May 03, 2024, 08:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:33:42 PM

pump & dump coin?

Nope, been around almost 2 years. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
g0ldm0ney10

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:34:57 PM

pump & dump coin?

Haha NOOOOOO!!  Not here bud!!  Don't just come in out of the blue because the price rises and you think it is a pump and dump.  Can't fool people in here as we know the truth and the truth is this is the best coin on the market for security and the price will only go up!!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:39:21 PM

what happens to my wallet when lets say my pc crashes?  ( sorry for stupid questions but im new to this )

Along the lines already mentioned by others..... most coins wallets have a "backup" listed under "file" which does just what it says. You can send this backup to another location on your drive, another computer on your network, a usb drive (I keep one handy just for this) . Further security is available by creating passwords and keys but these also need to be recorded and stored.....the further you lock down a wallet, you'll need them if you ever have to recover its data (coins). Help files on wallets generally have instructions on how to do this. it sometimes varies a little but in principle....they all do the same thing.

Keep in mind, every transaction that changes your balances  , you should backup.

Just good housekeeping.

So with this, you are saying everytime you make a new tranasction (in or out) you should back up the wallet.dat file.  The file (wallet.dat) changes each time the transactions are made correct?  Just wanting to make sure this is correct and there isn't anything else you would miss backing up with new trasactions.  

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////__///// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC /////_
iliasyaco

Activity: 457
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:43:45 PM

I'm going to make a linux wallet installation video for VERGE and wanted my desktop to look good.

Which one of these do you guys like better. The difference is subtle but obvious.

wow cool i am goona use it as my wallpaper haha
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:44:40 PM

That's not true. Backing up your wallet after each transaction is redundant. If you want to save the transaction history you could do that I think by exporting it, but once again, your coins are not on your computer so repeatedly backing up your wallet.dat does nothing.

What you have if you have the wallet.dat or the private key is ACCESS to the coins that anyone can get to on the blockchain.

If you don't believe me, then send me your wallet.dat file and I'll own your coins without ever touching your computer or even attempting to access it.  Wink
g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:45:18 PM

uh-oh  

Maybe Vanillacoin should be worried now!!  Shocked  Cheesy  

Very nicely done Verge community!!

p75formula

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:45:26 PM

I'm going to make a linux wallet installation video for VERGE and wanted my desktop to look good.

Which one of these do you guys like better. The difference is subtle but obvious.

wow cool i am goona use it as my wallpaper haha

Sure thing but let me finish and I'll post full res version later.
iliasyaco

Activity: 457
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:45:53 PM

pump & dump coin?

LOL i could dump it and made 500% profit, but this is a serious good coin
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:46:45 PM

So with this, you are saying everytime you make a new tranasction (in or out) you should back up the wallet.dat file.  The file (wallet.dat) changes each time the transactions are made correct?  Just wanting to make sure this is correct and there isn't anything else you would miss backing up with new trasactions.  

Well just to clarify it for everybody, since Verge wallet should work like any other QT based wallet, once you have saved your wallet.dat file you are fine. It is only recommended to do another save if you change the encryption (password) of your wallet, in any other case you just need to back up once and then you are ready to go. What happens is that you save the "core" of your wallet and the relative private key, if you import it into another wallet or if you restore it the network gives you all the coins you should have received via transactions directed to public addresses generated by your private key, which means that the private key is always the same, nothing changes it, expecially not transactions. Again, this is it for every QT based wallets, and as far as I know Verge should not be any different, correct me if I'm wrong.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:47:06 PM

pump & dump coin?

I could dump and make a 800% prifit... But why buy a honda when you can buy a ferrari dude lol

To peel or not to peel.
g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:47:48 PM

That's not true. Backing up your wallet after each transaction is redundant. If you want to save the transaction history you could do that I think by exporting it, but once again, your coins are not on your computer so repeatedly backing up your wallet.dat does nothing.

What you have if you have the wallet.dat or the private key is ACCESS to the coins that anyone can get to on the blockchain.

If you don't believe me, then send me your wallet.dat file and I'll own your coins without ever touching your computer or even attempting to access it.  Wink

Ok makes sense.  So as long as you have the wallet.dat file you are good even if you do a million transactoins as that doesn't change a thing?  So is there a way to backup transactoin data or do you even need it?

Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:48:46 PM

Well just to clarify it for everybody, since Verge wallet should work like any other QT based wallet, once you have saved your wallet.dat file you are fine. It is only recommended to do another save if you change the encryption (password) of your wallet, in any other case you just need to back up once and then you are ready to go. What happens is that you save the "core" of your wallet and the relative private key, if you import it into another wallet or if you restore it the network gives you all the coins you should have received via transactions directed to public addresses generated by your private key, which means that the private key is always the same, nothing changes it, expecially not transactions. Again, this is it for every QT based wallets, and as far as I know Verge should not be any different, correct me if I'm wrong.

correct!
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:50:52 PM

VERGE has been added to Crypto Database, you can now view it here http://cryptodatabase.net/coins.php?cat=V

If it is missing information or if some of it is incorrect please let me know.

cool, ill add it to the OP. you can change our explorer to blockexperts.com/xvg for now, im still fiddling with the one you have listed.

Excellent, I have updated the block explorer to the one you listed. The only thing holding it back from being marked as resourceful is the total amount of coins for VERGE. Is there a fixed limit to coins or is it unlimited?

16.5 billion will be made, but over decades lol

however if the community decides to change it along the way, that could happen. our plan is to continue evolving, forever.

Surely fundamentals, such as coin supply, should not be changed at a later date? What you are saying is that at some stage you could just double the number of coins, effectively devaluing all the existing coins. Or you could half the supply, doubling the value of your coins... you are playing God. Good luck bag holders.

Supply should never be changed. But if it may, you should state that in the OP since most users will assume a fixed supply.

Yep but we don't know how the world will look like in 50 or say 100 yrs from now. So it's something future generations will have to deal with. Interesting enough there's a big discussion going on behind BTC curtains where some are calling to double BTC supply for very interesting (positive) reasons but that's for another thread.

Do you have a link to any discussion threads?

I seriously doubt BTC supply would ever change, and by entertaining the possibility in Verge you will lose many possible investors.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:51:13 PM

what happens to my wallet when lets say my pc crashes?  ( sorry for stupid questions but im new to this )

Along the lines already mentioned by others..... most coins wallets have a "backup" listed under "file" which does just what it says. You can send this backup to another location on your drive, another computer on your network, a usb drive (I keep one handy just for this) . Further security is available by creating passwords and keys but these also need to be recorded and stored.....the further you lock down a wallet, you'll need them if you ever have to recover its data (coins). Help files on wallets generally have instructions on how to do this. it sometimes varies a little but in principle....they all do the same thing.

Keep in mind, every transaction that changes your balances  , you should backup.

Just good housekeeping.

To be 100% sure, you should backup after every send transaction or address creation.  

When you receive coins to an existing address, your wallet.dat should already have the wallet address/private key pair.  

When you send coins, your wallet could potentially create new addresses to hold the change.  The change addresses are created in blocks, (I don't know the number but think it's around 100).  Unless you checked this you could potentially lose coins if you didn't back up, after new change addresses are created.  You would just lose the coins in that address.  

As someone already stated, your coins are not actually in your wallet, the wallet just has the keys to unlock your coins.    

p75formula

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:51:17 PM

Ok makes sense.  So as long as you have the wallet.dat file you are good even if you do a million transactoins as that doesn't change a thing?  So is there a way to backup transactoin data or do you even need it?

Yes, if you go to export it will output a .csv file with your transaction history. Not sure why you'd need it but if it makes people more comfortable to have that record then go for it.
p75formula

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:52:43 PM

When you send coins, your wallet could potentially create new addresses to hold the change.  The change addresses are created in blocks, (I don't know the number but think it's around 100).  Unless you checked this you could potentially lose coins if you didn't back up, after new change addresses are created.  You would just lose the coins in that address.  

As someone already stated, your coins are not actually in your wallet, the wallet just has the keys to unlock your coins.    

This is a good point, the wallet.dat should be re-backed up if any new addresses are created.
g0ldm0ney10

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:54:10 PM

pump & dump coin?

I could dump and make a 800% prifit... But why buy a honda when you can buy a ferrari dude lol

Exactly!! I could dump and make 1000% right now, won't be selling until over 1000 Sat as then I can buy a ferrari and anything else I want!!  Grin

Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:54:30 PM

Just good housekeeping.

To be 100% sure, you should backup after every send transaction or address creation.  

When you receive coins to an existing address, your wallet.dat should already have the wallet address/private key pair.  

i am sure, if you create a new address you need to backup your wallet.dat again. No need to rebackup for every transactions. Dev can confirm??
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:55:02 PM

when is the dump scheduled?
so we can buy back to refuel the rocket Cool

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:57:23 PM

when is the dump scheduled?
so we can buy back to refuel the rocket Cool

lol! you may be saying that at 1k sat each dude. LOL its still cheap. very cheap. If you dont listen to that and dont buy then you will be a very sorry person LOL

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: