Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006434 times)
Litvin

Activity: 78
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:29:16 PM

Yet somehow it is possible to return the coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

Of course!   Anything is possible.  This is CRYPTO!   Wink
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

Vernon later denied that he had stolen the funds, pointing a finger at hackers whom he alleged had struck the exchange over a several-year period.

Come again! The hack occurred over a couple couple-hour period according to Paul Vernon's own words and proven via the blockchain. How the fuck was CoinDesk capable of getting this simple fact wrong?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:57:30 AM

When will justice reach the level at which people get a FULL repair of what they lost to the crime?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:19:30 AM

Don't hold your breath.
And I see no reason at all to continue with crypto anymore.
I am tired of being the bad guy treated like shit across crypto so thieves and greedy losers can control it.
And drive it down the toilet.

If the pajeets want me gone?
They can pay me.

This could very well be my last post.
What's to say.. It all started with good intentions.
But.. Money.

FUD first & ask questions later™
dunja22

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:25:30 AM

can anyone give me some advice, BigVern/cryptsy said that the servers where " wiped" now i checked my wallet in the blockchain and found out my digibyte coins were transferred after the so called wipe, they were transferred a few times and are now located on the Poloniex servers

is there any change i can make a lawsuit against poloniex, demanding my coins back, i have evidence, besides that these are stolen coins

please let me know thanks
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:56:22 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 03:12:03 PM by TheTommyD

can anyone give me some advice, BigVern/cryptsy said that the servers where " wiped" now i checked my wallet in the blockchain and found out my digibyte coins were transferred after the so called wipe, they were transferred a few times and are now located on the Poloniex servers

is there any change i can make a lawsuit against poloniex, demanding my coins back, i have evidence, besides that these are stolen coins

i followed the money, it's not on the cryptsy servers, its located on poliniex now, site is same setup

Wow, this needs to reported the class action group so they can look in to it and try to seize assets if Poloniex are holding Cryptsy money

The Receivers already know. It was in one of their reports that they are aware of coins sent to Poloniex

If the Lawyers recover any of the coins on Polo; any approved claimants will get fractional amounts.

If you asking if you could do it on your own? Not likely if Silver Law Can't do it.

I just checked The Court Info:

Docket last updated: 11 hours ago
Thursday, August 31, 2017
128        notice Notice of Change of Address Thu 12:00 PM NOTICE of Change of Address by David Chad Silver (Silver, David)

Monday, August 28, 2017
127        motion Settlement Mon 12:35 PM Unopposed MOTION for Settlement Motion to Distribute Settlement Funds by Brandon Leidel. Responses due by 9/11/2017 (Wites, Marc)

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:57:25 AM

When will justice reach the level at which people get a FULL repair of what they lost to the crime?

Never.

Cuz, Capitalism.
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:02:58 PM

That would be right after never.

spamsucks

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:11:45 PM

So, heres the thing with that...

How do you know it wasnt the lawyer moving the funds to be liquidated for the overall sum of monies collected?

If the law office took and moved the coins to poloniex they are not stolen, and are being sold for cash to pay off all the creditors.

Talk to silverman law office and see what they can tell you about those coins. I can say tho even if they recovered them, you will not get them back yourself. Too many people lost coins, and if they were recovered they would be sold and the money added to the general fund.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

Don't hold your breath.
And I see no reason at all to continue with crypto anymore.
I am tired of being the bad guy treated like shit across crypto so thieves and greedy losers can control it.
And drive it down the toilet.

If the pajeets want me gone?
They can pay me.

This could very well be my last post.
What's to say.. It all started with good intentions.
But.. Money.

stfu crypto is finally getting good and you come at me with this? lol  Cool ~ you miss the cryptsy trollbox alot huh?  Wink

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:24:05 PM

How do you know it wasnt the lawyer moving the funds to be liquidated for the overall sum of monies collected?

If the law office took and moved the coins to poloniex they are not stolen, and are being sold for cash to pay off all the creditors.

Talk to silverman law office and see what they can tell you about those coins. I can say tho even if they recovered them, you will not get them back yourself. Too many people lost coins, and if they were recovered they would be sold and the money added to the general fund.

Didn't Silvers/Silverman publicly disclose which route the salvage coins were to/did take?

TheTommyD

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:41:05 PM

Didn't Silvers/Silverman publicly disclose which route the salvage coins were to/did take?

Yes they Did. They know Coinbase Laundered a lot of Verns (Our) Coins. They are going after Coinbase, Part II of the Lawsuits.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flsdce/9:2016cv81992/497843/36/

gembitz

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:26:35 PM

noobs: most your coins went to the goldcoin dev rite? ( vlad2vlad got bbqcoin from him post disbursement for example)

..in the endgame the most actual value btc was pilfered by Alex Sterk(Sterky)&Julian(jyap) via JBS Jumucks 10x1 split..look it up*

Roll Eyes

*cough-wink*

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:56:38 PM

Yes they Did. They know Coinbase Laundered a lot of Verns (Our) Coins. They are going after Coinbase, Part II of the Lawsuits.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flsdce/9:2016cv81992/497843/36/

Honestly, I don't think much is gonna come of it. Coinbase has become a big powerful player
in the crypto theater with a lot of crypto funds sloshing around and I'm sure they most likely have a top notch legal
team at the ready to defend and liigate this thing for many moons to come.
Then again its crypto and yeah, nothing surprises me anymore in this space.
(wonder if they pay the lawyers in bitcoin? )

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:21:50 PM

Honestly, I don't think much is gonna come of it. Coinbase has become a big powerful player
in the crypto theater with a lot of crypto funds sloshing around and I'm sure they most likely have a top notch legal

I disagree. Coinbase is supposedly following fincen rules.
They obviously broke the rules so it becomes a matter of time to see what they settle for.
The Judge already ditched Arbitration.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:33:44 AM

They obviously broke the rules so it becomes a matter of time to see what they settle for.

OK, fair enough, however I'm actually not familiar with the actual evidence of Coinbase
"obviously breaking the rules". So serious question...
can you enlighten me?
 I'm quite curious to know how you think this is gonna play out as you seem to be knowledgeable
in the legal matters,links etc. Thanx.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:33:44 AM

OK, fair enough, however I'm actually not familiar with the actual evidence of Coinbase
can you enlighten me?
 I'm quite curious to know how you think this is gonna play out as you seem to be knowledgeable

I'm pretty sure that the astute lawyers wouldn't have pursued the case if they felt that they didn't have a case.

Recall, Paul Vernon first used Coinbase to liquidate bitcoins for his million-dollar-plus loan supposedly prior to the hack, then preceded to liquidate millions of dollars worth of bitcoins to his personal and business bank accounts thereafter. Surely, Coinbase should've known that something was amiss, i.e. knowing that Cryptsy would in effect be bone dry, and that's not even them knowing about the hacked(?) coins leaving the platform.

Bottomline, Coinbase should've at least notified the authorities that mega millions was moved but didn't.

TBC, I've have no real issues with Coinbase, just relaying what I believe to be true till proven incorrect on my assessment.
gembitz

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:04:47 AM

can you enlighten me?

I'm pretty sure that the astute lawyers wouldn't have pursued the case if they felt that they didn't have a case.

Recall, Paul Vernon first used Coinbase to liquidate bitcoins for his million-dollar-plus loan supposedly prior to the hack, then preceded to liquidate millions of dollars worth of bitcoins to his personal and business bank accounts thereafter. Surely, Coinbase should've known that something was amiss, i.e. knowing that Cryptsy would in effect be bone dry, and that's not even them knowing about the hacked(?) coins leaving the platform.

Bottomline, Coinbase should've at least notified the authorities that mega millions was moved but didn't.

TBC, I've have no real issues with Coinbase, just relaying what I believe to be true till proven incorrect on my assessment.

Coinbase has always been good to me since beta Wink idk i still think the POM thread is key theory to where the keys disappeared!! lol

spamsucks

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:53:26 PM

can you enlighten me?

At the end of the day, the lawyers will do what lawyers do... go after more money. It costs very little at the end of the day to file paperwork to try to get more money out of another party. They can have an intern draw it up, file it and hope for the best. What is the lawyer out if it gets bounced? But the windfall of 30% or more of any award is well worth the output in this case.
Pages: « 1 ... 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 [504] 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: