Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233992 times)
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:49:55 PM

3. JoJo Savard - a Canadian television psychic

Ugghh, would not really advertise this, psychics are true scum, scamming people face to face for a living..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocratic

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:42:39 PM

Those italians at Osteria Trullo really believe in Byteball.
Because byteball is really good for such business. Confirmations are extra fast with no pain about block time or insufficient fee.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:56:23 PM

I've heard you can link wallets on different devices, where would I find more information about that?
solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:20:59 PM

Bytcoin is an exciting project to me, minus some of the distribution concerns, but i'm a crytpo nerd, i eat this stuff for breakfast.

Can anyone explain to me why someone who doesn't use cryptocurrencies would start using byteball over the far more established projects out there?  The chat format is nice, but a chat program isn't really a draw without the network effect already in place. Who wants to convince their friends to use a new chat program.

Maybe bytecoin should team up with signal, an encrypted chat project which is open source. A kind of partnership with an established network if there could be a way to fuse the two could be a game changer.

? Byteball is the only DAG crypto aimed solely at payments.  It's in it's own lane and doesn't have to compete with anyone.  It just needs better marketing as most people do not even know it exists.

Byteball doesn't need to partner with any chat project imo.  You can already send encrypted messages with your payments I think.  With a few tweaks, Byteball will have it's own capabilities in the future for messaging.  I'm sure Tony already has this in the works.

The only things  hindering Byteball as of now is the dumping from the whales due to initial distribution, and the lack of marketing.  These problems will be fixed or dampered as we move towards the end of the airdrop.

I mean being a DAG crypto is interesting, and has it's efficiencies but a closed system currency needs the network effect to be useful at all.  What is going to bring the network effect to Byteball? So far it's been the airdrop + the tech is new.   I buy real things with bitcoin, i pay real people real money with ethereum. Those are useful to others though for a variety of reasons that byteball is lacking.  Not any different than any other minor alt coin... but if it's going to beat the rest, it is going to need more than just a different network structure.  The bots are cool, seems like that is a place for major growth. I was just suggesting that to partner with a system outside of crypto that shares open source attitudes that would bring utility to both could be really cool, and really expand what is possible.  No reason to reinvent the wheel for every feature.
mkomi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:25:06 PM

One month passes after remittance to Wallet.

I seem to be saving money, but the synchronization does not end.

What is going on with this Wallet?

I am in trouble because I do not know the solution.
mtraveller

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:45:37 PM

One month passes after remittance to Wallet.

I seem to be saving money, but the synchronization does not end.

What is going on with this Wallet?

I am in trouble because I do not know the solution.

Read this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg22224420#msg22224420

and this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg22225795#msg22225795

That should fix your problem.
Malek17

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:38:10 AM

Wouldn't it be an idea to have an option in the wallet that upon a payment out, the 'change address' is the original Byteball address that is used for linking in the airdrops? That would avoid people missing airdrops without their knowledge and would make it easier for people to use Byteball more for small transactions, without running into trouble with future airdrops.

Coins like DeepOnion offer this functionality in the wallet software.

This feature was merged in our github a day ago and will be available in the next release.  It will enable what you say, and a few other interesting things.

oh oooh, sounds good !

Could you say more about the few other interesting things ?

You'll know when we release.

Tonych is there a possibility to include an option in the wallet for people to donate say 0.5-1% from their airdrop to the community fund so more Devs can be hired to develop different useful projects for Byteball as psychologically if the option is included in the wallet and selected by default i guess the majority of the airdrop receivers wouldn't mind donating 0.5 to 1% from their airdrop to the community fund to help Byteball grow healthy
gates

Activity: 167

Revolutionising KYC Services

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:43:58 AM

I respect Tonych as a great developer but what about marketing and business development? I don't believe this cashback strategy will lead byteball to the great future.
I guess only bots and protocol improvements as a core byteball features could bring ICOs and big investors.

What are your thoughts guys?

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:33:17 AM

I think it would be cool if there were an airdrop to other alts to spark interest (one time)

Maybe Bitshares, LSK, other ones with public chains.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:03:28 AM

Meet 4 new merchants in our cashback program:

1. Osteria il Trullo restaurant in Milan.  The restaurant accepts Bitcoin since 2014 and recently started accepting Bytes.

2. Dr. Terence Lee (Fertility Care of Orange County).  Dr. Lee is a long time cryptocurrency enthusiast and is famous for the first Bitcoin baby http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/10/technology/innovation/bitcoin-baby/index.html

3. JoJo Savard - a Canadian television psychic

4. BTC Germany - a fast growing cryptocurrency blog
Awesome news, I am glad that Byteball is moving forward.
solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:53:15 AM

I think it would be cool if there were an airdrop to other alts to spark interest (one time)

I think this is a good idea. Biggest mistake is to limit airdrop to one network. If the point of the airdrop is to spread awareness and create a well spread distribution, many networks is the way to go!
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:15:12 AM

I disagree. There has been plenty of time to get onboard and I totally feel now it's the right time to reward Byteball users/merchants/holders only. I don't see good reasons to implement what you suggest.
We need more trading volume for Byteball only to attract new speculators (yes, they are good tools to get a coin reach its potential).
my two cents though
Rutdam

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:35:34 AM

Wouldn't it be an idea to have an option in the wallet that upon a payment out, the 'change address' is the original Byteball address that is used for linking in the airdrops? That would avoid people missing airdrops without their knowledge and would make it easier for people to use Byteball more for small transactions, without running into trouble with future airdrops.

Coins like DeepOnion offer this functionality in the wallet software.

This feature was merged in our github a day ago and will be available in the next release.  It will enable what you say, and a few other interesting things.

oh oooh, sounds good !

Could you say more about the few other interesting things ?

You'll know when we release.

Tonych is there a possibility to include an option in the wallet for people to donate say 0.5-1% from their airdrop to the community fund so more Devs can be hired to develop different useful projects for Byteball as psychologically if the option is included in the wallet and selected by default i guess the majority of the airdrop receivers wouldn't mind donating 0.5 to 1% from their airdrop to the community fund to help Byteball grow healthy

I think it is a good idea. Some people wish to donate individually.
Seeder

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:45:00 AM

- Cooperation with the Open Bazaar (https://www.openbazaar.org) developers. Payment options directly in bytes or black bytes.

- Create an adaptation of bisq (https://bisq.network) which allows you to exchange FIAT directly for bytes and/or blackbytes.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████    ████████    ████████   ██
███████      ██████      ██████    ███
██████        ████        ████    ████
█████    ██    ██    ██    ██    █████
████    ████        ████        ██████
██    ██████      ██████      ██████
██   ████████    ████████    ███████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████▄                 ▄███████████▄
█  ▄  ▄  █                 █  ▄  ▄  ▄  █
█  ▀  ▀  █                 █  ▀  ▀  ▀  █
▀████▄ ██▀                 ▀██ ▄███████▀
    ▀███                     ███▀
         █████████████████▄
         █▄▄▄             ▀█
          █▄               █
           ▀█              █
            █  ▄▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▄  █
      ▄██   █  ▀▄▄▀  ▀▄▄▀  █    ██▄
 ▄████▀ ██▄ █              █  ▄██ ▀████▄
 █  ▄  ▄  █ █              █  █  ▄  ▄  █
 █  ▀  ▀  █ ▀█       ▄▄▀  █▀  █  ▀  ▀  █
 ▀████████▀  ▀█▄        ▄█▀   ▀████████▀
               ▀████████▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█▀▀            ▀█▀▀█▀            ▀▀█▄
▄█                ▄▀▀▄                █▄
█                ▄▀  ▀▄                █

█                     
█                     
█████████  ██████████████ 
█       █  █            █ 
███████████████  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█             █            █ 
█  █████████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
██████████████        █            █ 
█            ███████  █  █  ▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █        █            █ 
█            ███████████████▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █             █       █ 
█            █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █▐▌  █  █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█  █  ▐▌  █  █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    ████    █  ▐▌  █  ▐▌  █       █ 
█    █  █    █             █       █ 
████████████████████████████████████████

[ Whitepaper ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Twitter ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ LinkedIn ]

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:32:02 AM

I've heard you can link wallets on different devices, where would I find more information about that?
You're looking for multisig, it's right inside your wallet:
-click the menu-button (top left)
-ADD WALLET
-MULTIDEVICE WALLET
From there, choose the options you want to use.

Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:50:23 AM

The byteball price is really good now, congratulations.

this coin is also a early airdrop coin.

Yeah. Byteball is my favorite airdrop-coin. I just don't understand why the price is still down-trending... I wonder how bright will the future be.

Crypto_Jay_99

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:08:57 AM

Good idea. I think currently 2% of the GBYTE is reserved for devs, which is really low compared to other projects. Maybe this could be increased to 5% (still relatively low but gives some wiggle room).

The idea of the Buybacks is good, but it's not gonna make a big change imo unless you have a big partner (like OmiseGo did with McDonalds).
Personally, I'd focus more on getting a couple of big companies involved.

I also think the Tech aspect is underplayed. Maybe you could team up with some big companies, like Accenture... Like Waves has done with Deloitte.
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:09:46 AM

I cannot understand why are blackbytes so cheap. ZEC, XMR are flying.
At the end of airdrops their price must skyrocket (at least i'm betting on it)

Blackbytes are not on any exchange and might never be.
That's due to their nature. They can't appear on any explorer or anything, like regular cryptos so you can't know what addresses hold them.
If they are not easy to trade, I wouldn't expect them to rise in value.

Check http://www.beeb-bot.com
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:27:25 AM

Bytcoin is an exciting project to me, minus some of the distribution concerns, but i'm a crytpo nerd, i eat this stuff for breakfast.

Can anyone explain to me why someone who doesn't use cryptocurrencies would start using byteball over the far more established projects out there?  The chat format is nice, but a chat program isn't really a draw without the network effect already in place. Who wants to convince their friends to use a new chat program.

Maybe bytecoin should team up with signal, an encrypted chat project which is open source. A kind of partnership with an established network if there could be a way to fuse the two could be a game changer.

? Byteball is the only DAG crypto aimed solely at payments.  It's in it's own lane and doesn't have to compete with anyone.  It just needs better marketing as most people do not even know it exists.

Byteball doesn't need to partner with any chat project imo.  You can already send encrypted messages with your payments I think.  With a few tweaks, Byteball will have it's own capabilities in the future for messaging.  I'm sure Tony already has this in the works.

The only things  hindering Byteball as of now is the dumping from the whales due to initial distribution, and the lack of marketing.  These problems will be fixed or dampered as we move towards the end of the airdrop.

I mean being a DAG crypto is interesting, and has it's efficiencies but a closed system currency needs the network effect to be useful at all.  What is going to bring the network effect to Byteball? So far it's been the airdrop + the tech is new.   I buy real things with bitcoin, i pay real people real money with ethereum. Those are useful to others though for a variety of reasons that byteball is lacking.  Not any different than any other minor alt coin... but if it's going to beat the rest, it is going to need more than just a different network structure.  The bots are cool, seems like that is a place for major growth. I was just suggesting that to partner with a system outside of crypto that shares open source attitudes that would bring utility to both could be really cool, and really expand what is possible.  No reason to reinvent the wheel for every feature.

Byteball with DAG mechanics should have a better scalability than Bitcoin if network expands. Wallets are more user friendly and a higher supply doesn't force people to have prices of little things expressed in 0.0001 BTCs which if you think at is ridiculous...
romec1701

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:09:55 PM

Hi, I realise that the next distribution is not planned until November but I have recently moved my BTC to a Nano S and was looking to relink my ByteBall wallet to this new address.
When I chatted to the transition bot and told it my new address I got an error:

"Only P2PKH addresses are supported".

I am new to this, and am not technically gifted. I did a quick google search but didnt really understand what it all meant.
Can anyone explain what I need to do and if it is possible to still link my wallets to participate in the next airdrop.

Thanks again for your help.

Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: