Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:27:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR vs DRK  (Read 69688 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:16:22 AM

Your sense of humor is twisted and your sense of logic is illogical.

<off topic>
I concur.
</off topic>

Can you explain to me how influencing performance is exercising control?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:24:07 AM

Your sense of humor is twisted and your sense of logic is illogical.

<off topic>
I concur.
</off topic>

Can you explain to us how influencing performance could NOT be exercising control?

If a bookie pays off a player or players on a team in order to influence their performance so as to not beat the "spread," it is definitely seen as exercising control.

See Chicago "Black" Sox

Say it ain't so, Joe!
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:37:34 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 02:54:14 AM by Gladimor

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

WOW. Just WOW. I haven't read that post by Vertoe yet, and this just stunned me. Vertoe was one of DARK's strongest core developers. Seeing this just further confirms what has been CONTINUOUSLY stated for the past dozen pages: DASH is not a decentralized currency. It fails to follow the most basic principle of the BitCoin protocol: decentralization.

Bravo Vertoe. You have a new fan.

Mining since 2014
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:22:18 AM

toknormal I read through your post, and I have spent some time thinking about how to make my post sound intelligent by using big words and mis-representing facts.

My god, I leave for a few days and the "analysis" gets weaker than before.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we can understand concepts without asking Siri, or took a few liberties with trolls—we did. [winks at Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole system responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted masternodes. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole crypto system? And if the whole crypto system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our programming languages in general? I put it to you, Debora: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to DASH, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

I understand. When I write clearly and understandably you feel the need to diminish what I wrote by insulting me. Are you insulting me just because I'm female and you think I'm soft? Do you think you can get away with attacks like that because I won't fight back? Shame on you.

It is an indictment of the Dash system as a whole because it is not just liberties taken with trolls, it is stated on the Dash website. The about page, https://www.dashpay.io/about/what-is-dash/, says "No central authorities to trust because of full decentralization, even for the anonymization process" when that isn't true. Dash sets out a definition of it that is false. It is up to us, former and current Dash holders, to decide whether this false definition is 'accidental' like the instamine or evidence of an outright scam.

The Wikipedia page keeps saying that components in a decentralized system act on local information. This is what makes so much sense to me. Think of it like the FireChat app that was used in protests, http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26285-hong-kong-protesters-use-a-mesh-network-to-organise.html, have you read about that? Each phone talks to other nearby phones, exchanging 'local information' only. If a protester is 1000 feet from another one then the message has to go through this chain. Here's a picture I found describing it.

If component 9 wants to talk to component 1 it has to go 9 to 7 to 6 to 1, or it can go 9 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1. Even if you start taking components out it will still find a way! When you have MasterNodes influencing that path or trying to improve the performance of the path the MasterNodes become the central control. The reason that protestors don't just setup wifi networks is that they're easy to monitor or to take down.

I also think it's best if you don't try argue this point seeing as how vertoe agrees that it is centralized. When your own core developer says this, and many clever people agree, you can't argue that is false based on bias or what you describe as 'faulty logic'. You have to argue it based on its merits and you haven't done that. All you've done is insult me and my intelligence.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:37:22 AM

To me (non techie) it seems as if the MNs are the (decentralized) firechat users of the analogy.
Also, Vertoe  did not say the MN network was centralized, but the fact that Evan is currently the only dev and that he has the final word on everything.
I do not think he is critical of the MN network as such.

DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:38:10 AM

To me (non techie) it seems as if the MNs are the (decentralized) firechat users of the analogy.
Also, Vertoe  did not say the MN network was centralized, but the fact that Evan is currently the only dev and that he has the final word on everything.
I do not think he is critical of the MN network as such.

I think vertoe saying that it 'reaches deep into the code base' means that its more than just organizational.

You need to take the analogy further than that. If the MNs are the FireChat users, what are normal nodes? The argument that I've seen made over and over is that MNs use the same code as normal nodes, but now you're saying that MNs are somehow a network on their own? It doesn't match up.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:01:47 AM

Evan has some kind of kill switch too
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

toknormal I read through your post, and I have spent some time thinking about how to make my post sound intelligent by using big words and mis-representing facts.

My god, I leave for a few days and the "analysis" gets weaker than before.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we can understand concepts without asking Siri, or took a few liberties with trolls—we did. [winks at Dean Wormer] But you can't hold a whole system responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted masternodes. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole crypto system? And if the whole crypto system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our programming languages in general? I put it to you, Debora: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to DASH, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Dude. Did you watch National Lampoon's Animal House just prior to posting that comment?

https://youtu.be/ROxvT8KKdFw?t=1m4s

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:25:27 PM

decentralization fail

No different than the Banksters.

FAILCOIN!

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:31:54 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 10:01:41 PM by toknormal

toknormal I read through your post, and I have spent some time thinking about it and researching it.

Hello Debora

I also read through your post and appreciate your points which are clearly made in good faith so I'll respond in kind.

Without going through it point by point, I understand that you think that any form of service oriented functional diversity in a cryptocurrency network amounts to "centralisation" by the definition you cite, and is therefore "bad".

So I did some research on decentralization.... 'A centralised system is one in which a central controller exercises control over the lower-level components of the system...Doesn't that sound like MasterNodes?

What you've done here is start with your conclusion (centralisation) and worked back to the hypothesis. If you do that with almost any aspect of modern information systems you’ll get a “result”.

Lets be specific. A single Dash wallet may use several, randomly selected network peers (running exactly the same daemon) to provide it with a ‘service’. In the specific context that that one node depends on those other nodes to deliver the service, then there is some interdependency which you are free to interpret as you see fit. If you call it “centralisation” then you must at the same time dismiss any kind of service oriented functional diversity in the network as such. I’d see that as the “functional” aspect of the debate.

As far as the ‘structural’ aspect goes (the network composition), it’s academic. The network is in no way, shape or form centralised because no recourse to a central authority is required to operate a deamon in a service capacity (with ‘masternode=1’ in its config) and their function is reproducable as many times as you like. Nor can they be characterised as centralised by their hosting profile. Regardless of the hosting service, nodes remain functionally independent and secured by coin collateral. You can’t “take over” a masternode without having access to the private key that collateralises it. Even Vertoe himself endorsed this view:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=939072.msg10344491#msg10344491

What he alluded to as “centralised” was the fact that that the project has a lead dev who is probably irreplaceable. Well I won’t argue with that - at least in terms of his ideas - but I’m happy to accept it and take the risk for now as long as he looks both ways when he’s crossing the road.

You do the cryptography in Monero a disservice when you describe it as off-the-shelf. Ring signatures are not new cryptography but the application in Monero is definitely innovative.

Fair enough. I’m happy to accept that there’s something distinct there, but all I’m aware of is viewkeys and a database to hold the blockchain bloat. The problem here - at least for an investor - is that Cryptonote is a tiny market thats getting ever more crowded and my ‘off-the-shelf” remark refers to the fact that all the players subscribe to a common approach. For example here comes Bytcoin with a spanking new GUI wallet, the lack of which XMR holders have lamented for the best part of a year, but the anon-tech is stock.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008146.msg10939927#msg10939927

If I had to guess I'd say 99% of the merchants out there use Bitpay or Coinbase or one of the others for interacting with Bitcoin, so I am not sure this is much of a problem, if at all.

I also think it's very cheeky of you to make a statement like this as if attributing the API compatability or the Dash GUI wallet to Evan's hard work. You and I both know that he hasn't worked on any of that from scratch. Maybe we can give him credit for minor changes to the Bitcoin GUI.

There is a much bigger point at stake here than what your alluding to.

A financial system is inherently a public asset. It is at once an economic continuum and a collection of private interests that have to be protected. The revolution of Bitcoin was to bring it into the open while anonymising its participants which it has done with incredible success (to see that, try tracing any of the heists that have taken place). People love the ecosystem of blockchain analysis tools, transparency, sense of participation and simultaneous preservation of their financial anonymity. It is the “holy grail” of money and it isn’t going away now that it’s “out there”.

What we don’t need IMO is to throw that entire revolution down a cryptographic black hole and send ourselves back to the dark ages - specially in the name of “disempowering the “elite”. Make no mistake, the “elite” will find it far easier to usurp a system where nobody can see anything than one who’s mechanics can be observed by everyone, that’s in the ‘ownership’ of everyone and that’s statistically accountable to everyone.

What bitcoin is missing is the ‘cash drawer’ metaphor that optimises its fungibility and protects anonymity at the same time. You don’t make an electronic monetary media more fungible by making it “invisible”. To be fungible, cash has to be visible otherwise what’s the point ? A viewkey that only lets you see a single address is ok for that one person, but you can’t run a financial system on that basis. If it's decentralised and free of counterparties (a banking system) then the economy as a whole has to be able to see it and audit it.

I’ve heard the arguments about cryptography vs Dash’s mixing algos and - although I accept that cryptography can do a better job of ”hiding” a transaction -  they don’t convince me as to their practical merits because; A) the practical difference in detectability is so marginal and B) they always compare 1 single pass of cryptographic ‘protection’ with a single pass of mixing which is totally unrealistic and always works in the Cryptonote’s favour. The reality is that in an open system with pre-emptive mixing the entire coin supply is being continually anonymised in the background. This IMO does justice to the twin objectives that Bitcoin had of an open, publicly accountable and owned financial system, combined with optimal preservation of its participant’s privacy.

That is what I meant by “legacy compliant”. The ability to take advantage of mobile wallet tech, commercial API’s and reporting tools are a handy bonus.

I used the People Behind Monero page on the Monero website, https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people, and I researched all the people there. They are mostly people who have been in the cryptocurrency community for years

Again - I don't doubt that they are all interested in crypto. I just don't see anyone who's a full time dev turning out core new features month after month. I see people who are either full time marketing or may "dip into the code" now and again. I don't know that to be categorically the case - I'm just saying what it looks like so happy to be corrected, but maintaining a code base is a very different skill to developing original work.

When I first bought my monero on the old cryptonote exchange I used a crappy old command line wallet to download it. That was the first “hint” I had that this project wasn’t ’very customer oriented’ and lacked developmental capacity. When I came back 9 months later I still had to use that thing and, despite what the websites say, getting simplewallet to run on a Mac under Terminal is murder - even if your a coder. What I was expecting was something like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008146.msg10939927#msg10939927

That roadmap at least alludes to some basic, user-oriented principles and adoption-oriented priorities (difficult to deliver on) as opposed to a load of downloaded academic quotes, graphics and theories (easy to deliver on).

You are passionate about Dash

I’m passionate about most of the tech in crypto - even cryptonote beleive it or not. What prompted me to contribute in the ‘tribal warfare’ of late was that I’d had enough of the Monero core team crawling over every thread that discussed Dash for the last 3 months and smothering any constructive discussion with a stream of emotive terms such as “broken”, “scam” and “fail” while incessantly maligning a perfectly good dev for being “incompetent” and even “fraudulent”. It’s been a campaign of defamation which has bordered on a witch hunt at times and is odious to watch.

Another reason the wars and mud slinging is unnecessary is because, as I’ve described above, it’s an apples and pears product comparison like Concorde fans berating 747 fans for being too slow. The real comparison gets totally lost (which may be their intention) and that is:

[1] - an open, transparent financial system that’s accountable to both the individual and the collective economy VS a closed one who’s only observable facet is a single account by a single individual

[2] - functional diversification of cryptocurrency networks into service oriented architectures VS mono functional, high redundancy ones

You pays your money and takes your choice. I don’t mind which one you pick, but if someone tries to convince me that the choice is between a “broken” and “working” architecture when the reality is much more profound, then I can only assume they’re trying to disguise the poverty of their own offering.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:35:05 PM

It is called spork and it allows the holder of the keys (Evan?) to roll back code under spork without a hard fork. As more code is placed under spork the degree of centralization increases since coin features under spork can be taken out without a hard fork by the holder of the keys. One can see from the code, https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/spork.h that instant X and the masternode payments are under spork. Now here is an interesting question: What proportion of the code in a Decentralized Virtual Currency has to be under spork in order to turn it into a Centralized Virtual Currency, according to FinCEN http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:59:38 PM

It is called spork and it allows the holder of the keys (Evan?) to roll back code under spork without a hard fork. As more code is placed under spork the degree of centralization increases since coin features under spork can be taken out without a hard fork by the holder of the keys. One can see from the code, https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/spork.h that instant X and the masternode payments are under spork. Now here is an interesting question: What proportion of the code in a Decentralized Virtual Currency has to be under spork in order to turn it into a Centralized Virtual Currency, according to FinCEN http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html?

The spork needs the consensus of the network (miners and MN operators MUST agree on the code) to be activated, how does it increase the degree of centralization?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:08:35 PM

The spork needs the consensus of the network (miners and MN operators MUST agree on the code) to be activated, how does it increase the degree of centralization?

... because once the code is activated with the consensus of the network it can be de activated without the consensus of the network. Therein lies the centralization.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
5w00p

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:42:55 PM

VERY, interesting question. And one which those of us that are not judges in the U.S. judicial system (or jurors, should it go to that point) will not be making the decision on. We can speculate until we are blue in the face, and prosecutors, attorneys, LEO's, etc will of course be involved in the proceedings when and if they take place, but your pointing out that the U.S. does have codes, laws, and regulations regarding these types of things is very astute.

Considering that the D-Coin Foundation (whatever it is being called these days) is incorporated in Arizona, USA and E.D. is apparently a U.S, citizen, I would imagine that there is already a monitoring program in place. None of it has to be publicly announced. How many MN's are actually gov't-controlled?

5w00p

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:50:39 PM

http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

c. De-Centralized Virtual Currencies

A final type of convertible virtual currency activity involves a de-centralized convertible virtual currency (1) that has no central repository and no single administrator, and (2) that persons may obtain by their own computing or manufacturing effort.

A person that creates units of this convertible virtual currency and uses it to purchase real or virtual goods and services is a user of the convertible virtual currency and not subject to regulation as a money transmitter.

To note is that this document is a Guidance, not actual code or regulation. It is very helpful and descriptive and references the pertinent code, however.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:56:14 AM

Nice one.  Fit for the Domination Post Hall of Fame!
Added to the list: Darkcoin's Domination Posts

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:54:59 AM

Nice one.  Fit for the Domination Post Hall of Fame!
Added to the list: Darkcoin's Domination Posts

IF "David Latapie" = "boy"
  THEN  "Nice to see a Monero core team player in action.  So adult.  So admirable"
  ELSE  "Ignore me, I'm not supposed to call girls out on their bullshit"  //see above
ENDIF
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:27:15 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 12:40:35 PM by toknormal

THEN  "Nice to see a Monero core team player in action.  So adult.  So admirable"

The motivation behind that post is that the Monero team have an implicit (though open) agenda which they have been attempting to play out for months without ever stating it plainly. That is to divest us of one of the principle tenets of Bitcoin and Satoshi’s vision and the one which will probably herald the biggest revolution in finance since ‘the Fed’ - the public ledger.

To acheive this, they’ve got to convince people of three things:

[1] - that the public ledger is of little or no benefit to them either collectively or individually and it is in fact “a threat”

[2] - that any technology attempting to enhance anonymity directly while preserving the concept of the public ledger is either flawed, a scam or unsecure

[3] - that “visibility” and “fungibility” are interchangeable monetary properties and therefore that money will retain its value even if “invisible”

IMO, the deception and slight of hand involved constitutes far more justification for the “s” word than the issues with Darkcoin’s launch that forms such a central element to their artillery. Hypothetical attack vectors on a technology which is directly addressing fungibility and anonymity without recourse to impacting on visibility would actually be useful if not made in such a sinister context.

Ever heard the phrase “show me the money” ? That derives from the fact that all else being equal, visible money is far more valuable than invisible money. So according to this agenda, not only would the system be divested of the public ledger, but also suffer an adverse impact on its monetary worth. You’d end up with something that’s private but worthless.

Finally, none of the subtleties of this debate are going to mean anything unless the whole phenomenon of Bitcoin and crypto as a whole gets something approaching mass adoption. In that regard, if you thought selling people the idea of virtual money thats visible was hard, good luck with selling them virtual money thats “invisible”  Wink

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:21:06 PM

That is to divest us of one of the principle tenets of Bitcoin and Satoshi’s vision and the one which will probably herald the biggest revolution in finance since ‘the Fed’ - the public ledger.

Don't you think mathematical proof is also one of the principle tenets of bitcoin ?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:29:26 PM

THEN  "Nice to see a Monero core team player in action.  So adult.  So admirable"

The motivation behind that post is that the Monero team have an implicit (though open) agenda which they have been attempting to play out for months without ever stating it plainly. That is to divest us of one of the principle tenets of Bitcoin and Satoshi’s vision and the one which will probably herald the biggest revolution in finance since ‘the Fed’ - the public ledger.

To acheive this, they’ve got to convince people of three things:

[1] - that the public ledger is of little or no benefit to them either collectively or individually and it is in fact “a threat”

[2] - that any technology attempting to enhance anonymity directly while preserving the concept of the public ledger is either flawed, a scam or unsecure

[3] - that “visibility” and “fungibility” are interchangeable monetary properties and therefore that money will retain its value even if “invisible”

IMO, the deception and slight of hand involved constitutes far more justification for the “s” word than the issues with Darkcoin’s launch that forms such a central element to their artillery. Hypothetical attack vectors on a technology which is directly addressing fungibility and anonymity without recourse to impacting on visibility would actually be useful if not made in such a sinister context.

Ever heard the phrase “show me the money” ? That derives from the fact that all else being equal, visible money is far more valuable than invisible money. So according to this agenda, not only would the system be divested of the public ledger, but also suffer an adverse impact on its monetary worth. You’d end up with something that’s private but worthless.

Finally, none of the subtleties of this debate are going to mean anything unless the whole phenomenon of Bitcoin and crypto as a whole gets something approaching mass adoption. In that regard, if you thought selling people the idea of virtual money thats visible was hard, good luck with selling them virtual money thats “invisible”  Wink

Nice post - really. I think the heat has died down here.

What you might be missing though is the optional visibility of the monero blockchain, right? I'd be interested in your take on this with that in mind.

IMO, the bitcoin blockchain is essentially the equivalent of everyone walking down the street with their wallets open, their bank statement printed on their t-shirt, and they are dragging all of their receipts behind them like one of those long tail wedding dresses.

The monero blockchain is the equivalent of everyone walking down the street in their normal clothes with their wallet in their pocket. If someone asks "hey, did you buy that taco?" A person could go "yes, i did, here's my receipt" and use the viewkey to show them the transaction. Or, if someone shouts "Hey, I need a million bucks, who can help me out?" You have the CHOICE to respond to this if you'd like.

Whereas if you're wearing the long tail dress and t-shirt, everyone on the street knows you have a million bucks.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: