Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
chivaki

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 08:01:41 PM

Hi Why OP doesn't have any info about signature campaign ??
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 08:09:40 PM

This is a very important message we want to share. I don't think a lot of people here read it:

http://www.crowncoin.org/why-we-created-crowncoin.php

urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:43:17 PM

RE: Stonehedge's comment on the branding -- it could probably use a refresh.

Seems like the point of the (a) crown, (b) thrones & (c) knights is really just a metaphor for the security and stability provided by a strong (a) currency, (b) network and (c) development team.

Nothing really necessarily to do with European history -- but more with a metaphor for stability and strength. 

The future value proposition is probably to be able to use this stable distributed platform to store value and who knows what else (depending on what capabilities one puts in the masternodes/thrones). 

The branding should support whatever "killer apps" the dev team has in mind -- and any truly killer app probably isn't too geographically focused, so it's hard to imagine how the branding might not benefit from a refresh.  It doesn't look like there are that many transactions running over the network...  The timing for any sort of branding refresh should probably be around the introduction of whatever new capabilities have been referred to in previous posts by the dev team.

The branding should also support any other future apps beyond the initial ones envisioned, which the team would like to be able to attract to the platform.

gembira

Activity: 1610
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:16:59 AM

https://twitter.com/ribbjurgen/status/783852733216485376
please RT guys ,WHY WE CREATED CROWNCOIN  Smiley

crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 04:48:58 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 05:02:17 AM by crowncoin_knight

At first glance - this might seem as a fair argument, if this aims to look towards the US market. On the other hand deep and philosophical questions need to be asked.

In Europe, Asia, Africa - where most population live (and where crypto adoption is moving faster then the west - look at btc wallet downloads in Nigeria  - kingdoms (at some parts working on closely with parliaments) are one of the most stable systems, and they need to be looked at closely and re-thought. So where will future lead the developed world? Do we know? No. but this question needs to be analyzed. I think european members of the community understand this point well.

On another note - bitcoin, ether etc etc are too serious, normal people do not understand them....Crowncoin has a story that people can identify with...the story of the Crown. In several worldwide countries people still pay with the Crown! Knights and Thrones have a meaning too - a gaming element needs to be present (dogecoin example) - people are just tired of bankers! Also game of thrones, starwars etc - you have knights everywhere - not necessarily medieval.

We are of course willing to discuss how to make this look more forward thinking, but we have thought about this about three years so think deeply when making suggestions, and lets try to see the future together! Smiley

Seems like the point of the (a) crown, (b) thrones & (c) knights is really just a metaphor for the security and stability provided by a strong (a) currency, (b) network and (c) development team.

Nothing really necessarily to do with European history -- but more with a metaphor for stability and strength.  

The future value proposition is probably to be able to use this stable distributed platform to store value and who knows what else (depending on what capabilities one puts in the masternodes/thrones).  

The branding should support whatever "killer apps" the dev team has in mind -- and any truly killer app probably isn't too geographically focused, so it's hard to imagine how the branding might not benefit from a refresh.  It doesn't look like there are that many transactions running over the network...  The timing for any sort of branding refresh should probably be around the introduction of whatever new capabilities have been referred to in previous posts by the dev team.

The branding should also support any other future apps beyond the initial ones envisioned, which the team would like to be able to attract to the platform.

urban_idler

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:31:11 AM

You have the advantage of knowing the dev plan.  I'm just making suggestions, and investing capital in the coin.  

There are abundant opportunities and a large market in Europe.  I just imagined that if you have new tech which hasn't been introduced before, it is strange to launch it while also limiting the target market for the new technology to one segment of where that tech could add value.

Granted that's not a very deep thought - just an obvious question which I would hope for a considered response to.  

I understand that the coin was founded with a set of ideas and a story around it -- but I also understand that coins which have succeeded like XCoin, I mean Darkcoin, I mean Dash, I mean Dash Evolution -- recreate and reinvent themselves as they move into the future and adapt.  Adaptation is not a threat, but the key to how entities survive and thrive.

Once again -- I do not have the information which you do or the ability to directly do anything with the coin branding or positioning, so I can only post in this forum and respect your responses.  

I know that you guys have thought about this and have created a platform which I think has significant potential.  My comments are intended to help build that and I intend for my comments to be seen in that way.

Thank you.

At first glance - this might seem as a fair argument, if this aims to look towards the US market. On the other hand deep and philosophical questions need to be asked.

In Europe, Asia Africa - where most population live (and where crypto adoption is moving faster then the west - look at btc addresses in Nigeria  - kingdoms (at some parts working on closely with parliaments) are one of the most stable systems, and they need to be looked at closely and re-thought. So where will future lead the developed world? Do we know? No. but this question needs to be analyzed. I think european members of the community understand this point well.

On another note - bitcoin, ether etc etc are too serious, normal people do not understand them....Crowncoin has a story that people can identify with...the story of the Crown. In several worldwide countries people still pay with the Crown! Knights and Thrones have a meaning too - a gaming element needs to be present (dogecoin example) - people are just tired of bankers! Also game of thrones, starwars etc - you have knights everywhere - not necessarily medieval.

We are of course willing to discuss how to make this look more forward thinking, but we have thought about this about three years so think deeply when making suggestions, and lets try to see the future together! Smiley

The branding should support whatever "killer apps" the dev team has in mind -- and any truly killer app probably isn't too geographically focused, so it's hard to imagine how the branding might not benefit from a refresh.  It doesn't look like there are that many transactions running over the network...  The timing for any sort of branding refresh should probably be around the introduction of whatever new capabilities have been referred to in previous posts by the dev team.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:32:02 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 10:01:02 AM by stonehedge

When the new team members joined the project we were conscious that a lot of time, money and passion had been invested in the Crowncoin branding.  There were numerous more pressing issues to address than the branding and there is no benefit to trying to change too much at once.

I agree, as we get closer to our major releases we need to make some decisions about how we want the world to see us. A potential investor visiting the web site at the moment is going to be left quite confused.  It speaks of the time back in 2014 when altcoins were nothing other than attempts to grab a slice of Bitcoin's market share. Crowncoin is more than that now.

As somebody who has been involved in some major crypto projects I am contacted several times a week by traders asking why on earth I am spending time working on a "Czech Bitcoin Clone". When those messages stop, I'll consider the branding to have been balanced successfully.

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:35:43 AM

Hi Why OP doesn't have any info about signature campaign ??

We are looking into it and will be up soon.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:36:05 AM

Hello,

New member of the community here.  I would just like to say thank you to all the devs who I know will make this project a success.

That being said I believe that the current feudalistic analogies made on the Crowncoin website and throughout it's branding are not particularly successful.  The various references to nobility and poetic language serves only to cheapen and detract from the progressive aims of this coin.  This coin is not about looking backwards, but rather about the bright future ahead.

Moreover, I do not think that the current wording on the website was done by a native english speaker and thus it comes off as a bit awkward and the prose is lacking.  eg. "Crowncoin was inspired by the historical heritage of royal Europe - ranging from ancient Greece throughout the Roman empire to medieval kings and their knights, who protected their people from unconquerable castles throughout Europe."  

What type of heritage is not historical?  Are roving unconquerable castles attacking peasants?

I think many serious investors would be hesitant to back Crowncoin under it's current branding, as it sounds either childish or highly nationalistic (ethnocentric maybe?).  Perhaps an alternative tact would be as I have said to look forward and broaden the horizons of the coin to be more inclusive.  Finally, I do not believe feudalism and the time periods discussed are necessarily times to look back upon in a positive light.  While I know it is comforting to put on the proverbial rose colored glasses when viewing the past, I hope we can agree that the present and future offer far greater opportunities for the values that western societies have developed (such as freedom and equality) to blossom.

I would love to hear other arguments for and against the current branding.

Thank you,
Humbe

Welcome btw!
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:58:17 AM

Hello,

So in regards to the branding question I have created a short poll that might help shed light on the community's current feelings.  Please feel free to vote and express yourselves!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11373105

Thank you,

Humbe

I tend to lean towards rebranding at the right time.

Crowncoin was released in 2014 and has practically been without development/market volume for months at one point... Crowncoin was dead. We revived it successfully and here we are.

This coin has changed so much since then, the name Crowncoin is limited to PR and advertisements. Theres only so many royal themed terms we can come up with 'Thrones' 'crown'.

PR Is going to be a big deal soon, and i want to appeal to as many investors as possible.

Darkcoin had this problem, and look where they are now
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:00:37 AM

Hello,

So in regards to the branding question I have created a short poll that might help shed light on the community's current feelings.  Please feel free to vote and express yourselves!

Thank you,

Humbe

Crowncoin was released in 2014 and has practically been without development/market volume for months at one point... Crowncoin was dead. We revived it successfully and here we are.

This coin has changed so much since then, the name Crowncoin is limited to PR and advertisements. Theres only so many royal themed terms we can come up with 'Thrones' 'crown'.

PR Is going to be a big deal soon, and i want to appeal to as many investors as possible.

There is no harm in having the discussion now.

Whatever changes we make, we should make sure we acknowledge Crowncoin's origins.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:10:30 AM

Hello,

Thank you,

Humbe

There is no harm in having the discussion now.

Whatever changes we make, we should make sure we acknowledge Crowncoin's origins.

Absolutely, i look forward to peoples submissions.

Thing is we have a few treats coming soon, like a new wallet look... If we're planning on changing the branding, we would need to change the wallet design again
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:00:27 AM

I couldn't resist a little bit of shameless hype!

The core team are currently discussing a little surprise that we will be announcing in a week or so.

Nothing huge but something very nice indeed nonetheless  Cool
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 02:56:50 PM

The core team are currently discussing a little surprise that we will be announcing in a week or so.

Looking forward to hearing about the "surprise!"  *fingers crossed for getting on bittrex*

Cheesy

Make sure to post on the proposal draft on Slush Pool. IF slush were to add us, that's an extra 100 PH/s going toward the network,
jeliman (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 125

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 03:13:17 PM

Looking forward to hearing about the "surprise!"  *fingers crossed for getting on bittrex*

Cheesy

Make sure to post on the proposal draft on Slush Pool. IF slush were to add us, that's an extra 100 PH/s going toward the network,

I can't find your proposal using

https://slushpool.com/proposal/detail/611/

The only crowncoin related link I can see is

https://slushpool.com/proposal/detail/597/

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:00:30 PM

Cheesy

Ooo its good! Christmas will come early
for all Throne operatiors this year  Tongue
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:44:54 PM

Thread translated from English to French.
You can find it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1638337.0
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:12:53 PM

You can find it here:

Thank you!

Post your crw address to claim the 1250 crw for translations  Smiley(
Woshib

Activity: 938
Merit: 576

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:17:40 PM

You can find it here:

Thank you!

Address sent in personal message.
I also sent it to Jeliman.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:48:11 PM

You can find it here:

Thank you!

Address sent in personal message.
I also sent it to Jeliman.

Sent, thanks again!

d5cdb95e3449b9509ac65f3f2b77e3d6da7bb2d5d0c731af43f260a1566aa689
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: