Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
Turn0ff

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:03:11 PM

it is interesting to see that a 'dying' coin gets so much attention Smiley

That being said the invitation to join our slack still stands. I see some supporters of the whole slack idea here who still have not joined Smiley

My Slack idea was not the one implemented, but I of course wish that it develops into something great (and that I get some more time in the future to join).

If my memory serves me right Smiley

Why not have a "public" slack channel for Burst, where supporters can chat, exchange ideas, get feedback on their ideas and work for Burst, find collaborators - without being part of the dev-teams?

We provided such a slack. Hopefully, you do get the chance to join. As I repeat over and over again, we do read and listen to suggestions.

I'm haven't checked my posts but I'm pretty sure my idea was a channel within the dev-team's existing one, and if my memory serves me right someone kept nagging of prices and some 10K rule.  Wink I do hope devs really login to the public one too as you constructed it this way, and I do hope I've time to join you, perhaps already in July. Set your clock!  Grin

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:14:40 PM

---
Anyone who's not with me is against me.
---

Great that you are such a democrat  Grin

I'm against the idea (and you)  Cheesy

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:47:43 PM

---
---

Reminds me of George Bush's quote Smiley That would make him a Republican.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:02:16 AM

So, I got 17% here, we need 33% more.

Anyone who's not with me is against me. If the 51% is formed, all the others will be orphaned by us. More money for us.

But then again, why would a miner be against me? Maybe because he's also a bagholder. Fuck bagholders. They killed this coin

I'll just state right now that I'm 100% against you.

Bitladen is a Greedy Bastard, plain and simple!

He has some how manage to amass a fairly large amount of hardware but he doesn't give a shit about the coin or the project. He has dumped everything he has ever mined, check his wallet balances. It's all on the exchanges.

No person in their right mind should partner with this guy. He's trying to screw all of us even though we're all miners just like him.
Do not partner with this guy, if he is openly willing to screw us he will do the same to you.

I will personally be investing in more hardware to ensure he cannot take over.

For or against ... is not the question.

What is good for the coin would be.
To mine and get not even the power bill paid, is just donation to the coin.
And that is with the progress of the coins development overpaid! As many already noticed, we have outdated wallets for months. AT celebrates soon its first birthday and still not in the wallet. It CANNOT be that difficulty to add that! The Lottery is dead already, Crowdfunding not used anymore. Why the effort, if not needed?Huh

Why do we need a coin like that, when we do not use it? Nowhere you can spend your burst.

I get more and more friend with the idea of getting paid by difficulty. It sounds fair to me.

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:10:51 AM

---
---

Reminds me of George Bush's quote Smiley That would make him a Republican.

You're correct. Now I picture bitladen more as a cancerous John Wayne on a really tired camel.  Grin

('The Searchers' is a really good movie though)

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:33:41 AM

Changing the block reward would be unfair to anyone who made decisions based on the stated supply and distribution schedule. Nothing is perfectly distributed, but I don't really see it being that bad. Excluding the stuff we can't tell apart sitting in exchanges, the next highest address has a little over 2%. I don't see adding more coins which will probably just end up flooding the market being a solution for anything. Theres a lot of things I would have done differently in retrospect but I don't think block reward is one of them.

And coin dying would be more fair? Where are these people you talk about? Let's talk to them see what they think.

I think increasing rewards is better than coin dying completely. I'm not making a threat here. Coin is dying right now, and I haven't got anything to do with this. I still have 16m burst or so, I actually kept most of the coin.

Let's talk to these holders, I hereby invite them to post something on this thread

I think that changing the basic rules of the coin is very bad, everybody bought into this given the original settings, and they (at least I) trust that the coin was NOT like some government run fiat currency where they change the rules on you all the time.

I suggest you make a copy of BURST and set the settings differently, then the best one will win out in the end, or they will both thrive, serving different needs.

Agree. Changing emission and especially total coins is akin to violating a contract.
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:00:19 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 04:54:44 AM by Irontiga

IMO Changing coin circulation is a bad idea. That's all I have to say on that. Bitladen is obviously NOT an idiot, he's a pretty darn clever person. I disagree with him on a lit of things, but there is one thing I do agree with him on, and that's bounties for development, and the bag holders. Seriously, BurstDev has put in hundreds of hours, and all you miners give him nothing, apart from crap when he's a little silent. Now why not rather support BurstDev, and perhaps other devs(if bitladen wrote us some code and burstdev reviewed it and we paid him a fair price, well, why not?).

Also, callmejack's idea f the messenger, well, mczarnek and i have been discussing the options for that for a long time, and have come up with some pretty decent ideas, although there are still some flaws. I think also, that instead of trying to store stuff in our plots, we should build, like callmejack said, some sort of service which allows you to use burst to buy cloud storage. This would be like storj using the mastercoin network for it's actual coins. This would allow those with bandwidth and storage to get burst by renting out cloud space, and then those who would rather not spend their bandwidth(your average home user) could just mine burst, securing the network. Also, it would be auto switching for those who want to use their bandwidth, if there is not demand for cloud storage, they just mine burst.

In this way i believe burst would be able to easily overtake storj, sia, and maidsafe, seeing as it has so many other awesome features. Not, I only have about 2 million burst, but I would be willing to give a QUARTER of that for this to be implemented, that's 500k burst. Now, all you other bagholders, why wouldn't you do the same? We could easy raise 20 + mill burst for it and get it done!

So, let's go get storj and maidsafe! I would also give 150k burst for a bounty for decentralized irc.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:44:34 AM

Changing the block reward would be unfair to anyone who made decisions based on the stated supply and distribution schedule. Nothing is perfectly distributed, but I don't really see it being that bad. Excluding the stuff we can't tell apart sitting in exchanges, the next highest address has a little over 2%. I don't see adding more coins which will probably just end up flooding the market being a solution for anything. Theres a lot of things I would have done differently in retrospect but I don't think block reward is one of them.

And coin dying would be more fair? Where are these people you talk about? Let's talk to them see what they think.

I think increasing rewards is better than coin dying completely. I'm not making a threat here. Coin is dying right now, and I haven't got anything to do with this. I still have 16m burst or so, I actually kept most of the coin.

Let's talk to these holders, I hereby invite them to post something on this thread

I think that changing the basic rules of the coin is very bad, everybody bought into this given the original settings, and they (at least I) trust that the coin was NOT like some government run fiat currency where they change the rules on you all the time.

I suggest you make a copy of BURST and set the settings differently, then the best one will win out in the end, or they will both thrive, serving different needs.

I agree completely.  While I'm not in love with the reward system, changing it any way would completely cheat every person who's invested in this coin.  You might as well just create a new coin if you're going to change the reward system after this long.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:26:27 AM

IMO Changing coin circulation is a bad idea. That's all I have to say on that. Bitladen is obviously NOT an idiot, he's a pretty darn clever person. I disagree with him on a lit of things, but there is one thing I do agree with him on, and that's bounties for development, and the bag holders. Seriously, BurstDev has put in hundreds of hours, and all you miners give him nothing, apart from crap when he's a little silent. Now why not rather support BurstDev, and perhaps other devs(if bitladen wrote us some code and burstdev reviewed it and we paid him a fair price, well, why not?).

Also, callmejack's idea f the messenger, well, mczarnek and i have been discussing the options for that for a long time, and have come up with some pretty decent ideas, although there are still some flaws. I actually did read his posts, which i will do now. I think also, that instead of trying to store stuff in our plots, we should build, like callmejack said, some sort of service which allows you to use burst to buy cloud storage. This would be like storj using the mastercoin network for it's actual coins. This would allow those with bandwidth and storage to get burst by renting out cloud space, and then those who would rather not spend their bandwidth(your average home user) could just mine burst, securing the network. Also, it would be auto switching for those who want to use their bandwidth, if there is not demand for cloud storage, they just mine burst.

In this way i believe burst would be able to easily overtake storj, sia, and maidsafe, seeing as it has so many other awesome features. Not, I only have about 2 million burst, but I would be willing to give a QUARTER of that for this to be implemented, that's 500k burst. Now, all you other bagholders, why wouldn't you do the same? We could easy raise 20 + mill burst for it and get it done!

So, let's go get storj and maidsafe! I would also give 150k burst for a bounty for decentralized irc.
Actually the decentralized storage platform got huge interest in SIA. This is something that Burst should have done long time before ,I believe. I'm strongly for such development either..
EDIT: and will donate for it too...
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:20:39 AM

Miners are paid by transaction fee. The more transactions, the more money for the miners.  The distribution phase pays the miners extra, but that is just to get the coin out there on many hands. If you think your mining operation doesn't make you enough money, sell some of the disks, see the reward go up by difficulty coming down, and make more on the remainder of your disks.

or fund development of new features that generate more transactions

inflation is the silliest thing ever. It makes it expensive to use BURST as a store of value. I would get out of burst at once if it had inflation. Inflation is the miners stealing money out of the pocket of all the ordinary users of BURST
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:04:20 AM

I think you need a lot more than 51% diskspace before you successfully can do anything - and you would need to keep that capacity for a long period of time.

Anyway, should you succeed, burst would probably just be released in a new version that discards your fork, and that version would be the old burst witout the attackers.   The attackers can then release another version, and keep their fork going with that. Basically BURST would've split into two, and miners and users would have to choose what to mine and use.
LOL, what stops me from forking your new chain then? And with mining compromised, how do you determine which chain is the right chain?  Frankly, you have no idea of what you're talking about. Cryptocoins heavily depend on mining, there's no going around it.

So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:31:19 AM

New updates coming and pump is inevitable ... Smiley.

i hate pump!!!
the pump is inevitably followed by dump!!!
and this is bad for burst ecosystem!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Takeshi_Kovacs

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:24:52 AM

Also, callmejack's idea f the messenger, well, mczarnek and i have been discussing the options for that for a long time, and have come up with some pretty decent ideas, although there are still some flaws. I think also, that instead of trying to store stuff in our plots, we should build, like callmejack said, some sort of service which allows you to use burst to buy cloud storage. This would be like storj using the mastercoin network for it's actual coins. This would allow those with bandwidth and storage to get burst by renting out cloud space, and then those who would rather not spend their bandwidth(your average home user) could just mine burst, securing the network. Also, it would be auto switching for those who want to use their bandwidth, if there is not demand for cloud storage, they just mine burst.

That must be the best idea yet for promoting Burst into something that is used in the real world and that will give Burst purpose, utility and value.

If you look at the model offered by Maidsafe and others, they do not offer a promise to use all of your storage, all that they have is a proposal to allow a capacity farmer to get paid for some proportion of offered capacity. If I pointed all of my available storage at Maidsafe, how much could I actually monetise? 5%? 10%? I would still want to do something else with the remaining space - I would use it for Burst.

Suppose that I can dedicate 40TB to the network and Burst offers me the chance to have plots or to sell storage space as the demand for space grows. As I get deals to store data for other people I can delete plots to make way and then, if demand for storage drops, I can replot for mining.

If you had such a system,you could use some of the features of burst to good effect. Smart Contracts/Automated Transactions could be setup to ensure that good faith actions would always be rewarded and anyone trying to game the system by failing to store data as contracted or by trying to avoid paying for storage if they did not need to retrieve data would be penalized. I have a design for a scheme that would achieve this in a framework of smart contracts and automatic transactions.

Best to discuss detail away from the forum as it would involve intricate discussions of crypto methods that would be arcane and irrelevant to most folks.

I'd be willing to pitch in with development on this if it would help burst.

bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:29:08 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 10:09:03 AM by bitladen

So how exactly would you do a 51% attack on burstcoin, given that it is coded from the ground up totally independent of the bitcoin code. There are some things that are different enough that the 51% attack needs to be quite a bit different. Do a walkthrough with 10 nodes for instance..

Let us know that you have the technical knowhow, and is not just trolling, trying to scare people into selling their burst before you pump and dump it.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. It's actually easier to do it with burst, since you get the benefit of knowing the deadline.
But why would I have explain myself to you? I have 17% of the mining power. Need I say more?

But if you do want to talk to me, you need to qualify.
Do you have some 100s of TBs mining?
Do you hold more than 5 milion burst?

I really want to talk to these people. If so, PM me.
Other people, I'm really not interested in wasting time with.

bitladen

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

Why don't you guys start some crowdfundings.

Say, let's give BurstDev and the other people who developed this some 100 million burst for all their work.  
I think that would be fair.

Launch other crowdfunds too, like the one for mixer that I suggested.
Or other interesting things.

Since I hold about 16M (or something like that) I will contribute with 1.8% to any of these crowdfundings.

Why do these people baghold on their burst. They can't possibly ever sell even half of it at the kind of volume this coin has. Why not give to developers? And for that matter, why not give more to miners.
In either case, I like the idea.
Just don't bag hold. At least fuckin pump. Or at least dump!! Alright. If everybody just sits on their coins waiting to become millionaires in the future, guess what: It's not happening!   You have to either pump (i.e. put buy orders) or spend your coin somehow: either donate, increase rewards or just dump.

I think what I'm saying is pretty much proven, I keep saying this since I first shown up in here, and the market has only proven me right all this time

So if anybody knows how to use crowdfundings, please make a tutorial somewhere and launch some as well. Burst has this feature, let's use it.

bitladen

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:45:25 AM

I agree completely.  While I'm not in love with the reward system, changing it any way would completely cheat every person who's invested in this coin.  You might as well just create a new coin if you're going to change the reward system after this long.

Unless they agree! Why wouldn't they agree. Burst is going to hell right now. I want to talk some sense into these people. Where are they? Please, if you are a bagholder, post on this thread.

If they don't even bother to talk to us, it kinda means they are ok with whatever we decide.

And why are you so concerned about others? Do you hold burst or not?

bitladen

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:49:40 AM

So, I got 17% here, we need 33% more.

Anyone who's not with me is against me. If the 51% is formed, all the others will be orphaned by us. More money for us.

But then again, why would a miner be against me? Maybe because he's also a bagholder. Fuck bagholders. They killed this coin

I'll just state right now that I'm 100% against you.

Bitladen is a Greedy Bastard, plain and simple!

He has some how manage to amass a fairly large amount of hardware but he doesn't give a shit about the coin or the project. He has dumped everything he has ever mined, check his wallet balances. It's all on the exchanges.

No person in their right mind should partner with this guy. He's trying to screw all of us even though we're all miners just like him.
Do not partner with this guy, if he is openly willing to screw us he will do the same to you.

I will personally be investing in more hardware to ensure he cannot take over.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON.
I have indeed transferred the burst to exchanges, but this does not prove that I have dumped it.

If all of you idiots who actually think I dumped it all are going to publicly admit here on this forum that you are  complete  fuckin imbeciles, just post, here, I will publish my address and prove that it's mine.

BUT after that, all of you have to make a nice post, explaining how retared you really are. We need to make that point.
It's like why am I even talking to you? You are complete retards, you don't deserve my time.

Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 10:20:05 AM

I believe the coin needs external funding for devs and PR. As I've suggested, create a business plan and do a traditional CF based on that.

Or use the business plan to approach venture capital and start-up supporters. I can help to create a contact list of VCs, but the dev-team need to write the business plan/roadmap.

For internal funding targets, presentations of Burst on conferences are also important.

Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Why don't you guys start some crowdfundings.

Say, let's give BurstDev and the other people who developed this some 100 million burst for all their work.  
I think that would be fair.

Launch other crowdfunds too, like the one for mixer that I suggested.
Or other interesting things.

Since I hold about 16M (or something like that) I will contribute with 1.8% to any of these crowdfundings.

Why do these people baghold on their burst. They can't possibly ever sell even half of it at the kind of volume this coin has. Why not give to developers? And for that matter, why not give more to miners.
In either case, I like the idea.
Just don't bag hold. At least fuckin pump. Or at least dump!! Alright. If everybody just sits on their coins waiting to become millionaires in the future, guess what: It's not happening!   You have to either pump (i.e. put buy orders) or spend your coin somehow: either donate, increase rewards or just dump.

I think what I'm saying is pretty much proven, I keep saying this since I first shown up in here, and the market has only proven me right all this time

So if anybody knows how to use crowdfundings, please make a tutorial somewhere and launch some as well. Burst has this feature, let's use it.

I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
bitladen

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:34:39 AM

I think it would be nice if you would do the crowdfunding, since you put in already 10%. If you get it funded, then you can decide if you want to program by yourself or supervise it.

Here you can read about how to set it up: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/crowdfunding-what-case-should-we-do-and-how-do-you-contribute.602/

You know what? I think I'll actually do this.
I'll start one for the mixer.

And what's the Dev's address, so I can start another one for Dev?

Pages: « 1 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: