Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:34:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984380 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 05:48:06 AM

Man no more joking around. make  22 the deadline for crying out loud. if they dont want to
redeem then tax them. what makes them so special to hold everyone else up. I mean come on. Sorry if I seem like im complaining but it's time that we get firm on the deadline.

if the deadline is extended then its going to be for a damn good reason.. decisions that are made are not made lightly and are ALWAYS for the betterment of nem. people need to understand that everything the team decides to do is for the good of nem and its community and most certainly not for personal gains/benefits. imagine what would have happened if we had launched a couple weeks ago or even a week ago like some people were calling out for? the network would have forked like it did, webstart would be causing many people problems and who knows what other issues would have popped up, all this resulting in a crashing price and near total loss of faith in the team.

but because of the decisions the team has made this has not happened. because of the decisions the team has made nem has not crashed and burned. because of the decisions the team has made we are still looking pretty damn golden and looking at taking the crypto world by storm.

would you rather the deadlines are not changed and we launch before nem is ready? you may think that is what you want but can assure you if we rush through this CRITICAL stage of nems development and if we do not mind every step we take and if we do not proceed with extreme caution nem could quite easily crash and burn like so many other 2.0 coins before us.

redemption is also a key part of this final stage. if redemption process is moving too slow and we have too few addresses then it is essential that the deadline be postponed so that we can reach a satisfactory number of claimants. with out optimal distribution, nem loses one of its most attractive attributes. this we cannot allow.

i can understand peoples frustration with delays and things seeming like they are not moving fast enough. i really can. im frustrated myself at times but when its a choice between rushing things, resulting in nem under performing, losing reputation or not fulfilling promises or even just totally crashing and burning OR taking things slowly, getting things right, keeping our golden reputation and taking the crypto world by storm with epic distribution, revolutionary - secure - heavily tested tech that can withstand the beating it will need to withstand after launch... i know what i would chose..

we get one shot at getting this right and one shot only. we fuck this up there is no going back to change the past. i think everyone will agree that we need to proceed with calculated, precision steps, ensuring to avoid any possible fuck ups along the way.

lets face it.. if we can pull this off.. its going to be totally and utterly epic beyond anything we have previously seen in crypto and people will take notice - but we gotta get it right first time. no two ways about that.

Well said! I may like to add this too. Alpha was so under tested that the bugs did not show up. Who is to be blamed? The community of course! Now that Beta is out and because we need to register the NEM address we see a good level of traffic. And finally, problems are being expounded. I am so glad. Somehow, deep in me, I think we should extend Beta a bit more and delay the launch. Like you said, we've only got one shot and it better be a bulls eye at the first go! No two ways about it.

I am not sure if the devs can complete the multisig in time, now that the beta bugs are being solved. Nevertheless, it is important that the multisig is there. Delay if we need to. It is all for the good of NEM.

I would like to see an orchestrated SPAM and also a POI exploitation exercise carried out. If we pass this, then I am comfortable. Otherwise, it will linger on my mind with a lot of what ifs.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:32:06 AM

Yes, I agree with everything. I'm in it for the long run. Like everyone else, I would love for our NEM to be successful and I am thankful for the great work that the devs have done and are doing. All I am saying is that nothing is perfect we can only make its better as we go. I know we want to get rid of the kinks and that is what's happening now. It's not like we've been rushing this development. I and like many other have been patiently waiting, so please don't thing that I'm trying to tell you guys to hurry it up. IM NOT AT ALL. I'm just saying 22nd should be final. Lets do it. This beta has been far better than anything out there already (it's not perfect, nothing is) but it will only get better from here. Smiley If I disrespected anybody then please accept my apology as it is not my intention. So I'm in whatever decision is best for our NEM. Cheers
Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:58:14 AM

+

Best move from 4 to 8 billion!!

So many benefits to support 8 Billion.

At first for all of you!,  nothing will be realy changed,  the percentage of recieving and distribution of coins is still the same! So what are you talking about?

The benefits of 8 Billion is,

- its a better marketing Number to explain
- 8 Billion Humans in the near future
- 8 is a lucky number in many cultures (particularly for asians)
- wider distrubution
- in the area of Mathematik stands a lying eight for eternity!

What is your answer if the media would ask you   "why has NEM 4 Billion coins??"  would it be  litecoin has the 4x times of bitcoin and NEM has the 4 times of NXT??   Do you realy like this answer?  think about!,  there is no real argument for 4 billion.

I think 8 Billion is the best move

+1

I think it will help further distribution a lot. And that is what we want regardles of probable negative impact on the price. I believe the price shouldn't concern us very much at this stage. Having as wide adoption as possible is way more important. And 8b will help.
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:59:51 AM

+

At first for all of you!,  nothing will be realy changed,  the percentage of recieving and distribution of coins is still the same! So what are you talking about?

- wider distrubution

What is your answer if the media would ask you   "why has NEM 4 Billion coins??"  would it be  litecoin has the 4x times of bitcoin and NEM has the 4 times of NXT??   Do you realy like this answer?  think about!,  there is no real argument for 4 billion.

I like your reasoning.....glad to see consensus is with 8 billion

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:09:31 AM

+

- wider distrubution

why are you guys coming with these 8 billion coins proposal now?
where have you been in february, march?
Now 1 minute from start you want to change things

IOTA
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:28:56 AM

+

- wider distrubution

We started discussing it about a month ago or more

rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 09:18:52 AM

+

- wider distrubution

Says a lot for a proponent of Crypto coins, isn't it? Change is a constant in our lives. If we cannot accept evolution, we would have been cavemen.  If everyone got stuck to bitcoin and not change a bit, there wouldn't have been one other coin. If we are hell bent on what we set out to do, NEM would not have evolved to be what it is today.

Ideas come and if they are good, then we should ponder and discuss. If they make sense, we should implement. That's how a project gets better and better.
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:38:43 AM

How many coins will each stakeholder get?

NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins, all distributed with the genesis block.

Any questions?
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

How many coins will each stakeholder get?

NEM will have a maximum of 4 000 000 000 coins, all distributed with the genesis block.

Any questions?

Yes. What are you trying to say?

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:06:58 AM

Yes, I agree with everything. I'm in it for the long run. Like everyone else, I would love for our NEM to be successful and I am thankful for the great work that the devs have done and are doing. All I am saying is that nothing is perfect we can only make its better as we go. I know we want to get rid of the kinks and that is what's happening now. It's not like we've been rushing this development. I and like many other have been patiently waiting, so please don't thing that I'm trying to tell you guys to hurry it up. IM NOT AT ALL. I'm just saying 22nd should be final. Lets do it. This beta has been far better than anything out there already (it's not perfect, nothing is) but it will only get better from here. Smiley If I disrespected anybody then please accept my apology as it is not my intention. So I'm in whatever decision is best for our NEM. Cheers
I know you wernt saying to hurry up Smiley when I went to reply I didn't intend on going on that rant lol the post was directed and everyone and not you only.. I started off replying to you and just went off on a total tangent ha no need to apologize to anyone Wink you are right that we should stick to deadlines but of course there always times when they must be changed. Apologies if you thought I directed all that at you, that wasn't my intention. Just turned into a "changing room speech" I guess haha

(I was fairly drunk at the time) Roll Eyes

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:11:56 AM

I know you wernt saying to hurry up Smiley when I went to reply I didn't intend on going on that rant lol the post was directed and everyone and not you only.. I started off replying to you and just went off on a total tangent ha no need to apologize to anyone Wink you are right that we should stick to deadlines but of course there always times when they must be changed. Apologies if you thought I directed all that at you, that wasn't my intention. Just turned into a "changing room speech" I guess haha

(I was fairly drunk at the time) Roll Eyes

Typical Irishman then.... Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

@nembit56 I had a fealing someone would crack that one out. Ha did ya read about the Irish women in s.Korea that got told (in reply to an email application) that they don't want Irish cos we are all drunks and in a different place she got told (again by email) if she gets the job to lay off the drink during the week? Haha I had to chuckle at that.. The stereotype is so bad lol

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:58:00 AM

@nembit56 I had a fealing someone would crack that one out. Ha did ya read about the Irish women in s.Korea that got told (in reply to an email application) that they don't want Irish cos we are all drunks and in a different place she got told (again by email) if she gets the job to lay off the drink during the week? Haha I had to chuckle at that.. The stereotype is so bad lol

Yes, I did read that article but dont worry Im only just a wee bit bit behind you as I am a Scot....and I'll probably be a bit tipsy myself tonight as we are having guests and making a curry and the 2 bottles of white and 2 bottles of red WILL be consumed post haste... Grin Wink

okaynow

Activity: 546

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:07:54 PM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins

TaunSew, sorry to be so blunt, but why dont you go crap somewhere else?

You are refferring to a poll, where as of now ONLY 59 stakeholders OUT of MORE THAN 3000 asked for two times more coins.
There is no consensus for the 8 billion coins, you are creating a fake image.

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

59 out of 3000+ is not a majority.

Also, on the superstition front, please give me a brake, if they were afraid of numbers, WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DECIDE to become stakeholders WHEN THEY KNEW that 4billion was the way to go?
If they were afraid of the "death" number, why did they join in the first place, it doesn't make sense.

Did they know that the coin supply would change at the end?
Stop referring to "Asians" as a uniform piece of meat.

What this is, is the personal greed of certain vocal users. Not the consensus in the community, in any way.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:12:53 PM

https://forum.nemcoin.com is not just working for me or anyone else having the same problem?
nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:20:13 PM

What is technically going on here is actually appeasement of a minority opinion of stakeholders.   The sample poll was in favor of 8 billion coins

You are refferring to a poll, where as of now ONLY 59 stakeholders OUT of MORE THAN 3000 asked for two times more coins.

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

Also, on the superstition front, please give me a brake, if they were afraid of numbers, WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DECIDE to become stakeholders WHEN THEY KNEW that 4billion was the way to go?
If they were afraid of the "death" number, why did they join in the first place, it doesn't make sense.

What this is, is the personal greed of certain vocal users. Not the consensus in the community, in any way.

The thing is that we dont know what the other members think because they couldnt be bothered to vote.

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:21:55 PM

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

The thing is that we dont know what the other members think because they couldnt be bothered to vote.

Well, that doesn't mean that because 59 voted, they can take 3000 people along, does it?
From what i read on the "poll", NOT ENOUGH STAKEHOLDERS ACCEPTED the plan.
It means that the plan was shot down, from the people that either did not want to vote, or  did not have a chance.

In any case, the excuses that people have put forth so far for this change is kindergarden level.

nembit86

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:27:07 PM

EDIT: a poll YOU started on: October 18, 2014, 01:53:28 AM » and locked it on  October 25, 2014, 01:53:28 AM

Well, that doesn't mean that because 59 voted, they can take 3000 people along, does it?
It means that the plan was shot down, from the people that either did not want to vote, or had the time.

In any case, the excuses that people have put forth so far for this change is kindergarden level.

I dont think so.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:30:22 PM

It means that the plan was shot down, from the people that either did not want to vote, or had the time.

I dont think so.

They may not be kindergarden level but rational is something else in my book.
Each to his own...

okaynow

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:31:02 PM

I dont think so.

Yeahm well this is a free world wide web, you are free to try and use a reasonable argument, instead of
"59 people are the majority of the 3000 stakeholders"
or
"asians are afraid of numbers, at launch but not when they enter the IPO"

Pages: « 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 [443] 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: