Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233959 times)
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:23:16 AM

do not Pump byteball too hard..we are still at early age.

running farm worldwide
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunchunlei

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:52:52 AM

Don't light wallet cannot receive blackbyteball?I am light wallet byteball how to receive byteball, this is I use before April 12th byteball address TBXDQ7QBVGLJVTLKHY7AZH5RUTGBWLMH because cannot receive blackbyteball now I use the signature style to use the new address QHWTSUTXBPZXGTCSKAS3PMIYB5NJD24M 27G, light wallet how to receive blackbyteball.Because light wallet not synchronized into a full wallet
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 09:55:43 AM

do not Pump byteball too hard..we are still at early age.

who do you think "pumps" it now ? these are long term holders who want to get in before it reaches parity with btc.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:11:16 AM

The value of Bytes is simply unbelievable
 Cool
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 10:14:53 AM

This hasn't even pumped yet, market cap is relatively small. Technology is good.
People are slowly realising the potential of byteball. Also they are buying for the next distributions.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:05:02 AM

it was a huge amount more than all the other rounds. maybe 7gb per 1 btc or something.

A quick look at my history, it was about 1.5GB per BTC or something close to that.

I also bought some BB but that didn't get accounted for until the next air drop, so maybe the numbers aren't exact.

Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:20:35 AM

I hope it doesn't pump either, it would be bad for image.  If 1GB is sold at a high price but it is standing on fresh air and nothing supporting it, it will get a bad reputation as P and D.  Gentle growth as use cases come along would make it much more solid.

One more reason why I think another 1% should be put aside for would be developers.  It would be in all our interests.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:35:22 AM

i still was not able to create a smart contract. i just don't get after reading this: https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-episode-iii-prediction-markets-f40d49c0abab

is there an how to for dummies?
First you need to find somebody (a person)  to be a party (peer) to your contract. Than you need to pair your device inside wallet with that other person and you can offer a contract via chat. When your peer accepts your contract offer - BOOM! It's done - peer-to-peer contract.

thank you very much. i will try it. have a nice weekend.
davidoski

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:34:57 PM

I hope it doesn't pump either, it would be bad for image.  If 1GB is sold at a high price but it is standing on fresh air and nothing supporting it, it will get a bad reputation as P and D.  Gentle growth as use cases come along would make it much more solid.

One more reason why I think another 1% should be put aside for would be developers.  It would be in all our interests.

Let's not forget that 1GB is a huge measure unit.

1 GB is 1/millionth part of (eventual) total coin supply
1 BTC is 1/16millionth part of (current) total coin supply

Therefore 1GB is like 16 bitcoins in terms of total coin supply share.

If byteball achieved parity with BTC with regard to market cap, 1GB would be worth 16 BTC.

... and you can buy one now for 0,16 BTC with a guaranteed 10% free airdrop on a monthly basis...

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 12:39:27 PM

i still was not able to create a smart contract. i just don't get after reading this: https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-episode-iii-prediction-markets-f40d49c0abab

First you need to find somebody (a person)  to be a party (peer) to your contract. Than you need to pair your device inside wallet with that other person and you can offer a contract via chat. When your peer accepts your contract offer - BOOM! It's done - peer-to-peer contract.

Yeah, and this brings usefulness of these "smart" contracts pretty much close to zero. I can't imagine anybody in good mind going to slack to search for a peer when he wants to buy air ticket insurance. Insurance is a deal between many peers. Those policy holders who are not affected by insured event pay to those who are affected. Normally, insurance company connects them all together. If somebody implements insurance without a middleman, this will be cool, but this two-side betting in chat bot is never going to work.

davidoski

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:47:39 PM

Yeah, and this brings usefulness of these "smart" contracts pretty much close to zero. I can't imagine anybody in good mind going to slack to search for a peer when he wants to buy air ticket insurance. Insurance is a deal between many peers. Those policy holders who are not affected by insured event pay to those who are affected. Normally, insurance company connects them all together. If somebody implements insurance without a middleman, this will be cool, but this two-side betting in chat bot is never going to work.

This can be easily overcome with a simple website where ppl can place their offers (both providing insurance and seeking insurance) - once you see a suitible offer you just pair via wallet and finalize contract. Pretty simple.

You don't go to slack to sell your used phone. You go to ebay and submit an offer. The same applies to finding a counterparty to a peer to peer contract. Of course the website will be different but the idea is the same.

pumz

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

counting days for next distribution as there are 11 more to go. At current prices it is getting harder to buy more bitcoins to hold to be eligible to receive. This time I will manage to get some. We are approaching the due date and my excitement is climbing up.
yvv
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 12:57:43 PM

This can be easily overcome with a simple website where ppl can place their offers (both providing insurance and seeking insurance) - once you see a suitible offer you just pair via wallet and finalize contract. Pretty simple.

You don't go to slack to sell your used phone. You go to ebay and submit an offer. The same applies to finding a counterparty to a peer to peer contract.

A trade is indeed a deal between two parties, but insurance is not. Insurance is a group contract. It works completely differently than a trade. Those who are not affected by insured event pay to those who are affected. Same with prediction markets, it is a group betting between many peers. If everybody is right or everybody is wrong, nobody wins, but if you bet against the crowd when the crowd is wrong, you win a lot.

davidoski

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:00:17 PM

First you need to find somebody (a person)  to be a party (peer) to your contract. Than you need to pair your device inside wallet with that other person and you can offer a contract via chat. When your peer accepts your contract offer - BOOM! It's done - peer-to-peer contract.

You don't go to slack to sell your used phone. You go to ebay and submit an offer. The same applies to finding a counterparty to a peer to peer contract.

A trade is indeed a deal between two parties, but insurance is not. Insurance is a group contract. It works completely differently than a trade. Those who are not affected by insured event pay to those who are affected. Same with prediction markets, it is a group betting between many peers. If everybody is right or everybody is wrong, nobody wins, but if you bet against the crowd when the crowd is wrong, you win a lot.

You must be kidding.

yvv
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 01:04:28 PM

You must be kidding.

No, I am serious. This chat bot betting is not going to work, because it is wrong.

Tell me, how many bets were made up to now?

davidoski

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:08:16 PM

First you need to find somebody (a person)  to be a party (peer) to your contract. Than you need to pair your device inside wallet with that other person and you can offer a contract via chat. When your peer accepts your contract offer - BOOM! It's done - peer-to-peer contract.

You must be kidding.

No, I am serious. This chat bot betting is not going to work, because it is wrong.

Tell me, how many bets were made up to now.
It doesn't matter. How many emails were sent in 1988?

memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:11:41 PM

Byteball getting more value but from my point of view this is just beginning soon we will be on poloniex because this technology is totally new and it deserve moon. Waiting for next distribution my coins are ready into my wallet hope this time will get more value.
yvv
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 01:18:47 PM

You must be kidding.

Tell me, how many bets were made up to now.
It doesn't matter.

Yeah, right. If the point of byteball is to create things which don't matter, have fun.

How many emails were sent in 1988?

In contrast to many other things, email does matter. This is because it is done the right way.

yutyuf8687696

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:35:01 PM

Q:Is 1btc the minimum you need for a full moon drop?
GER_Nexus

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 01:43:04 PM

Q:Is 1btc the minimum you need for a full moon drop?

No, I don't think so.
There isn't a minimum as far as I know.
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: