Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:04:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631773 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10147

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:00:12 AM

10K+ per coin next year IMO

That's absurd Roll Eyes

HELLO?  Get a grip?  What is absurd about $10k in a year-ish, explain yourself...

Do you understand BTC fundamentals and market cap, or you just spouting off various troll talking points? 

$10k-ish seem as likely as, if NOT more likely than your suggestion of an never ending downward projection leading us to $100-ish.

That's always been my biggest problem with this thread: people treating bitcoins like lottery tickets. Lambo anyone?

Some people may treat bitcoins like lottery tickets; however, that is likely the exception rather than the rule... lottery tickets are much different from bitcoins, so that practice is NOT a very apt analogy b/c it oversimplifies the totality of bitcoins into one of its arguable parts. 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:19:50 AM

That's absurd Roll Eyes

HELLO?  Get a grip?  What is absurd about $10k in a year-ish, explain yourself...

Do you understand BTC fundamentals and market cap, or you just spouting off various troll talking points? 

$10k-ish seem as likely as, if NOT more likely than your suggestion of an never ending downward projection leading us to $100-ish.

That's always been my biggest problem with this thread: people treating bitcoins like lottery tickets. Lambo anyone?

Some people may treat bitcoins like lottery tickets; however, that is likely the exception rather than the rule... lottery tickets are much different from bitcoins, so that practice is NOT a very apt analogy b/c it oversimplifies the totality of bitcoins into one of its arguable parts. 

Well, I don't see it being used as a store of value by anyone with an aversion to losing lots of it overnight..

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:12:35 AM

That's absurd Roll Eyes

Well, I don't see it being used as a store of value by anyone with an aversion to losing lots of it overnight..

You are over generalizing, and even inaccurately so.

Of course BTC is being used as a storage of value by a variety of people, and that storage of value of BTC may be only one portion of a variety of people's investment portfolio in order to hedge against the dollar, for example or to hedge against some other currency or asset classes. 

The proportion of a person's investment portfolio invested in BTC as a storage of value is going to vary from person to person depending upon a large variety of factors including but not  limited to: risk aversion, time-line, personal view of probabilities for various up or down BTC performance scenarios, personal inclination to act on views of the world, quantity of other financial assets, distribution of other financial assets, view of other uses of BTC (besides storage of value), etc.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:21:24 AM

When bitcoin hits 10 thousand, bitcoin will be used almost everywhere, so I will use it as regular money, and not convert it to cash. Hopefully even pay my bills with bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:29:16 AM

hope we are  Smiley

qq520

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:20:20 AM

no doubt!

i love btc.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:22:59 AM

When bitcoin hits 10 thousand, bitcoin will be used almost everywhere, so I will use it as regular money, and not convert it to cash. Hopefully even pay my bills with bitcoin.

Personally, I am of the opinion that currently the BTC infrastructure is well capable of $10k per BTC... think about it... if BTC were $1k per coin (which it has been in the last year) then the market cap is $14 billion, and if BTC is $10k, then the market cap would be $140 billion - which is NOT a lot in terms of an asset class and/or currency that serves a variety of functions including the storage and transfer of value, and BTC need not be widely adopted in order to achieve and maintain a $140 billion dollar market cap.  NONETHELESS, likely the first trip to $10k BTC is NOT going to hold, and there will remain some volatility.

Now, on the other hand, probably, the BTC infrastructure is NOT quite yet ready for a $1.4 trillion market cap (that would be $100k per coin).. Accordingly, maybe 3-5 years or longer will be necessary to continue to develop the bitcoin infrastructure in that $1.4 trillion dollar market cap direction, and possibly $1.4 trillion as a market cap would bring considerably greater adoption to BTC; however, even $1.4 trillion in today's dollars is only about 20% the market cap of gold.... far from establishing a pervasive world-wide phenomenon.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

Personally, I am of the opinion that currently the BTC infrastructure is well capable of $10k per BTC... think about it... if BTC were $1k per coin (which it has been in the last year) then the market cap is $14 billion, and if BTC is $10k, then the market cap would be $140 billion - which is NOT a lot in terms of an asset class and/or currency that serves a variety of functions including the storage and transfer of value, and BTC need not be widely adopted in order to achieve and maintain a $140 billion dollar market cap.  NONETHELESS, likely the first trip to $10k BTC is NOT going to hold, and there will remain some volatility.

Now, on the other hand, probably, the BTC infrastructure is NOT quite yet ready for a $1.4 trillion market cap (that would be $100k per coin).. Accordingly, maybe 3-5 years or longer will be necessary to continue to develop the bitcoin infrastructure in that $1.4 trillion dollar market cap direction, and possibly $1.4 trillion as a market cap would bring considerably greater adoption to BTC; however, even $1.4 trillion in today's dollars is only about 20% the market cap of gold.... far from establishing a pervasive world-wide phenomenon.

...as it continues to bleed value. Hmmm.

You are bleeding value from this thread, BlindMayorBitcorn, because you are NOT really saying anything substantively, but instead just picking holes and probing for BTC flaws... but let me entertain you, briefly.

More or less, BTC prices have been bleeding value for nearly the past 10 months; however, the last 10 months of BTC is NOT the totality of BTC's prices NOR the totality of BTC's history NOR the totality of BTC's building of fundamentals.. though there have been a lot of BTC fundamentals built within the last 10 months, including network, merchants, liquidation opportunities, ATMs, government regulations (some acceptance), increased world wide adoption, increased public awareness, etc.  Accordingly, you need to consider BTC future value and price beyond its mere price today.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:32:58 AM

the surge when it hits will be quite substantial their is many other factors at play though, the primary one at this stage though will be exchange collapses,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:50:31 AM

the surge when it hits will be quite substantial their is many other factors at play though, the primary one at this stage though will be exchange collapses,

Your use of the term "surge" and "exchange collapses" in the same sentence is confusing.

The term surge is generally used to describe a positive direction in BTC prices; however, I would imagine that Exchange collapses would cause downward pressures upon BTC prices, especially if there has been fractional reserve type shenanigans or stealing and/or disappearance of large quantities of coins.

Surely, it is NOT inevitable that in the near term future that any large exchange will collapse and/or include BTC shenanigans..   Do you have further info?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:52:32 AM

...as it continues to bleed value. Hmmm.

You are bleeding value from this thread, BlindMayorBitcorn, because you are NOT really saying anything substantively, but instead just picking holes and probing for BTC flaws... but let me entertain you, briefly.

More or less, BTC prices have been bleeding value for nearly the past 10 months; however, the last 10 months of BTC is NOT the totality of BTC's prices NOR the totality of BTC's history NOR the totality of BTC's building of fundamentals.. though there have been a lot of BTC fundamentals built within the last 10 months, including network, merchants, liquidation opportunities, ATMs, government regulations (some acceptance), increased world wide adoption, increased public awareness, etc.  Accordingly, you need to consider BTC future value and price beyond its mere price today.

Ok I can see where I'm not welcome. Picking holes and probing for flaws is not cool around these parts. Well enjoy your Lambos then I'm sure. And pity the kids who bought in at $650.

Ok.. bye bye..

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

It is a theory, it could go up to 10,000$ or close without Bitcoin being used everywhere and you may want to diversify your holdings by buying other asset classes if you have most your wealth in Bitcoin

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:38:01 PM

It is a theory, it could go up to 10,000$ or close without Bitcoin being used everywhere and you may want to diversify your holdings by buying other asset classes if you have most your wealth in Bitcoin

If Bitcoin is used "almost everywhere" it will be and order of magnitude above $10k at the bare minimum.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

The original poster IS correct that trading a little btc person to person for cash from time to time actually does seem to be a decent way to make a little profit from holding bitcoin and being involved in the "BTC Scene" these days... especially as the price has been dipping last few months and we're all WAITING for the next big run-up to finally get started.

It is a process.
Patience is a virtue, friend.

Oh... I know, segvec!  And believe me I'M PATIENT. 
I'm gonna hang on to this wild ride all the way down if need be (and then: all the way UP again!!)

But, y'know... trading a little bitcoin for cash in the meantime isn't necessarily just for the fiat money.

The money you make can also be used to... BUY MORE BITCOIN!!!  Grin Grin Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:10:25 PM

The original poster IS correct that trading a little btc person to person for cash from time to time actually does seem to be a decent way to make a little profit from holding bitcoin and being involved in the "BTC Scene" these days... especially as the price has been dipping last few months and we're all WAITING for the next big run-up to finally get started.

It is a process.

I'm gonna hang on to this wild ride all the way down if need be (and then: all the way UP again!!)

But, y'know... trading a little bitcoin for cash in the meantime isn't necessarily just for the fiat money.

You have a liability by trading bitcoin in person though

"we're all WAITING for the next big run-up to finally get started." : We already started with a price at 400$ today and a price which was more than 1000$ 10months ago! But see what you mean Wink

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:14:14 PM

It is a process.

Or you may be left holding fiat when bitcoin's price breaks out suddenly.  Grin
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:26:06 PM

Personally I buy more BTC with as much of my profit as possible. BTC is gonna be at 10K+ per coin in the future, it would be suicide not too.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:27:31 PM

same here.  personally i will use it exclusively and not pay taxes here

i am here.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 06:09:11 PM

same here.  personally i will use it exclusively and not pay taxes here

You will need to pay taxes on your house if you have one, on your salary  and you may not be able to buy everything under the radar with BTC

If you have a bitcointalk account that you access from home without Tor or a VPN you will need to pay a lot of taxes on your bitcoin holdings since it will be obvious you have some

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 06:14:18 PM

This thread is here for life! lol it just keeps coming back Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: