Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
Blago

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:11:49 AM

[---]
Week of stats... 360 blocks per day, 2520 per week. 2500 points of data is not by any means a small pool.
[---]

Are you serious...?

That is a tiny pool a data; even a year of data wouldn't be enough to draw any definitive conclusions (and. yes, I know there are pseudo-scientist claiming the opposite but they are simply ignorant). Ofc you can be correct but that would be like winning the Euro-lotto: pure damn luck and nothing but that.

Sir you haven't taken any stats courses. Statistics is not a 'pseudoscience'. You don't have a chance on average of winning the lottery twice a day and then it doesn't happen 70% of the time for a week. Two times a day was based on peak network usage as well (17PB). A year worth of stats based on that would mean the calculator is essentially wrong at that point or something is seriously influencing your distribution.

Three days ago I found 5 blocks, the day after that I also found 5 blocks. Since then I haven't found any, and I haven't submitted any logs to Blago. Unless the logs you're submitting include your wallet passphrase, there is absolutely zero sensitive information in the log files - and if you're posting your passphrase anywhere you're a moron thats gets what they deserve.

And that's less then half a weeks worth of data. You also did not list your plot sizes so there is no way of knowing if two blocks is a lot or a little for you. Because finding all the passphrases in a 20MB txt file always happens and you're a 'moron' if you miss any part of it. Blago could easily split your passphrase up or use a cipher and there is no way of knowing if he didn't distribute it over the log file at that point.

It may not even have anything to do with the log files, he posts custom built .exes all over. He sent me a second one yesterday to try out, which at this point I'm going to decline, and there was another one in the thread a week ago, that fixes... something? There is more then one way to get a hold of sensitive information.

Your log files do not contain "secret" information (you deleted it).
The only thing that is clear of them - is the process of working miner, programs creates them just for that.
The source code of the program you can see https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst, you can see it, check and compile.

Now I'm working on a new version of the program as soon as the update the https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:55:31 AM

[---]
Week of stats... 360 blocks per day, 2520 per week. 2500 points of data is not by any means a small pool.
[---]

Are you serious...?

That is a tiny pool a data; even a year of data wouldn't be enough to draw any definitive conclusions (and. yes, I know there are pseudo-scientist claiming the opposite but they are simply ignorant). Ofc you can be correct but that would be like winning the Euro-lotto: pure damn luck and nothing but that.

Sir you haven't taken any stats courses. Statistics is not a 'pseudoscience'. You don't have a chance on average of winning the lottery twice a day and then it doesn't happen 70% of the time for a week. Two times a day was based on peak network usage as well (17PB). A year worth of stats based on that would mean the calculator is essentially wrong at that point or something is seriously influencing your distribution.

Three days ago I found 5 blocks, the day after that I also found 5 blocks. Since then I haven't found any, and I haven't submitted any logs to Blago. Unless the logs you're submitting include your wallet passphrase, there is absolutely zero sensitive information in the log files - and if you're posting your passphrase anywhere you're a moron thats gets what they deserve.

And that's less then half a weeks worth of data. You also did not list your plot sizes so there is no way of knowing if two blocks is a lot or a little for you. Because finding all the passphrases in a 20MB txt file always happens and you're a 'moron' if you miss any part of it. Blago could easily split your passphrase up or use a cipher and there is no way of knowing if he didn't distribute it over the log file at that point.

It may not even have anything to do with the log files, he posts custom built .exes all over. He sent me a second one yesterday to try out, which at this point I'm going to decline, and there was another one in the thread a week ago, that fixes... something? There is more then one way to get a hold of sensitive information.

Your log files do not contain "secret" information (you deleted it).
The only thing that is clear of them - is the process of working miner, programs creates them just for that.
The source code of the program you can see https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst, you can see it, check and compile.

Now I'm working on a new version of the program as soon as the update the https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst

only a side remark to information theory from my observer perspective without saying anyone does this currently.

if someone wants to leak data through unsensitive log files it is possible to code any information into regular looking log data.
without knowing the coding table it is impossible to detect that there is invisible information transfered.
for burst a really simple solution could be to use the blockheight as reference and then hide one byte of data within the additional information created for this block in the log.
a simple way would be to use 3 decimals on a percentage value which normally looks reliable for that block. this in combination with the blockheight and a secret coding table could transfer out almost any passphrase with log entries within less than a day of mining.
to hide it more you may split this between several number values or create a checksum based attempt.
in other words in crypto i personally can even not trust sourcecode i have personally reviewed (you may use a similar approach within sourcecode if you construct complex enough objects) but i have many coins and nothing happened so far.

bloodDiamond

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:18:00 AM

@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

if you have Hundreds of GPU,
your business model could be to plot for third part users...
 and to get paid for this!!!

Wink
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:53:27 AM

@FakeAccount

Considering matter in that way, I have hundreds of GPU, can plot more than 1000Tb/day.

Wink

Not an option. No demand on such service.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
bloodDiamond

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:12:06 PM

@FakeAccount

Wink

Not an option. No demand on such service.

perhaps because no one has yet proposed ...
or perhaps because no one can provide it!

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 01:25:57 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 03:05:56 PM by mmmaybe

[---]
[---]

Are you serious...?

Get back in a year.

I did, of course, not mean that statistics as such is pseudo, but everyone understanding stats are extremely careful drawing conclusions from small datasets (or even large...), bur you aren't. I've plenty of stats in my education, but what I do know you lack a deeper understanding of both statistics and very, very basic logic.

Get back in six months.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

Heh. I just discovered that I am somewhat of a BURST Whale ok maybe a Baby Whale Smiley  Come on guys don't let this knuckle-dragger outdo you!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:38:34 PM

How do I get the debugger to run the ATs?  The "Add AT" button seems to work, and I've dragged the assembly from the two examples into the resulting windows.  The "Run" etc. buttons are grayed out, and stay that way no matter what I've tried so far.  Advance block seems to have no effect, and anything I put in the "Balance" field gets zeroed out when I advance or undo the blockchain.  The "Send Tx" dialogs don't seem to do anything.  No errors are reported in the terminal I launch the debugger from, but there are some "Vector" messages, which I assume result from the assembly of the machine code.

Running on ubuntu trusty, with jdk1.8.0_25

Advance block will run ats if they should be run(sufficient balance, not in sleep status, etc). Run/step into/step over are controls for when it breaks mid-advance.

if you put a large number in balance and hit enter it should stick. (balances are represented as they are internally, so 1 coin is 100000000). send tx dialogue message field is optional and expects any input to be hex.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 03:58:08 PM

Is anyone using Blago's miner with vista 64 / windows 7?

I have two pc's and have tried it on both, but if running on either one all the
system ram 16GB gets eaten up and then it crashes, I can only get it to run
for about 20-40 mins.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere that it could be due to drive caching, not directly the miner itself.
Runarufu miner works well without ram issues, but wanted to compare performance.

kurairaito

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:35:53 PM

Hello,

Is there any way to open the wallet without writing the secret passphrase ? Like in "read only" mode?
As each action on the wallet need passphrase, it should not be a problem, and better, prevent keylogger utilisation to steal passphrase when there is no reason to write it.
fivebells

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Advance block will run ats if they should be run(sufficient balance, not in sleep status, etc). Run/step into/step over are controls for when it breaks mid-advance.

if you put a large number in balance and hit enter it should stick. (balances are represented as they are internally, so 1 coin is 100000000). send tx dialogue message field is optional and expects any input to be hex.

Thanks, hitting return in the Balance field was the key thing I was missing.
Trollollo

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:50:21 PM

Hello,

Is there any way to open the wallet without writing the secret passphrase ? Like in "read only" mode?
As each action on the wallet need passphrase, it should not be a problem, and better, prevent keylogger utilisation to steal passphrase when there is no reason to write it.

You can save your passphrase on email,or text file,and just copy/paste it Smiley

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 07:01:17 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 08:00:56 PM by crowetic

-[ANN of changes to ByteEnterprises' Pools]-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
notifications for new http://burst.ninja  (old burst.ga pool moved domains)

We have made some changes so that the miners on the pools will not notice any downtime.

We have also made changes to the payout system to rely more on the block finder, and we're working on a way to make things a little more beneficial for smaller miners.

We have made the new deadline for submission of shares 45 days instead of 30.

We have made minimum payouts 450 BURST.

We have done this based on suggestions of our miners, because we care. Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

notifications for beta pool (http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124)

We will be removing this pool to focus solely on one pool, making it the best, then if we eventually need to expand, will do so. For now, one pool is easier and better for everyone.

everyone mining on the pool should switch over to http://burst.ninja as soon as possible.

The beta pool will be taken offline in 3 days. Thank you for your contributions there, and the
50k bonus will be paid to burst.ninja pool.

So, in 3 days, beta pool off, and 100k bonus payout to ninja pool will happen shortly after that. Not exactly sure on date, but we're coding the new bonus distribution methods.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:18:47 PM

Fair decision, Crowetic  , moving all my accounts at burst.ninja today...
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

Fair decision, Crowetic  , moving all my accounts at burst.ninja today...

Would love to have you back. Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:47:55 PM

Hello,

You can save your passphrase on email,or text file,and just copy/paste it Smiley
as i already posted some month ago exactly this (to have the passphrase in a clipboard) is what i dislike most with the burst wallet.
for regular mining activity checks i switched totally to burstcoin.eu and to check asset trades i use random passphrases to log into my wallet.
only to do transfers i copy my passphrase into the clipboard.
basically it should be possible to create a "read only" wallet by modifying the java code but it may be simpler to create a dedicated webpage querying the api for specific accounts. i started to work on a mysql blockchain copy with indexes and a different data model behind but stopped my work on it cause there happens so much development which i want to wait for to include it.
each time i thought i could continue and be safe for a while a new feature was integrated into burst.

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:12:16 PM

Fair decision, Crowetic  , moving all my accounts at burst.ninja today...

Would love to have you back. Thanks!
TEchnically You allways had , they are in the beta pool Smiley

fivebells

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:55:41 PM

as i already posted some month ago exactly this (to have the passphrase in a clipboard) is what i dislike most with the burst wallet.

Use a passphrase manager like lastpass with 2FA.
fivebells

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 05:11:25 AM

Curious why my "thanks" message to jamoes was deleted.  Not complaining, just want to avoid objectionable content.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:20:00 AM

Hello,

for regular mining activity checks i switched totally to burstcoin.eu and to check asset trades i use random passphrases to log into my wallet.
only to do transfers i copy my passphrase into the clipboard.
basically it should be possible to create a "read only" wallet by modifying the java code but it may be simpler to create a dedicated webpage querying the api for specific accounts. i started to work on a mysql blockchain copy with indexes and a different data model behind but stopped my work on it cause there happens so much development which i want to wait for to include it.
each time i thought i could continue and be safe for a while a new feature was integrated into burst.

Why use the clipboard at all?
Use LastPass manager and you can switch between wallets without even needing to copy/paste pass phrases.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
Pages: « 1 ... 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 [922] 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: