the NEM whilst at the same time ridiculing their beliefs and cultural psychology.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:15:34 AM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins (the logo vote had a smaller margin in favor and I voted against that penis logo, by the way)

+ 8 billion

Its interesting how some here want the participation of people from other cultures for the benefit of the NEM whilst at the same time ridiculing their beliefs and cultural psychology.

From what I can gather it were mostly non-asian people who actually came up with the topic.
At the same time we had a few chinese people saying that younger generations don't give a flying fart about those things anymore.

I believe changing the number this late just because there might be supersticion is not a wise move (and I'm saying "not wise" because I have to be polite now).

mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 10:44:15 AM

+ 8 billion

From what I can gather it were mostly non-asian people who actually came up with the topic.
At the same time we had a few chinese people saying that younger generations don't give a flying fart about those things anymore.

I believe changing the number this late just because there might be supersticion is not a wise move (and I'm saying "not wise" because I have to be polite now).

> changing the number this late just

I don't get it. Why does it matter, how late it is?
A very simple change: every figure is doubled, nobody will lose anything. Can't you just imagine: first there was 4 Billion and your share was X. Now there is 8 Billion and your share is 2X.

After the Genesis launch nobody will cry for the old plans. Childish and disbelief of human capability  to understand and bear changes!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 10:57:07 AM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins (the logo vote had a smaller margin in favor and I voted against that penis logo, by the way.  I guess NEM = MEN backwards and hence the phallic object but I still don't get it but I've accepted it / don't dissent over it anymore).

NEM is the giver of life that is based on information transfer.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:58:03 AM

Are you kidding talking about going out of beta if I have
NIS is synchronizing. At block 12961, est. 4 days behind.
for the last 2 days?

You haven't given much details. Also you might want to visit this thread:
https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2595.120

and others on nem forums, as they are much more appropriate for reporting problems than this thread.
(Also there are many people willing to help there).

fixed by

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 11:26:46 AM

Don't understand what you mean by confused. If they are ever confused, they will more than likely think it is our mistake and getting 2 times the amount may well turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

"Terrible choice from marketing and economics perspective" You may want to elaborate instead of making a statement?

Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: