Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312248 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

Sure. But unless you have a huge quantity of coins to sell, you cannot force it down by more than a few 0.00001s.

My interpretation on the situation is that it does make sense for latent buyers to buy because there is little to gain even from huge dumps (except if you arrange your buys as bid walls that the others have also done, aggravating the bid/ask imbalance). By waiting you win very little even if you are right. The walls are very real, nothing has been pulled during the downtrend.

I remember when 0.00334 was being defended with huge walls, after bouncing from that area many times. A huge dump ensued, taking it down to 0.00290 (lowest daily average was 0.00305, this is a better measure if you actually needed to try to buy that low). So a gain of less than 10% for the patient waiters.

If we just scale the numbers, the dump case now would be that 50k XMR get sold quickly to force the price from 0.00394 to 0.00342 as its lowest point, but the average for the lowest day would be 0.00360. This would scale very well with the ascending lows trend of 175-231-290-342, so would not be an impossible outcome (quite probable, actually) but also in no way "bad". Remember - it's only -10%, and nobody compels you to sell at a loss! Smiley

The upside is much more than 10%, and the resistance to get there is much smaller. I give this scenario a higher percentage as a result.

A shameless repost, I think this was a good analysis and would like to hear comments.
Don't think it's a good analysis. We have been up and visisted 0.005 at least 2 times now on the shorter time frame, 4 times on the larger one. The big holders of XMR have already had their chance to sell.

There is nothing alarming that would make anyone sell now. Frankly I think it's just daytraders selling, a lot of small fishes, trading in order to increase their XMR holdings.

Am I so unclear that you interpret my post as an:
- exhortation to sell?
- analysis that a dump is likely?

I have bolded the relevant parts, that in my opinion (and intention) support the view that despite there is a large but below 50% chance that we are sold into, it is still profitable to buy.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:11:09 PM

The funny thing about it is that no one of us is actively trading our holdings, so we are not contributing to any bottoms forming. It might be just that we are the only ones that provide serious leadership about trading without daytrading ourself, and the market follows it.

Let's see if I can call a top occurring in October, I say the top here will be 0.037.

The reasoning is that we must form a top that is greater than Darkcoins top. If we do so, the market have chosen the definite anonymity coin.
Darkcoins peak was 0.027, if we go up above 0.027 the excitement will take us over 0.03.

Skinnkavaj

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:17:02 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:27:21 PM by Skinnkavaj

Possible break out scenarios:
GUI wallet interface released by dev team.
Cryptsy ads XMR to their exchange. (Rumour)
Open Bazaar is modified to work with Monero.
A decent online wallet is released.  

vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

The funny thing about it is that no one of us is actively trading our holdings, so we are not contributing to any bottoms forming. It might be just that we are the only ones that provide serious leadership about trading without daytrading ourself, and the market follows it.

Let's see if I can call a top occurring in October, I say the top here will be 0.037.

The reasoning is that we must form a top that is greater than Darkcoins top. If we do so, the market have chosen the definite anonymity coin.
Darkcoins peak was 0.027, if we go up above 0.027 the excitement will take us over 0.03.

9+x return in less than 60 days?  That is a bold call.
Skinnkavaj

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:19:01 PM

9+x return in less than 60 days?  That is a bold call.
It's the altcoin market. Crazier things have happened before.
See my possible break out scenarious mentioned above.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:22:05 PM

9+x return in less than 60 days?  That is a bold call.
It's the altcoin market. Crazier things have happened before.
See my possible break out scenarious mentioned above.

No i prefer to see it double in 60 days than seeing it 9 times up. So big bubbles are bad. After all darkcoin is irrelevant as an anonymous coin anymore and when monero doubles its price it will be above darkcoin anyway...
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

Does anyone use cryptsy?  I guess for the alts everyone else has delisted.

GUI before DB would be a mistake, IMO. 

I would hope I would have heard about it if OpenBazaar work for XMR was close to ready.

That leaves online wallet.  That could happen in a week or two, yes.

But you forgot gambling sites.  That could happen soonest.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

What i prefer is that price will not go under 0.0035 this month, and not under 0.004 in October, and not under 0.0045 in December and in January not under 0.005.
I am lucky guy, since there is huge chance, what i prefer will happen.   Grin
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:03:24 PM

Sure. But unless you have a huge quantity of coins to sell, you cannot force it down by more than a few 0.00001s.

My interpretation on the situation is that it does make sense for latent buyers to buy because there is little to gain even from huge dumps (except if you arrange your buys as bid walls that the others have also done, aggravating the bid/ask imbalance). By waiting you win very little even if you are right. The walls are very real, nothing has been pulled during the downtrend.

I remember when 0.00334 was being defended with huge walls, after bouncing from that area many times. A huge dump ensued, taking it down to 0.00290 (lowest daily average was 0.00305, this is a better measure if you actually needed to try to buy that low). So a gain of less than 10% for the patient waiters.

If we just scale the numbers, the dump case now would be that 50k XMR get sold quickly to force the price from 0.00394 to 0.00342 as its lowest point, but the average for the lowest day would be 0.00360. This would scale very well with the ascending lows trend of 175-231-290-342, so would not be an impossible outcome (quite probable, actually) but also in no way "bad". Remember - it's only -10%, and nobody compels you to sell at a loss! Smiley

The upside is much more than 10%, and the resistance to get there is much smaller. I give this scenario a higher percentage as a result.

A shameless repost, I think this was a good analysis and would like to hear comments.

In general I agree with this analysis. Until there are some fundamental developments (database, GUI) completed that enable the flood of new users unwilling to tinker with Monero in its current state, price will continue to oscillate making higher lows each time.

I suspect the 0.004 level will hold for this week and then buy support will erode to sub 300 BTC, slowly dropping to around 0.00365. We will see the XMR ask sum around the low of 160,000 and that will be the sign it is time to go up again.

With that being said, there have been no missives for a couple weeks - this could mean devs are just busy or perhaps they are close to reaching some big milestone and delaying the next missive until complete. I have no idea, but I am not selling any XMR right now.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:23:01 PM

I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:24:42 PM

I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ...
Skinnkavaj

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:25:59 PM

Possible. But I don't think btc-e will ever add any more coins. Happy to be wrong on that subject though. 

I say more likely Bitfinex dumps DRK and add XMR.
Now that would be fun.  Cheesy

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:31:54 PM

There are still a lot of whales on cryptsy, adding XMR  would boost up price and volume. For example see the dogecoin volume, which is around 50-100k a day.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:51:31 PM

There are still a lot of whales on cryptsy, adding XMR  would boost up price and volume. For example see the dogecoin volume, which is around 50-100k a day.

Total traded BTC volume on a daily basis...BTC-e blows cryptsy out of the water.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Total traded BTC volume on a daily basis...BTC-e blows cryptsy out of the water.

Yeah I totally agree on that, but my point was adding it to cryptsy would also do monero good. I described it wrong in my previous post, sorry for that! Personally I think that would take a long time for btc-e to add XMR, they first need to delist some coins which barely have volume.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ...

smoothie...master of understatement!   Cheesy

Craptsy is only good for trading your bag of Shitcoins for other Shitcoins (like Diamond and Sync, for example).

Listing on BTC-E would enable Monero-fiat (dollar/euro/ruble/yuan) trading, which would catalyze Gresham's Law and drive market cap up towards the moon.

Just wait until the oligarchs figure out how much safer from Putin/FATCA their loot will be when they hlod it in Monero!   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:24:06 PM

Dmitry has stated that btc-e is very much against premine, when asked why no new coins are being added he stated: "all new coins with premine Sad"

Somebody who speaks russian may be able to convince him about monero. I speculate that btc-e may also prefer to own a seisable stash of whatever currency they add. That may be more of a difficult feat. I have some vague memory of something like FTC devs paying a huge chunk of coins to get it added, but in another case btc-e ended up doing a proof of burn after accusations of recieving coins (maybe that was TRC or nova?). Don't quote me on that, maybe somebody else remembers better.

Monero being added to btc-e would definitivly take the price and volume to a new level, likely beyond LTC.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:26:46 PM

Dmitry has stated that btc-e is very much against premine, when asked why no new coins are being added he stated: "all new coins with premine Sad"

Somebody who speaks russian may be able to convince him about monero. I speculate that btc-e may also prefer to own a seisable stash of whatever currency they add. That may be more of a difficult feat. I have some vague memory of something like FTC devs paying a huge chunk of coins to get it added, but in another case btc-e ended up doing a proof of burn after accusations of recieving coins (maybe that was TRC or nova?). Don't quote me on that, maybe somebody else remembers better.

I think it was TRC NVC but in any case. How do the developers give a huge chunk of coins without a premine (or instamine or some other scam)? I don't get it. About the only way I can think of other than the developers being independently wealthy would be if the coin went zombie for a while and no one other than the developers was bothering to mine it. That seems like a small target market. Perhaps that explains why they don't add too many coins.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:44:45 PM

Monero being added to btc-e would definitivly take the price and volume to a new level, likely beyond LTC.

We're supposed to hold off on the marketing blitz until the database and wallet are done-ish.

Then we'll commission a spiel for exchanges ("zomg look how much btc/xmr volume already and just imagine the fiat pairs...!") and translate it for the hardworking prosperous BRICs and lazy heathen PIIGS.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:53:16 PM

Breakout?

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: