Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 [789] 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:13:31 PM

I consider textcoin the new method ... and people are using it already if you haven't noticed. Even Michail1 has to admit that he is distributing Bytes for free Smiley

I don't give anything away for free. Smiley

That said....
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?general-current-vacant-online-swim-dirt-juice-future-tip-nice-ten-cruise

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:37:27 PM

Why doesn't Byteball dev team airdrop based on other coins like Litecoin or Monero. If the idea is to distribute as wide as possible, do you think this is a wiser move?

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:27:38 PM

Let me butt in here to say that in some cases users might not have a choice in running a light wallet.
I personally had an app installed in full mode which had bytes and blackbytes on it, I didn't run it for months. When I launched it to sync, it synced well up to some point but then it was just almost stuck (on an HDD). What I did was make a full backup, copy it to a computer with an SSD and restore from it. Needless to say that using a light wallet wouldn't have solved the problem ...

Welcome to butt in.  Everyone has a choice at running a light wallet or full node.
You chose to run a full node (not the default).
Needless to say.... running a light wallet WOULD have solved the problem.Smiley

It wouldn't have Smiley. I'm not talking about a fresh install, I'm talking about a case where a full wallet contains blackbytes. There are two ways to regain control over the blackbytes, either sync the current full wallet up or restore in another full wallet that will sync up faster (SSD).

A full backup of a light wallet does in fact keep youis fr bytes and blackbytes with a full restore.  It takes about 15 seconds to sync.  No matter how far back in history.

Of course it does, nobody's arguing about that Smiley. Again the case I'm exposing is if one already had blackbytes in a full wallet, the only way out, is to sync up a full wallet.

Again, a light wallet is fast and stores (and restores) bytes/blackbytes via a full backup/full restore.

Again, nobody's arguing about that and again you are missing the point by talking about something that is irrelevant to the case of a full wallet with blackbytes in it (I know I'm repeating myself but it seems necessary).

Resolution:
I do understand that since you have a full wallet and you will need to sync.

Yay! Finally Smiley.

You can resolve the problem for the future by starting up another wallet and move your funds to it.  This way, you will not have the sync issue in the future.

Yes. Having said that, once the full wallet is running on an SSD it syncs up fast and there is no more syncing issue.

The whole point of my comment was actually to say that answering people who complain about syncing speed, "use a light wallet" is not helpful ... Yes "use a light wallet" in case you are fresh-installing or in case you only have bytes on your slow-syncing full wallet (cuz they can be restored through the seed), but if you have blackbytes on a slow-syncing full wallet and you want to regain control over them, well you are stuck until your full wallet syncs up or another fast-syncing (running on an SSD) full wallet where you restored from your full backup syncs up.

7BEN7

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:21:09 PM

Hi guys,

The total number of bytes is 1015, all bytes were issued in the genesis transaction. Since the fees paid are returned into the circulation, the money supply will remain the same.

Exchanges list the currency as gigabytes (GB, GBYTE), 1 gigabyte is 1 billion bytes.  The total money supply in gigabytes is 1,000,000.

I look at coinmarketcap and see:

Code:
Circulating Supply
645,222 GBYTE

Total Supply
1,000,000 GBYTE

What is that mean? Is BYTEBALL still supplying coins?

It means that not all the coins are in circulation. They are stored in a wallet or are not even mined yet. You need to do some research on crypto  Smiley
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:46:57 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 12:53:46 AM by Malek17

for Bitcoin Hodlers 2 more bitcoin forks at block 498888 Super Bitcoin and Bitcoinx,keep watching the price you may have some money out there and you don't know it(Bitcore,Bitcoin cash,Bitcoin Gold,Bitcoin Diamond and now Super Bitcoin and Bitcoinx) you can dump the forked coins and buy Byte ball or do what ever you like
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:59:01 AM

Let me butt in here to say that in some cases users might not have a choice in running a light wallet.
I personally had an app installed in full mode which had bytes and blackbytes on it, I didn't run it for months. When I launched it to sync, it synced well up to some point but then it was just almost stuck (on an HDD). What I did was make a full backup, copy it to a computer with an SSD and restore from it. Needless to say that using a light wallet wouldn't have solved the problem ...

Welcome to butt in.  Everyone has a choice at running a light wallet or full node.
You chose to run a full node (not the default).
Needless to say.... running a light wallet WOULD have solved the problem.Smiley

It wouldn't have Smiley. I'm not talking about a fresh install, I'm talking about a case where a full wallet contains blackbytes. There are two ways to regain control over the blackbytes, either sync the current full wallet up or restore in another full wallet that will sync up faster (SSD).

A full backup of a light wallet does in fact keep youis fr bytes and blackbytes with a full restore.  It takes about 15 seconds to sync.  No matter how far back in history.

Of course it does, nobody's arguing about that Smiley. Again the case I'm exposing is if one already had blackbytes in a full wallet, the only way out, is to sync up a full wallet.

Again, a light wallet is fast and stores (and restores) bytes/blackbytes via a full backup/full restore.

Again, nobody's arguing about that and again you are missing the point by talking about something that is irrelevant to the case of a full wallet with blackbytes in it (I know I'm repeating myself but it seems necessary).

Resolution:
I do understand that since you have a full wallet and you will need to sync.

Yay! Finally Smiley.

You can resolve the problem for the future by starting up another wallet and move your funds to it.  This way, you will not have the sync issue in the future.

Yes. Having said that, once the full wallet is running on an SSD it syncs up fast and there is no more syncing issue.

The whole point of my comment was actually to say that answering people who complain about syncing speed, "use a light wallet" is not helpful ... Yes "use a light wallet" in case you are fresh-installing or in case you only have bytes on your slow-syncing full wallet (cuz they can be restored through the seed), but if you have blackbytes on a slow-syncing full wallet and you want to regain control over them, well you are stuck until your full wallet syncs up or another fast-syncing (running on an SSD) full wallet where you restored from your full backup syncs up.

Using a light wallet would have solved the problem as you never would have had the problem.  It was a choice made to go against the defaults.
It's the same argument people have for using Bitcoin Core wallet. - slow, SSD, takes lots of space, etc.

So, we agree that full node is slow.  Must have a modern computer for speed.

There are other methods to restoring to a light wallet as I have done it before for several people and never charged anyone.

I think, and believe you would agree, that it would be awesome if there was a tool to convert a full node wallet to light wallet.

------------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?glove-crime-mystery-yellow-mean-globe-ensure-note-raw-hunt-lab-luggage

oranges411

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:16:46 AM

Good news:
cryptopia is fixing their byteball problem

Grin
sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:35:44 AM

Good news:
cryptopia is fixing their byteball problem

Grin
Is there a source on this?

ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:14:37 AM

Since you're dumping, we don't have to see you complaining/bitching anymore?

"I am not complaining." -- That's exactly what you're doing.  Your entire post (and prior post) are complaints about the specific byteball bot and Bitcoin.
Facts are straight and you don't have to CPFP if you don't want to; however it was a possible resolution.  That fee method is not a bug in the bot.  It was simply to keep the fees down.  Had the bot charged a larger fee, you would be complaining that the fee is too high.  It goes back to the point that if there is something to complain about, a person will.

So, if you don't like bitcoin fees or speed, then maybe you should use something else; i.e. Byteball.

You don't decide if I want to keep or dump my Gbyte.Don't bash people if they don't want to hold Gbyte.Yes I am only here for free airdrop and I ain't complaining and yes it's the bug in that bot.Don't assume if I would be complaining if bot send the btc with high fees -_-
It's that bot fault and nothing to do with my liking of 'bitcoin fees' as general.Exhanges like bittrex rarely send bitcoin with low fees.Instead of arguing with me that I am complaining you should accept that it's the bug in that bot.No one wants to buy Bitcoin from that bot if they have to wait days for the tx to get confirmation.It should have an option to choose the fees and one who wants low fee and want to wait can select that and one who wants faster confirms can select high fees.That's a valid suggestion and not a complain -_-
Perhaps you should change your dictionary instead of bashing people on their opinions. Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:57:10 AM

Greetings fellow Byteball fans,

I'm quite new to crypto, but after much research I've come to the conclusion that this is the project I'm investing in. After much reading, I've come to love the community and the infrastructure that is growing to support this "best of breed" technology. Congratulations to Tony and to all of the talented people that have worked so hard to get things to where they are.

Don't be discouraged by the current price, crypto is a monumental paradigm shift and we are still in the very early stages with a long way to go. I believe that most of us who are invested in Byteball now, understand that it is something special and we are in it for the long term.

The past distribution efforts (which sadly, I was completely unaware of) were an honest and noble effort to do the right things, and thankfully Tony was wise enough to stage it in a way that significant funds remain so that adjustments can still be made from knowledge gained.

My thoughts are that a significant portion of the remaining bytes should be allocated to attracting the best talent to help with all that needs to be done, and allocated to a variety of marketing efforts, including more exchange listings and explaining just how awesome Byteball is for users, merchants and investors (much, much more can be made of Blackbytes). There is so much going on - it needs to be explained in an easy to digest, organized and coordinated fashion, with high quality video tutorials and outreach campaigns. Perhaps it will turn out to be a good thing that the technology be at an advanced stage before making a big splash.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned before, but perhaps another complimentary method of distribution could be to find a way to give new users some free bytes when they download a wallet...

I'm also quite surprised at how the name "Byteball" has grown on me in spite of some initial misgivings - I also like the simplicity of "Byteball" over "Byteball Bytes" as displayed on coinmarketcap.com, Cryptopia and elsewhere. I believe the name Byteball can grow to be a highly trusted and recognized brand. The technology is simply outstanding.

Moving on, I'm hoping someone can help me with a wallet issue:

In my eagerness to get started, I initially made the mistake of choosing the full wallet for my Windows 7 Pro laptop, but as I later learned, this is not a good idea with a typical hard drive. For obvious reasons I'd like to revert to the light "default" version.

However, no matter how many times I try to reinstall the wallet on my laptop (after deleting %LOCALAPPDATA%\byteball and C:\Users\-----\AppData\byteball , as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\Byteball and/or using the Windows uninstall function), I cannot get the light wallet to work. But if after a reinstall, if I choose the full wallet option, it does at least startup and begin the syncing process, although I'm not sure it will ever finish...

(NOTE: I have since successfully installed the light wallet on a Windows 7 home desktop unit but due to Cryptopia withdrawal issues, I've not yet had the pleasure of spending / transferring some bytes or experimenting with the wallet features.)

Here's how it goes:
Initially, after a reinstall and choosing the light wallet option, I get this message: Uncaught exception: Error: failed to write conf.json: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Byteball\undefined\byteball\conf.json'

After restarting the wallet, it shows"Uncaught exception: Error: Failed to switch to light, please restart the app". When restarted, I'm shown the same message again every time.

I cannot find any information about this error message anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. First time using a forum like this - please excuse me if I mess something up - I'll get better with a little practice.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:57:31 AM

It seems you’ve done everything right so far to create a new wallet from scratch.
But the error messages give a hint that you weren’t successful to delete all files. Maybe you still had the wallet running (check taskmanager) while you were deleting and some files were still locked by the app? Or you are running different user accounts and the one who created the wallet first isn’t the one you’re using now (an access rights problem). After deleting %localappdata%/byteball, please restart the machine and have a look if the folder is really gone.

And thanks for the kind words!   Smiley

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
jianxinss

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:04:32 AM

In this round of bull market, byteball has no force, it is still Xu Li, because almost all the coins have a new high point
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:10:33 AM

Greetings fellow Byteball fans,

[...]

P.S. First time using a forum like this - please excuse me if I mess something up - I'll get better with a little practice.

There have been worse first posts  Roll Eyes

Welcome to the club and great to hear that you share the idea that Byteball can go places.... long term.

On Cryptopia: their GBYTE wallet is marked in ‘maintenance’ right now. The little info balloon show something that they are looking into transaction issues/confirmations. I take that as them working on the encountered withdrawal issue.

Birkensekt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:29:10 AM

In this round of bull market, byteball has no force, it is still Xu Li, because almost all the coins have a new high point

Conratulations

New All-Time-High Marketcap!!!

Here is your link to receive 1 MB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?material-pilot-answer-feature-grass-nurse-zebra-tired-nice-control-frequent-pyramid
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:30:36 AM

Blackbytes Escrow Exchange Bot (BEEB) is offering you 1,000,000 Bytes!

Buy and sale BlackBytes on BEEB - More info on http://beeb-bot.com

Here is your link to receive 1,000,000 Bytes: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?lunar-place-mad-session-give-hunt-recipe-gesture-same-butter-hammer-drip

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:48:45 AM

Since you're dumping, we don't have to see you complaining/bitching anymore?

"I am not complaining." -- That's exactly what you're doing.  Your entire post (and prior post) are complaints about the specific byteball bot and Bitcoin.
Facts are straight and you don't have to CPFP if you don't want to; however it was a possible resolution.  That fee method is not a bug in the bot.  It was simply to keep the fees down.  Had the bot charged a larger fee, you would be complaining that the fee is too high.  It goes back to the point that if there is something to complain about, a person will.

So, if you don't like bitcoin fees or speed, then maybe you should use something else; i.e. Byteball.

You don't decide if I want to keep or dump my Gbyte.Don't bash people if they don't want to hold Gbyte.Yes I am only here for free airdrop and I ain't complaining and yes it's the bug in that bot.Don't assume if I would be complaining if bot send the btc with high fees -_-
It's that bot fault and nothing to do with my liking of 'bitcoin fees' as general.Exhanges like bittrex rarely send bitcoin with low fees.Instead of arguing with me that I am complaining you should accept that it's the bug in that bot.No one wants to buy Bitcoin from that bot if they have to wait days for the tx to get confirmation.It should have an option to choose the fees and one who wants low fee and want to wait can select that and one who wants faster confirms can select high fees.That's a valid suggestion and not a complain -_-
Perhaps you should change your dictionary instead of bashing people on their opinions. Smiley

I didn't decide you will dump your bytes.  You did.
I get to bash if I want to.  
It's not a bug.  It's simply not a feature that you want.
I didn't assume anything.  You're simply complaining you don't get your free money faster.
You get to blame the bot if you want.  Quite simply, you proved that if there is something to complain about, you will (even it's it's just not getting your free money as fast as you want it).
Complaining about the bot will net you a less postive outcome than simply suggesting the bot have such an option.
You didn't make a suggestion, you complained and called it a bug.

Since you admitted to being here only for the free airdrops and dumping, does that mean I don't have to put up with you again until March?

---------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?useless-wheel-excuse-feel-hole-leader-sustain-tower-wrap-negative-element-object

StandingTall

Activity: 81
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:58:11 AM

Tony,

can you please add new strings to crowdin.com so we can add translations?

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:16:22 AM

It seems you’ve done everything right so far to create a new wallet from scratch.
But the error messages give a hint that you weren’t successful to delete all files. Maybe you still had the wallet running (check taskmanager) while you were deleting and some files were still locked by the app? Or you are running different user accounts and the one who created the wallet first isn’t the one you’re using now (an access rights problem). After deleting %localappdata%/byteball, please restart the machine and have a look if the folder is really gone.

I appreciate your quick response CryptKeeper.

I did as you suggested, but same result.

Before wallet installation, I checked the following folders to make sure they were clear of any byteball stuff:
C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Windows\System32\%LOCALAPPDATA%

After installation I checked again:
C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\byteball
C:\Windows\System32\%LOCALAPPDATA% <-nothing appears here even after installation, which leads me to believe I must have the location wrong (it's the only place I could find it).

Is a different location possible for %LOCALAPPDATA%\byteball ? Please give me the exact path as I'm fairly new to all this. Thanks again.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 08:44:24 AM

I appreciate your quick response CryptKeeper.

I did as you suggested, but same result.

Before wallet installation, I checked the following folders to make sure they were clear of any byteball stuff:
C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\
C:\Windows\System32\%LOCALAPPDATA%

After installation I checked again:
C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\byteball
C:\Windows\System32\%LOCALAPPDATA% <-nothing appears here even after installation, which leads me to believe I must have the location wrong (it's the only place I could find it).

Is a different location possible for %LOCALAPPDATA%\byteball ? Please give me the exact path as I'm fairly new to all this. Thanks again.

The folder name is byteball in %localappdata%

So, mine is (for example):
C:\Users\Michail\AppData\Local\byteball

Simply rename the folder to byteball-old

sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:46:45 AM

Conratulations

New All-Time-High Marketcap!!!

Here is your link to receive 1 MB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?material-pilot-answer-feature-grass-nurse-zebra-tired-nice-control-frequent-pyramid
Strange, seems like a whale is pump/dumping?

Pages: « 1 ... 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 [789] 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: