Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:55:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312568 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:35:45 PM

Just one more retard Smiley

Parody is clearly a form of humor you're not familiar with.

Wait, he is very good in photoshopping, after he faked the amount of his poloniex account and faked DNM forum posts the next will be a house on water.
It is a pity when people are so hungry for acceptance, they do everything for it. And then the self assurements and monologs "Yes I am the winner, they are jealous, yes...yes." Grin
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:45:07 PM

Just one more retard Smiley

Parody is clearly a form of humor you're not familiar with.

Wait, he is very good in photoshopping, after he faked the amount of his poloniex account and faked DNM forum posts the next will be a house on water.
It is a pity when people are so hungry for acceptance, they do everything for it. And then the self assurements and monologs "Yes I am the winner, they are jealous, yes...yes." Grin

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:47:08 PM

Ask yourself one very important question:
When the GUI is out, which reason do all those DNM users have to use BTC over XMR?

volatility

You never heard about hedging?

Not sure what you mean, if I hold 50XMR in my DNM wallet today I can buy 20 xtc pills and next week maybe only 10? That's not very convenient when on the other hand bitcoin is relatively stable

I also created an account in alphabay and dream marketplace, it seems like those DNM sites take BTC though mixers by default so they are hard to trace.. not sure why XMR is needed. But it does make me feel more at ease I guess.

Also, I think XMR will eventually recover but we are in for a bear market that will probably last a few months. I admire that you are the only person here who is still keeping up the bullish sentiment.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:57:38 PM

When the GUI is out, which reason do all those DNM users have to use BTC over XMR?

volatility

Not sure what you mean, if I hold 50XMR in my DNM wallet today I can buy 20 xtc pills and next week maybe only 10? That's not very convenient when on the other hand bitcoin is relatively stable

I also created an account in alphabay and dream marketplace, it seems like those DNM sites take BTC though mixers by default so they are hard to trace.. not sure why XMR is needed. But it does make me feel more at ease I guess.

Also, I think XMR will eventually recover but we are in for a bear market that will probably last a few months. I admire that you are the only person here who is still keeping up the bullish sentiment.

How come it is in the bear market? What did I miss?  Huh
I thought Monero is still much higher than it was just a couple months ago and it even didn't touch the previous trading range.

Junkies probably will not hold the coins that long, but the hedging is needed more for the vendors who have their coins locked into the accounts of esrows.
Hedging is easy to execute: if you get a payment of 100 XMR escrowed, then immediately open a short position of 100 XMR. When the escrowed money is released to the vendor, then close the short position. The additional cost is most likely less than 1 % but it makes the selling risk-free in terms of forex fluctuations.
That sort of hedging is a standard in any industry that is dealing with volatile markets such as raw materials.
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

I don`t think XMR is so dependent on what BTC does.
Monero has a highly interesting, game changing technology which is developed further and probably faster now as more funds are available.
The community growth during the last weeks is huge. A healthy community is gold worth.

If one coin does deserve a 1 Billion market cap, its XMR. This quantity of media attention will attract more serious buyers.
My bet is that the XMR price will tend to 50 USD till end of this year already.

It is funny to read how many guys hope XMR price will go down and also the usual trollbox-spam which one can`t take serious fully.

Taken the current use and coming demand for XMR, technological development (GUI, Kovri, Ring CT), massive media exposure and community growth...why honestly should anybody sell it now?
In order to do what, to buy it for 7 USD? Or 6 USD? How realistic is it that a coin with such potential like XMR is sold under 8 USD? It`s a joke. Everybody wants it. Thats fine, they can, but not for cheap.

Roger Ver is substantially invested in XMR. I guess his connections can mean a lot (Bloomberg Interview with him). It is simply great to have such one Bitcoin evangelist and investor on board of Monero.
Ver says he sees the Monero price around 50 to 100 USD in the months to come. The guys begging one to sell are seeing this too I guess.  Grin

Hehe what do you think where your money moved to? Disappeared xD? Following your post history you lost a lot of money Cheesy Must be frustrating....live goes on buddy Smiley
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 07:09:20 PM

volatility

I thought Monero is still much higher than it was just a couple months ago and it even didn't touch the previous trading range.

Junkies probably will not hold the coins that long, but the hedging is needed more for the vendors who have their coins locked into the accounts of esrows.
Hedging is easy to execute: if you get a payment of 100 XMR escrowed, then immediately open a short position of 100 XMR. When the escrowed money is released to the vendor, then close the short position. The additional cost is most likely less than 1 % but it makes the selling risk-free in terms of forex fluctuations.
That sort of hedging is a standard in any industry that is dealing with volatile markets such as raw materials.

Expecting a DNM vendor to hedge Monero held in escrow is not realistic. Rather I think they will just accept bitcoin only as long as Monero price is volatile. A quiet period of price stability around .01 for a few months, maybe trading range .09 - 1.2 would be welcome. That would calm fears of a bear market, increase confidence and set the stage for an uptrend in 2017.

moneyLooser

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:11:16 PM

@nrg could you please reply to my pm  Cry
cryptimus prime

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:16:42 PM

Following your post history you lost a lot of money Cheesy Must be frustrating....live goes on buddy Smiley

I have not lost even a single cent on XMR, still in heavy plus.
Smart guys don`t sit the whole day in front of photoshop boy and write novels on forums, they adopt early, you can`t match that even with good trading skills.

Trading skills you don`t have, as you called 0.007 before XMR went up above 0.01. Gratulations.
But life goes on. Ups pressed ignore.  Tongue
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:17:24 PM

volatility

Expecting a DNM vendor to hedge Monero held in escrow is not realistic. Rather I think they will just accept bitcoin only as long as Monero price is volatile. A quiet period of price stability around .01 for a few months, maybe trading range .09 - 1.2 would be welcome. That would calm fears of a bear market, increase confidence and set the stage for an uptrend in 2017.

In my books Monero is still in the bull market/cooling period. Bear market would recommend to go below the ultimate support which is 0.001 btc and I do not consider it realistic ceteris paribus.
cryptimus prime

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:26:08 PM

In my books Monero is still in the bull market/cooling period.

Already good old Charles Dow has classified this retracement like Monero did now more then 100 years ago.
Rise on high volume, classical low volume correction which can go to 2/3 down of the ATH. But long term still bullish.

N-rG

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:39:42 PM

Following your post history you lost a lot of money Cheesy Must be frustrating....live goes on buddy Smiley

Ups pressed ignore.  Tongue

The truth of someones own failure hits most right? You'll notice in silent how sad you are that you still read this post even that you pressed that. And you'll do so in the future Smiley
Welcome to the club of the type of people who intented to leave this board but are still posting here  Roll Eyes
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 07:42:30 PM

Good tendency is that the number of sellers of coins falling and growing number of buyers, people have realized the value of the coins and do not sell cheap, not including speculators and Shorter.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
N-rG

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:49:14 PM

@nrg could you please reply to my pm  Cry

no
cryptimus prime

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:06:21 PM

Quote from: cryptimus prime
@cryptimus prime could you please reply to my pm  Cry

No sorry Cryptimus I am too important. Cheesy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes aside, there are several technical aspects which indicate upward movement for XMR. Also some nice bullish divergence on the 1-day MACD.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

I see the risk/reward ratio to be better in XMR then in BTC, a rally of 10-15% is not that impressive. I made 15% in just a day today with XMR. So BTC is not that impressive.

Interesting news, the European Central Bank wants to control or curb the development of virtual currencies.
Perhaps they can control Bitcoin better but not XMR.

Not surprising so a central bank wants a monopoly on money, no surprise there.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2216
Merit: 3238

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:23:18 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 08:38:37 PM by bitebits

my portfolio of altcoins [...] BTC and XMR [...] but also ETH/ETC, MAIDSAFE, some DASH [...] FACTOM, SIACOIN and some POTCOIN
[...]
Wonder if anyone here has any others that they think merit inclusion in a well-rounded portfolio?

Stocks, bonds, gold, fiat, real estate for example?

IMHO you are just fooling yourself diversifying / hedging etc into a high number of alt coins to not 'miss the moon shot'. In the end it is all very much the same. Monero being one of the very few that actually maybe can be considered as a hedge against Bitcoin, mainly because being more fungible.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:29:16 PM

Yes I would welcome a trading range of .09 - 1.2  Grin

So you think some stability will lead to adoption?  Would adoption lead to volatility as it did last time?
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:00:28 PM

my portfolio of altcoins [...] BTC and XMR [...] but also ETH/ETC, MAIDSAFE, some DASH [...] FACTOM, SIACOIN and some POTCOIN
[...]
Wonder if anyone here has any others that they think merit inclusion in a well-rounded portfolio?

Stocks, bonds, gold, fiat, real estate for example?

IMHO you are just fooling yourself diversifying / hedging etc into a high number of alt coins to not 'miss the moon shot'. In the end it is all very much the same. Monero being one of the very few that actually maybe can be considered as a hedge against Bitcoin, mainly because being more fungible.

Thanks for the reply... but yeah my example was meant ONLY as "crypto" portfolio, obviously it's not ALL my money (I'm not that crazy LOL)

And, yes, it's over 80% BTC and XMR, only the rest 20%-ish in all these others, mainly on the strength of stuff like MaidSafe which I don't really even consider exclusively a 'cryptocurrency' play: SafeCoins will have no blockchain and IF those guys can pull off what they're trying to do, i.e. completely re-engineer the entire architecture of the basic Internet to make it decentralized and server-less... then frankly THAT would possibly change the world even more than just bitcoin alone.  The SIAcoin play is a little hedge on MAID too, since those guys are slightly less ambitious and not quite trying to take on SO MUCH as the MaidSafe project.

So, really, FWIW these are not exactly "hedges" but just almost like totally separate investments in very interesting and possibly world-changing new tech.

Only the BTC/XMR was originally intended as a "hedge" on BTC possibly failing but the more I think about it, the more it seems like it's possible they will BOTH succeed together, addressing different needs and niches *but* IMHO with XMR being vastly more valuable than today... maybe even worth MORE than Bitcoin on a per-coin basis, in the long run.

Interesting times, indeed, we live in... Smiley

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:20:00 PM

I am sure he is not only one who is bullish here. There are plenty that called bottom.
I personally am neither.  What I am sure is that it is totally impossible that rate with which price decreased last month is impossible to continue.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 01:04:52 AM

Yes I would welcome a trading range of .09 - 1.2  Grin

So you think some stability will lead to adoption?  Would adoption lead to volatility as it did last time?

I have never seen proof that Monero is used to a significant extent yet on DNMs. The speculative bubble starting in August was just that, speculation that Monero would be commonly used along with Bitcoin on the DNMs. And the bubble burst but Monero is still trading 4X the price in July. There does seem to be solid buy support below .01 and Monero is on every trader's radar now.

Pages: « 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: