Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 07:37:36 PM

The question is, whens the dump?

edited to add: oh, there's only 1000 xmr earned so far.

And why the address is blurred out is beyond me. Maybe that wasn't by the AV company but from someone else.

You assume this particular black hat is smart enough to design a Linux malware (impressive AF already) and have it mine Monero of all things vs more profitable coins (means he/she/ze knows exactly what makes Monero superior) and yet has no faith in Monero as a long term store of value. 

I find that unlikely. 

Dude, there aren't any other CPU-mineable profitable coins.... are there?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:04:25 PM

Understanding Monero Cryptography, Privacy Part 2 -- Stealth Addresses

https://steemit.com/monero/@luigi1111/understanding-monero-cryptography-privacy-part-2-stealth-addresses

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:44:09 PM

I had a little chat with McAfee.  He seemed to have some mistaken ideas about XMR.  I provided enough info and links so that he can correct any misinformation, if he chooses to do diligence.  Heck I would take the time to spoon-feed him , if he had any reason not to think me a typical crypto scanner - but he doesn't, so there's no point in that.  I hope he gets a more realistic and nuanced picture of the issues, because I think he will become a stalwart. XMR-maximalist, if he does.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:45:08 PM

The question is, whens the dump?

edited to add: oh, there's only 1000 xmr earned so far.

And why the address is blurred out is beyond me. Maybe that wasn't by the AV company but from someone else.

You assume this particular black hat is smart enough to design a Linux malware (impressive AF already) and have it mine Monero of all things vs more profitable coins (means he/she/ze knows exactly what makes Monero superior) and yet has no faith in Monero as a long term store of value. 

I find that unlikely. 

Dude, there aren't any other CPU-mineable profitable coins.... are there?

Both of your arguments might be beside the point. Bitcoin is the least risky crypto to hold onto right now, and I certainly wouldn't fault this individual for converting the XMR to XBT. Plenty of crypto experts are aware of Monero's advantages in privacy tech, but that doesn't mean they're betting on Monero's future.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:33:45 AM

I had a little chat with McAfee.  He seemed to have some mistaken ideas about XMR.  I provided enough info and links so that he can correct any misinformation, if he chooses to do diligence.  Heck I would take the time to spoon-feed him , if he had any reason not to think me a typical crypto scanner - but he doesn't, so there's no point in that.  I hope he gets a more realistic and nuanced picture of the issues, because I think he will become a stalwart. XMR-maximalist, if he does.

I know his company was buying Dash recently, so they are interested in privacy crypto - I think he may have just been mislead as to the ideal form of that.  As well, I'm a big fan of his new security company $MGT.  

I've already reached out to Voorhees and Ver on multiple occasions (who crypto-advise for his company), and they have said they will 'look into it'.  Honestly these two seem way too smart to be taken in by Dash's pyramid scheme and insta-mine fraud, so I would hope they would be advising to stay away from that nonsense.  

John McAfee, if you're reading this, I'm not a computer science expert - just an enthusiast who has been reading about and studying this stuff for years.  If you have any questions, or want to chat with a real non-anon person about it, you are welcome to PM me here or on Reddit (same user name, /u/americanpegasus) with any questions or comments you have.  If I don't know the answer, I can steer you to people who do.  Any conversation, or even the fact that we had a conversation doesn't need to be public knowledge.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:49:57 AM

I had a little chat with McAfee.  He seemed to have some mistaken ideas about XMR.  I provided enough info and links so that he can correct any misinformation, if he chooses to do diligence.  Heck I would take the time to spoon-feed him , if he had any reason not to think me a typical crypto scanner - but he doesn't, so there's no point in that.  I hope he gets a more realistic and nuanced picture of the issues, because I think he will become a stalwart. XMR-maximalist, if he does.

I know his company was buying Dash recently, so they are interested in privacy crypto - I think he may have just been mislead as to the ideal form of that.  As well, I'm a big fan of his new security company $MGT.  

I've already reached out to Voorhees and Ver on multiple occasions (who crypto-advise for his company), and they have said they will 'look into it'.  Honestly these two seem way too smart to be taken in by Dash's pyramid scheme and insta-mine fraud, so I would hope they would be advising to stay away from that nonsense.  

John McAfee, if you're reading this, I'm not a computer science expert - just an enthusiast who has been reading about and studying this stuff for years.  If you have any questions, or want to chat with a real non-anon person about it, you are welcome to PM me here or on Reddit (same user name, /u/americanpegasus) with any questions or comments you have.  If I don't know the answer, I can steer you to people who do.  Any conversation, or even the fact that we had a conversation doesn't need to be public knowledge.

Mcafee has always been shit it's no surprise he buys shit crypto.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
americanpegasus

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:55:07 AM

He sold the company many, many years ago.  His explanation of this was a particular high-point of the internet as a whole: https://youtu.be/bKgf5PaBzyg

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:53:24 AM

He sold the company many, many years ago.  His explanation of this was a particular high-point of the internet as a whole: https://youtu.be/bKgf5PaBzyg

It was shit from day one.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
birr

Activity: 869
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:44:02 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 06:56:41 AM by birr

And for your amusement, here's a little light reading about John McAfee.
https://www.wired.com/2012/12/ff-john-mcafees-last-stand/
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:30:46 PM

I had a little chat with McAfee.  He seemed to have some mistaken ideas about XMR.  I provided enough info and links so that he can correct any misinformation, if he chooses to do diligence.  Heck I would take the time to spoon-feed him , if he had any reason not to think me a typical crypto scanner - but he doesn't, so there's no point in that.  I hope he gets a more realistic and nuanced picture of the issues, because I think he will become a stalwart. XMR-maximalist, if he does.

I've already reached out to Voorhees and Ver on multiple occasions (who crypto-advise for his company), and they have said they will 'look into it'.  Honestly these two seem way too smart to be taken in by Dash's pyramid scheme and insta-mine fraud, so I would hope they would be advising to stay away from that nonsense. 

John McAfee, if you're reading this, I'm not a computer science expert - just an enthusiast who has been reading about and studying this stuff for years.  If you have any questions, or want to chat with a real non-anon person about it, you are welcome to PM me here or on Reddit (same user name, /u/americanpegasus) with any questions or comments you have.  If I don't know the answer, I can steer you to people who do.  Any conversation, or even the fact that we had a conversation doesn't need to be public knowledge.

firstly if you coming to Voorhess and ver and Mcafee then trying to preach them that they made bad bussiness decision on what your ideal of coin should be, then i guess they ignore you Huh  surely they were smart investor and they dont invest without thorough research of the investment.  so when you black campaigning dash to them you make urself like a loser and a jerk, yet make your called community look like a loser too.

secondly as you were saying yourself, how come you as "which is not a computer science expert" trying to tell mcafee which is some sort of "computer science expert"  that he was wrong Huh

lastly its quite sad to see how you see Mcafee as your hero while all your comrades despise him

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 02:55:42 PM

I've already reached out to Voorhees and Ver on multiple occasions (who crypto-advise for his company), and they have said they will 'look into it'.  Honestly these two seem way too smart to be taken in by Dash's pyramid scheme and insta-mine fraud, so I would hope they would be advising to stay away from that nonsense. 

John McAfee, if you're reading this, I'm not a computer science expert - just an enthusiast who has been reading about and studying this stuff for years.  If you have any questions, or want to chat with a real non-anon person about it, you are welcome to PM me here or on Reddit (same user name, /u/americanpegasus) with any questions or comments you have.  If I don't know the answer, I can steer you to people who do.  Any conversation, or even the fact that we had a conversation doesn't need to be public knowledge.

firstly if you coming to Voorhess and ver and Mcafee then trying to preach them that they made bad bussiness decision on what your ideal of coin should be, then i guess they ignore you Huh  surely they were smart investor and they dont invest without thorough research of the investment.  so when you black campaigning dash to them you make urself like a loser and a jerk, yet make your called community look like a loser too.

secondly as you were saying yourself, how come you as "which is not a computer science expert" trying to tell mcafee which is some sort of "computer science expert"  that he was wrong Huh

lastly its quite sad to see how you see Mcafee as your hero while all your comrades despise him

People can have their own opinions, just as you have your own. I personally think McAfee is too busy buying coke and hookers to be worried about investing in another cryptocurrency project.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:22:30 PM

People can have their own opinions, just as you have your own. I personally think McAfee is too busy buying coke and hookers to be worried about investing in another cryptocurrency project.

having your own opinion and wrote it on forum is one thing,  but trying to lecture pro investor about what to invest, or trying to lecture a tech expert about technology...  thats another thing.

nevermind tho,  your community effort of bashing Dash surely working because Dash price keep rising...  keep up the good work then and carry on.  Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:40:38 PM

Bullish, bearish or stagnant?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:46:48 PM

having your own opinion and wrote it on forum is one thing,  but trying to lecture pro investor about what to invest, or trying to lecture a tech expert about technology...  thats another thing.

nevermind tho,  your community effort of bashing Dash surely working because Dash price keep rising...  keep up the good work then and carry on.  Wink

I have never bashed dash, nor have most people in this thread.  I certainly have never posted in a dash thread and I don't have any wish to.

There is no need to. In the end time will tell and any irrationality in the market will ultimately be corrected. A few superior cryptocurrencies will triumph and the vast majority of the rest - the inferior projects - will fail. 

I have my money where my mouth is, I assume you have your money where yours is.  Good luck.

Now (kindly) go back to where you belong.

我想要火箭和火车
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:01:19 PM

Bullish, bearish or stagnant?

Monkey is rather bearish btc out to mid September.  Alts may correlate, but adverse events elsewhere and/or positive xmr developments would favor xmr on a relative basis.  I plan to short some btc, get it back in Sept. - and bank gains in xmr, naturlich. I might short some *ahem* other alts on bfx via my Hong Kong proxy when they reopen margin, and rates settle.  I probably will add xmr if there are serious dips.  Anything below 1.8 USD is a steal, but who knows how deep a flash crash can cut ?  Buy your boats before summer is over, people!  Flash me a few k!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 06:32:02 PM

Buy your boats before summer is over, people! 

Flash me a few k?

americanpegasus

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:20:27 PM

having your own opinion and wrote it on forum is one thing,  but trying to lecture pro investor about what to invest, or trying to lecture a tech expert about technology...  thats another thing.

nevermind tho,  your community effort of bashing Dash surely working because Dash price keep rising...  keep up the good work then and carry on.  Wink

When pro investors are buying a coin which had millions instamined by the creator 'on accident' and then made the situation even worse by allowing insiders to vote to reduce the total supply by 3/4ths... I feel compelled to bring the issue to their attention.  

If I am no expert, just an enthusiast, and can clearly see how broken this situation is - I would assume the absurdity of it would be extra-apparent to those with more knowledge than I.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

having your own opinion and wrote it on forum is one thing,  but trying to lecture pro investor about what to invest, or trying to lecture a tech expert about technology...  thats another thing.

nevermind tho,  your community effort of bashing Dash surely working because Dash price keep rising...  keep up the good work then and carry on.  Wink

When pro investors are buying a coin which had millions instamined by the creator 'on accident' and then made the situation even worse by allowing insiders to vote to reduce the total supply by 3/4ths... I feel compelled to bring the issue to their attention.  

If I am no expert, just an enthusiast, and can clearly see how broken this situation is - I would assume the absurdity of it would be extra-apparent to those with more knowledge than I.

It's transparently obvious to anyone with half a brain, AP...

Which is why it's not worth engaging with dasheads. Sure, they come out when there's a reassuring pump, but it will not last and I for one have no qualms about shorting the shit of it to scalp a little BTC and accumulate more of my beloved XMR off the back of rigged pricing that is unsustainable.  Roll on the GUI and let's see our volume the day after....  and our price.

我想要火箭和火车
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:33:38 AM

Regardless of any viewpoints on DASH, historically just about every major XMR rally is preceded by a DASH rally, usually by a few weeks. This is my observation, perhaps its merely coincidence but you decide. I'll be interested to see what happens this time.

Altitude

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:58:16 AM

Just checked this coin out. I think Monero looks interesting but needs more time before I invest.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
Pages: « 1 ... 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 [973] 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: