Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345712 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

lol..

like generalizethis i'm not so fond of the bible, i washed myself of those religion stuff, i just filter or skip and just harness the point, logic and reason....but somebody's gonna talk ^  Grin  

i like to make fun of things written there (bible) but i'm over it..those are the days of loitering and having fun with religious and philosophical discussions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:36:10 PM

Even if I don't believe in something, even if I know something is a fraud, or even can prove it's a fake; my ethics constraints me to accept one's beliefs. "What ethics has to do with religion", you might ask... Religion often offers people a standing point into their stormy lives. I rarely try to debunk such a belief,  or argue with it; because if I do, I may destroy what this human has thought as utterly important for his own existence; and that I find unethical.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 08:53:58 PM

Even if I don't believe in something, even if I know something is a fraud, or even can prove it's a fake; my ethics constraints me to accept one's beliefs. "What ethics has to do with religion", you might ask... Religion often offers people a standing point into their stormy lives. I rarely try to debunk such a belief,  or argue with it; because if I do, I may destroy what this human has thought as utterly important for his own existence; and that I find unethical.

Why should religon be the one area were we don't question someone's belief? If no one had ever questioned me on it, I'd still be living in the mental prison of organized religion--and i find that unethical.

But more to the point is why is it being leveraged in a political discussion? Let's not forget that Revelations damns everyone who doesn't fit within a prescribed belief system. Do you see me threatening anyone with eternal damnation or referencing materials that do? And if your beliefs can't handle being questioned, how strong were they to begin with?

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:36:52 PM

Why should religon be the one area were we don't question someone's belief? If no one had ever questioned me on it, I'd still be living in the mental prison of organized religion--and i find that unethical.

Let me clarify (once more) we're on the same boat on this. A mental prison has only one key and it's called "Knowledge". This has nothing to do with God or any religion. You were ready to question what you thought it had a flaw (or didn't serve your needs). That's why you were able to question it in the first place. And that's ethical also as sane.

On the other hand, if you were not ready to question your faith, then a person who would "oblige" you to do it, by "opening your eyes" would probably make things worse and possibly he would have gained himself a devoted enemy. Please understand that not everybody is "open minded" and as I said, religion is often used as a safe heaven for a troubled soul. Maybe we should just let people to it.

But more to the point is why is it being leveraged in a political discussion? Let's not forget that Revelations damns everyone who doesn't fit within a prescribed belief system. Do you see me threatening anyone with eternal damnation or referencing materials that do? And if your beliefs can't handle being questioned, how strong were they to begin with?

If you think that religion has nothing to do with politics you're obviously need to reconsider. Both are tightly associated with a synaptic bond that serves back and forth "pro bono" the needs of each other. Each will dispense its services to each other whenever the society "demands" it. This has nothing to do with either the first, not the later; it has only has to do with control and power over the hordes of desperate people.

You are agnostic, so I presume you're very much aware what I'm talking about here. Enough said.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

Let me clarify (once more) we're on the same boat on this. A mental prison has only one key and it's called "Knowledge". This has nothing to do with God or any religion. You were ready to question what you thought it had a flaw (or didn't serve your needs). That's why you were able to question it in the first place. And that's ethical also as sane.

On the other hand, if you were not ready to question your faith, then a person who would "oblige" you to do it, by "opening your eyes" would probably make things worse and possibly he would have gained himself a devoted enemy. Please understand that not everybody is "open minded" and as I said, religion is often used as a safe heaven for a troubled soul. Maybe we should just let people to it.

If you think that religion has nothing to do with politics you're obviously need to reconsider. Both are tightly associated with a synaptic bond that serves back and forth "pro bono" the needs of each other. Each will dispense its services to each other whenever the society "demands" it. This has nothing to do with either the first, not the later; it has only has to do with control and power over the hordes of desperate people.

You are agnostic, so I presume you're very much aware what I'm talking about here. Enough said.

We are on the same page. But why are you questioning me questioning religion when someone else brought it to the thread in the first place? If you bring it into the conversation, you should be prepared to talk about it or even to defend it. I just don't want to read how I'm one of the damned antichrist followers (or not one of the chosen--same thing, different posture) when i come to this thread. Is that asking too much? I'm sure everyone has better things to do, but next time i'm just going to start quoting Nick Land and Nietzsche and that way I can relegate my beliefs to the authority of a higher power.

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 01:23:18 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2015, 01:38:08 AM by trollercoaster

I have no problem with spirituality or politics, but when they get mashed together and put through the futurism blender, it gets real weird, real quick.

I agree with this, though I am interested to see more of rpietilas interpretations of events and how they fit in with revelations, maybe a seperate thread?
Religious discussion tends to get people fired up and derail threads when injected into the topic.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 07:17:52 AM

rpietila have you seen that Christianity is taking over China?

The Communist Party is wrecked. The taipans don't want to give up their State owned enterprises monopolies which is what is holding back China.

We are nearing another Berlin wall collapse. Armstrong's computer model says Asia will bottom by 2020.

Anonymous currency and internet will be non-violent tools the people can employ to assert their sovereignty so they can ruled by only one King (for atheists that is a different King than for Christians).

Sorry, thought you were being serious about this comment to Risto and lumped you into the taking Revelations as what will actually happen crowd. In which case you may not be directly quoting, but directly paraphrasing a book by a bunch of dudes who think they have divine inspiration from a magical spaceman. In truth i don't want to know your religious beliefs and didn't go any further in my speculation than those two items (one yours, one Risto's) in the thread.

Did I not write that atheists have a different King (probably themselves or "nature" or the "universe") than Christians. That is logically a balanced statement that includes everyone, not just Christians.

I think we can drop this topic.

We are muddling the point that China is rapidly shifting from Communist to Christian.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:31:45 AM

Armstrong says all internet activity in Australia will be monitored starting Oct 13:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/36649

trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:15:16 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 01:48:58 AM by trollercoaster

that is true..

http://m.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/data-retention-and-the-end-of-australians-digital-privacy-20150827-gj96kq.html

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/new-victorian-anti-consorting-laws-to-stop-bikies-and-criminals-meeting-in-person-or-online/
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:31:46 AM

I've been formulating the design of the perfect anonymity network.

It has become apparent that there will be no way to reliably hide servers that have a very high amount of traffic, because they need to blend in with the users.

Thus the age of distributed databases is upon us. MaidSafe doesn't appear to me to be the correct (and certainly not the complete) solution (details will be explained in the future or will become apparent).

The future will be one where a website is essentially a gateway that coordinates the many users who are actually serving and sharing the data with each other.

Nearly everything about creating and programming a website will change. Programmers will have to adjust.

One (amongst a multitude) of the fundamental mistakes both I2P and Tor make is the hidden servers publish onion routes to themselves. This is essentially "call me". Instead the only way to make them secure is to invert the control to "I will call you". There are so many fundamental errors in I2P and Tor, it makes you wonder if the designers are complete idiots. Rather I think their goal wasn't anonymity against the NSA, just privacy against your average Joe Blow.

trollercoaster
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 12:38:21 PM

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/26/first-state-legalizes-armed-drones-for-cops-thanks-to-a-lobbyist.html
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:48:53 AM

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-begins-shooting-for-first-time-since-shoulder-surgery/2015/08/22/

Quote from: Kobe Byrant
Bout damn time!!

Two superstars who have been hobbled over the past 3 years hoping to make a comeback. This morning started eating raw leafy greens and coconut meat exclusively. Ran 2 kms. Hope this works.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-kobe-shaq-feud-20150830-story.html

O'Neal asked Bryant if this would be his last season.

"I'm training and getting ready for the season," said Bryant, who has resumed shooting after surgery to repair a torn right rotator cuff. "I'm really excited about this is my 20th [season]. Twenty years. That's nuts! I couldn't imagine playing for 20 years back in the day. So I'm just getting ready. I'm really excited for the team."

Feeling excited today. Feels really great to get some energy food back in my body. Feels really great to run at 6am. Feels really great to start a day of work with a clear mind, energy, and no headache! Hope my health cooperates...

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:04:16 PM

Not sure what the topic of this thread is now, but I remember reading Anonymint complaints about the long term validity of Cryptonote like a year ago.  Anyone remember what it was or the link to it?  Or was it just all PoW in general?

With pruning coming to Cryptonote, my interest in it is increasing.  I also just posted why I see systems like Emunie being a huge Pandora's box of trouble and why this coin will probably be the one governments co-opt and force onto it's citziens:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1167031.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:41:08 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 07:25:39 PM by TPTB_need_war

r0ach, Monero is the best on chain anonymity coin that is live now. I have a much superior on chain anonymity solution designed and it is under implementation. In addition to that point, Monero relies on I2P which doesn't provide anonymity against the NSA. Additionally Monero just like all PoW coins to date, can't scale (pruning or not is irrelevant to scaling) without mining becoming centralized thus losing censorship resistance.

For the time being, I am happy we have Monero. But I am not satisfied and am definitely planning on replacing it. Whether it is a good investment or not, is every person's own decision to make. I believe we are in down market for crypto until Spring and also I don't think anonymity is big enough market to go after alone. I will of course be going after anonymity, but that won't be the main market I am targeting. If you really want a big gain on investment, you need a really big target market. I'd rather go after social networks, etc.. The improved anonymity will come as an optional side benefit.

P.S. my personal update...(not narcissistic rather I am updating people who are following because they may interested in my work and also for others suffering health ailments)

I had to come over here to this location at midnight, because today my gf bought the baby coconuts that don't have sufficient white meat and the other mature coconuts she purchased 2 weeks ago were rotten and I didn't know it until I tried to open one tonight to eat. I ate one mature coconut earlier today that was not rotten. I have some virgin coconut oil here at this location. I am adding hot sauce to make the taste more tolerable. I ate only raw leafy greens and coconut meat today starting at 3am on my first day back to eating. I had no readjusment issues whatsoever in stomach. I ran twice today (morning and midday) and felt good in the heat (normally M.S. makes one heat intolerant). Well all I can say is I have strange feeling in my head and I am not sure yet if it is good or bad. Seems like a soreness instead of a pain, sort of like what you feel when a bruise is healing. No problems with headaches today or any aspect of the M.S.. Had some itchiness on my body, some usual M.S. cramps and twitching, and some lack of energy because just started eating. But no feelings like a wet towel draped over my head, no welts at the back of the head, no extreme itchness on the head. Overall I can be feel positive hope thus far that maybe this is working towards a cure. No chronic fatigure syndrome today nor during fasting! I am not really entirely satiated by this diet. I did take naps today. My excessive and too frequent urination stopped during fasting and remains stopped thus far.

Eat EXCLUSIVELY raw leafy greens and virgin coconut oil only diet and you'd be cured of everything. I am adding hot sauce to my coconut oil to add some taste. Add Kochumba tea to get your intestinal flora correct. Trust me you feel a lot younger. Regular vigorous exercise is also very important.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:29:06 PM

If you will want to make anonymity available in a widely used coin, the coin has to do something credit cards and Paypal don't do:

http://www.coindesk.com/gyft-co-founder-bitcoin-payments-have-decreased-by-80/

I have a plan. Again Bitcoin killer.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:10:14 PM

In addition to that point, Monero relies on I2P which doesn't provide anonymity against the NSA.

Once you are on the internet it is not possible to hide from the NSA that you are using an application such as I2P and I think it will be the case with your new application as well. The NSA will know who is using your network just like they can figure out who is using I2P. I doubt it is possible to design anything in which the TCP or UDP traffic is not traceable by the NSA. The NSA is able to track down what users use once the application is connected to the internet. However, if I2P is properly configured it is possible to hide the content of the communication from even NSA. At this stage and using the current computing power NSA unable to break the encryption of I2P. Using this internet the traceability can't be avoided but an adequate privacy can be achieved with I2P which in my opinion terms of content privacy is a safe solution.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 01:38:45 AM

futurism.com/links/china-is-building-the-worlds-largest-hack-proof-quantum-communications-network/

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:45:15 AM

If you will want to make anonymity available in a widely used coin, the coin has to do something credit cards and Paypal don't do:

http://www.coindesk.com/gyft-co-founder-bitcoin-payments-have-decreased-by-80/

I have a plan. Again Bitcoin killer.

If I may ask, where will you be announcing the new currency? I am interested in learning more about it when it is ready.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:00:25 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 06:18:14 AM by TPTB_need_war

In addition to that point, Monero relies on I2P which doesn't provide anonymity against the NSA.

Once you are on the internet it is not possible to hide from the NSA that you are using an application such as I2P and I think it will be the case with your new application as well. The NSA will know who is using your network just like they can figure out who is using I2P. I doubt it is possible to design anything in which the TCP or UDP traffic is not traceable by the NSA. The NSA is able to track down what users use once the application is connected to the internet. However, if I2P is properly configured it is possible to hide the content of the communication from even NSA. At this stage and using the current computing power NSA unable to break the encryption of I2P. Using this internet the traceability can't be avoided but an adequate privacy can be achieved with I2P which in my opinion terms of content privacy is a safe solution.

I have already designed an anonymity network that can statistically hide patterns of traffic from an entity that can see every packet that moves over the internet. Tor and I2P aren't even close to accomplishing this. For example, for Tor and I2P just flood an onion route with traffic and the path through to the hidden server lights up with more traffic than the rest of the nodes. Numerous other fundamental flaws.

The remaining issue is that the governments can simply ban an anonymity network. So if you don't make something popular then don't expect it to be resistant to government.

I can definitely improve upon Tor, I2P, and Bitmessage and give us anonymity for some years when we really need it. But the governments will eventually wise up and cooperate with each other and ban it (will take them some years to get there though). Or maybe there will be a few governments that don't, then we be on a new playing field and win. Or maybe the people of the world end up using it and it becomes very popular, then the governments can't ban it (just like they can't ban porn and other popular activities).

Please do not say what it is not technically possible if you haven't actually gotten down into the nitty gritty details. It is indeed very difficult to hide traffic patterns. The main challenge will be insuring that not most of the nodes in the anonymity networked aren't Sybil attacked. For this, reputation is very important. Humans will have to do what they do best, which is gauge trust levels. For example, would you trust my nodes if I digitally signed that I was operating them honestly? There must be a profit incentive to operate a node, which is where micropayment channels come in (even Bitcoin could in theory do real-time channels with the proposed Lightening network).

Overall we need to look at anonymity as a hedge of our bets. What we most want is decentralized digital currency that can scale to a million transactions per second, that no government nor global entity can control. Even if it is not anonymous that will be a big win. Bitcoin can't scale and remain under decentralized control. If we also can get strong anonymity in there, then perhaps jurisdictions will open up in the world where they respect and use the anonymity. Or perhaps we there remain enough avenues to continue to use the anonymity in spite of government's attempts to ban such things (there are technical possibilities as well good ole human ingenuity). I think it is important to get those technologies out there and enable people to start employing them in different ways, so the ecosystems become mature, funded, and out pacing the government. The government has a difficult time of telling widespread humanity not to earn money on something they are already profiting from. Humans are hard headed in that case. For example, the Chinese, the Mongolians, the Iranians, etc, etc, etc.

I have perfected all those designs. Again a Bitcoin killer. And I am not joking. You miss this investment and you miss an opportunity of a lifetime.

P.S. Feeling great today. I think I am on the way to being cured of M.S.!!! So excited. But I said this in the past. So hold on for confirmation. So far, I feel entirely different. I feel my life coming back.

The contagion that will accelerate end of this month, will cause a stampede into sovereign bonds. This will be the final peak in the 30+ year sovereign bond bubble.

Since speculative capital follows speculative capital, this will suck capital out of everything else. Gold and Bitcoin will experience massive short selling because they are small markets easily driven down by such. Thus any sell off to below $700 and $100 will be a very significant buying opportunity for those who are wise.

After Spring 2016, as the bond bubble is clearly crashing, there will be a global stampede into that will envelope into a phase transition high in mid to late 2017 for us dollar and us stocks:

• us dollar
  • us stocks
  • private assets such as gold and Bitcoin will start to get a bid

The greatest craziest gains for gold and crypto may come after 2017, as the us dollar and us stocks fall into the global collapse and there are no other assets to turn to in order to safeguard capital. By that point, cypto features such as anonymity may be very important.

From 2016 to 2017, the most important features of crypto will be scalability and ability to do safe instant transactions while not centralizing the mining. Bitcoin can't do this.

Government dictatorship is one of the very ugliest set of scenarios facing us.  I hope TPTB's project is a step on the long & hard road to eventual freedom.

It will be a mixed bag. There won't be an absolute solution in any direction. Again diversification.

By leading the way for more people to be productive with a scalable crypto currency, we will be laying the ground work for humanity.

This is a our duty as well as our profit.  Grin

suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:13:00 AM

Btw on the Bitcoin killer. We're moving faster now...

lemme have sum bitcoin  killer coins :3

Also good reads man. Been trying to find these posts from a person like you in 3 days uhgggg.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: