Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:35:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

Great new looking website guys! Looking forward to see the new wallet up and running.

Just to let you know. Last week I have met guys from trezor - Stick and I´m going to meet him again on Monday to finalize some business deal.
But what is more importnant with their latest wallet release they have added support for Dash and Zcash.
https://blog.trezor.io/multi-currency-support-bitcoin-dash-and-zcash-in-trezor-wallet-7377d812112a#.dokql189z
What is great for eventual Crown support in trezor and their webwallet! is that what we need only is working insight fork https://insight.bitpay.com/ which is used at the trezor web wallet backend to process transactions.

I´m able to personally contribute towards this because Crown as a application platform and upcoming Trezor V2 could play very well together.
https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-security-beyond-bitcoin-c99f27b18b6b#.y8yqjno1x . Just for example simple notary - time stamping service using Trezor and crown blockchain would be cool service.

Also today I´ve been reached by guy from slushpool who is currently running the pool for Slush and was helping him with some bitcoin stuff.
It may be surprising with my reputation here, but it is true:-) So if there will be any need to push Crown into Trezor or Sluspool just let me know. With 5PH/s is almost sure crown will be added but if there will be any need of any support just let me know.

I´m still waiting for the logos and code to finalize the tasks I have mentioned before - wallet-generator, bitsquare .

Also the logos should be placed on the new website on some dedicated page to be able to easily reach them and also to let them to be more easily indexed on google end so. I want to type Crown in the browser and see crown logo on the first page on google image search and everyone else searching crown should find crown logo!

I wanted to mention something reagarding your Throne network.

If I need to setup a Throne now I need to rent out a VPS or setup a Raspberry PI node - I´m going to setup one soon. Have one laying around with any usage so why not to use it for this use case.

Setup a VPS or PI be honest is not task for every common joe even with detailed step by step tutorial. People do not like to read tutorials they like to click and go
I think someone of you definitely noticed http://bcoin.io/browser.html which is javascript bitcoin full node in your browser.
Imagine people running nodes in their browsers using their actual resources pcs, laptops and getting rewards for this. Just for example I´m personally renting my storage to Storj decentralized storage and getting paid for it storj tokens released on counterparty. This is another great way of passive income.

What do you think about the idea of running a Throne in the browser?

And last thing I wanted to mention is ssl certificate which should be added on your website.
It will give the website more credibility and at least from my point of view website with green bar looks more serious on the first impression. Also it is better for search engine rankings.
Cheapest Comodo certificate costs 9 USD per year - https://www.namecheap.com/security/ssl-certificates.aspx which is not a big deal. And even Theymos invested for ssl for btctalk:-))

Bigmo thanks for your comments!

1. Trezor and slushpool - yes push them if you have the opportunity to help this
2. Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink
3. Logo - good idea, pls take it from here http://crown.tech/history scroll to the bottom, anything else you need?
4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea!
5. SSL Certificate, this should not be a problem, the question is if this has real added value. Let me look into it.

Absolutely get an ssl certificate, it looks and feels safer. I assumed we already had one TBH Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
entropycoin

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:24:24 PM

I've been unable to start a throne on my local machine and would appreciate any guidance in doing so. I'd love to set this up on a vps, but my time is extremely limited with work and a newborn.

After creating a throne in the thrones tab and entering my vp4 address:9340(as this was the port indicated in eightspace's video) and sending 10,000 crw to the address generated, I logged into my router and port forwarded to 9340 for my local machine. I then generated the config file editing port= with 9340 and replacing the text within crowncoin.conf. When I attempt to start the throne I get error: could not allocate vin for collateral/address. Any ideas?

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:09:07 PM

I've been unable to start a throne on my local machine and would appreciate any guidance in doing so. I'd love to set this up on a vps, but my time is extremely limited with work and a newborn.

After creating a throne in the thrones tab and entering my vp4 address:9340(as this was the port indicated in eightspace's video) and sending 10,000 crw to the address generated, I logged into my router and port forwarded to 9340 for my local machine. I then generated the config file editing port= with 9340 and replacing the text within crowncoin.conf. When I attempt to start the throne I get error: could not allocate vin for collateral/address. Any ideas?

you need to wait 15 rounds before you can use the collateral, also go into the debug window ant type "throne outputs" this will show valid transactions for use with a throne, also since your running behind a firewall, you need to add your external ip to the config file with externalip=yourexternalipaddress:port

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
entropycoin

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:59:21 AM

you need to wait 15 rounds before you can use the collateral, also go into the debug window ant type "throne outputs" this will show valid transactions for use with a throne, also since your running behind a firewall, you need to add your external ip to the config file with externalip=yourexternalipaddress:port

Didn't work. I have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses. my external ip shows as ipv6. would this need to be added to the config file in place of the ipv4 address? if so, would it need to be separated by periods instead of colons with the colon at the end indicating the port number?

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:54:07 PM

Didn't work. I have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses. my external ip shows as ipv6. would this need to be added to the config file in place of the ipv4 address? if so, would it need to be separated by periods instead of colons with the colon at the end indicating the port number?

The network only accepts ipv4 addresses as far as I'm aware.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 09:08:20 AM

Sorry for the delay in helping you.  Everybody is working hard to test the new release.  It would be a good idea if you waited until it was available before getting your Throne running.  Both to save you time and due to the fact that the new wallet fixes a crazy number of bugs.

I *think* it will be ready today.
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

Just testing Mac, looks very good, syncing. We would really like to release this evening / Europe time.

We will update the Thread.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:33:26 PM

Crown Core Updates 2/2
v0.12.0.1
EVERYONE MUST UPDATE
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What's new?

NOTES
- Pools must set their mining address in crown.conf using auxminingaddr=
- Can all pools be so kind to provide us with their address used to mine, we'd like to use the info to create statistics.
- A hard fork is scheduled to happen at block 1,265,000 which is approximately 7 days away.
- Reason for HardFork, Bitcoin core updated to 0.10 Bugs fixed, lots of reasons.

Bitcoin Core 0.10
-Faster synchronization
-Improved signing security
-Consensus library
-Many more...

Dash Core 0.12
-Masternode Voting
-Major Improvement to Thrones
-Removed reference node
-Many more...

Complete GUI overhaul of the QT!

Brand New Website

[WALLET DOWNLOADS]

Other Useful Resources

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:46:47 PM

Crown Core Updates 2/2
v0.12.0.1
EVERYONE MUST UPDATE

What's new?

NOTES
- Pools must set their mining address in crown.conf using auxminingaddr=
- Can all pools be so kind to provide us with their address used to mine, we'd like to use the info to create statistics.
- A hard fork is scheduled to happen at block 1,265,000 which is approximately 7 days away.
- Reason for HardFork, Bitcoin core updated to 0.10 Bugs fixed, lots of reasons.

Bitcoin Core 0.10
-Faster synchronization
-Improved signing security
-Consensus library
-Many more...

Dash Core 0.12
-Masternode Voting
-Major Improvement to Thrones
-Removed reference node
-Many more...

Complete GUI overhaul of the QT!

Brand New Website

[WALLET DOWNLOADS]

Other Useful Resources

Great!
Hopefully, the better for the future.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:51:52 PM

Testing personal node prior to updating pool (will update within 24 hours most likely).

stratum+tcp://mergemining.com:9332
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 10:59:00 PM

Testing personal node prior to updating pool (will update within 24 hours most likely).

Great news, thank you!
Let us know the results of your test's Smiley
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:25:02 PM

I've updated the Thrones tab with a new Windows/linux vps setup guide and Infernomans Throne income calculator.

[THRONES]

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:34:40 PM

Node-vps.com will update the daemons over the next 48 hours

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:58:35 AM

When you update please add auxminingaddr=<MININGADDRESSHERE> to your crown.conf and if you could post that address it would be greatly appreciated. We would like to figure out the block distribution for as many pools as possible.
entropycoin

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:28:31 AM

Sorry for the delay in helping you.  Everybody is working hard to test the new release.  It would be a good idea if you waited until it was available before getting your Throne running.  Both to save you time and due to the fact that the new wallet fixes a crazy number of bugs.

Oh no problem, I'm appreciative of all the advice I've received. I'm hopeful I can carve out a little time Wednesday to download the new wallet and give it another shot through a vps instance. The new design looks fantastic and along with the recently released whitepaper, shows a strong commitment from the crown staff.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:45:19 AM

Oh no problem, I'm appreciative of all the advice I've received. I'm hopeful I can carve out a little time Wednesday to download the new wallet and give it another shot through a vps instance. The new design looks fantastic and along with the recently released whitepaper, shows a strong commitment from the crown staff.

No problem, let us know if you need any help.

Just updating my Thrones.  New wallet seems really stable on my remote servers but having problems with my local dev server.  Probably an environment issue though, trying to work it out now.
bigmo

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:15:48 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2017, 11:11:08 AM by bigmo

1. Trezor and slushpool - yes push them if you have the opportunity to help this

Yes, there is definitely few areas how I can help. Lets dicuss this on slack.
2. Notary service - this feature is a very important one, I would like to see it running on Crown. Who will make it happen?  Wink

I´m aware of it and thats way a pointed out this feature. Lets discuss on Slack
3. Logo - good idea, pls take it from here http://crown.tech/history scroll to the bottom, anything else you need?

Ok, I will try to use the logo from there.
4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea! Ok, cool. I think this definitely think to atleast considerable to think about:-)

5. SSL Certificate, this should not be a problem, the question is if this has real added value. Let me look into it.

Well the biggest added values are as Stonehedge mentioned. You are building application platform with the highest level of security on the market so you should show to everyone that security is your top priority.

Defunctec - no problem I´m happy to help where I can. Looking forward to be added on slack and discuss this is details.

I´m syncing the QT now. The UI looks great and it is definitely good step forward from the bitcoin qt UI.

Just 2 quick comments before I sync the wallet and will be able to test it.

1. In Transaction history tab when you want to sort trans. there is Darksent text left which remains the wallet has being cloned from Dash it is not a big issue not at all but good to think to update the text with some next wallet release.

2. Second think is the logo with the light blue color is hardly visible as a windows icon on taskbar. It is not a big issue again but people with worse vision could have problems:-)

3. Why does Windows QT client does not include Thrones tab which has being showed in the screenshots before?

adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:46:59 AM

Hi

After windows wallet update when i try to start throne i get error: Not capable throne: Could not connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I updated linux vps server too, but nothing changed...

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:04:34 AM

Hi

After windows wallet update when i try to start throne i get error: Not capable throne: Could not connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I updated linux vps server too, but nothing changed...

double check they are updated, check output from "throne outputs" if the txid and vout are correct in your throne.conf

crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 12:30:08 PM

Yes, there is definitely few areas how I can help. Lets dicuss this on slack.

I´m aware of it and thats way a pointed out this feature. Lets discuss on Slack

Ok, I will try to use the logo from there.
4. Thrones on a browser - we will discuss in the team, for me it is a good idea! Ok, cool. I think this definitely think to atleast considerable to think about:-)

Well the biggest added values are as Stonehedge mentioned. You are building application platform with the highest level of security on the market so you should show to everyone that security is your top priority.

Defunctec - no problem I´m happy to help where I can. Looking forward to be added on slack and discuss this is details.

I´m syncing the QT now. The UI looks great and it is definitely good step forward from the bitcoin qt UI.

Just 2 quick comments before I sync the wallet and will be able to test it.

1. In Transaction history tab when you want to sort trans. there is Darksent text left which remains the wallet has being cloned from Dash it is not a big issue not at all but good to think to update the text with some next wallet release.

2. Second think is the logo with the light blue color is hardly visible as a windows icon on taskbar. It is not a big issue again but people with worse vision could have problems:-)

3. Why does Windows QT client does not include Thrones tab which has being showed in the screenshots before?

1. Darksend, we will take it out
2. Good point, we will change the color of teh logo in the windows icon on taskbar
3. Infernoman took the Throne tab out, since the tab was not useful there. you set up thrones through a vps anyway. @infernoman?

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: