Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473059 times)
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 02:57:10 PM

Still confused with Atom and Electrons with the regular coin?

These are functions of the ionomy platform. They are platform specific resources and are not relevant to the ION blockchain (at this time at least).

If you are running QT wallet / masternodes, then the ionomy platform and it's features/functions do not necessarily have to mean anything to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:03:59 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2020, 11:46:03 PM by suchmoon

How do you know for a fact? Its not in the whitepaper its not on the site so its not common public knowledge. Can you please state how you know these facts?

its good they are mining first 2000 blocks good free credits for them or are they going to burn them? Means up to block height 2000 all addresses are theirs thats the great thing about blockchain from this they can't hide with all moves.. we'll know every little amount. But it won't be through them being transparent it'll be the blockchain showing the dirty laundry.

This was posted by huey (Matlack) on slack. Technically the first 2000 blocks should have 0 block reward hardcoded but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for that.

Edited 2020-11-28 to fix a broken image
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:13:07 PM

How do you know for a fact? Its not in the whitepaper its not on the site so its not common public knowledge. Can you please state how you know these facts?

its good they are mining first 2000 blocks good free credits for them or are they going to burn them? Means up to block height 2000 all addresses are theirs thats the great thing about blockchain from this they can't hide with all moves.. we'll know every little amount. But it won't be through them being transparent it'll be the blockchain showing the dirty laundry.

This was posted by huey (Matlack) on slack. Technically the first 2000 blocks should have 0 block reward hardcoded but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for that.

Garza said the same things and we see how that worked out... This is why everyone is demanding transparency and the arrogant ION team doesn't feel they need to provide it. I wish the ION team and their 500 investors the best of luck.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:24:32 PM

Garza said the same things and we see how that worked out... This is why everyone is demanding transparency and the arrogant ION team doesn't feel they need to provide it. I wish the ION team and their 500 investors the best of luck.

I think your are way too generous. There are 254 members on slack, which is the prerequisite for "investing", and that includes my account and probably a few others who are not investing. So 200 maybe?
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:24:48 PM

https://i.snag.gy/KZIRLO.jpg

If you can get off the "ION = Garza" train then actually, some seemingly "negative" posts actually have good questions and arguments. Some people lump all these types of posts together, but they are not the same.

There's the "ION = Garza" crew - which really I don't have any time for, and neither should anyone else.

There's the "Why should we trust ION?" crew who pretty much all have valid questions and queries. These guys are worth listening to.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 03:36:07 PM

If you can get off the "ION = Garza" train then actually, some seemingly "negative" posts actually have good questions and arguments. Some people lump all these types of posts together, but they are not the same.

There's the "ION = Garza" crew - which really I don't have any time for, and neither should anyone else.

There's the "Why should we trust ION?" crew who pretty much all have valid questions and queries. These guys are worth listening to.

Mr-Coins, welcome back buddy, can you leave your high horse outside this time?

Maybe you have time to go back to slack and tell them to act less like Garza and more like real crypto-literate people, with proof on the chain and other things you can verify?

That way there wouldn't even be that many questions. E.g. funds from the ICO go here, we're now taking 20 BTC to pay for blow and hookers development and marketing, etc. Here is where the unused staked coins go and we're totally not dumping them on Yobit. Here is why we lied about ionomy PTE and we're truly sorry about that but the new registration number is ABCDEFG.

Edit: and yeah, I mean on an actual public media, not a fucking slack that you need a login for and they are too cheap to pay for a version that keeps full history.
simdude

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:53:52 PM

Premine isn't the problem you all keep going on about that.
Ok then.

THe problem is "TRANSPARENCY" of the "PREMINE". The team makes no statements on how its used, when or any addresses to show people there is no nefarious evil plots. The make generic statements like it'll be used for game development or it'll be used for this or that.
Well untill a blockchain explorer is up you can provide addresses. The statements on what is done with the premine is in the whitepaper they released.

I'm waiting for the wallet so i can show you that its all in masternodes. The team is going to milk the masternodes at the start for the big rewards. There is noway in hell they are going to not control the majority of the masternode rewards from the start.
I know for a fact the masternodes will only be based on the coins that Cover the Stakers in the ionomy platform. Also Any coins that make a masternode that was purchased from the ICO. But i see where you are on this. I will be right with you looking to see what happens. But i am sure they are not going to be nefarious. But you never know.

Premine Allocations: https://github.com/ionomy/ion/wiki/ION-Technical-Whitepaper#initial-coin-supply

I talked with Adam. They are only mining Block one. The rest of the 1999 blocks will not be mined. They will use the pos from the premine to push the rest of the blocks threw. The reason for the 2000 blocks is to make sure the swtich between the pow/pos hybrid phase to the pure pos phase is smooth. But then again till a blockexplorer is showing whats going on what can we do?
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:18:19 PM

So are the stakers not real things?

So team ionomy will have masternodes that produce buttloads of coins, and distribute them to people that "have" stakers, when stakers are just lines in ionomy's database? I can't see how this goes wrong.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:20:36 PM

You drawing those imaginary lines in your head is why you (apparently) lost so much with mr ganza and will lose so much in the future.

There still has been no explanation as to why people stupid enough to get robbed by garza should be trusted to be competent enough to do something this complicated.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2016, 04:41:45 PM by Franz_Huber

I think your are way too generous. There are 254 members on slack, which is the prerequisite for "investing", and that includes my account and probably a few others who are not investing. So 200 maybe?
And most of these 200 "investors" are probably paycoin bagholders who just swapped their worthless XPY into ION.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 04:51:26 PM

They do/will encourage users to run their own, they will be releasing documentation after the launch to show you how to run one. Not everyone can afford to run one, so by allowing users to boost their stake rate, they can have master node type returns without the 20000 ions.

The ION wallet has a tab in it showing the Master Node you have. It is real easy to setup a Master Node if you have 20K of IONs to stick in it. You can run on a small linux vps ,wallet creates a config for you, send coin and hit start.

You can reload the ION weapon anytime with IONs purchased from Ionomy.com using the weapon's built-in WiFi or your favorite browser. Stock up on some IONs, Atoms and Electron storage today for your games, weapons and master nodes...

Be ready for Monday's launch...

There's still 42 hours till end of ICO...
TOTAL SOLD 2,678,681 / 5,000,000 IONs

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 05:05:26 PM

https://i.snag.gy/KZIRLO.jpg

You drawing those imaginary lines in your head is why you (apparently) lost so much with mr ganza and will lose so much in the future.

There still has been no explanation as to why people stupid enough to get robbed by garza should be trusted to be competent enough to do something this complicated.

It's not just in my head. Mind you, isn't everything in our heads?

Some people are able to say (seemingly) "negative" things which are actually useful to know, constructive.

Some people have nothing to say except "scam", "garza" or "xpy".

There's different value in those statements and some have no value at all.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 05:09:13 PM

Maybe you have time to go back to slack and tell them to act less like Garza and more like real crypto-literate people, with proof on the chain and other things you can verify?

That way there wouldn't even be that many questions. E.g. funds from the ICO go here, we're now taking 20 BTC to pay for blow and hookers development and marketing, etc. Here is where the unused staked coins go and we're totally not dumping them on Yobit. Here is why we lied about ionomy PTE and we're truly sorry about that but the new registration number is ABCDEFG.

Edit: and yeah, I mean on an actual public media, not a fucking slack that you need a login for and they are too cheap to pay for a version that keeps full history.

Thanks for the welcome! - had to take a little break, had a marathon to run Smiley

Those questions - Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to them all either.

Slack is far from ideal. Only 254 members out of 1,500 (?) investors. So most investors know nothing more than what is on the Ionomy website or here. It's seems a lot of questions will not be answered until they become apparent after launch.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 06:23:01 PM

It's not just in my head. Mind you, isn't everything in our heads?

Some people are able to say (seemingly) "negative" things which are actually useful to know, constructive.

Some people have nothing to say except "scam", "garza" or "xpy".

There's different value in those statements and some have no value at all.

And you will ignore them all again, and miss the fact that you are investing in a coin lead by a guy who "innocently" robbed by garza, yet still managed to work with the guy who "ran" the data center that didn't have miners or pay the electric bill, and then be shocked when we have the same result.
Rick_James

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 10:14:30 PM

Not sure about some of the questions but I believe I found the answer too the one on slack. Quote from HUEY: "yeah you will be able to see bounty addys and others on the explorer, all masternodes that are live are easy to see in wallet as well."
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 12:12:19 AM

Not sure about some of the questions but I believe I found the answer too the one on slack. Quote from HUEY: "yeah you will be able to see bounty addys and others on the explorer, all masternodes that are live are easy to see in wallet as well."

Thanks for the reply and the answer. Good to see they will post all the Masternode addresses as well as the bounty wallet. I do hope they keep the bounty coins in cold storage to minimize the risk of a hack.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 12:13:17 AM

Well, all bullshit aside  Grin

What SHOULD we see on monday?
- blockchain active
- block explorer?
- coin distribution
- fun

> block 2000
- wallet, masternodes
- source code
- platform features active, atoms, electrons
- ionomy exchange active?
- atoms market place reactivated

> later
- actual games
- dev bounties, transparent dev fund (on blockchain)
- ionomy pte
- game trailer?
- conclusive info about google play (and ios) terms/possibilities

.. more? \○/

For the sake of the coin and investors I would hope that a game is launched with the coin. After all, that's what this coin is about.

Rick_James

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:25:18 AM

Thanks for the reply and the answer. Good to see they will post all the Masternode addresses as well as the bounty wallet. I do hope they keep the bounty coins in cold storage to minimize the risk of a hack.

No problem my friend, Any relevant info that I can get, Ill be sure to share. The way I understand, the bounty coins will all be in one staker staking at the base rate. Im assuming the coins it stakes will continue to build the bounty fund up?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 01:38:30 AM

No problem my friend, Any relevant info that I can get, Ill be sure to share. The way I understand, the bounty coins will all be in one staker staking at the base rate. Im assuming the coins it stakes will continue to build the bounty fund up?

So that's a "no" to cold storage? Unless they invented offline staking.
Rick_James

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:57:55 AM

So that's a "no" to cold storage? Unless they invented offline staking.

Im assuming thats a no as you said there is no POS coin with offline staking. The first bounty post launch may have something to do with that? To insure that the coins are secure. I agree a large amount of coins like that should be absolutly secure.

From the whitepaper:Bounty example #1: Time delayed transactions with safe address*

The problem: Cold wallets — storage addresses with completely privately generated keys holding coins that are never online — provide the best known security in cryptocurrency. Users can print a private key on paper wallet that can be stored in a safe location. The optimal network, however, depends upon widespread participation by users holding ION in online wallets. Consider this scenario: If user Jane had a connected wallet (or masternode) at work and she leaves it running at night, then Dick, an employee in the IT department, could hack into her computer and send all her coins to his own address. Jane would have no remedy.

The bounty: Create a safe address system with delayed transactions to protect the ION owner even if the private key security is compromised. The developer will create an on-chain parameter that sets a variable delay in any send action for a given address, and points the wallet contents to a designated failover address if triggered. Now if Jane sets the time delay parameter to 10,000 blocks, then when Dick hacks her wallet, Jane still has a week to trigger the failsafe. If she does not trigger the failsafe, Dick gets her coins. But if she catches the attack in time, she can simply send a signal which diverts the coins to her cold wallet address. From there she can delete the compromised keys, and start fresh with new security measures, access her safe wallet and start staking again. The developer who wins the bounty will provide ION users with a whole new level of security: a "warm" wallet which strikes a balance between the safety of a cold wallet and the utility of a hot wallet. The “stake safe” system will optimize speed and security for the network and reward opportunities for the individual.

*This bounty example is a simplification for illustrative purposes. Actual bounties, posted on github, will fully detail specific requirements and parameters.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: