Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 02:55:02 PM

I see the risk/reward ratio to be better in XMR then in BTC, a rally of 10-15% is not that impressive. I made 15% in just a day today with XMR. So BTC is not that impressive.

Interesting news, the European Central Bank wants to control or curb the development of virtual currencies.
Perhaps they can control Bitcoin better but not XMR.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrGood

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Chief Technology Officer, NYC

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

Therefore it makes more sense to ride the XMR rally than the BTC rally. We saw exactly the same thing happen with Litecoin in 2013.

Hmm... interesting.  Has this relationship BTC/ALTs always held true in all past BTC rallies?

I have my BTC/Alt portfolio fairly well balanced (I think) but I've always assumed that *when* the BTC moon shot finally comes (like if the damn blocksize stalemate could ever be definitively resolved) that I'll have to quickly divest out of all the various alts that I have in cold storage in order to jump back on to the bitcoin rocket fully all-in: that could take precious time and/or possibly not even be feasible IF things get hairy too quickly.

So -- IF I'm understanding your point correctly -- you're saying actually the opposite may be true, i.e. I'd instead best need to plow only the BITCOIN quickly over into my ALTS? (assuming same percentages, to keep ratios in place -OR- maybe just quickly pour it all into XMR or something like that...?)

Mostly yes, but it really depends on the nature of the alt. By "top alt" I'm really referring to alts that have perceived confidence/longevity (or at least are in the top 5). These are the coins you can expect greater orders of magnitude relative to the BTC rally.

Upward from CoinGecko, a good yardstick is StackExchange which gives us the Big Three: Bitcoin, Monero and Ethereum.

Remember, it's 2016. It's not just about bitcoin anymore, and the markets will reflect that. All that remains is what is over-priced and what is under-priced, and Monero is still very much massively under-priced.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:02:47 PM

Thats the kind of grass-roots support that make Monero awesome, there is no need for marketing, the product (coin) is good enough it promotes itself.

The problem is the number of people aware of Monero is still very low and thus the coin is still in infancy state. I am not saying Monero should be marketed to the general public but the community is still very small and in order to grow bigger in terms of market cap the coins need to be purchased and new money poured in Monero.
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:09:51 PM

Thats the kind of grass-roots support that make Monero awesome, there is no need for marketing, the product (coin) is good enough it promotes itself.

You are wrong. Marketing is very important. What do you think why even established companies spend millions/billions to promote their products? Whatever I cannot take you serious since you said some days ago you are going to leave this board but are still here  Roll Eyes
MrGood

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 03:14:33 PM

The problem is the number of people aware of Monero is still very low and thus the coin is still in infancy state. I am not saying Monero should be marketed to the general public but the community is still very small and in order to grow bigger in terms of market cap the coins need to be purchased and new money poured in Monero.

This is the kind of paragraph that reminds me of a chimpanzee blithely fiddling with the controls of a flight simulator not knowing what the fuck he is doing.

I am not saying Monero should be marketed to the general public ...

Well then what are you saying? Because it sounds like all you're saying is "people need to buy Monero".

If you want people to "buy Monero" then you need to learn how to speak of its strengths rather than opening with talk of a non-existent problem pertaining to the third largest community on the scene.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:17:02 PM

Therefore it makes more sense to ride the XMR rally than the BTC rally. We saw exactly the same thing happen with Litecoin in 2013.

Hmm... interesting.  Has this relationship BTC/ALTs always held true in all past BTC rallies?

I have my BTC/Alt portfolio fairly well balanced (I think) but I've always assumed that *when* the BTC moon shot finally comes (like if the damn blocksize stalemate could ever be definitively resolved) that I'll have to quickly divest out of all the various alts that I have in cold storage in order to jump back on to the bitcoin rocket fully all-in: that could take precious time and/or possibly not even be feasible IF things get hairy too quickly.

So -- IF I'm understanding your point correctly -- you're saying actually the opposite may be true, i.e. I'd instead best need to plow only the BITCOIN quickly over into my ALTS? (assuming same percentages, to keep ratios in place -OR- maybe just quickly pour it all into XMR or something like that...?)

Mostly yes, but it really depends on the nature of the alt. By "top alt" I'm really referring to alts that have perceived confidence/longevity (or at least are in the top 5). These are the coins you can expect greater orders of magnitude relative to the BTC rally.

Upward from CoinGecko, a good yardstick is StackExchange which gives us the Big Three: Bitcoin, Monero and Ethereum.

Remember, it's 2016. It's not just about bitcoin anymore, and the markets will reflect that. All that remains is what is over-priced and what is under-priced, and Monero is still very much massively under-priced.

Great info, thanks... my portfolio of altcoins includes primarily BTC and XMR as the heaviest weights but also ETH/ETC, MAIDSAFE, some DASH as a hedge, and a bit of FACTOM, SIACOIN and some POTCOIN (heh, couldn't resist last one just for the joke).

Wonder if anyone here has any others that they think merit inclusion in a well-rounded portfolio?

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:17:49 PM

@N-rG

Monero is not a company.
There are many coins that work as companies. You should start working on them whatever you are doing.
Companies dont post wallet address and ask for donations as Monero does for developers. This is how Monero was set 2 years ago and this is how it works. It is not much different as Bitcoin was set 7 years ago.
N-rG

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:00:42 PM

@N-rG

Monero is not a company.
There are many coins that work as companies. You should start working on them whatever you are doing.
Companies dont post wallet address and ask for donations as Monero does for developers. This is how Monero was set 2 years ago and this is how it works. It is not much different as Bitcoin was set 7 years ago.

It doesnt matter for me if monero is a company or not. I talk about naked marketing for the increase of value (isn't this why most are here  Wink).
If we want to have a wide acceptance of monero people have to know that monero is existant and about it's benefits.

Thats why i totally agree to this statement:

This is the kind of paragraph that reminds me of a chimpanzee blithely fiddling with the controls of a flight simulator not knowing what the fuck he is doing.

I am not saying Monero should be marketed to the general public ...

Well then what are you saying? Because it sounds like all you're saying is "people need to buy Monero".

If you want people to "buy Monero" then you need to learn how to speak of its strengths rather than opening with talk of a non-existent problem pertaining to the third largest community on the scene.

It is totally preposterous and dubios to claim that monero needs no marketing.

Beside the fact that marketing was and is already a part of Monero. But it is expendable. I really dont understand why some people here are ignoring totally basic factors and than wonder why we haven't had a price explosion.

Marketing is a key function for success. Most people here are holding monero because they hope its somewhen more valueable as today. To believe monero itself will do this job is simply wrong. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:08:19 PM

People will use Monero if they will need to use it.  On dark markets, about which you were spamming here whole last month, or anywhere else.

You posted in your previous post that companies advertise their products. Not sure why you did post about that here really if you dont see Monero as company.
MrGood

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 04:14:18 PM

It doesnt matter for me if monero is a company or not. I talk about naked marketing for the increase of value (isn't this why most are here  Wink).
If we want to have a wide acceptance of monero people have to know that monero is existant and about it's benefits. It is totally preposterous and dubios to claim that monero needs no marketing. Beside the fact that marketing was and is already a part of Monero. But it is expendable. I really dont understand why some people here are ignoring totally basic factors and than wonder why we haven't had a price explosion.

Marketing is a key function for success. Most people here are holding monero because they hope its somewhen more valueable as today. To believe monero itself will do this job is simply wrong.

Ah so, now you've bought in you're an expert on these things? Why don't we cut the crap and get to the bottom of your problem:-

You want the Monero price to rise because you've bought back in, and guess what, let's throw some mutha fucking marketing into the equation to help N-rG with his profits, so that hopefully one day, he can cash out and dump all over the community/noobs with lashings of evangelical FUD.

I guess you must be new here. Let me tell you what I see:-

I see a coin that has gone from nothing, and fiercely defended itself against other projects that have the luxury of unlimited treasuries as a consequence of scammy premines and instamines complete with all the fucking PR in the world, and won every single battle regardless.

I see a coin that has been routinely censored by a scammy corporate conspiracy of colluding interests who have tried at every turn to push the scams into the limelight at the expense of the Monero project and it's community.

I see a coin that has gone from nothing only to become the third biggest cryptocurrency in the scene. A coin that is now 5th or 6th on the marketcap, and one of three similar projects to be on StackExchange.

I see a coin that had no treasury, and no funny business; only an egalitarian genesis, and a commitment to make it work whatever the odds.

I see a coin that is routinely providing much trade volume for speculation, and has the volatility for serious profit.

I see a coin that is politically disruptive without comparison; the single best trustless untraceable blockchain in existence.

And all of this has been achieved without a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of.

Why do we need marketing when we are winning? Everything that we have done thus far has been WIN. Why change that? Just for your profits no doubt?

Let me know when we start to lose, and then maybe we can start to think about finding an Amanda B Johnson clone to push in front of a camera.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:37:30 PM

Daily emission of XMR is 7272 XMR/day.
Bitcoin had similarish emission in 2012.

Therefore Monero has very similar type of path.

Inflation used to feed the hungry buyers back in 2014-2015 but howabout now as there barely is inflation - it is the bagholders who need to be generous towards the newbies and sell when they want to buy it. Not to dump but let the newbies grab tiny amounts from asks at increasing price points.

Dumping is the job of NRG + his alter egos because he has no faith in XMR due to the lack of marketing and hype.
Stringer Bell

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:41:48 PM

I see a coin that has gone from nothing, and fiercely defended itself against other projects that have the luxury of unlimited treasuries as a consequence of scammy premines and instamines complete with all the fucking PR in the world, and won every single battle regardless.

I see a coin that has been routinely censored by a scammy corporate conspiracy of colluding interests who have tried at every turn to push the scams into the limelight at the expense of the Monero project and it's community.

I see a coin that has gone from nothing only to become the third biggest cryptocurrency in the scene. A coin that is now 5th or 6th on the marketcap, and one of three similar projects to be on StackExchange.

I see a coin that had no treasury, and no funny business; only an egalitarian genesis, and a commitment to make it work whatever the odds.

I see a coin that is routinely providing much trade volume for speculation, and has the volatility for serious profit.

I see a coin that is politically disruptive without comparison; the single best trustless untraceable blockchain in existence.

And all of this has been achieved without a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of.

Why do we need marketing when we are winning? Everything that we have done thus far has been WIN. Why change that? Just for your profits no doubt?

Let me know when we start to lose, and then maybe we can start to think about finding an Amanda B Johnson clone to push in front of a camera.

Very nicely said. Strongly agree too.
N-rG

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:42:05 PM

You posted in your previous post that companies advertise their products

Please read the wikipedia article.

Not sure why

Please read my post again. Most people here are holding monero because they hope its somewhen more valueable as today

---

Dash stands for digital cash. Think about it.

It's time to support the number 1 coin in fungibility.

There has never been a greater time to support Dash.

Ask yourself: Why do they troll Dash so much?

Because they are afraid.

Look at the protagonists.

They are scared that they are about to lose their number 1 position and that is something you should be aware of.

TPTB_need war is being paid by Monero to support their cause. Think about it. Why would he just suddenly turn around and support Bitcoin and Monero after years of saying 666 is going to come and get you.

He sold out because of his illness. And Smooth and icebreaker are the ones who paid him.

Listen, you can troll Dash as much as you want... it only go to show that DASH is the superior coin. Ask yourself why Smooth never show his face?

They are try to put you in a corner.

There IS NO INSTAMINE. Do your fucking research.

Buy DASH. It's not only the BEST coin, but it will also rub in their face just what they don't want you to want to know.

It just goes to show that XMR can have the best technology in the world but if they don't have money for promotion then they can't succeed.

Dash's instamine was the best thing that could have happened to Dash. It's important to be able to buy marketing.

You gotta have the money bro, else you can't party!!  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

Just one more retard Smiley
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

It doesnt matter for me if monero is a company or not. I talk about naked marketing for the increase of value (isn't this why most are here  Wink).
If we want to have a wide acceptance of monero people have to know that monero is existant and about it's benefits. It is totally preposterous and dubios to claim that monero needs no marketing. Beside the fact that marketing was and is already a part of Monero. But it is expendable. I really dont understand why some people here are ignoring totally basic factors and than wonder why we haven't had a price explosion.

Marketing is a key function for success. Most people here are holding monero because they hope its somewhen more valueable as today. To believe monero itself will do this job is simply wrong.

Ah so, now you've bought in you're an expert on these things? Why don't we cut the crap and get to the bottom of your problem:-

You want the Monero price to rise because you've bought back in, and guess what, let's throw some mutha fucking marketing into the equation to help N-rG with his profits, so that hopefully one day, he can cash out and dump all over the community/noobs with lashings of evangelical FUD.

Had the laugh of my time  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Well, nothing to add here, maybe one aspect will turn this technology on the final winner side, that would be.

Avoid centralisation in the design
Avoid routines for ASICs
Avoid getting some code from LEA

Just let it fly and we will see where it will take us  Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:58:08 PM

One point missing from the recent marketing discussion/demand is that for quite a while marketing was inadvisable due to it's usability limitations.  Only this year was the DB removed from RAM Shocked  There has been greatly increased wallet functionality this year.  Yet it is still difficult for businesses to use as there are limitations and some of these will be addressed with the release soon™ of 0MQ.  I also hear rumors that there will be a release of an official GUI.  Although this is one more necessary step, I don't believe these rumors.

I have nether the skills nor connections for marketing or much of anything else.  Maybe I could be the official janitor of Monero.  I might try to use the FFS to try to secure that position.
MrGood

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 05:05:46 PM

Parody is clearly a form of humor you're not familiar with.
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:24:07 PM

I agree that Monero on itself does not need marketing, since it is not a product but an invention. Inventions will be either useful or not, history will answer that for us.

That being said, i think the people that most need Monero are the people that live in a cash based economy. That is a large part of the population. Unfortunately, usually these same people are on the spectrum of not looking into highly technical manuals about some obscure thing on the internet. They simply don't care enough. While they should.

The only 'marketing' we need to do is in the form of instructions for the regular joe. They somehow need to get the message that storing value in Monero is better then the proverbial mattress. So the takeaway here is, the tone of the 'marketing' is important. Not as in 'its even slicing your bread for you and makes you rich' but more like 'if you simply do this (hey its easy) then your money is safer then in a mattress'.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
N-rG

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:25:37 PM

Parody is clearly a form of humor you're not familiar with.

There is no room for humor since my only purpose here is to make more money  Cool

I enjoy it so much how most of you is fighting me and put so much anger and N-rG into it Cheesy I mean really you have no idea how much I enjoy it every day, espacially being so much on the winner side Grin
After I recently exchanged XMR -> BTC -> Fiat i was transfering the money to my estate agent (want a new house with direct access to the water for me new jetski) I thought "well maybe it's some of TrueCrypt.'s money he gave me when I closed my short at 140".
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4893

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:41:52 PM

It doesnt matter for me if monero is a company or not. I talk about naked marketing for the increase of value (isn't this why most are here  Wink).

Spot on! It has been agreed on many times that there should not be any marketing until the product is finished and ready for the average user as a release before then will alienate that base from sheer frustration and once you alienate a user the chances of getting them back are very low.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:55:25 PM

i agree in that case that monero doesnt need advertisment. have still an open short so please dont bring new money to us Smiley at 0.006 we need advertisment i go long than Smiley !!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 [1210] 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: