Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:49:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:06:55 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I have created a service for live monitoring of monero price: http://moneromarkets.com/

Its faster than the poloniex-site. Only supports poloniex today, but will add others if anyone requests it.

This good, having a faster way of seeing the current price is one of the features I was going to push towards, though your 6 hour chart doesn't seem to be working for me.

It works fine on Chrome, Firefox, iPad and iPhone, though Internet Explorer 11 causes the recent orders chart to display incorrectly.

Will you add the numbers to show how much volume it is that the volume bars represent?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
znaky

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:17:16 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I have created a service for live monitoring of monero price: http://moneromarkets.com/

Its faster than the poloniex-site. Only supports poloniex today, but will add others if anyone requests it.

This good, having a faster way of seeing the current price is one of the features I was going to push towards, though your 6 hour chart doesn't seem to be working for me.

It works fine on Chrome, Firefox, iPad and iPhone, though Internet Explorer 11 causes the recent orders chart to display incorrectly.

Will you add the numbers to show how much volume it is that the volume bars represent?

Yes will add that. Please let me know if you have more feature requests. I put a first version with a minimum of features so that I only implement features that's usable to people.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:35:12 PM

down we go, where is the buy support, where are the walls ?  Undecided
hard times for xmr holders, good time to buy i think if u have fiat

BBR Buy Orders: 230 BTC
XMR Buy Orders: 145 BTC

WTF.  Has this ever happened before?

Because BBR is backed by the master scammer JL777 or whatever is his nick.

Don't, please.

I like to think of XMR and BBR as "brother" coins. Some amount of rivalry is fine, but slander isn't the way to go.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 02:51:02 PM

Hi,

Yes will add that. Please let me know if you have more feature requests. I put a first version with a minimum of features so that I only implement features that's usable to people.

It is a great start.  I suspect most of the things I'd look for are already in your plans.  (settings for bar width other than 6 hours, start-end date for historical views, order book depth, etc)

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:25:36 PM

down we go, where is the buy support, where are the walls ?  Undecided
hard times for xmr holders, good time to buy i think if u have fiat

BBR Buy Orders: 230 BTC
XMR Buy Orders: 145 BTC

WTF.  Has this ever happened before?

Because BBR is backed by the master scammer JL777 or whatever is his nick.

Don't, please.

I like to think of XMR and BBR as "brother" coins. Some amount of rivalry is fine, but slander isn't the way to go.

haha Smiley where are these friendly words when Risto is attacked for backing XMR?

jl777 told me he used to own 1% of all xmr but dumped it all for bbr because he disliked the XMR community, he is now a man wanted by law for his fraudulent schemes

major BBR holder is an anonymous scammer.

no one knows who BBR dev is and 1% of coins goes to him, plus its marketing campaign and major supporters bash Monero on regular basis, its sickening

things do not look good for BBR.

there goes your brotherly coins.

he is now a man wanted by law

you're a liar and have lost credibility.

has anyone noticed 50btc down to 250 on the order books?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

Let's keep the discussion of personalities and other coins to a minimum unless there is a direct tie-in to Monero speculation
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Hi,

You could add HitBtc, since there is 30% of Moneros traded. I wonder if you could combine them together? That would cover 80-90% volume.

About price all says Sunday is best day for buying alts. And Monero always proved worse at beginning of month.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:59:22 PM

Let's keep the discussion of personalities and other coins to a minimum unless there is a direct tie-in to Monero speculation

XMR and BBR are substitute goods.  Discussing one without the other is like discussing platinum while ignoring palladium:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:05:34 PM

XMR and BBR are substitute goods.  Discussing one without the other is like discussing platinum while ignoring palladium:

That sort of analysis is relevant and fine as long a it doesn't get repetitive (support via evidence from the markets would make it even better). Accusations of some person somewhat associated with another coin being a criminal are too far afield, at least until and unless it becomes more than baseless speculation
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:47:41 AM

Overall, I would keep the mentioning of coins that are and belong to further than TOP-30 at a minimum. Not only this is a Monero thread, but also any mention of shitcoins, scamcoins, copycoins, p&d-coins, and fly-by-night coins may make some people buy into them, even with a small amount, and thus perpetuate their existence.

PLEASE, I come to Monero threads to get to speak about Monero. Just that other coins exist is not a reason to let them be discussed here.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
robinwilliams

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:37:27 PM

To be discredited to a clown troll like you is a honor, I would feel ashamed if you agreed with me, as it goes against your trollgenda.

now go give money jl777 his 2mm USD are not enough, he now needs to hide in Cambodia for the rest of his life.

I've seen you present no evidence about jl777.  Unless you bring evidence to the table that someone is a thief when making an accusation (especially a high profile name) - you are simply a clown.  I dislike Jl777 & supernet to the highest degree.  But I don't baselessly accuse without any evidence. 

Has anyone noticed that XMR seems poised to take a dramatic down or upturn?  Any volume seems to move it alot.  A 30btch buy or dump would significantly move the needle.  I can't help but think it's poised to drop into the low 20's or back into the mid 30's.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:30:13 PM

To be discredited to a clown troll like you is a honor, I would feel ashamed if you agreed with me, as it goes against your trollgenda.

now go give money jl777 his 2mm USD are not enough, he now needs to hide in Cambodia for the rest of his life.

I've seen you present no evidence about jl777.  Unless you bring evidence to the table that someone is a thief when making an accusation (especially a high profile name) - you are simply a clown.  I dislike Jl777 & supernet to the highest degree.  But I don't baselessly accuse without any evidence. 

Has anyone noticed that XMR seems poised to take a dramatic down or upturn?  Any volume seems to move it alot.  A 30btch buy or dump would significantly move the needle.  I can't help but think it's poised to drop into the low 20's or back into the mid 30's.

It's Cryptsy's next project. New Exchange Syndrome could see it rise for an all time high, if not the high 0.0090s.

Unlikely to go down now. There would need to be a good reason for it to do so.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:40:28 PM

The mechanism for going down requires everybody to simultaneously decide that the current level is too high. If there is even one who thinks otherwise, it does not go down.

Going up is much different. A few, even just one, people deciding to buy, make it go up.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
robinwilliams

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:48:08 PM

The mechanism for going down requires everybody to simultaneously decide that the current level is too high. If there is even one who thinks otherwise, it does not go down.

Going up is much different. A few, even just one, people deciding to buy, make it go up.

Actually not sure this is quite the case.  One sell of 35 bitcoins would bring us down significantly last time I saw.

Depending on one persons financial status & their confidence in bitcoin this could cause a significant discount to curernt prices.
freebud

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:03:46 PM

I can't believe you really think that..
I perceive most of real XMR supporters as quite intelligent, and you being the executive of MEW should think a bit longer before writing nonsense.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:19:03 PM

I perceive most of real XMR supporters as quite intelligent, and you being the executive of MEW should think a bit longer before writing nonsense.

There is some truth to it given that the mechanism for mining set up something like a continuous auction where everyone (including the original miner) bids for each block. In that sense I would slightly disagree with the original comment. There need to be two people who agree with a price in order to sustain it, not just one, because otherwise the high bidder can bid less and still win.

DogeMajestic

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:22:42 PM

@smooth

are you developer or support & PR manager of monero?

you seem to post here 10+ hours a day. when is time to code left in between all that support and pr?

any ETA on the Monero GUI? ty!

Don't accept the scams
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

@smooth

are you developer or support & PR manager of monero?

you seem to post here 10+ hours a day. when is time to code left in between all that support and pr?

I only sleep a few hours a day and I often multitask between doing other work (both Monero and non-Monero related). I have a large multimonitor setup so I can many windows open and switch between them frequently. Some of my posts are from mobile too.

any ETA on the Monero GUI? ty!

There should be an announcement on this fairly soon.

freebud

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:31:17 PM

There is some truth to it given that the mechanism for mining set up something like a continuous auction where everyone (including the original miner) bids for each block. In that sense I would slightly disagree with the original comment. There need to be two people who agree with a price in order to sustain it, not just one, because otherwise the high bidder can bid less and still win.

Most of the coins are not in the hands of miners, and I think the market mechanics are quite detached from what you are suggesting. Risto can decide alone that he doesn't like Monero anymore, and cash out. Good luck to all of us thinking the current price is fair..  
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

Most of the coins are not in the hands of miners, and I think the market mechanics are quite detached from what you are suggesting. Risto can decide alone that he doesn't like Monero anymore, and cash out. Good luck to all of us thinking the current price is fair.. 

I disagree for this reason. As long as the continuous auction is going on, it is a price setting process and other trading must agree with it, since you can't have more than one market price in the same market at the same time. What may happen is if that Risto decides he doesn't like Monero, that decision and actions he may subsequently take based on that decision may in turn convince everyone (or all but one person) that a lower price is more appropriate. But as long as two people steadfastly believe the price should be X, then the price will be at least X.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: