Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006427 times)
4power

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:20:38 PM

Is there anyone here that got their claim accepted, is a non-us citizen and knows what we should put for the part II of the W-8 BEN form?
surely whatever funds that are eventually returned to us aren't subject to any tax?

Do you think its worth emailing the lawyers for clarification?

Not an expert but if you are non US citizen & non US resident & the country you are living in has a tax treaty with the US, then you fill in part II. Otherwise leave it blank.
I would also dispute that the returned funds should be non-taxable as returning assets/currency is not "income" but really, who knows with the US... they try to tax everything. I for one am going to contact the lawyers about it but I highly doubt anything will change.

LOL

I live in the Netherlands.. They tax you untill you die.. and when you die, they tax your heirs Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZorroPai

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:00:33 PM

Hello,

I sent my screenshots.
I sent all my transaction IDs.
Everything I had.

I also got an acknowledgment of receiving my email with the documents.

And now after more than 6 months they say I did not send them the data?

Is this a second scam or what?

I am not amused.

Kind regards,
Zorro

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
TheTommyD

Activity: 319
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:23:41 PM

Is there anyone here that got their claim accepted, is a non-us citizen and knows what we should put for the part II of the W-8 BEN form?
surely whatever funds that are eventually returned to us aren't subject to any tax?

Do you think its worth emailing the lawyers for clarification?

Not an expert but if you are non US citizen & non US resident & the country you are living in has a tax treaty with the US, then you fill in part II. Otherwise leave it blank.
I would also dispute that the returned funds should be non-taxable as returning assets/currency is not "income" but really, who knows with the US... they try to tax everything. I for one am going to contact the lawyers about it but I highly doubt anything will change.

I thought about what you said on previous occasions. Even though Governments don't Recognize Cryptocurrencies, they always have "an any income" Clause in their taxation rules.

Kinda like "other related duties" in an employment contract.

BTC: 1DEj5mbjoYXqvRKfoS4yqtdvSKHpQ4hFLu
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 09:28:31 PM

Hello,

I sent my screenshots.
Everything I had.

I am not amused.

Kind regards,
Zorro

I'd contact them: http://www.cryptsysettlement.com/

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:15:42 PM

All I can think of is that everyone in the know (including Silver Law), knew people could get "out" of Cryptsy at a huge premium through some coins.

not sure if was in the know but i did notice a lot of chatters in the troll
box were saying you could get coins out through Dogecoin around the time when the shit hit the fan.
it's what i did and it worked. i took a haircut,but better than nothing.
what sucked was had i held the doge for  a couple of weeks longer instead of immediately dumping, i coulda
doubled my coin  as doge pumped to some ridiculous price shortly thereafter, as i recall, which would have in effect
canceled my haircut and then some.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
ZorroPai

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:23:03 PM

Hello,

I sent my screenshots.
Everything I had.

I am not amused.

Kind regards,
Zorro

I'd contact them: http://www.cryptsysettlement.com/

Hi TheTommyD,

I called them.
The young woman on the phone told me to write a letter rather than an email.

In spite of that I wrote an email immediately and I will write a letter also.

It may be an error but if not, it would be not nice what they are doing.

Kind regards,
Zorro

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
TheTommyD

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:26:51 PM

All I can think of is that everyone in the know (including Silver Law), knew people could get "out" of Cryptsy at a huge premium through some coins.

box were saying you could get coins out through Dogecoin around the time when the shit hit the fan.
what sucked was had i held the doge for  a couple of weeks longer instead of immediately dumping, i coulda
doubled my coin  as doge pumped to some ridiculous price shortly thereafter, as i recall, which would have in effect

Ahhh...the good ol hindsight. The 110,000 ripple I had was worth 30 grand when it pumped up this past spring.

I'll probably get enough from this settlement to buy a case of American beer >)

TheTommyD

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:09:08 AM

Hi, My Name is Paul Vernon I mean Tom. I'm here today to Offer you all Redemption.

Things aren't working out well here in China.   I'm so tired of Chicks that smell like Octopus and Eating on the Floor.

I want to come Home so I've started a gofundme page.

For every Dollar I collect, I Promise to give back 50 cents towards my Litigation.

BTW I lost the Keys

Signed.

Paul Verison, Paul Vernon.

Tom

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:14:30 AM

My Claim form has been accepted too.

Non US resident.

I've sent all my screenshots of my stuck balances, copy of identication, Adressess and Tier 2 acceptance mails and all the mails between me and Crypsty servicedesk.

I had 7.6 btc over there.

4Power.

lol bitcoin anonymous? Cheesy bwaahaa noobs

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
drasius

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:31:26 AM

I'm from Spain should I fill out part 2? how?

I left reference number in blank

Just in case I've sent an email to the lawyers for simple instructions.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:26:18 AM

This might be looked at as a noob question, but I feel that they denied me because of my lack in English writing skills on the documentation I sent  Huh I always was that foreign kid on school who got D's and F's on essays at University level "studied in Canada". Even though I sent the screen shots + email exchanges + a video of my account.

So can some one please give me a sample of what should I write in my letter to them; then all I have to do is put the things I sent or something like that?

This is what they sent me few days back

You submitted a Claim Form in the class action lawsuit styled Brandon Leidel, et al. v. Project Investors, Inc. d/b/a Cryptsy, Paul Vernon, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. - S.D. Fla. -- Case No. 9:16-cv-80060-KAM (the “Lawsuit”). Your Claim Form was not submitted with documentation sufficient to identify the type and quantity of cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period. As a result, you do not have a Recognized Claim and will not receive a payment pursuant to the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Plan of Allocation in the Lawsuit.

If you want to contest the rejection of your Claim, you must submit to the address listed below a notice and statement of reasons indicating your grounds for contesting the rejection along with any supporting documentation you believe supports your claim. You also have the right to a review by the Court. Please indicate in your submission if you are requesting a review by the Court. To support your claim, you must submit documentation such as account statements or screenshots of account holdings that sufficiently identify the type and quantity of the cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period. Your notice contesting the rejection of your Claim must be mailed by October 5, 2017 to:

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
4power

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:42:05 AM

Non US resident.

I've sent all my screenshots of my stuck balances, copy of identication, Adressess and Tier 2 acceptance mails and all the mails between me and Crypsty servicedesk.

4Power.

I have nothing to hide, you?

gembitz

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:50:22 AM

This might be looked at as a noob question, but I feel that they denied me because of my lack in English writing skills on the documentation I sent  Huh I always was that foreign kid on school who got D's and F's on essays at University level "studied in Canada". Even though I sent the screen shots + email exchanges + a video of my account.

So can some one please give me a sample of what should I write in my letter to them; then all I have to do is put the things I sent or something like that?

You submitted a Claim Form in the class action lawsuit styled Brandon Leidel, et al. v. Project Investors, Inc. d/b/a Cryptsy, Paul Vernon, et al., U.S. Dist. Ct. - S.D. Fla. -- Case No. 9:16-cv-80060-KAM (the “Lawsuit”). Your Claim Form was not submitted with documentation sufficient to identify the type and quantity of cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period. As a result, you do not have a Recognized Claim and will not receive a payment pursuant to the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Plan of Allocation in the Lawsuit.

If you want to contest the rejection of your Claim, you must submit to the address listed below a notice and statement of reasons indicating your grounds for contesting the rejection along with any supporting documentation you believe supports your claim. You also have the right to a review by the Court. Please indicate in your submission if you are requesting a review by the Court. To support your claim, you must submit documentation such as account statements or screenshots of account holdings that sufficiently identify the type and quantity of the cryptocurrency held at Cryptsy during the class period. Your notice contesting the rejection of your Claim must be mailed by October 5, 2017 to:

axe horus didn't he study in canadah? Cheesy

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:51:18 AM

Non US resident.

4Power.

I have nothing to hide, you?

satoshi who whoo Cool #bathsalts

alphapilot

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

Some useful links:

Instructions for Form W-8BEN: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf
Tax Treaty Table: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/Tax_Treaty_Table_3.pdf

Greetings
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 09:11:19 PM

This might be looked at as a noob question, but I feel that they denied me because of my lack in English writing skills on the documentation I sent  Huh I always was that foreign kid on school who got D's and F's on essays at University level "studied in Canada". Even though I sent the screen shots + email exchanges + a video of my account.

I'd be happy to help you put together a contest to the rejection of your claim. If you like, you can remain anon too, but only doing the body of the letter with me, and you can add your information after. Let me know if you would like some help doing it.  We can make sure non proper English was not the reason for the rejection.
gembitz

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

This might be looked at as a noob question, but I feel that they denied me because of my lack in English writing skills on the documentation I sent  Huh I always was that foreign kid on school who got D's and F's on essays at University level "studied in Canada". Even though I sent the screen shots + email exchanges + a video of my account.

I'd be happy to help you put together a contest to the rejection of your claim. If you like, you can remain anon too, but only doing the body of the letter with me, and you can add your information after. Let me know if you would like some help doing it.  We can make sure non proper English was not the reason for the rejection.

sup fool EMC2 pumping..use your heistcoins to pump brah==>you cannot ban me from the trollbox no more! lol :-D weeeee

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:45:02 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 11:27:26 PM by sirazimuth

Ahhh...the good ol hindsight. The 110,000 ripple I had was worth 30 grand when it pumped up this past spring.

yeah dont i know it!
 crypto hindsight is same as lottery hindsight...
"oh shit, why didn't i play that number man! i KNEW i shoulda played that number!"  lol

That sucks dude. I know it doesnt help anything saying it, but I will anyway...
 really sorry you lost coins to the scumbag prick Vernon.
Hope you get something back anyway.

(Hey, there are some really good American micro brewed beers btw ,
just stay away from the corporate swill.. bud,miller etc, but you probably knew that, yeah?  Wink)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
gembitz

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:53:22 PM

yeah dont i know it!
 crypto hindsight is same as lottery hindsight...
"oh shit, why didn't i play that number man! i KNEW i shoulda played that number!"  lol

That sucks dude. I know it doesnt help anything saying it, but I will anyway...
 really sorry you lost coins to the scumbag prick Vernon.
Hope you get something back anyway.

(Hey, there are some really good American micro brewed beers btw ,
just stay away from the corporate swill.. bud,miller etc, but you probably knew that, yeah?  Wink)

fool~blames hack on 777coin lmao  Roll Eyes  weeee

cellat87

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:26:43 AM

Is this the biggest thread on this board? Was a legendary scam back in the day.
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: