Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473055 times)
pixelpowered

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:43:27 AM

I'm on about the only reason that has been given for this coin to work is that somehow they are going to get a piece of the gaming market to make the coin work.

I'm really unsure how they think they are going to get money from casual gamers when they need to take all the steps necessary to use this coin.

How is it a good mid to long term investment? What is the plan for it to work? Why do you think the people that spend money on mobile games would jump through all the hoops necessary to raise the price of ION?

Personally, I think it's just yet another scam coin. Let's see here. What happened again, basically:

A bunch of people got scammed by garza
Those people saw how it easy it was to build a premined scam coin and do the same thing
This is how they are recouping their losses, by creating their own scam coin

Not a lot to really figure out there, the gaming thing is just bullshit, a smokescreen, just like half  the other shit coins out there created to just make BTC out of thin air, they all "promise" something or another, but it's all just bullshit if it's another btc or peercoin or whatever clone. Coins that are different, like Monero, ETH etc etc - Now we are talking about real crypto investments, not just get-rich quick coins like this particularly stinky POS... Tongue

I sit around all the time and go well Fck, if only I didn't have a conscious, I would probably do the same thing - it's really pretty easy, it just takes some work. Or, for a few BTC, you can pay someone to build you a scamcoin too, complete with marketing, fake hero accounts etc etc, probably like Bitstone dev did... Not that I'm condoning that, just saying. I just have to laugh at all the deep thinking going on about this coin - Not putting anyone down, I just think it's funny, cuz I know it's just another stinky scam coin, and it's creators are even stinkier than most. I mean look at this ANN thread. It's basically a giant scam accusation thread now... That's fantastic! Smiley

Yeah its pretty blatant that its comical now.
Southpark already covered this. Even if you ignore the known actors.
s18e06-freemium-isnt-free
Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duJdeKTwHY

I don't think the ION team can last long enough to launch the swag with their logo either at this rate.
I think a purple rocket with the ION logo would of been great.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:27:14 AM

I'm on about the only reason that has been given for this coin to work is that somehow they are going to get a piece of the gaming market to make the coin work.

I'm really unsure how they think they are going to get money from casual gamers when they need to take all the steps necessary to use this coin.

How is it a good mid to long term investment? What is the plan for it to work? Why do you think the people that spend money on mobile games would jump through all the hoops necessary to raise the price of ION?

Personally, I think it's just yet another scam coin. Let's see here. What happened again, basically:

Those people saw how it easy it was to build a premined scam coin and do the same thing

Not a lot to really figure out there, the gaming thing is just bullshit, a smokescreen, just like half  the other shit coins out there created to just make BTC out of thin air, they all "promise" something or another, but it's all just bullshit if it's another btc or peercoin or whatever clone. Coins that are different, like Monero, ETH etc etc - Now we are talking about real crypto investments, not just get-rich quick coins like this particularly stinky POS... Tongue

I sit around all the time and go well Fck, if only I didn't have a conscious, I would probably do the same thing - it's really pretty easy, it just takes some work. Or, for a few BTC, you can pay someone to build you a scamcoin too, complete with marketing, fake hero accounts etc etc, probably like Bitstone dev did... Not that I'm condoning that, just saying. I just have to laugh at all the deep thinking going on about this coin - Not putting anyone down, I just think it's funny, cuz I know it's just another stinky scam coin, and it's creators are even stinkier than most. I mean look at this ANN thread. It's basically a giant scam accusation thread now... That's fantastic! Smiley

You may be right, you may be wrong. It's a bit strange to run a (scam)project for months and let everybody gather your personal information and record all sort of stuff, snd then screw them. I know, it doesnt mean you cant be right, i just am confirming that you could not have any conscious.. while the helpfull and welcoming community (imho) suggests the opposite.

You are right that your scenario is possible, but it is not the only one. Therefore the "deep thoughts" :-)

Game vid and dev bounties should be any day now. First game release mid june. Let's go from there on making conclusions.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:52:54 PM

Not a lot to really figure out there, the gaming thing is just bullshit, a smokescreen, just like half  the other shit coins out there created to just make BTC out of thin air, they all "promise" something or another, but it's all just bullshit if it's another btc or peercoin or whatever clone. Coins that are different, like Monero, ETH etc etc - Now we are talking about real crypto investments, not just get-rich quick coins like this particularly stinky POS... Tongue

You may be right, you may be wrong. It's a bit strange to run a (scam)project for months and let everybody gather your personal information and record all sort of stuff, snd then screw them. I know, it doesnt mean you cant be right, i just am confirming that you could not have any conscious.. while the helpfull and welcoming community (imho) suggests the opposite.

You are right that your scenario is possible, but it is not the only one. Therefore the "deep thoughts" :-)

Game vid and dev bounties should be any day now. First game release mid june. Let's go from there on making conclusions.

Why do you think that's strange? Pirate did it, BFL did it, Garza did it, Cryptsy did it, Gox did it, Neo and Bee did it, many other people have started "projects" that ended up being scams. So assuming that it can't be a scam is silly, and you also need to factor in the times that it isn't intended to be a scam and just ends up being a failure, which has the same result for the investors, especially when there are so many coins that literally came from nothing floating around ready to be dumped.
rdewilde

Activity: 925

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:52:07 AM

@Phildo; those companies were about $$$ that would've actually been "worth" it ;-)

Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:19:34 AM

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:38:48 AM

Seriously how many times.......... this ain't no paycoin

Haven't you got anything better to do ??

You must have lost a shit load of money to be so butt sore

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
skinnyboy

Activity: 223

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 07:20:45 AM

Not sure if you maybe missed the point of what he's getting at.

He's pointing out that the probable future of Ion is exactly the same as another crap coin which the current Ionomy team had a hand in working with, as well as numerous other crap coins that have been created by scammers, or people who reached beyond their capabilities.

korvas128

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:23:55 AM

He's pointing out that the probable future of Ion is exactly the same as another crap coin which the current Ionomy team had a hand in working with, as well as numerous other crap coins that have been created by scammers, or people who reached beyond their capabilities.

haha based on what ? this person is one of those that under the banner of doing a public service is pushing his own little agenda.

Ionomy's first game is soon to be launched..... Is it gonna be any good............ that's gonna be subjective.

What's not subjective though is the group have spent time, money & effort on making it happen. If this were a scam then it would be the shittest scam on the planet when you consider all the effort you would need to invest to make your first million  Grin

Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:33:54 AM

Nope, not a single cent. GAW, Hashlets and Paycoin were blatantly obvious scams and I would not have touched them with a 10 foot pole.
You however seem to be a former Paycoin fan who swapped his XPY for ION and therefore has an interest in talking the new shitcoin up for selling it to newbies later. Isn't that right, korvas128, or should I say Korvax?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
skinnyboy

Activity: 223

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 08:58:24 AM

haha based on what ? this person is one of those that under the banner of doing a public service is pushing his own little agenda.

Ionomy's first game is soon to be launched..... Is it gonna be any good............ that's gonna be subjective.

What's not subjective though is the group have spent time, money & effort on making it happen. If this were a scam then it would be the shittest scam on the planet when you consider all the effort you would need to invest to make your first million  Grin

Except, based on what I've read, they've not invested their money, they've invested other peoples.  And there's no way to be sure that that money has been spent wisely.

If I was a less scrupulous person I could claim to be creating something special, get everyone else ot pay for it, put out a half assed job, just so I can say "Look I did it" then walk away with the rest of the money.  It's all about being able to claim you've made a fair and reasonable effort.

Btw, what ever happened to the whole company registration thing?  is there even a company by the name Ionomy PTE registered in Singapore yet?

korvas128

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:25:59 AM

Nope, not a single cent. GAW, Hashlets and Paycoin were blatantly obvious scams and I would not have touched them with a 10 foot pole.
You however seem to be a former Paycoin fan who swapped his XPY for ION and therefore has an interest in talking the new shitcoin up for selling it to newbies later. Isn't that right, korvas128, or should I say Korvax?

I did lose out but the loss suffered was eventually compensated by the rise and fall in BTC.  Grin

Good for you though, the red flags were obvious maybe too obvious  Undecided

I should have done the same.  If they were a startup I wouldn't have touched them but GAW at that time seemed a profitable business with a good track record seemingly being a better option than others BFL, KNC, Cointeirra, etc.

You could call me Korvax but that's not me  Grin I could call you Josh Garza but ........

altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 11:56:47 AM

Except, based on what I've read, they've not invested their money, they've invested other peoples.  And there's no way to be sure that that money has been spent wisely.

If I was a less scrupulous person I could claim to be creating something special, get everyone else ot pay for it, put out a half assed job, just so I can say "Look I did it" then walk away with the rest of the money.  It's all about being able to claim you've made a fair and reasonable effort.

Btw, what ever happened to the whole company registration thing?  is there even a company by the name Ionomy PTE registered in Singapore yet?

There's still no company registered in Singapore under Ionomy PTE. The company they are operating under is, I believe, currently called Graval PTE. I don't know whether they still intend to change it or not.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:39:58 PM

@Phildo; those companies were about $$$ that would've actually been "worth" it ;-)

What does this mean?

This company isn't about money? they didn't accept money in the ICO? They don't get money selling stakers? They don't get money selling atoms? They didn't give themselves coins that they can turn into money at any point in time? They aren't staking coins themselves that can turn into money?
pixelpowered

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 02:33:23 PM

There's still no company registered in Singapore under Ionomy PTE. The company they are operating under is, I believe, currently called Graval PTE. I don't know whether they still intend to change it or not.

Correct. The GRAVAL PTE. LTD. (201006641K) is registered and in bad standing currently.
They can change it to whatever they want, doesn't mean its operating correctly.
We use to give Josh Garza and Carmelo Milan grief over the needed money exchange licencing needed to operate.

Singapore is the same.
http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/2014/mas-to-regulate-virtual-currency-intermediaries-for-money-laundering-and-terrorist-financing-risks.aspx
"Singapore, 13 March 2014 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said today that it will regulate virtual currency intermediaries in Singapore to address potential money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks..."

http://www.mas.gov.sg/regulations-and-financial-stability/regulations-guidance-and-licensing/money-changing-and-remittance-businesses.aspx
"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

MAS supervises the money-changing and remittance licensees primarily for anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism purposes."

With the operating funds raised and the ION teams lack of information.
I'll assume they're not operating the company under the legal requirements.
Instead of waiting to here from the ION team or Adam about. I emailed MAS the inquiry since it states at the end of the page...

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at webmaster@mas.gov.sg or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin

Franz_Huber
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:57:28 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 05:29:30 PM by Franz_Huber

Correct. The GRAVAL PTE. LTD. (201006641K) is registered and in bad standing currently.
We use to give Josh Garza and Carmelo Milan grief over the needed money exchange licencing needed to operate.

Singapore is the same.
http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/2014/mas-to-regulate-virtual-currency-intermediaries-for-money-laundering-and-terrorist-financing-risks.aspx
"Singapore, 13 March 2014 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said today that it will regulate virtual currency intermediaries in Singapore to address potential money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks..."

http://www.mas.gov.sg/regulations-and-financial-stability/regulations-guidance-and-licensing/money-changing-and-remittance-businesses.aspx
"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

MAS supervises the money-changing and remittance licensees primarily for anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism purposes."

Instead of waiting to here from the ION team or Adam about. I emailed MAS the inquiry since it states at the end of the page...

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at webmaster@mas.gov.sg or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin

Stop fuddding! Ionomy is about to close deal with Apple, Google and Microsoft!! Soon their will one game per month! iPhoen, Andoid, Xbox and Coinstand!!!

Josh

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 06:14:46 PM

Singapore is the same.

"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at webmaster@mas.gov.sg or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin

This is genuinely interesting information, thanks. I suspected there may be AML law that might apply to Ionomy; seems there is. Thanks again.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 06:20:45 PM

It would seem that you're the one "butt sore" about any mention of Paycoin. You gotta learn to let it go. There aren't that many coins created by paycoiners and the previous ones didn't turn out so well (Lendcoin, Bitstone) so you can't expect everyone to just forget that and sing along with the new band.

If you must know 70% of my portfolio is BTC. The other 30% is spread across other alt coins of which ION is a chunk. Today my biggest source of income is BTC day trading as the rewards are massive when you add leverage trades. ION is not a get rich quick coin... you want short term reward then forget everything and just day trade BTC, ION is a mid to long term investment. For me investing in ION is spreading my portfolio. I've already given reasons of why ION

There was this other guy who claimed that imaginary day trading was the secret sauce to his profits... what was his name... Hashking-something-or-other... anyway, if by "spreading my portfolio" you mean diversification and not some garden activity involving manure then good luck to you and to your assets stuck in the ridiculously illiquid centralized 100% premined coin created by the inmates of the paycoiner asylum. I think giving money to charity would be a better diversification strategy than this.
kken01
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:34:50 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 07:58:21 PM by kken01

dont forget transitcoin made by few paycoin scammers  Grin

yay possibly forking incoming that contradicts the whitepaper. this is the problem with these fully centralized coins. anything can change at will!  Cool

ps:
and a good place to run this kind of thing is... you guessed right: singapore
Singapore, like most jurisdictions, does not regulate virtual currencies per se, as these are not considered as securities or legal tender.  MAS’ regulation of virtual currency intermediaries pertains specifically to the money laundering and terrorist financing risks they pose.  It does not extend to the safety and soundness of virtual currency intermediaries nor the proper functioning of virtual currency transactions. Investors in virtual currencies will not have the safeguards that investors in securities enjoy under the Securities and Futures Act and the Financial Advisers Act.

Consumers and businesses may not be able to obtain a refund of their monies should virtual currency schemes or intermediaries cease to operate.  

What consumers should know…

Consumers should be cautious when dealing with VCs given the risks highlighted above. MAS’ targeted regulatory approach is to specifically address the money laundering and terrorist financing risks posed by VCs. Consumers and businesses should take note of the broader risks that dealing in VCs entails and should exercise the necessary caution.
korvas128

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:46:40 PM

It would seem that you're the one "butt sore" about any mention of Paycoin. You gotta learn to let it go. There aren't that many coins created by paycoiners and the previous ones didn't turn out so well (Lendcoin, Bitstone) so you can't expect everyone to just forget that and sing along with the new band.

If you must know 70% of my portfolio is BTC. The other 30% is spread across other alt coins of which ION is a chunk. Today my biggest source of income is BTC day trading as the rewards are massive when you add leverage trades. ION is not a get rich quick coin... you want short term reward then forget everything and just day trade BTC, ION is a mid to long term investment. For me investing in ION is spreading my portfolio. I've already given reasons of why ION

There was this other guy who claimed that imaginary day trading was the secret sauce to his profits... what was his name... Hashking-something-or-other... anyway, if by "spreading my portfolio" you mean diversification and not some garden activity involving manure then good luck to you and to your assets stuck in the ridiculously illiquid centralized 100% premined coin created by the inmates of the paycoiner asylum. I think giving money to charity would be a better diversification strategy than this.

Suchmoon I let go a long time ago. Some people here haven't though. These people like you are using every trick in the book to paint ION with the Paycoin brush.

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .

pixelpowered

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:23:45 PM

Suchmoon I let go a long time ago. Some people here haven't though. These people like you are using every trick in the book to paint ION with the Paycoin brush.

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .

I'm assuming I'm one of these painters as well. I'm also a haxxor as well for posting blockchain tx's apparently, according to boki15  Grin
I would love to know what lies or paint have been said by SM or myself about ION or the people that we CAN see part of it?

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: