Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:26:47 AM

no idea what port forwarded means at all....some layman terms please if anyone knows, I'm on a mac.

its the port that is to be opened to the internet via your router / modem and data that is directed to that port to be redirected ( forwarded ) to the destination computer ...

when the port is opened to the internet - and data comes in through that port - then you need to tell that data where to go ... that is the role of the router / modem in as much layman terms as i can muster Smiley ... of course the modem / router does a LOT more than that - but that is one of the facilites it provides ...

sia has a particular port that needs to be open to the internet to communicate to other sia agents ( wallets ) ...

sia also had an issue with its 'announcement' that sia is available through that port to accept connects ( and data ) to store files and work as it should ... this wallet has the facility to force announcement whether it can see an open port or not ... i just dont know how that is to be achieved as i cant find the commands to do such a thing ...

i hope that helps - and hasnt confused you ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:28:03 AM

Do I need sia coins to let my hard drive space be used?
No, however later down the line it will be possible to offer your own coins as collateral to back file contracts.

Will it be used instantly or must i wait for it to be actually used?
Disk space will be used as contracts are uploaded, not allocated in one shot.

I'm getting error 400, ensure forward port 9982?
Is the port forwarded? Firewalls? UPNP enabled? Other than that I'm not much help on this question, sorry.

the port forward error is an old one and - as we can see - a persistent one ...

taek has issued an addendum to the instructions ( which for the life of me i cannot find ) that specifies how to force an announce fromt he wallet - even though sia itself cant see an open port ...

its the same issue we have here - and i cant announce the storage space due to this issue - but the forwarding and network components are all setup ... we have a very different network setup from the average user anyway - but a port forward to a static ip should work ... it doesnt ...

im looking for the instructions on how to force announce your host ... can anyone help here? ...

#crysx

If you have Sia 0.4.x then manually announcing from the command line should force the announce.
Code:
siac host announce ip:port

tanx bitspill ...

thats what i wanted ...

this command forces the announce does it not? ...

#crysx

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:54:07 AM

Sia is trading at 14 satoshi at the moment, I wonder when it will be back on its feet and trading at the 30s or more.
Goodluck to the continuing works being done here for the project.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:05:05 AM

Do I need sia coins to let my hard drive space be used?
No, however later down the line it will be possible to offer your own coins as collateral to back file contracts.

Will it be used instantly or must i wait for it to be actually used?
Disk space will be used as contracts are uploaded, not allocated in one shot.

I'm getting error 400, ensure forward port 9982?
Is the port forwarded? Firewalls? UPNP enabled? Other than that I'm not much help on this question, sorry.

the port forward error is an old one and - as we can see - a persistent one ...

taek has issued an addendum to the instructions ( which for the life of me i cannot find ) that specifies how to force an announce fromt he wallet - even though sia itself cant see an open port ...

its the same issue we have here - and i cant announce the storage space due to this issue - but the forwarding and network components are all setup ... we have a very different network setup from the average user anyway - but a port forward to a static ip should work ... it doesnt ...

im looking for the instructions on how to force announce your host ... can anyone help here? ...

#crysx

If you have Sia 0.4.x then manually announcing from the command line should force the announce.
Code:
siac host announce ip:port

tanx bitspill ...

thats what i wanted ...

this command forces the announce does it not? ...

#crysx

Yep, it should force it.

Older versions had to use a "--force" (or similar) flag but that has since been removed

{ BitSpill }
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:11:28 AM

I've run the new sia-ui 4.0.2 (x64) and load my old wallet. It showed full balance. Yesterday I've sent my funds to poloniex and it comes from my sia wallet. Today I see 0 of 6 confirmations in my Poloniex sia wallet and 10 Sia in my desktop wallet. I've waited for 12 hours but no way. My sia haven't come to polo account. Where can I find my funds? Please help.
P.S. Is there working block explorer?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:22:43 AM

I've run the new sia-ui 4.0.2 (x64) and load my old wallet. It showed full balance. Yesterday I've sent my funds to poloniex and it comes from my sia wallet. Today I see 0 of 6 confirmations in my Poloniex sia wallet and 10 Sia in my desktop wallet. I've waited for 12 hours but no way. My sia haven't come to polo account. Where can I find my funds? Please help.

Blocks have been coming extremely slowly lately, difficulty rose and many miners left.

Block explorer is http://explore.siacoin.com however it's currently experiencing issues and should be back in a week or so.

{ BitSpill }
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:28:53 AM

Sia is trading at 14 satoshi at the moment, I wonder when it will be back on its feet and trading at the 30s or more.
Goodluck to the continuing works being done here for the project.

Couldn't said it better. But 14 sat gives room for some more investment. I frankly can't understand how anyone now will lose money long-term Smiley

Awesome work, guys!
marcus1986

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:37:47 AM

Blocks have been coming extremely slowly lately, difficulty rose and many miners left.

Block explorer is http://explore.siacoin.com however it's currently experiencing issues and should be back in a week or so.

When I send sia to poloniex it was 16420 Block Height at sia wallet. Now it shows Block Height: 16437. But there is pendin status and 0 of 6 confirmations in polo account. Maybe fork?
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:13:29 PM

When I send sia to poloniex it was 16420 Block Height at sia wallet. Now it shows Block Height: 16437. But there is pendin status and 0 of 6 confirmations in polo account. Maybe fork?

maybe you just need to contact Polo's support , would you mind...
Odsejen

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:39:45 PM

I couldn't get past block 16420, so I stopped the gui and killed the daemon.
Now when I run it I get this error and it stops:

database guard indicates inconsistency within database

What to do?

i have had the sia wallet open AND unlocked and left it over night after importing all the coins from the old wallets ...

at first the new wallet ( 0.4.2 )  didnt show any sign of having anything done except for the acknowledgment that the legacy wallets were imported ... shortly after - about an hour i guess - it showed all the coins in the wallet ... and the 'current' block height ... since we cant check via the sia explorer - i took it as working and current ...

bed - sleep - woke ... i find the wallet has increased by 5 blocks only - and that all still seems well with it as far as i can tell ...

im now worried about shutting the wallet down - 'just in case' there really is something wrong ... too many coins to lose now - all consolodated into one wallet ...

will leave it open until taek comes out with some announcement of what to do ...

i still have a great deal of work left on my end - and will be working through the weekend to get them all running for GRN and thefarm and the donation sevrers ...

ive stopped mining sia for the time being - but still VERY interetsed in the project ...

ive pmd you back pallas - let me know what your thoughts are please mate ... as we can implement a few ideas with sia also ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Both Minerman and Pallas corrupted the database. You CANNOT kill the Siad process in the task manager. You MUST use Siac to close Siad. Simply delete the database file and reload. It is planned for a fix in the next GUI I think.

How can i close siad with siac (windows), without crashing or corrupting the database?

- Odsejen LISK Delegate - Vote for Odsejen - LISK-forum / more info
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:18:07 PM

Ah good morning Smiley nothing like a good nights rest and a good cup of coffee before studying SIA wallet lol  Grin

Boy this thread came to life overnight! lol

Ok, I think I left off last night dealing with database corruption if I kill siad"  Huh

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:22:31 PM

So for those of us who killed siad using task manager, does this mean we have also lost our coins and any uploads stored in new wallet? Hard to imagine that.

fundomatic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

How can i close siad with siac (windows), without crashing or corrupting the database?

The following is relevant to linux. 'cmd' tool in windows may enable similar results.
'siac' is a file name in linux, 'stop' is the command for 'siac'. This (and similar commands) need to be run
from the directory this file resides in.
Code:
./siac stop

Stopping the 'siad' this way should save the blockchain database in a few minutes. Unfortunately there is no 'progress indication' of either saving the database was completed or not. The following command can be used to see if 'siad' processes terminated. No output should mean the 'siad' process stopped and the database was saved.
Code:
ps aux | grep siad

Disclaimer: The 'ps aux | grep siad' was not tested.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:28:43 PM

So for those of us who killed siad using task manager, does this mean we have also lost our coins and any uploads stored in new wallet? Hard to imagine that.
No you still have your coins : try deleting resources\app\Sia\consensus\*
or
- copy your resources\app\Sia\wallet\*
- start with a fresh install, but copy & paste the wallet directory and start the client.
fundomatic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:56:35 PM

Failing to save local blockchain database properly should only mean your local machine/wallet has inconsistent state (for example, no transactions seen, or no  coins received).

The blockchain should be resynced (the old/corrupted blockchain databased should be removed) and the new/consistent blockchain state should reflect the changes made to your wallet/coins.

It is better to unlock your wallet only after the blockchain was synced.

Also, mind, one confirmation (one block mined) can take very long time. This would continue until the difficulty is recalculated for the current hashing power. And this should happen after some number of blocks (500 minus whatever # found so far) were mined.

Seems like some time ago, a lot of hashing power joined the network, mined a lot of coins, dumped some. The mining difficulty was raised, that hashing power left the network. The current hashing power is not enough to keep finding block every 10min. This should change when the difficulty is recalculated. That is just one unfortunate/ugly side effect of POW (proof of work) algorithm of securing the blockchain. Mining pools should scale  this problem down.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:03:08 PM

I cleaned the database after the corruption.
Synced again, now stuck at block 16294.
Is it the last block?

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:05:20 PM

Seems like some time ago, a lot of hashing power joined the network, mined a lot of coins, dumped some. The mining difficulty was raised, that hashing power left the network. The current hashing power is not enough to keep finding block every 10min. This should change when the difficulty is recalculated. That is just one unfortunate/ugly side effect of POW (proof of work) algorithm of securing the blockchain. Mining pools should scale  this problem down.

having pools will not change that.
having a faster difficulty adjustment and a stable price will.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

or
- start with a fresh install, but copy & paste the wallet directory and start the client.

Hey I tried the second option first, not much luck other than I was able to unlock the clean install of wallet.

So I am back to my original wallet and deleted the consensus file and wallet began to update blocks etc. BUT, during that sync I went ahead and unlocked the wallet and it now seems that the blocks/wallet has have stopped syncing? and I do not see coins imported yet from legacy wallet nor do I see a file I uploaded.

ok, just saw post where it says to allow full sync before unlocking lol

Step 1 seems to work better than step 2. Will edit if I sync and see coins and stored data.

Thanks!  Grin

EDIT: just deleted consensus file again and killed siad. Restarted wallet but will allow it to sync fully before unlocking... see if that prevents it from getting stuck syncing. Then unlock....

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:16:10 PM

or

Hey I tried the second option first, not much luck other than I was able to unlock the clean install of wallet.

So I am back to my original wallet and deleted the consensus file and wallet began to update blocks etc. BUT, during that sync I went ahead and unlocked the wallet and it now seems that the blocks/wallet has have stopped syncing? and I do not see coins imported yet from legacy wallet nor do I see a file I uploaded.

Step 1 seems to work better than step 2. Will edit if I sync and see coins and stored data.

Thanks!  Grin

EDIT: just deleted consensus file again and killed siad. Restarted wallet but will allow it to scyn fully before unlocking... see if that prevents it from getting stuck syncing. The unlock....

there is also the issue of it slowing RIGHT DOWN with the sync process whenthe wallet is unlocked before it fully syncs ...

taek mentioned this a little while ago - and it is still a bug in this version of the wallet too ...

so chances are that it WILL sync - it will just mean you need to go on a holiday and come back before it finishes Wink ...

from what i can see from my wallet - its up to block 16446 ...

#crysx

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:30:08 PM

or

Thanks!  Grin

EDIT: just deleted consensus file again and killed siad. Restarted wallet but will allow it to scyn fully before unlocking... see if that prevents it from getting stuck syncing. The unlock....

there is also the issue of it slowing RIGHT DOWN with the sync process whenthe wallet is unlocked before it fully syncs ...

taek mentioned this a little while ago - and it is still a bug in this version of the wallet too ...

so chances are that it WILL sync - it will just mean you need to go on a holiday and come back before it finishes Wink ...

from what i can see from my wallet - its up to block 16446 ...

#crysx
lol, ya really,, well I am still syncing right now "ok" once done I will unlock and see how it goes Smiley in the meantime either a holiday or better yet, I am going to go make omelets and sausage gravy for me and my son  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: