Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006434 times)
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:43:38 PM

You were a great accomplice to vern, you know that all our transactions they are on blockchain, I had 30-40 coins to cryptsy!!!

I have no idea what coins are where on the blockchain.  And then for someone to know your coins, from 300 000 other people on the blockchain, is insane.

I agree, it sucks if you had 30-40 coins on there, and that being said, not all coins were recovered, only a % of some were, and you can find that in receiver reports.

I wish you the best in recovering what you can, your best bet at this time is to reach out to the receivers and silver.

It is impossible not to find all our coins have been "Verified", I gave my personal information, so it's all logged and tracked.

Paul wiped servers according to the receiver. Your information is no longer there. No ones is. Any ID or information you had there were deleted as far as I know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:54:47 AM

You were a great accomplice to vern, you know that all our transactions they are on blockchain, I had 30-40 coins to cryptsy!!!

I have no idea what coins are where on the blockchain.  And then for someone to know your coins, from 300 000 other people on the blockchain, is insane.

I agree, it sucks if you had 30-40 coins on there, and that being said, not all coins were recovered, only a % of some were, and you can find that in receiver reports.

I wish you the best in recovering what you can, your best bet at this time is to reach out to the receivers and silver.

It is impossible not to find all our coins have been "Verified", I gave my personal information, so it's all logged and tracked.

Paul wiped servers according to the receiver. Your information is no longer there. No ones is. Any ID or information you had there were deleted as far as I know.

Wonderful! That means that Lori and Paul Vernon [among others] could theoretically file claims and [once again] be unjustifiably rewarded.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:29:23 AM

So the judge decided that it will be reimbursed 66,6% from our coins?

66.6 % of whatever is recovered. Right now the number of coins recovered doesn't equal number of coins lost.

If the coinbase suit is successful, it will be a much better payout.

People actually have to sign up for the suit, as Paul wiped records and servers. They don't know who all had accounts, or what was in it.

So you have to contact them them and do some paperwork.

Only those that are part of the lawsuit will get some of the funds.

the lawsuit against coinbase while making investors whole doesnt address the real target vernon. whilst people will be happy to be whole justice isnt done. i consider coinbase to be as legally liable as cryptsy employees. employees with wallet access etc should and would have known the situation to be true. if you have wallet access you can surely see the funds werent there. was it mullick or jshock that knew of the theft with paul vernon? that person should be facing the courts too in my opinion... your thought on that persons liability horus? deflecting to coinbase is a big of a cop out. they failed in their checking but no more than any bank doing the same... they however didnt commit the ultimate crime nor lie about it.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:03:56 AM

Well, I feel if someone had wallet access, and saw funds weren't there, they should be liable, yes. If with nothing else, at least for failure to report.

That being said, Coinbase isn't being sued because they saw funds weren't there. They are being sued because they had faulty KYC/AML, knowing Vernon had scammed people, and still allowing him to liquidate. They turned a blind eye to it. That's what the suit claims.

To be fair, if Coinbase did their job properly, they would have locked accounts, or not allowed it, meaning a good chunk of funds would still be there, or at the least, reported earlier, giving feds an opportunity to seize computers or servers early, maybe saving information. Who knows though, it is a what if scenario. Maybe if it was reported, feds still wouldn't have done anything in time, maybe they would have.

I agree, it doesn't directly catch or even help catch Vernon, but it does help make investors whole.

It isn't ideal by any means, but at this point, I do not believe any prosecution will reach Vernon unless he comes back to states, but at least it helps some people get money back.

Maybe if we're lucky, china will look into bitebi9 and get him with something there.
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:13:23 AM

Well, I feel if someone had wallet access, and saw funds weren't there, they should be liable, yes. If with nothing else, at least for failure to report.

That being said, Coinbase isn't being sued because they saw funds weren't there. They are being sued because they had faulty KYC/AML, knowing Vernon had scammed people, and still allowing him to liquidate. They turned a blind eye to it. That's what the suit claims.

To be fair, if Coinbase did their job properly, they would have locked accounts, or not allowed it, meaning a good chunk of funds would still be there, or at the least, reported earlier, giving feds an opportunity to seize computers or servers early, maybe saving information. Who knows though, it is a what if scenario. Maybe if it was reported, feds still wouldn't have done anything in time, maybe they would have.

I agree, it doesn't directly catch or even help catch Vernon, but it does help make investors whole.

It isn't ideal by any means, but at this point, I do not believe any prosecution will reach Vernon unless he comes back to states, but at least it helps some people get money back.

Maybe if we're lucky, china will look into bitebi9 and get him with something there.

agreed and likewise what about that other cryptsy employee mullick or jshock that alerted vern to the hack? if they had of reported and performed their dilligence at the time vernon wouldnt have leaked 2 years more of funds? i still believe there are cryptsy employees other than vern that need prosecution. there is no bloody way everything is vern.

so to be fair as well those cryptsy employees with tech and wallet access if they did their job they'd know on support ticket response that people couldnt withdraw be ause the funds available didnt match up agreed? so and im not stating you but mullick, other wallet people etc didnt do their job and are liable. i understand mullick helping but i feel to an extent its a guilty mind trying to limited liability. he could of checked earlier but once names are out and silverlaw on the scene hes overly helpful compared to trollbox days. he had access to check. i asked him for a wallets cold wallet address in the past for big holder checks and he gave it to me. fair to say mullick knew cold wallet addresses too. when people support ticket queried he could check. i dont buy i didnt know.
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:53:07 AM

agreed and likewise what about that other cryptsy employee mullick or jshock that alerted vern to the hack? if they had of reported and performed their dilligence at the time vernon wouldnt have leaked 2 years more of funds? i still believe there are cryptsy employees other than vern that need prosecution. there is no bloody way everything is vern.

so to be fair as well those cryptsy employees with tech and wallet access if they did their job they'd know on support ticket response that people couldnt withdraw be ause the funds available didnt match up agreed? so and im not stating you but mullick, other wallet people etc didnt do their job and are liable. i understand mullick helping but i feel to an extent its a guilty mind trying to limited liability. he could of checked earlier but once names are out and silverlaw on the scene hes overly helpful compared to trollbox days. he had access to check. i asked him for a wallets cold wallet address in the past for big holder checks and he gave it to me. fair to say mullick knew cold wallet addresses too. when people support ticket queried he could check. i dont buy i didnt know.

Yeah, to be honest, I was always told Mullick did not have access to main bitcoin wallets. I remember some days a tx would have to go out, and we would have to wait for Paul to send the tx, because Mullick didn't have access to the btc wallet.

Me saying anything though is just speculation. I didn't personally have enough access to know any of that, my work was never to do with wallets or things of that nature.

My thing was things like KYC/AML and investigations on IDs and stuff.

I wish I knew more in that area for sure, but at this point, I don't.  Maybe as the suit progresses more information will come out and enlighten us.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:09:50 AM

I don't think they will get anything from Coinbase, they Knew the Customer and Knew the Business was legitimate. Hope I am wrong but they have no idea of the intent to defraud. This would have been close to the actual date of the closing down too and most were in the dark especially if you didn't really follow it, or had read some Articles about Trolling or C and D letters thinking it was all FUD back then.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:39:31 AM

Lets stir up some shit k guys ? DRAMA FUD TROLL TROLL TROLL !!!111ONE

Source = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.20

And don't EVER forget how i roll !

Who gets the last laugh ?

Shit up in here just went FULL episode of Carol Burnett !

Yeah i said it ..what are you gonna do about it ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
fakecryptsynagger

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:40:56 AM

Lets stir up some shit k guys ? DRAMA FUD TROLL TROLL TROLL !!!111ONE

Source = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.20

And don't EVER forget how i roll !

Who gets the last laugh ?

Shit up in here just went FULL episode of Carol Burnett !

Yeah i said it ..what are you gonna do about it ?

Vern office call for all employees n his ex - family
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:28:00 AM

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the coinbase lawsuit. Anything from that will go to people who lost at cryptsy too. They may not get the full 8 million they're asking for, but anything is better than nothing. People just have to remember to actually email and join the class action. Even if you aren't in US, email and join. Some of the documents on the receivership website give proper instructions on how to join.  Lawyers have to give 66.6% back to people. Even if you don't have screenshots, you may be able to get in on action with your word and swearing on how much you had. Worth a shot for sure.

^dude aren't YOU the grifter who helped steal the bitcoins!?--pay up now !  Undecided

" A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

Synonyms include fraudster, con artist, cheater, confidence man, scammer, hustler, swindler, etc. "

You're beating a dead horse man.

If you bothered to read this thread, you would know that.

We all know I drank the koolaid and fucked up by believing my employer, that is already known.

You have added nothing of value to this thread.

In the meantime, I am one of 2 old employees who have done anything at all to help people recover some funds. Thunderjet, Gleb and Spoetnik have contributed as well. I know it isn't all of it, and because of my position I only had so much access which means I could only do so much. The other previous employee had much more access and has helped recover more funds than anyone.  

Call scam some more, doesn't change anything.

When you have something of value to share, please feel free to do so.

We will all be waiting.

YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON AND KEPT WORKING THERE!!!!

DUDE I WANT MY COINS BACK!!!

===>

I HOLD YOU PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:38:25 PM

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the coinbase lawsuit. Anything from that will go to people who lost at cryptsy too. They may not get the full 8 million they're asking for, but anything is better than nothing. People just have to remember to actually email and join the class action. Even if you aren't in US, email and join. Some of the documents on the receivership website give proper instructions on how to join.  Lawyers have to give 66.6% back to people. Even if you don't have screenshots, you may be able to get in on action with your word and swearing on how much you had. Worth a shot for sure.

^dude aren't YOU the grifter who helped steal the bitcoins!?--pay up now !  Undecided

" A grifter is someone who swindles you through deception or fraud.

Synonyms include fraudster, con artist, cheater, confidence man, scammer, hustler, swindler, etc. "

You're beating a dead horse man.

If you bothered to read this thread, you would know that.

We all know I drank the koolaid and fucked up by believing my employer, that is already known.

You have added nothing of value to this thread.

In the meantime, I am one of 2 old employees who have done anything at all to help people recover some funds. Thunderjet, Gleb and Spoetnik have contributed as well. I know it isn't all of it, and because of my position I only had so much access which means I could only do so much. The other previous employee had much more access and has helped recover more funds than anyone.  

Call scam some more, doesn't change anything.

When you have something of value to share, please feel free to do so.

We will all be waiting.

YOU KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON AND KEPT WORKING THERE!!!!

DUDE I WANT MY COINS BACK!!!

===>

I HOLD YOU PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll go you one better: Horus, I want my coins back, too. The ONLY proof I had about having coins was on a server that Paul Vernon erased. I had a backup, but this damn cat fucked up my computer. Here's proof of cat:

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:55:44 PM

Well, I feel if someone had wallet access, and saw funds weren't there, (horus) should be liable, yes. If with nothing else, at least for failure to report.

I agree, it doesn't directly catch or even help catch (horus), but it does help make investors whole.

It isn't ideal by any means, but at this point, I do not believe any prosecution will reach (horus) unless he comes back to states, but at least it helps some people get money back.

Cool

(aka "banned for life")

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
dac10

Activity: 557
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:16:22 PM

So the judge decided that it will be reimbursed 66,6% from our coins?

66.6 % of whatever is recovered. Right now the number of coins recovered doesn't equal number of coins lost.

If the coinbase suit is successful, it will be a much better payout.

People actually have to sign up for the suit, as Paul wiped records and servers. They don't know who all had accounts, or what was in it.

So you have to contact them them and do some paperwork.

Only those that are part of the lawsuit will get some of the funds.

This and the way forward!!!
 As stated in the lawsuit, the class of victims pursuing relief includes “All CRYPTSY account owners who: (1) deposited Bitcoins, alternative cryptocurrencies, or any other form of monies or currency at CRYPTSY, (2) had such currency liquidated by VERNON and CRYPTSY through COINBASE, and (3) have been denied access to their accounts and funds between May 22, 2014 and the present date.”
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:49:43 PM

Lori will probably claim she had 1 million on Cryptsy with proof of a picture of a cat then go and buy back that Mansion  Cheesy

Oh and my point earlier was to remind the guys of all the stuff we witnessed on chat.
The staff there had remarkable access to all kinds of things.
That picture is from Horus when he posted it here.
It's the Cryptsy Admin Page he had access to..

They may not have had the ability to move money around from Vern's storage accounts but i find it hard to believe they couldn't do just about everything else.

Which.. means it's pretty damn hard to play dumb all this time.

Don't forget guys people like JSHock seen these problems persist for ages as he fed excuses..
He tried them all ..even blaming Spoetnik & Gleb's "FUD" for the withdrawal problems.
Which yeah could be a legit retort.. sort of.
A couple of us running around saying the sky is falling *could* -contribute- to the issues at the time but it was definitely not the cause.
We know this because the problems were ongoing and severe before anyone had a chance to hear any "FUD".

I don't want to single out Horus on this but yeah he may be guilty of playing dumb.
I think maybe in a way he's sort of admitted that.
NONE of the others ever have in the slightest.

Horus even threatened to quit on his employer.. did any others ?

JSHock told me before he was in charge 2nd to no one but BigVern.
So... Horus had no choice but to follow that guys lead.
And JShock spewed lies & bullshit every step of the way while MULLICK was laying low.
..the "wallet guy"

Not much point in beating a dead horse Horus.
Especially when the others have failed to come forward and be accountable.
And all of them had already commented on this topic ..they are aware it's here.
Who has ?
- Horus
- BigVern
- JSHock
- DCgirl
- Mullick
- BitJohn

Only one we seen show their face and own up to any of this is Horus.

Horus offered to answer any questions i might have.
Which i appreciate because it is a pain in the ass being nagged about shit forever.
I can't think of anything worth asking.. can you all think of something reasonable ?
Maybe post it here.

A lot of these guys have some explaining to do.. and their silence is damning.

So hey DCGirl since you have Paul's phone number in China why not call him up for us and ask him when he plans on coming back to the USA and then let us know which airport and when Wink
..or is she already living in China too ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
gamfreak11

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:06:03 PM

does anyone have information on what paperwork/proof we need to submit + to who at Silver law firm to join the suit?
Horus_Cryptsy

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:52:15 PM

does anyone have information on what paperwork/proof we need to submit + to who at Silver law firm to join the suit?

if you go to www.cryptsyreceivership.com  it is in the papers on there. You'll have to read through them to find it though, but it is there.
Fontas Returns

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 12:51:23 AM

If the hacker isn't Vern or Cryptsy insider - most likely a rogue federal agent - like Shawn Bridges
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:17:29 AM

If the hacker isn't Vern or Cryptsy insider - most likely a rogue federal agent - like Shawn Bridges

Good point! That explains why Paul Vernon erased the servers and ran to hide in China with his new Chinese piece of ass leaving behind his Chinese ex-wife and two kids - ROGUE FEDERAL AGENTS.

Back to Lori Nettles, a gal well-versed in intelligence serving in the US Army in said capacity, she was able to plea ignorance in Paul Vernon's personal and business affairs, thus rewarded a million-dollar-plus house. If Lori was any more ignorant, she could've won the entire state of Florida.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:13:45 AM

Lori will probably claim she had 1 million on Cryptsy with proof of a picture of a cat then go and buy back that Mansion  Cheesy

Oh and my point earlier was to remind the guys of all the stuff we witnessed on chat.
The staff there had remarkable access to all kinds of things.
That picture is from Horus when he posted it here.
It's the Cryptsy Admin Page he had access to..

They may not have had the ability to move money around from Vern's storage accounts but i find it hard to believe they couldn't do just about everything else.

Which.. means it's pretty damn hard to play dumb all this time.

Don't forget guys people like JSHock seen these problems persist for ages as he fed excuses..
He tried them all ..even blaming Spoetnik & Gleb's "FUD" for the withdrawal problems.
Which yeah could be a legit retort.. sort of.
A couple of us running around saying the sky is falling *could* -contribute- to the issues at the time but it was definitely not the cause.
We know this because the problems were ongoing and severe before anyone had a chance to hear any "FUD".

I don't want to single out Horus on this but yeah he may be guilty of playing dumb.
I think maybe in a way he's sort of admitted that.
NONE of the others ever have in the slightest.

Horus even threatened to quit on his employer.. did any others ?

JSHock told me before he was in charge 2nd to no one but BigVern.
So... Horus had no choice but to follow that guys lead.
And JShock spewed lies & bullshit every step of the way while MULLICK was laying low.
..the "wallet guy"

Not much point in beating a dead horse Horus.
Especially when the others have failed to come forward and be accountable.
And all of them had already commented on this topic ..they are aware it's here.
Who has ?
- Horus
- BigVern
- JSHock
- DCgirl
- Mullick
- BitJohn

Only one we seen show their face and own up to any of this is Horus.

Horus offered to answer any questions i might have.
Which i appreciate because it is a pain in the ass being nagged about shit forever.
I can't think of anything worth asking.. can you all think of something reasonable ?
Maybe post it here.

A lot of these guys have some explaining to do.. and their silence is damning.

So hey DCGirl since you have Paul's phone number in China why not call him up for us and ask him when he plans on coming back to the USA and then let us know which airport and when Wink
..or is she already living in China too ?

I'll answer any questions you have as long as they wont interfere with any open investigation into Paul Vernon
o0o0
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:26:53 AM

what level of wallet access did you have on the exchange and could you have seen that the values of cold wallets didnt add up with all the support ticket queries?

there was mention of paul vernon being alerted of a hack in 2014. i believe at the time from pauls blog or an interview that it was a cryptsy employee and im running rough here but i thought there was mention of either mullick or jshock. if this is the case and it was you why was there no report done to authorities to limit loss.

as a wallet guy surely you saw many bitcoin leaving to coinbase. why was there no kyc on paul sending it and checks for audit when customers were subjected to worse especially when customers were told regular filings were made. if filings were done wouldnt authorities realise payl was doing huge withdrawals that didnt match revenue?
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: