Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382137 times)
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:08:37 PM

Hello,
I am mining on windows. The new wallet has a strange behaviour :
- correct amount on "overview" (without the new block mined which is normal I presume)
- On the wallet tab (the wallet is unlocked)  : "Balance: Locked       Pending: Locked     Unlock"
Is this normal?

Hey, yes I am seeing that as well in the wallet page. Not real sure why it looks like that. I think everyone most likely sees that as well right now.

Mined blocks wont post until 144 blocks if I am thinking right lol still drinking my morning coffee  Grin
Thanks
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:05:17 PM

Loaded my wallet up just now, first time today since closing out last night. Now it opens and all, but is just sitting there as if its not connecting to the network? no peers, no balance, no host, no blocks, no addresses and when I click on LOCKED_STATE it does nothing.  Huh

Anyone else seeing this after completely closing out SIA -UI? today? Seemed it closed and opened fine yesterday a few times after initial run and getting password etc.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:31:21 PM

I couldn't get past block 16420, so I stopped the gui and killed the daemon.
Now when I run it I get this error and it stops:

database guard indicates inconsistency within database

What to do?

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 10:28:57 PM

What to do?
Ya I am noticing now when I launch wallet I am getting a pop up message saying "siad exited with code: 0

What to do? lol And I have coins and a file in wallet  Cry

Now 0.3.3.3 seems to load fine, siad included. Of course that wallet is now empty cause I did the load legacy wallet option yesterday. Weird because all was working so good. And yes I am closing out siad after starting 0.3.3.3. Even did a reboot 4.2 won't load up... it opens and that's it with that error code.

NASdaq

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:39:37 AM

Can sia run over the TOR network?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 02:56:14 AM

What to do?

i have had the sia wallet open AND unlocked and left it over night after importing all the coins from the old wallets ...

at first the new wallet ( 0.4.2 )  didnt show any sign of having anything done except for the acknowledgment that the legacy wallets were imported ... shortly after - about an hour i guess - it showed all the coins in the wallet ... and the 'current' block height ... since we cant check via the sia explorer - i took it as working and current ...

bed - sleep - woke ... i find the wallet has increased by 5 blocks only - and that all still seems well with it as far as i can tell ...

im now worried about shutting the wallet down - 'just in case' there really is something wrong ... too many coins to lose now - all consolodated into one wallet ...

will leave it open until taek comes out with some announcement of what to do ...

i still have a great deal of work left on my end - and will be working through the weekend to get them all running for GRN and thefarm and the donation sevrers ...

ive stopped mining sia for the time being - but still VERY interetsed in the project ...

ive pmd you back pallas - let me know what your thoughts are please mate ... as we can implement a few ideas with sia also ...

tanx ...

#crysx

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:15:03 AM

What to do?

i have had the sia wallet open AND unlocked and left it over night after importing all the coins from the old wallets ...

at first the new wallet ( 0.4.2 )  didnt show any sign of having anything done except for the acknowledgment that the legacy wallets were imported ... shortly after - about an hour i guess - it showed all the coins in the wallet ... and the 'current' block height ... since we cant check via the sia explorer - i took it as working and current ...

bed - sleep - woke ... i find the wallet has increased by 5 blocks only - and that all still seems well with it as far as i can tell ...

im now worried about shutting the wallet down - 'just in case' there really is something wrong ... too many coins to lose now - all consolodated into one wallet ...

will leave it open until taek comes out with some announcement of what to do ...

i still have a great deal of work left on my end - and will be working through the weekend to get them all running for GRN and thefarm and the donation sevrers ...

ive stopped mining sia for the time being - but still VERY interetsed in the project ...

ive pmd you back pallas - let me know what your thoughts are please mate ... as we can implement a few ideas with sia also ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Both Minerman and Pallas corrupted the database. You CANNOT kill the Siad process in the task manager. You MUST use Siac to close Siad. Simply delete the database file and reload. It is planned for a fix in the next GUI I think.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 03:26:38 AM

What to do?

at first the new wallet ( 0.4.2 )  didnt show any sign of having anything done except for the acknowledgment that the legacy wallets were imported ... shortly after - about an hour i guess - it showed all the coins in the wallet ... and the 'current' block height ... since we cant check via the sia explorer - i took it as working and current ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Both Minerman and Pallas corrupted the database. You CANNOT kill the Siad process in the task manager. You MUST use Siac to close Siad. Simply delete the database file and reload. It is planned for a fix in the next GUI I think.

ok - so a clean replacement of the database after siad is closed with siac ... where is the database? ... just a straight delete? ...

as for the blame to be placed squarely on pallas and minerman ... well - i can only say that those who actually contribute to the improvement of the code and functionality ( with the full approval of taek dont forget ) means that these people are actually taking an active involvement ... not just a 'watching' stance - like me  Smiley ...

this means that issue wil arise and bugs need to be squashed ... sia is still in beta afterall - so these things are expected ...

i appreciate the heads up on the killing process ... i was only 'killing' the actual siad process in lunux - which probably doesnt help either ...

#crysx

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:45:29 AM

Ah, I have been killing siad from task manager (after closing out wallet) since day 1 (as needed) with no problems until today after reopening my wallet... IF that even is the cause for sure? so suddenly doing that corrupts the database? how or why would anyone have known differently? I mean there should be a high level alert - "not to kill siad from task manager" if that's all it takes to corrupt your database lol, anyways I am installing another 4.2 on another PC ..its seems fine so far. Will experiment on that wallet see if I can corrupt it.  Grin

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:12:01 AM

Hah, this is peculiar... I just went to copy my wallet.dat file from the "corrupted" wallet folder and its not there? its gone.. so where did it go?  Shocked

I guess this partially explains why I was getting that error message " siad exited with code: 0 ,, strange lol

its not a .dat file anymore ... its a .json file ...

so where the original .dat was - is now the .json file ...

btw - just checked the wallet and it seems to be running fine ... at block 16427 currently shown - so its progressing but very slowly ...

#crysx

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:15:45 AM

Hah, this is peculiar... I just went to copy my wallet.dat file from the "corrupted" wallet folder and its not there? its gone.. so where did it go?  Shocked

I guess this partially explains why I was getting that error message " siad exited with code: 0 ,, strange lol

#crysx
lol I just remembered that and had looked on that new wallet I was installing just now... I forgot Smiley

But thx for that heads up... I'm about to fall asleep lol  Wink

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:31:36 AM

#crysx
lol I just remembered that and had looked on that new wallet I was installing just now... I forgot Smiley

But thx for that heads up... I'm about to fall asleep lol  Wink

hehehe ... i know how you feel ... bed at 0600 this morning - then awake today at 1100 - and been flat out since ...

need another strong coffee and food and back into it again till late tonight to finish parts of the project im working on also ...

so i really do KNOW how you feel Wink ...

coffee - the magic mushroom of peakdom ... the black gold of awakedness ... the - ummm - you know what i mean ...

#crysx

andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:29:56 AM

What to do?

at first the new wallet ( 0.4.2 )  didnt show any sign of having anything done except for the acknowledgment that the legacy wallets were imported ... shortly after - about an hour i guess - it showed all the coins in the wallet ... and the 'current' block height ... since we cant check via the sia explorer - i took it as working and current ...

tanx ...

#crysx

ok - so a clean replacement of the database after siad is closed with siac ... where is the database? ... just a straight delete? ...

as for the blame to be placed squarely on pallas and minerman ... well - i can only say that those who actually contribute to the improvement of the code and functionality ( with the full approval of taek dont forget ) means that these people are actually taking an active involvement ... not just a 'watching' stance - like me  Smiley ...

this means that issue wil arise and bugs need to be squashed ... sia is still in beta afterall - so these things are expected ...

i appreciate the heads up on the killing process ... i was only 'killing' the actual siad process in lunux - which probably doesnt help either ...

#crysx

Yeah, same thing happened to me before someone told me about it. It was not a problem in 0.3.3.3 but is now. The database is in the resources\app\Sia\consensus folder. Yes it is a straight delete.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:11:06 AM

What to do?

tanx ...

#crysx

#crysx

Yeah, same thing happened to me before someone told me about it. It was not a problem in 0.3.3.3 but is now. The database is in the resources\app\Sia\consensus folder. Yes it is a straight delete.

if i come across this issue - ill do just that ... but as it stands - so far - so good ...

tanx for that ...

#crysx

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:13:30 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 08:28:22 AM by nextgencoin

I'm using the mac wallet, a few questions.

Do I need sia coins to let my hard drive space be used?

Will it be used instantly or must i wait for it to be actually used?

I'm getting error 400, ensure forward port 9982?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:41:01 AM

No, however later down the line it will be possible to offer your own coins as collateral to back file contracts.

Disk space will be used as contracts are uploaded, not allocated in one shot.

Is the port forwarded? Firewalls? UPNP enabled? Other than that I'm not much help on this question, sorry.

{ BitSpill }
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:10:10 AM

no idea what port forwarded means at all....some layman terms please if anyone knows, I'm on a mac.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:14:50 AM

No, however later down the line it will be possible to offer your own coins as collateral to back file contracts.

Is the port forwarded? Firewalls? UPNP enabled? Other than that I'm not much help on this question, sorry.

the port forward error is an old one and - as we can see - a persistent one ...

taek has issued an addendum to the instructions ( which for the life of me i cannot find ) that specifies how to force an announce fromt he wallet - even though sia itself cant see an open port ...

its the same issue we have here - and i cant announce the storage space due to this issue - but the forwarding and network components are all setup ... we have a very different network setup from the average user anyway - but a port forward to a static ip should work ... it doesnt ...

im looking for the instructions on how to force announce your host ... can anyone help here? ...

#crysx

bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:17:30 AM

no idea what port forwarded means at all....some layman terms please if anyone knows, I'm on a mac.

Port forwarding is a setting on your internet router/modem and not a setting of the computer.

The procedure will vary depending on make/model of the router/modem, at the below link you can find guides for most devices.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

{ BitSpill }
bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:20:21 AM

the port forward error is an old one and - as we can see - a persistent one ...

taek has issued an addendum to the instructions ( which for the life of me i cannot find ) that specifies how to force an announce fromt he wallet - even though sia itself cant see an open port ...

its the same issue we have here - and i cant announce the storage space due to this issue - but the forwarding and network components are all setup ... we have a very different network setup from the average user anyway - but a port forward to a static ip should work ... it doesnt ...

im looking for the instructions on how to force announce your host ... can anyone help here? ...

#crysx

If you have Sia 0.4.x then manually announcing from the command line should force the announce.
Code:
siac host announce ip:port

{ BitSpill }
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: