Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631766 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:54:14 AM

Been watching this pop up from time to time over the last year and a half...  Im beginning to think this OP was a god damn genius. Ha Ha...

TC

The funny thing is that the OP is one of the biggest idiots to have frequented these forums. And that's saying something Smiley

I think the OP is a prophet.

How can one have an opinion on the other posts of the OP? It appears to be an unreachable guest account.
OP is/was Atlas, among many other pseudonyms he took after being repeatedly banned for turning everything into an argument about why governments across the world will fall to libertarian ideals (you could be talking about which soda you prefer, and Atlas will surely come in and start ranting about the soda Nazis, and why libertarians must drink unlicensed soda to rebel against government oppression). When not derailing threads, his range of topics (which varied greatly, along with personality, depending on which sock account he used) included "everyone should use blue light bulbs" and "I can't make the 'u' thing on my keyboard." His MO consisted mostly of quoting dead people and complaining about the heavy-handed moderation policies. As you probably know, you basically can't post anything on this forum without having your thread being deleted by Thermos the Tyrant.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:52:24 AM

Been watching this pop up from time to time over the last year and a half...  Im beginning to think this OP was a god damn genius. Ha Ha...

TC

The funny thing is that the OP is one of the biggest idiots to have frequented these forums. And that's saying something Smiley

How can one have an opinion on the other posts of the OP? It appears to be an unreachable guest account.
OP is/was Atlas, among many other pseudonyms he took after being repeatedly banned for turning everything into an argument about why governments across the world will fall to libertarian ideals (you could be talking about which soda you prefer, and Atlas will surely come in and start ranting about the soda Nazis, and why libertarians must drink unlicensed soda to rebel against government oppression). When not derailing threads, his range of topics (which varied greatly, along with personality, depending on which sock account he used) included "everyone should use blue light bulbs" and "I can't make the 'u' thing on my keyboard." His MO consisted mostly of quoting dead people and complaining about the heavy-handed moderation policies. As you probably know, you basically can't post anything on this forum without having your thread being deleted by Thermos the Tyrant.

He wasn't (permanently) banned for any of that. He was when he started that suicide thread ...
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:21:11 PM

TC

Ahh. Thanks for the background on Atlas. How ironic then that this post has become iconic.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

check back in 5 years, you won't feel as poor. (i hope)
You might feel as sad, though, as this is not related at all. Wink

Not true accordig to this article http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/05/daily-chart-0

This article however puts the price at 75000 USD a year. http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html

So happiness can actually be bought.

Demokrati: Två vargar och ett lamm röstar om lunchmenyn.      Democracy: Two wolfes and a lamb votes about the lunch menu.
Frihet: Ett väl beväpnat lamm opponerar sig mot omröstningen.  Freedom: A well armed lamb opposes the outcome.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 03:03:13 PM

Not true accordig to this article http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/05/daily-chart-0

This article however puts the price at 75000 USD a year. http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2019628,00.html

Incorrect. I wouldn't be happy with $75k a month.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

I'm pretty sure they don't mean you personally in the articles.  Wink

Demokrati: Två vargar och ett lamm röstar om lunchmenyn.      Democracy: Two wolfes and a lamb votes about the lunch menu.
Frihet: Ett väl beväpnat lamm opponerar sig mot omröstningen.  Freedom: A well armed lamb opposes the outcome.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:51:16 PM

Ahh. Thanks for the background on Atlas. How ironic then that this post has become iconic.

Atlas was a child with a great mind.  He will be truly great one day, but while he was here he mostly aggravated everyone with his inmature worldview and narrow ideology.  He needs to grow up some, but I have no doubt that he has enough of his own bitcoins that he many never want for anything.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:10:05 PM

TC

Thermos the Tyrant? What happened to you Kluge? You used to be a lot more PC and supporting of the forum. Someone did something to you? Theymos maybe?

BTW: I miss the Atlas vs. Matthew threads. They were some of the most entertaining on the forum. Some people at the time were speculating over whether Atlas and Matthew were the same person. They weren't the same person they were just both equally peculiar. The arguments were entertaining because both of them were very intelligent, well read and immature to the point of infantile.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:25:44 PM

wtf even I saw the sarcasm  Cheesy

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:34:20 PM

wtf even I saw the sarcasm  Cheesy

Oh, is that what that was. Good.

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:08:04 AM

it is as utopian

Nope, far from it. It simply recognizes that there is a "less bad" way than using violence to accomplish things. It doesn't promise perfection or even close to it. It implicitly recognizes that perfection is not achievable.

Taxes are actually the simplest and easiest way to fund some things

Similar reasoning is behind why you'll find your car windows broken out if you park in certain places.

Seems like this MEP agrees with you.

http://adask.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/it-wont-be-long-before-the-people-storm-this-chamber-and-hang-you-and-theyll-be-right/

The debates in the European parliament can be fun to watch sometimes.

Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:47:30 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
It's gonna take a while for bitcoins to hit $10,000. But if they do I would probably cry, as I sold my bitcoins at $100, I turned down an investment opportunity to spend $6000 on them at around the same price range, and I usually spend them when I get them now. But what can you do.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:26:14 AM

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
It's gonna take a while for bitcoins to hit $10,000. But if they do I would probably cry, as I sold my bitcoins at $100, I turned down an investment opportunity to spend $6000 on them at around the same price range, and I usually spend them when I get them now. But what can you do.

Give them to me, I promise to hold them for you for the low cost of 10 %  Smiley

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:58:46 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 05:18:34 PM by Arriemoller

So, I just watched this years Nobel price ceremony on TV, and it struck me that if Bitcoin becomes the revolution some of us think. And if the person(s) behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto can be identified, He/she/they will most likely be awarded the Nobel prize in economics.

Edit: Witch would be rather ironic since that prize was added in 1968 by the Swedish national bank.

eatrader

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The Crypto Analyst

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 06:22:52 PM

You think this kid has the taste to be driving an Alpha Romeo?

http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/alfa-romeo-8c.jpg
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:31:51 PM

So, I just watched this years Nobel price ceremony on TV, and it struck me that if Bitcoin becomes the revolution some of us think. And if the person(s) behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto can be identified, He/she/they will most likely be awarded the Nobel prize in economics.

Edit: Witch would be rather ironic since that prize was added in 1968 by the Swedish national bank.

Which would be the reason that this is never going to happen.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

But what can you do.
stop making the same mistakes more than once?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2112

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:36:17 AM

It's not actually a Nobel prize either.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:20:00 AM

Right now, I am earning $600 per month. Can't even make a comparison.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:37:09 PM

Right now, I am earning $600 per month. Can't even make a comparison.

can you really live on $150 a week in usa thesedays ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: