Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 10:06:17 AM

Have you guys updated the links on the main page for windows wallet?
Also Blackjack will be offline until I move it all to a new server. (it will have same url though)

Hey ACP, not yet. Will put an update here when done!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:38:45 AM

Am I going mad or is ROI really 9 times better for a Crowncoin Throne than a Dash masternode?!
calnaughtonjnr

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:51:54 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 11:14:26 AM by calnaughtonjnr

Am I going mad or is ROI really 9 times better for a Crowncoin Throne than a Dash masternode?!

If you look at it per $1000 spent, I think this is how it would work out -

CROWN
$1000 / $160 = 6.25 throne ownership // 6.25 * $15 = $93.75 pm, per $1000 invested

DASH
$1000 / $16000 = 0.0625 masternode ownership // 0.0625 * $150 = $9.37 pm, per $1000 invested

If that's right, that's pretty significant figures. Obviously more nodes would reduce rewards, but price should go up to compensate.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

I am trying to install crowncoin on linux and when making the file I get this error  fatal error: QScroller: No such file or directory
 #include <QScroller> any ideas on the issue? thanks in advance

Please wait for the new client to be available  Smiley Today or tomorrow
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:02:51 AM

CROWN
$1000 / $160 = 6.25 throne ownership // 6.25 * £15 = $93.75 pm, per $1000 invested

DASH
$1000 / $16000 = 0.0625 masternode ownership // 0.0625 * £150 = $9.37 pm, per $1000 invested

If that's right, that's pretty significant figures. Obviously more nodes would reduce rewards, but price should go up to compensate.

9.3% per month interest which works out at about 190% APR if your 10,000CRW/$160USD collateral stays the same value.

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 11:51:22 AM

CROWN
$1000 / $160 = 6.25 throne ownership // 6.25 * £15 = $93.75 pm, per $1000 invested

DASH
$1000 / $16000 = 0.0625 masternode ownership // 0.0625 * £150 = $9.37 pm, per $1000 invested

9.3% per month interest which works out at about 190% APR if your 10,000CRW/$160USD collateral stays the same value.

Very strong case to set up Thrones!

yoohoo309

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:36:09 PM

Moving up nicely today

hey dear ... it is not important where from you coming but it is important where  you are going so do not lose heart and be steady with your effort.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

Moving up nicely today

hey dear ... it is not important where from you coming but it is important where  you are going so do not lose heart and be steady with your effort.

Wise words.. We need people like you to sit on a throne Tongue
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:18:40 PM

Sit on a Throne, its a responsible act.

steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 08:18:00 PM

The Crowncoin blockchain snapshot is available on CryptoChainer.com.  Will get your wallet in sync almost instantly...
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:05:39 AM

All due respect to the development team.  The website looks great and I am looking forward to the wallet and core updates.  That being said... the white papers while well intentioned are completely overwrought.

The preamble and pseudo-philosophy does not add anything.  The lack of clear objectives and lack of technical specifications for what is being proposed is concerning.  Moreover, having to sift through all the superfluous text to understand what exactly is being proposed is a detriment.  I should be able to look at the title of the white paper or the first sentence and understand what is being proposed, instead I have read them all and feel like almost nothing has been clarified, only confused.

The problems crown has proposed to solve, block size and POS/POW alternative are what might bring value to this project.  I understand setting the foundations of the project, but this can be accomplished without the quotes and in plain language that is easily digestible.  Too much esoteric nonsense.

Anyways.  Hopefully more information about these solutions will be available sooner rather than later.

I appreciate the effort of the Crown Team.

Yes i can agree that unless you already know the intricate details of what we are working on, it can be hard to figure it out from the white papers, that being said, more clarification will come forward in stages, when we are ready to release, but we might try to clarify some of the concepts though.

the current problem is we do not want other more wellfunded groups to steal our ideas, but on the same time we want to enlighten the community, its a double edge sword...

The problem is, we are working on some things not seen before, and that will revolutionize the way digital currencies work...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 07:34:16 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 08:22:21 AM by crowncoin_knight

All due respect to the development team.  The website looks great and I am looking forward to the wallet and core updates.  That being said... the white papers while well intentioned are completely overwrought.

The preamble and pseudo-philosophy does not add anything.  The lack of clear objectives and lack of technical specifications for what is being proposed is concerning.  Moreover, having to sift through all the superfluous text to understand what exactly is being proposed is a detriment.  I should be able to look at the title of the white paper or the first sentence and understand what is being proposed, instead I have read them all and feel like almost nothing has been clarified, only confused.

The problems crown has proposed to solve, block size and POS/POW alternative are what might bring value to this project.  I understand setting the foundations of the project, but this can be accomplished without the quotes and in plain language that is easily digestible.  Too much esoteric nonsense.

Anyways.  Hopefully more information about these solutions will be available sooner rather than later.

Yes i can agree that unless you already know the intricate details of what we are working on, it can be hard to figure it out from the white papers, that being said, more clarification will come forward in stages, when we are ready to release, but we might try to clarify some of the concepts though.

the current problem is we do not want other more wellfunded groups to steal our ideas, but on the same time we want to enlighten the community, its a double edge sword...

The problem is, we are working on some things not seen before, and that will revolutionize the way digital currencies work...

Just to add to add few things on top of what chaos said. Thank you for your feedback humbepirate, its very important for us to hear other voices here! Pls continue letting us know what you think!

Few goals of the whitepapers are:

1. Show people the team is very serious about this and that a lot of thought is being put into this
2. The philosophy language is due to the fact that we have a philosophy major guy on our team, I personally think that it is very important that our paper have much deeper meaning surpassing the code. The code is a good servant, but a bad master. This is one of our key differences from other crypto projects who are thinking the other way around
3. Sorry no simple language is used / if it was we just make it easy for other teams just steal our ideas in the very beginning of Crown
4. Having said the above, these whitepapers will be followed by much more detailed and clear steps
5. The whitepapers are to attract other high profile members of the community among developers, investors, users, supporters who will help deliver what we intend to accomplish

I personally believe that since the papers are completely different from what crypto communities are used to, they might be a success and can drive attention to Crown

thanks for having patience with us  Wink

My advice: read the papers several times!  Smiley

bigmo

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:30:19 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 11:14:30 AM by bigmo

Great new looking website guys! Looking forward to see the new wallet up and running.

Just to let you know. Last week I have met guys from trezor - Stick and I´m going to meet him again on Monday to finalize some business deal.
But what is more importnant with their latest wallet release they have added support for Dash and Zcash.
https://blog.trezor.io/multi-currency-support-bitcoin-dash-and-zcash-in-trezor-wallet-7377d812112a#.dokql189z
What is great for eventual Crown support in trezor and their webwallet! is that what we need only is working insight fork https://insight.bitpay.com/ which is used at the trezor web wallet backend to process transactions.

I´m able to personally contribute towards this because Crown as a application platform and upcoming Trezor V2 could play very well together.
https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-security-beyond-bitcoin-c99f27b18b6b#.y8yqjno1x . Just for example simple notary - time stamping service using Trezor and crown blockchain would be cool service.

Also today I´ve been reached by guy from slushpool who is currently running the pool for Slush and was helping him with some bitcoin stuff.
It may be surprising with my reputation here, but it is true:-) So if there will be any need to push Crown into Trezor or Sluspool just let me know. With 5PH/s is almost sure crown will be added but if there will be any need of any support just let me know.

I´m still waiting for the logos and code to finalize the tasks I have mentioned before - wallet-generator, bitsquare .

Also the logos should be placed on the new website on some dedicated page to be able to easily reach them and also to let them to be more easily indexed on google end so. I want to type Crown in the browser and see crown logo on the first page on google image search and everyone else searching crown should find crown logo!

I wanted to mention something reagarding your Throne network.

If I need to setup a Throne now I need to rent out a VPS or setup a Raspberry PI node - I´m going to setup one soon. Have one laying around with any usage so why not to use it for this use case.

Setup a VPS or PI be honest is not task for every common joe even with detailed step by step tutorial. People do not like to read tutorials they like to click and go
I think someone of you definitely noticed http://bcoin.io/browser.html which is javascript bitcoin full node in your browser.
Imagine people running nodes in their browsers using their actual resources pcs, laptops and getting rewards for this. Just for example I´m personally renting my storage to Storj decentralized storage and getting paid for it storj tokens released on counterparty. This is another great way of passive income.

What do you think about the idea of running a Throne in the browser?

And last thing I wanted to mention is ssl certificate which should be added on your website.
It will give the website more credibility and at least from my point of view website with green bar looks more serious on the first impression. Also it is better for search engine rankings.
Cheapest Comodo certificate costs 9 USD per year - https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates.aspx which is not a big deal. And even Theymos invested for ssl for btctalk:-))

yoohoo309

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:32:15 PM

All due respect to the development team.  The website looks great and I am looking forward to the wallet and core updates.  That being said... the white papers while well intentioned are completely overwrought.

The preamble and pseudo-philosophy does not add anything.  The lack of clear objectives and lack of technical specifications for what is being proposed is concerning.  Moreover, having to sift through all the superfluous text to understand what exactly is being proposed is a detriment.  I should be able to look at the title of the white paper or the first sentence and understand what is being proposed, instead I have read them all and feel like almost nothing has been clarified, only confused.

The problems crown has proposed to solve, block size and POS/POW alternative are what might bring value to this project.  I understand setting the foundations of the project, but this can be accomplished without the quotes and in plain language that is easily digestible.  Too much esoteric nonsense.

Anyways.  Hopefully more information about these solutions will be available sooner rather than later.

this team is very steady in work and is giving proof for its efforts in this regards.
urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 01:18:14 PM

Critical feedback is essential and appreciated.  I don't think anyone would disagree that the tone of the white papers isn't for everyone -- and as Chaositec mentions there is a strategic reason for the lack of detail.

But I think the key error that you are making is that you are thinking too small, and the idea that you can boil the value of the project down to POS/POW actually illustrates that you haven't grasped what the team is trying to do. What the team is trying to do isn't anything esoteric -- it's just a simple understanding that distributed teams actually represent a new business model, and that the development of a crypto project will be driven by the working of the distributed team, so lets set some rules for that first.  Then we need profitable business models that can operate on the platform -so lets think about that and maybe even have something like turnkey franchise packages where we have worked out the legal issues around application provisioning for the throne providers before we get to that point.  Then you need to think about what cash flows will come after the block rewards -- and saying transaction fees is bullshit, you need to actually be providing a service of value.  And this is all before we really get to a line of code.

But I understand that many would encourage the team to ignore these factors -- and they might seem like nonsense -- until a project finds itself locked in to a narrow use or user base and unable to scale -- which we would argue is actually where Bitcoin is now -- too big to pivot but too small and narrow to ever be of general use -- and now captured by china on the mining side and Visa on the end user side.  Instead of crossing the chasm, a project falls into it.

In terms of the idea that it is pseudo philosophy -- that means "false" philosophy.  I'm not sure what you mean here -- probably quasi-philosophical -- because if it were false then that would imply we are lying about our intentions and goals for it to be false -- but you are patient and seem supportive of the goals and respectful of the team's effort -- so I think what this is really saying is that the papers aren't your style -- which I totally get.  

I would also state that the tone and tenor of the papers isn't nonsense -- it's deliberate and can be read in many different ways.  The whole structure of the papers starts with a social contract and ends with a personal statement and an invitation to others to make their own statements.  This is because unlike projects like Ethereum -- where the machine is functionally given "godlike" status by putting it on the blockchain -- what we believe is central to the project is the people and the community.  The project will only succeed if it helps people achieve their goals and those goals are socially constructive.  So the idea of not just having a social contract -- but prioritizing the human nodes and their freedom is just about as far from nonsense as I think it gets.  I guess when I talk to friends who have lived in regimes and survived real oppression and the lack of rights -- they get and value this.  Lots of folks have fought and died over this idea over the years and we don't seem to have it locked in as a guarantee (especially given the extraordinary surveillance state and advertising-surveillance businesses which now exist worldwide).  

So all this seems really fucking important if you think you might be designing something more than a POS/POW alternative -- but actually would like to have something that could scale to a general purpose platform.

And there are other elements -- but let's move to the code.  Or let's not -- because there are well funded projects who would be able to build whatever we might propose more quickly than we can.  So we would be genuinely stupid to talk too much about that.

Since we can't do that -- what we can try to do is lay out in a few short papers some of the highlights of how the team is thinking -- and do it in a fashion which will annoy many but hopefully attract a few folks who get the vision and the potential importance of it, and invite like minded folks to "throw their weight behind the plow" and help us see if we can build Crown into a general purpose platform for communication, commerce and computation.  So this is what we did with the white papers.  

All the pieces are there not to just do a little distributed storage, or any other single application.  All the pieces are there to create a separate and secure technology and transaction stack virtualizing functions from Hadoop servers to VOIP phone networks.  Did anyone notice this stupid little coin already has Android and Apple apps...?

Just step back and think a little bit.  That is the respect which I would like much more than anything else.

I would also point out that if you get to the end you will understand why I am doing this and where my convictions are.  The ultimate respect is the respect of people -- and building processes and code to enable and enrich their lives rather than imprisoning and manipulating them.  I don't really think any lesser goal is interesting.  We have the pieces to be able to put this together in open source code -- and there may be an interesting legal/regulatory window which the large tech companies -- due to their interest in not being responsible for the software they write and being the largest lobby in Washington DC and other Capitals, have left open for a distributed software project with vision.

So the goal is to be a new platform -- but then it still gets more interesting -- because how do the economics work if you have a platform that does charge an insane vig (like Apple's 30% on the App store)... well the benefits of the platform flow through to the nodes.  If we are able to scale and maintain a general use open source platform, the platform itself doesn't need to pay some venture shareholders -- the platform's "return" insofar as it exists comes through the demand for the tokens which would drive up the price of the currency -- but this isn't a return to the "platform" -- the platform gets nothing, but it shared by all.  You are creating a digital commons.

And yes to many people this is all nonsense -- and in all likelihood, we never achieve these goals and a post mortem could say it was all nonsense... but my own personal belief is that I would like to live in a world where this platform exists.  And it's not about the code -- its about the people who would use the platform and the businesses and the greater freedom and prosperity that they could achieve without being nicked by app stores, or tracked by Uber, stalked by Facebook, etc...

So that's the deal.  And in the meantime -- we have the solution for those other details.  That shit actually isn't hard -- it's all the rest of it and getting the people to come along and allow themselves to escape from the prisons they have built for themselves through their own limited expectations.  

So yeah, I get the idea that you may describe that as overwrought -- but, I would argue more accurate terms might be ambitious or arrogant or unreasonable.

You also have to make the strategic assumption that you will come into contact with regulatory bodies if a project achieves any degree of success - so you plan for that.  You plan for success although it is improbable -- because the consequence of not planning for it is guaranteed failure.  So one role of the papers is to define what this team and project is about -- with sources and things that can be drilled down on into the primary literature later.  There is literally no piece of the papers which isn't in this sense a door onto a whole other set of considerations and supporting arguments.  This is actually completely different than any other crypto project I'm aware of -- and part of why the tone of the papers is different.

One might contrast this strategy of a bootstrapped coin with a vision to be a platform guided by a belief structure and operating principles stated in black and white with other venture backed start-ups who have raised tens of millions of dollars without even really understanding what the components of the bitcoin code were, much less any more sophisticated understanding of what motivated them or their investors behind money.

Maybe it's best for these people with the venture backing to win... and we can just keep a narrow focus on elements of the coin ecosystem and small innovations.  Maybe DA Holdings and Blythe Masters know how to create a better world based on her experience in bringing credit default swaps to the world... BTW hasn't anyone noticed that the dim-lightbulb network is actually bringing swap settlement styles from derivatives into bitcoin... basically the problem child of the financial sector which was the source of problems in the financial crisis (but no one can talk about it because JPM owns the derivatives market and Jamie doesn't play nice if you oppose him in any way).  Feel free to go look up the ISDA margin surveys to see where the multi-trillion dollar margin calls were in the crisis that forced the sale of other assets... but yeah -- great for BTC that these guys are now designing the transaction code for BTC -- couldn't be better. YGFBK...

Maybe that's a better world -- but I don't think any sentient entity could conclude that.

So I guess at this point a way to think of the proposition which Crown offers is the opportunity to try to build a new tech stack which no one owns and where no one is owned by it.  

Along the way you have to solve a lot of problems -- but a lot of the problems in one area have actually been solved in adjacent applications, or other parts of the open source community.  So the solutions amazingly are tested blocks of code, they just haven't been put together in the combinations which we are planning to put them together.  Any problems which we solve will be available to all in our open code base, so regardless of the end success of the overall project -- we are actually very confident that we will be able to move the ball forward in crypto by introducing a few new combinations of things.  

We also know that we are only a few people working on this on the side, so we will need community involvement in every element of the plan from here forward.  Also part of the reason for the tenor of the papers -- if I were to do some work for a group of folks, I would want to know what they are about -- so for those who plan to pitch in but don't know anyone on the team directly, we thought the frameworks in the papers might be valuable.

Hope that makes more sense.  

Once the code update is complete, we move on to: spec, bounty and build... which is where the real fun starts.  I think we all agree on that.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:37:19 PM

With the criticisms you've made we have decided to move away from whitepaper branding, instead they'll be called 'Crown Papers' from now on.

The Crown Papers are more of a compass rather than a specific destination. We know which way we need to go but are unsure about the obstacles we may need to jump over to reach our destination. As we release new features to the network, also will follow technical spec to explain the addition. So maybe slapping white paper in my updates wasn't the best plan.

As a team we have lots to think about right now, like release of wallets, contacting everyone to update, testing...
Once all this is out of the way, we can start to really nail down the 'whitepaper issue'.
rekracing

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:13:21 PM

Are there any crown pools currently working?
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

Are there any crown pools currently working?

[ONLINE POOLS]

Cheesy
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 03:52:17 PM

Great new looking website guys! Looking forward to see the new wallet up and running.

Just to let you know. Last week I have met guys from trezor - Stick and I´m going to meet him again on Monday to finalize some business deal.
But what is more importnant with their latest wallet release they have added support for Dash and Zcash.
https://blog.trezor.io/multi-currency-support-bitcoin-dash-and-zcash-in-trezor-wallet-7377d812112a#.dokql189z
What is great for eventual Crown support in trezor and their webwallet! is that what we need only is working insight fork https://insight.bitpay.com/ which is used at the trezor web wallet backend to process transactions.

I´m able to personally contribute towards this because Crown as a application platform and upcoming Trezor V2 could play very well together.
https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-security-beyond-bitcoin-c99f27b18b6b#.y8yqjno1x . Just for example simple notary - time stamping service using Trezor and crown blockchain would be cool service.

Also today I´ve been reached by guy from slushpool who is currently running the pool for Slush and was helping him with some bitcoin stuff.
It may be surprising with my reputation here, but it is true:-) So if there will be any need to push Crown into Trezor or Sluspool just let me know. With 5PH/s is almost sure crown will be added but if there will be any need of any support just let me know.

I´m still waiting for the logos and code to finalize the tasks I have mentioned before - wallet-generator, bitsquare .

Also the logos should be placed on the new website on some dedicated page to be able to easily reach them and also to let them to be more easily indexed on google end so. I want to type Crown in the browser and see crown logo on the first page on google image search and everyone else searching crown should find crown logo!

If I need to setup a Throne now I need to rent out a VPS or setup a Raspberry PI node - I´m going to setup one soon. Have one laying around with any usage so why not to use it for this use case.

Setup a VPS or PI be honest is not task for every common joe even with detailed step by step tutorial. People do not like to read tutorials they like to click and go
I think someone of you definitely noticed http://bcoin.io/browser.html which is javascript bitcoin full node in your browser.
Imagine people running nodes in their browsers using their actual resources pcs, laptops and getting rewards for this. Just for example I´m personally renting my storage to Storj decentralized storage and getting paid for it storj tokens released on counterparty. This is another great way of passive income.

And last thing I wanted to mention is ssl certificate which should be added on your website.
It will give the website more credibility and at least from my point of view website with green bar looks more serious on the first impression. Also it is better for search engine rankings.
Cheapest Comodo certificate costs 9 USD per year - https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates.aspx which is not a big deal. And even Theymos invested for ssl for btctalk:-))

Bigmo thanks for your comments!

1. Trezor and slushpool - yes push them if you have the opportunity to help this
2. Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink
3. Logo - good idea, pls take it from here http://crown.tech/history scroll to the bottom, anything else you need?
4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea!
5. SSL Certificate, this should not be a problem, the question is if this has real added value. Let me look into it.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:56:55 PM

Again, thanks for your brilliant contributions. Just your advise alone is invaluable.

Id really hate to take the conversation away from the forum but to really move these things along (quick) we need to talk on slack.
I will discuss with the team and get you added over the next few days Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: