Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006556 times)
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

If the lawyers are winning when do we expect them to give us our money back? or at least 66.666% of it?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 04:35:15 PM

If the lawyers are winning when do we expect them to give us our money back? or at least 66.666% of it?

Years.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 05:26:39 PM

she could have dragged this thing out for years and eaten up 250000 in lawyer bills or more - so might as well just get it done and move ahead - though i get your sense of outrage - she gets a quarter mil when - in her divorce papers - she said she had reason to think he was gonna take the money and run - "abscond to china" to be with his "paramour" - something like that - i think she said in her divorce papers if i remember right - this was a couple months before crypsty got shut off - she probably had a better idea than anyone what paul was up to months before anyone else understood the totality of it

In Florida (where the house in question resides) it is almost impossible to force someone out of their house due to debt. It is a big win for the lawyers to have her give it up without much fuss. She could have lived in it for the rest of her life or taken out all the equity if she was not allowed to sell. If it was paid off (which I think it was?) she could have made out with the full value and let it default back to the bank. How much was it worth? $800K? She could have made out with $800K instead of $250K.

mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:56:10 PM

you won't see any money back
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:05:23 PM

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the coinbase lawsuit. Anything from that will go to people who lost at cryptsy too. They may not get the full 8 million they're asking for, but anything is better than nothing. People just have to remember to actually email and join the class action. Even if you aren't in US, email and join. Some of the documents on the receivership website give proper instructions on how to join.  Lawyers have to give 66.6% back to people. Even if you don't have screenshots, you may be able to get in on action with your word and swearing on how much you had. Worth a shot for sure.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:08:30 PM

Au contraire! Pennies on the dollar IS indeed money back.

Meanwhile, the pseudo Cryptsy hacker is still nesting on over $10M worth of bitcoins, coins that won't be part of the refund at the end of the Class Action way, way, way down the road unless, that is, El Hacko finds Jesus in the middle of some Chinese rice field:

https://blockchain.info/tx/c7b46a79fd8887038bd3a8e884b04820038415a60e0b9d2c2f5bcff68a2687bf

Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

"unless, that is, El Hacko finds Jesus in the middle of some Chinese rice field" haha ok, that made me chuckle haha
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:42:26 PM

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the coinbase lawsuit. Anything from that will go to people who lost at cryptsy too. They may not get the full 8 million they're asking for, but anything is better than nothing. People just have to remember to actually email and join the class action. Even if you aren't in US, email and join. Some of the documents on the receivership website give proper instructions on how to join.  Lawyers have to give 66.6% back to people. Even if you don't have screenshots, you may be able to get in on action with your word and swearing on how much you had. Worth a shot for sure.

^dude aren't YOU the grifter who helped steal the bitcoins!?--pay up now !  Undecided

" A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

Synonyms include fraudster, con artist, cheater, confidence man, scammer, hustler, swindler, etc. "

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 376
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:49:38 PM

Au contraire! Pennies on the dollar IS indeed money back.

Meanwhile, the pseudo Cryptsy hacker is still nesting on over $10M worth of bitcoins, coins that won't be part of the refund at the end of the Class Action way, way, way down the road unless, that is, El Hacko finds Jesus in the middle of some Chinese rice field:

https://blockchain.info/tx/c7b46a79fd8887038bd3a8e884b04820038415a60e0b9d2c2f5bcff68a2687bf

Hacker stolen btc 13k  ( also wallet's are blacklisted for  all exchange ),
Vern stolen or dump customers Btc 21k mark  +++
Who is most deadly hack or vern Huh
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:53:10 PM

Grifter ? hahahha
Naw he's a Quisling
Sorry Horus i had to get in on this action  Grin

And the Lori defense still fails guys.
Saying her behavior could have been worse does not justify her current bad behavior.
Especially in response to myself saying she should forfeit 200k willingly.
What type of broken ass logic is that ?

A bank Manager steals one million then has to pay back 200k..
You all say well he could have stole 2 million..
I say he should give back 750k WILLINGLY.

Work on the logic not the defense of fraudsters.

FUD first & ask questions later™
dac10

Activity: 557

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:55:04 PM

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the coinbase lawsuit. Anything from that will go to people who lost at cryptsy too. They may not get the full 8 million they're asking for, but anything is better than nothing. People just have to remember to actually email and join the class action. Even if you aren't in US, email and join. Some of the documents on the receivership website give proper instructions on how to join.  Lawyers have to give 66.6% back to people. Even if you don't have screenshots, you may be able to get in on action with your word and swearing on how much you had. Worth a shot for sure.

So it is true!? Now I saw the news. I filled out the form and I sent the request to the bankruptcy trustee, the 25/11/2016.

Boca Raton, Florida – December 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Silver Law Group (www.silverlaw.com) and Wites & Kapetan, P.A. (www.wklawyers.com) have filed a nationwide class action lawsuit in federal court against California-based Money Services Business and cryptocurrency exchange operator Coinbase, Inc.
According to the lawsuit, Paul Vernon — the former CEO and principal operator of a cryptocurrency exchange and Money Services Business known worldwide as Cryptsy — converted approximately $8.2 million in Cryptsy customer assets over a three-year period and liquidated to his own benefit those stolen funds through accounts Mr. Vernon and Cryptsy maintained at Coinbase.  As alleged in the lawsuit, Mr. Vernon told Coinbase that the $8.2 million represented either a portion of the revenues Cryptsy had generated from its business or represented Bitcoin that Mr. Vernon himself personally owned.  Despite Mr. Vernon’s assertions of business revenue and personal ownership, Coinbase — as a Money Services Business regulated under the FinCEN division of the U.S. Treasury Department — was required to reasonably verify those facts.  The lawsuit asserts that Mr. Vernon’s claims were untrue, and Coinbase failed to satisfy its regulatory requirements or perform any reasonable investigation into the suspicious activity in Mr. Vernon’s and Cryptsy’s Coinbase accounts. Although the exact amount remains undetermined, the lawsuit estimates that the value of the digital funds laundered through Coinbase exceeds $8,200,000.00.  Mr. Vernon is believed to have absconded with those funds when he abandoned Cryptsy and fled to China in late-2015.
The class action lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida under Case No. 9:16-cv-81992.  As stated in the lawsuit, the class of victims pursuing relief includes “All CRYPTSY account owners who: (1) deposited Bitcoins, alternative cryptocurrencies, or any other form of monies or currency at CRYPTSY, (2) had such currency liquidated by VERNON and CRYPTSY through COINBASE, and (3) have been denied access to their accounts and funds between May 22, 2014 and the present date.”  The lawsuit asserts claims for aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting conversion, negligence, and unjust enrichment.  Also joining as a plaintiff in the lawsuit is James D. Sallah, Esq., the Receiver/Corporate Monitor appointed by the Court to marshal Cryptsy’s assets after Mr. Vernon’s disappearance to China.  Among his many responsibilities, Mr. Sallah is charged with protecting and retrieving assets belonging to Cryptsy or its customers, including by pursuing adjudication against those individuals and entities he believes acted in concert or participation with Mr. Vernon.  Many of the court documents relevant to the Receiver’s efforts can be found at www.cryptsyreceivership.com or at www.silverlaw.com.
If you have entrusted your cryptocurrency to an exchange or have lost money in alternative investments, you might have the grounds upon which to assert a claim to recover your losses.  Silver Law Group is a nationally-recognized securities law firm headquartered in South Florida, with satellite offices in New York and Washington, DC, representing investors worldwide with their claims for losses due to financial misconduct and investment firm negligence in securities litigation and arbitration matters.  Likewise, Wites & Kapetan is a South Florida-based firm that has represented Court-appointed trustees, corporations, investors, and shareholders in numerous multi-jurisdictional litigation matters involving securities, commodities, precious metals, asset recovery matters, Ponzi schemes and other investment frauds.  The two firms have each successfully recovered multi-million dollar awards for their clients.
To discuss your legal matter, contact David C. Silver toll-free at (800) 975-4345 or by e-mail at dsilver@silverlaw.com.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:55:53 PM

^dude aren't YOU the grifter who helped steal the bitcoins!?--pay up now !  Undecided

" A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

Synonyms include fraudster, con artist, cheater, confidence man, scammer, hustler, swindler, etc. "

You're beating a dead horse man.

If you bothered to read this thread, you would know that.

We all know I drank the koolaid and fucked up by believing my employer, that is already known.

You have added nothing of value to this thread.

In the meantime, I am one of 2 old employees who have done anything at all to help people recover some funds. Thunderjet, Gleb and Spoetnik have contributed as well. I know it isn't all of it, and because of my position I only had so much access which means I could only do so much. The other previous employee had much more access and has helped recover more funds than anyone. 

Call scam some more, doesn't change anything.

When you have something of value to share, please feel free to do so.

We will all be waiting.
dac10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:11:58 PM

So the judge decided that it will be reimbursed 66,6% from our coins?
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:17:38 PM

66.6 % of whatever is recovered. Right now the number of coins recovered doesn't equal number of coins lost.

If the coinbase suit is successful, it will be a much better payout.

People actually have to sign up for the suit, as Paul wiped records and servers. They don't know who all had accounts, or what was in it.

So you have to contact them them and do some paperwork.

Only those that are part of the lawsuit will get some of the funds.
dac10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:32:05 PM

Then I read somewhere that our coins will go to auction!? What the fuck...our coins, we have not stolen!!!
dac10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:41:00 PM

66.6 % of whatever is recovered. Right now the number of coins recovered doesn't equal number of coins lost.

If the coinbase suit is successful, it will be a much better payout.

People actually have to sign up for the suit, as Paul wiped records and servers. They don't know who all had accounts, or what was in it.

So you have to contact them them and do some paperwork.

Only those that are part of the lawsuit will get some of the funds.

You were a great accomplice to vern, you know that all our transactions they are on blockchain, I had 30-40 coins to cryptsy!!!
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:47:16 PM

Then I read somewhere that our coins will go to auction!? What the fuck...our coins, we have not stolen!!!

yes, dumping coins on markets is only viable for a couple because of amounts involved.

They're going to auction most and divide that up amongst the victims, in relation to how much they held.

With some of the coins, it's a better option than dumping and with no way to know exact amounts to send to people, it can turn into what scientists call a real shitpickle, fast.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:49:14 PM

You were a great accomplice to vern, you know that all our transactions they are on blockchain, I had 30-40 coins to cryptsy!!!

I have no idea what coins are where on the blockchain.  And then for someone to know your coins, from 300 000 other people on the blockchain, is insane.

I agree, it sucks if you had 30-40 coins on there, and that being said, not all coins were recovered, only a % of some were, and you can find that in receiver reports.

I wish you the best in recovering what you can, your best bet at this time is to reach out to the receivers and silver.
dac10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:42:19 PM

I have no idea what coins are where on the blockchain.  And then for someone to know your coins, from 300 000 other people on the blockchain, is insane.

I agree, it sucks if you had 30-40 coins on there, and that being said, not all coins were recovered, only a % of some were, and you can find that in receiver reports.

I wish you the best in recovering what you can, your best bet at this time is to reach out to the receivers and silver.

It is impossible not to find all our coins, I have been "Verified", I gave my personal information, so it's all logged and tracked.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:43:24 PM

It is impossible not to find all our coins have been "Verified", I gave my personal information, so it's all logged and tracked.

Supposedly all that info was wiped by vern last minute..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: