Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:03:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:16:25 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 06:03:01 AM by MooC Tals

You guys still buying from these fraudsters. No wonder crime pays. BFL is a shady company

For those that don't know here is a good read (be entertained)

http://trilema.com/2013/preemptive-strike-to-have-on-hand-for-when-butterfly-labs-gets-hauled-off-to-jail-in-corpore/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:23:05 AM

[/quote]
Maybe not Forced, but Extorted is the perfect word, BFLiars did a great job pretending to have the first to ship ASIC's Stealing all the potential funds from the competition before they were ready, Before BFL was even ready, It was a clusterfuck of lies that resulted in a product that missed every specification by 300% and shipped 6-8 months late

BFL lied to make it seem that if you didn't order from them, You'd lose the "bitcoin race", Yet at the time of advertising "shipping next month", They had NOTHING

And OH!, If you "made a scene" about how much you disliked BFL, You would get a Forced refund.
Basically BFL Conned ALOT of people into being Invtestors with ZERO return. Think about it, They had nothing but lies till they took our money.

Like, What the fuck is BFL doing? Look at Inaba's fucking post, He's clearly going "I don't like you, so how about because of what you said im going to Fuck your paid order over, and shove you to the back of the line, regardless of when you paid, and when I told you to expect it to ship"

Oh, Lets not forget they've had a "F" BBB rating Twice, and they keep paying the BBB ponzi scheme to change thier rating.
Whats with the FCC CE ETL certified device that has NEVER had power run through it? (Red PCB Monarch prototype) It has no fucking wiring! Yet is FCC certified?!
BULLLL SHIIIITTTT

[/quote]

The reason I spar with Josh is that he won't even fess up that he messed up...it is all our fault ..his timeline delays /no refund policy...sneaky knc getting their stuff out way ahead of what BFL expected for timeline....etc etc..all went the wrong way in BFL's view....but it is all our fault somehow and the idea of customer service is somewhat puzzling to them at best....

as for the back of the line comment..it makes little difference at this point in time .my 8k of $$$ is lost to BFL ..i admit it ..monarch forced upgrade or no....it is unlikely I will get ROI of any real note by the time they get something out...(would like to be wrong) but if the past with them is any of any consideration..its all moot....

so again....I can at least have my rights of 'free speech" to make my disappointment in all this known on forums...but alas the $$$ are gone .I doubt they will come thru with a product that will ROI if I'm at the front of the line or rear of the line ...me being more or less in the middle ..it is all moot...the $$$ are toast and FTC etc are not enforcing the internet commerce rules....the combination is that BFL has "played us" imho

at least I had a choice to upgrade or not on my april order as a last hope..again little difference but it was a choice....

i really feel sorry for the noobs i see on www.butterflylabs.com forums yell in forums for help on status of wire xfer or RMA and such with no answers from BFL on anything...looks like the titanic....lots of shouting no answers (by all means for a depressing read float over and read some stuff on forums or ask about shoutbox)...

with their no refund policy and no enforcement by FTC or AG of the county they are in..and small claims from what i heard even the folks that have won can't get cash back..BFL has mangaged thru ineptitude or calculation making a lot of $$$ and providing nothing imho of worth in the process..perhaps they did not mean for it to be a scam..but it seems to be one as everyone watches the dust settle on this whole sad affair...

anyway so it goes imho

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:27:36 PM

You guys still buying from these fraudsters. No wonder crime pays. BFL is a shady company

http://trilema.com/2013/preemptive-strike-to-have-on-hand-for-when-butterfly-labs-gets-hauled-off-to-jail-in-corpore/
some time peoples like to be scammed and its happening here very offensively no worries about this

MooC Tals

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

some time peoples like to be scammed and its happening here very offensively no worries about this

too much greed not enough risk
HASHRA

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:43:01 AM

Say no to pre-order... it's become the norm but it's got to stop. let the company raise venture capital if they need to... if it's any good it will sell.

sid7039

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:24:35 PM

SAY NO TO PREORDER!!!

BFL: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl
banaltcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:08:30 PM

Not even surprised. I hope all those that have ordered end up getting their ASICs.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:26:40 AM

Not even surprised. I hope all those that have ordered end up getting their ASICs.

probably people have seen this but www.tigerdirect.com is gonna sell BFL products....sigh.....(I HATE to say this but as an evil genius plot it seems to be working well on bfl's part)

here is a bitcoin thread on such

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430931.msg4718371#msg4718371

send tigerdirect a customer feedback report so someone can do a google search and then make the tigerdirect run away fast....

anyway probably no skin off www.tigerdirect.com if they don't ship stuff to them ..they will just show out of stock ..it is the outdated miners from last year that people are gonna get stuck with i'd imagine...

anyway......nice to know www.tigerdirect.com will likely be now first on the list to get stuff ( i doubt they will allow more then 30 days w/o getting product)

interesting times

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
JerrySeinfeld

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:36:11 AM

It took forever, but I finally got my Jalapeno.

Extremely glad that I immediately sold it for $300 dollars on ebay.

I didn't even open the box, just forwarded it to someone.

He wasn't very happy about the unit overheating.
coinerbit

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:22:25 PM

did anyone take part in BFL's big holiday blowout??? i got a few things since the price was right. now if only they will arrive before it to late to use them   
Trillium

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:24:31 AM

147 page thread on why you shouldn't buy from BFL and there are still people here buying from BFL.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
coinium.org

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:46:24 AM

thanks
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:46:11 PM

That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by continually posting FUD for a personal war on BFL.
Sorry but this horse is so dead I think the bones are dust. 

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:13:00 AM

That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by continually posting FUD for a personal war on BFL.

You think it's dead? Then why is BFL still getting away with Horribly inaccurate "estimates"? Why have they not had a lawsuit against them?
Why have they not been held accountable for their previous actions?

"a bunch of whiny cunts" got money extorted out of them by a pack of liars, "whining" is the least they can do aside from shutting up and letting BFL get away with it all...
Rinse and repeat for fuck sakes, Even tigerdirect is going to be accepting BFL gear *eyeroll* i hope they are smarter than they look

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:48:18 AM

You think it's dead? Then why is BFL still getting away with Horribly inaccurate "estimates"? Why have they not had a lawsuit against them?

"a bunch of whiny cunts" got money extorted out of them by a pack of liars, "whining" is the least they can do aside from shutting up and letting BFL get away with it all...
Rinse and repeat for fuck sakes, Even tigerdirect is going to be accepting BFL gear *eyeroll* i hope they are smarter than they look

Its hard to expose horrible backlogs if newbies are convinced to see product already out based on past product.

But yeah, all I can do is bump this thread and few other ones on the BFL monarch and other future products.

And thats one huge mistake on "tigerdirect". They should of done their research on the past incidents.. talk about due diligence.  Roll Eyes

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 07:52:04 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 08:03:13 PM by Inaba

Its hard to expose horrible backlogs if newbies are convinced to see product already out based on past product.

But yeah, all I can do is bump this thread and few other ones on the BFL monarch and other future products.

And thats one huge mistake on "tigerdirect". They should of done their research on the past incidents.. talk about due diligence.  Roll Eyes

Bump all you want, the only people that care are the same trolls that are bumping along with you. You say the same things over and over so many times that anyone with half a brain tuned you out a long time ago, just like an Enzyte commercial. The only thing anyone even remembers from your pointless, endless tirades is the name BFL.  Thank you for advertising us, we appreciate it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Endlessa

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:35:12 PM

obviously you never been part of a small company, or dealt much with new tech.  Risk assessment and acceptance go along with all that.  Where you may see all this your way, that's your prerogative, it doesn't make it reality.  You day in and day out continually tell people (especially in a Beginner's help thread) it's all a scam, it is deluded and just an out right a lie.  I understand your frustrated and angry, but grow up.  

As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued.  ALL.  It doesn't mean anything.  It has to be settled before you can even take it as a serious issue.  Any company/person who has been in business knows this.  

Hardware is hardware.  this is nothing new.  Some companies get priority in the supply chain, some don't.  Over time, BFL will get more priority from their vendors as they get bigger and some of these "issues" you seem to go on about endlessly, will become less and less of a factor.  If you have real issue with BFL, I suggest you take it up with them and prove it in a legit way.  Otherwise, you're a tire-less airbag that can't shut up about his emotional angst.

Pre-orders are pre-orders and delivery is a roller coaster.  It takes a decent amount of emotional maturity to handle it with grace.  I suggest not pre-ordering products if you can't handle it.

Edit: this thread is not inclusive of the majority of BFL's customer base, mostly because the topic isn't openly fair or accurate
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:50:41 PM

So what Endlessa, You want everyone to just "grow up" and forget about all the wrong doings of BFL?
Where do you get off thinking that would be a good idea?, History tends to repeat itself, and thats what i see with "the monarch"
Unless people keep a record of the history of WTF happened, people won't be aware of the "ill will in action" untill it's too late

My side of the argument is "Hey BFL, you did some bad things in the past and I think you are doing it again, Stop that"
While your apparent side of the argument is;
"obviously you've never (insult to intellegence), Growup"
"everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything" Uhhh, Yes it does, and no they do not, Not EVERYONE gets sued *eyeroll*
"It has to be settled before you can even take it as a serious issue." Wow, then I suppose apple's $1b lawsuit against Samsung was totally not serious untill after the verdict
"Some companies get priority ---, some don't.  Over time, BFL will get more priority from their vendors as they get bigger and some of these "issues" you seem to go on about endlessly, will become less and less of a factor.  If you have real issue with BFL, I suggest you take it up with them and prove it in a legit way.  Otherwise, you're a tire-less airbag that can't shut up about his emotional angst."

Holy crap, are you in BFL payroll? seriously Endlessa, why are you defending BFL with Inaba style arguments?
Your basic argument here is "BFL will get bigger to make their history of problems look smaller" and that "unless you can proove it in a legit way (insult to my person)"
You sound like a fucking Sock

"legit way"? You're basically asking me to compile all evidence i have and send it to the FTC, Which, uhh lots of people have done, and "Josh" seems to have been trying rather hard to Bury and Hide all the bullshit he's posted in the past, Like all those fucking false ad banners, One false advertisement banner each month, stating the same thing as the last but with the dates changed

Why the hell do you defend BFL as much as you do? Got paid?

And here's the "kicker" that josh is waiting for me to type, Even if I compiled everything i know, the fucking FTC would just "add it to the pile" and MAYBE investigate BFL, but he knows that the FTC's reach into his area is really poor, letting him get away with ALOT of bullshit

For example, How is this "prototype" board, FCC, ETL and CE certified? That doesn't even make sense
I don't know about you guys, but i don't see electrical wiring on the PCB

And this little image is just gold

Come ON people!, Look at the monstrosity already! I don't think thats gonna fit into two slots and a "TDP of 350 watts" I wonder how thats doing

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Endlessa

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:48:23 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 05:00:05 PM by Endlessa

• If your going to pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument, then it's entirely pointless to even read your comments
  • I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people.
  • Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
  • Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
  • Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
  • Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?

hah. . .I wish I got paid for doing this, but no I'm just a customer.  And I'm happy with the product.  I hang out with a bunch of customers, that are also happy with their products.  Some of them have been with bfl since fpga, some were early asic owners, some were later.  Did we all wish the magical internet money machine had arrived earlier? Yes, but it didn't and we still did good to fine on return, in fact we still run the old hardware and make money doing it.  I will put one caveat here.  I don't use btc to make btc (buy mining equipment), that approach never made sense to me.  I view it as an entry point for fiat conversion and a way to do your part to secure the network.  

Finally, why am I here arguing with you?  It's not because I think I'm going to change your mind.  I'm doing it because this section of the forum is for new people to learn about bitcoin.  I don't feel this thread is telling a story about BFL and informing people.  It is vicious and contains a bunch of people that invested in hardware with unrealistic expectations.  BFL was a fledgling company that set lofty goals for itself.  They had a small staff attempting to build a product no one had ever seen before.  The demand for which, out paced the size of their company.  They had design issues (that anybody who'd looked at the "lofty goal" they set, would have expected or minimum seen as a risk in purchasing).  They didn't just do a straight fpga port to a more power efficient chip (aka AM/Avalon chip).  They weren't the best communicators (a bit of sarcastic understatement) with their customers and between each other.  You combine all this with bitcoin mania, massive influx of users, a small support staff and an order queue that went through the roof and you get exactly what happened.  I have huge respect for them fighting through all of it and delivering massive amount of product we saw hit the streets this past summer.  I don't feel anybody should have sympathy for them, because they got their reward when they delivered the product.  They get massive respect from me though, I know that early 2013 sucked, that they worked their ass off, and the whole world was screaming at them.  That takes commitment and a real desire to succeed.  I don't like that a bunch of people with the emotional maturity of 2 y.o., who got butt hurt because their magical internet money machine arrived late, and are representing a massive skewed view to the new people in the forums, then representing it as "the facts" about bfl.

BFL has/will always get my respect.  They are the little group of people that had the balls to try and aspire into new business, messed up, faced a massive ire/paranoia of this community, soldiered on, and actually delivered a product.  They didn't fold and run.  They didn't give up.  They didn't scam anybody.  

Everyone would always like to have gotten more bitcoin, but that's the nature of the beast.  
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:58:24 PM

That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by [SLAP]

You misspelled "retarded trolls defending a bunch of criminals just to be annoying fucks."

Onto the ignore list it goes!
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: