Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233998 times)
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 01:02:11 PM

Bad news -> sell. Good news -> sell. Crypto winter Undecided
Hopefully, it will not last forever, the number of Bytes is limited Tongue I like the fact that very little is given for free these days.

I can understand sellers who bought earlier and now cover losses. But those who get for free, I can't understand. My position is that the team gives me free shares in exchange for trust in their work -> hold them while the project grows and sell them when it is strong and mature enough. Presently the team is working really hard and continues developing no matter what price is and no matter what others say. And the results are impressive.
Congrats with the new witness candidate! I see the big opportunity with this relationship.
what results?

I wonder if the project will not die off after no more GB are left to sell.
it will, what are you going to pay people when bytes are over?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 02:44:36 PM

Bad news -> sell. Good news -> sell. Crypto winter Undecided
Hopefully, it will not last forever, the number of Bytes is limited Tongue I like the fact that very little is given for free these days.

I can understand sellers who bought earlier and now cover losses. But those who get for free, I can't understand. My position is that the team gives me free shares in exchange for trust in their work -> hold them while the project grows and sell them when it is strong and mature enough. Presently the team is working really hard and continues developing no matter what price is and no matter what others say. And the results are impressive.
Congrats with the new witness candidate! I see the big opportunity with this relationship.

No, GBYTE is not shares, what you describe would be a security. GBYTE is fuel for the Obyte network (you need them to post anything to Obyte DAG) and Obyte has no control over the price and it will not pay any dividends from the work it does, Obyte Foundation is non-profit organization. GBYTE price depends on demand and supply of the community, but since the community has shrink so much during the bear market, not much BTC is needed to move the price in any direction.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 03:07:26 PM

Presently the team is working really hard and continues developing no matter what price is and no matter what others say. And the results are impressive.
what results?
Try to keep up, just scroll up to see the latest news or go to following addresses what has been done recently:
https://medium.com/obyte
https://twitter.com/ObyteOrg

I wonder if the project will not die off after no more GB are left to sell.
it will, what are you going to pay people when bytes are over?
At current rate, do you realized that it would take 4-6 years to distribute all the Bytes? The same way how the price could still cut in half, the price could double too. Even more, staff can be let go during the times of the most shittiest price. That's not going to kill the Obyte network, eventually Obyte should work just from maintaining it, but currently Obyte has chosen to improve even further by implementing Autonomous Agents.
Also, at current rate of replacing witness once in 6 months, getting 6 witnesses replaced (huge milestone) is only 2 years from now, but since there was fix to a bug, which caused the light wallets to lookup suitable parents from way far past, the speed of replacing witnesses should improve from now on.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 04:14:27 PM

In the meantime all time low reached yesterday: 0.00178 BTC per GB.

Buy when there's blood on the street?
Or harbinger of further decline?

Can't be helped. The whole altcoin industry is largely abandoned by speculators and long time investors. The herd will go to where the herd will go. During these times, you will know which developers stuck around even when the financial gain is actually negative.

tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 06:42:47 PM

Can't be helped. The whole altcoin industry is largely abandoned by speculators and long time investors. The herd will go to where the herd will go. During these times, you will know which developers stuck around even when the financial gain is actually negative.

Is 2019-2020 any different from 2015-2016?
fuk

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 07:50:29 PM

dotcom bubble? never heard). Crypto is in the same condition as dotcom companies without legit business. Only idiots continue to hope for a new bubble in this area)
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 10:10:54 PM

dotcom bubble? never heard). Crypto is in the same condition as dotcom companies without legit business. Only idiots continue to hope for a new bubble in this area)

How exactly are those idiots wrong this time and were not wrong last time? When BTC gets back at ATH, all those non-idiot rational "investors" will be back FOMOing empty promises on white papers because they are unable to make a difference between turd and gem. Next time is not going to be any different, it will probably happen much quicker and percentage-wise not as much, but it will happen no matter how deep in denial you are.
fuk

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 10:13:06 PM

How exactly are those idiots wrong this time and were not wrong last time? When BTC gets back at ATH, all those non-idiot rational "investors" will be back FOMOing empty promises on white papers because they are unable to make a difference between turd and gem. Next time is not going to be any different, it will probably happen much quicker and percentage-wise not as much, but it will happen no matter how deep in denial you are.
haha keep dreaming, will ping you after another 2 year of endless dump)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 10:34:43 PM

Has there ever been a cryptocurrency that existed for a long time outside of the top 20 and then underwent a revival and became very popular? I don't think so. I think gaining and maintaining some high level of momentum is critically necessary to be a successful cryptocurrency. Maybe Byteball will be the first one, but I'm surely not betting on it.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2019, 11:23:07 PM

Has there ever been a cryptocurrency that existed for a long time outside of the top 20 and then underwent a revival and became very popular? I don't think so. I think gaining and maintaining some high level of momentum is critically necessary to be a successful cryptocurrency. Maybe Byteball will be the first one, but I'm surely not betting on it.

How many in top 20 are old timers? Who is, beside some very few coins in top 20, maintaining high level of momentum? So, "successful cryptocurrency" is just top 1, top 2, top 3?
Seems to me that general tactic is to make a new coin after every few years and let the old one die. No wonder it's difficult to get any adoption, if cryptocurrency lifetime is shorter that the fiat 24 year life-expectancy.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 11:41:29 PM

How many in top 20 are old timers? Who is, beside some very few coins in top 20, maintaining high level of momentum? So, "successful cryptocurrency" is just top 1, top 2, top 3?
Seems to me that general tactic is to make a new coin after every few years and let the old one die. No wonder it's difficult to get any adoption, if cryptocurrency lifetime is shorter that the fiat 24 year life-expectancy.

You didn't answer the question.
pineapple express

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:37:16 AM

Seems to me that general tactic is to make a new coin after every few years and let the old one die
yeah it looks like this. Only few old coins did well over all time. The rest are shine, die and replaced by new.
Obyte shine time is ended in 2018. Even if this is not the end of crypto, this is the end of obyte
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 03:22:53 PM

yeah it looks like this. Only few old coins did well over all time. The rest are shine, die and replaced by new.
Obyte shine time is ended in 2018. Even if this is not the end of crypto, this is the end of obyte
It is too soon to say like that. Next year will mark the first four years of Obyte and it will be an interesting year, not only because of Obyte itself but also because of crypto market in general. Altcoins which have good internal sources will do rally next year. I have never lost my belief in Obyte.

If you look at the market with neutral perspective, you will see most of altcoins have fallen deeply more than 80 percent from their all time highs. Fortunately, this year is not the end for them, and not a dead year for all; strong survivors will do have another opportunity to shine again, next year.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
pineapple express

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 03:55:09 PM

It is too soon to say like that. Next year will mark the first four years of Obyte and it will be an interesting year, not only because of Obyte itself but also because of crypto market in general. Altcoins which have good internal sources will do rally next year. I have never lost my belief in Obyte.

If you look at the market with neutral perspective, you will see most of altcoins have fallen deeply more than 80 percent from their all time highs. Fortunately, this year is not the end for them, and not a dead year for all; strong survivors will do have another opportunity to shine again, next year.
source?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 06:00:38 PM
Merited by hd49728 (1)

Also, next year is the first time when BTC inflation drops below 2%. https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
This probably won't start a bull-run immediately, but as soon as media starts talking again that Bitcoin is still not dead, everyone is back at "investing" in altcoins.
Everybody who doesn't believe in Stock-2-Flow are either in denial or betting there will be less demand for BTC in less than a year than there is now.
During past year, Obyte inflation has been between 5-7% and there is still 27% left to distribute, which should last for another 4-6 years.
Features and tech usually doesn't matter for the price, but with Autonomous Agents, Obyte will be equally capable as Ethereum and in some aspects even better.
When half of the witnesses get replaced then only thing that Obyte is lacking is the developers who would build on it.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 03:23:28 PM

Also, next year is the first time when BTC inflation drops below 2%. https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
This probably won't start a bull-run immediately, but as soon as media starts talking again that Bitcoin is still not dead, everyone is back at "investing" in altcoins.
Everybody who doesn't believe in Stock-2-Flow are either in denial or betting there will be less demand for BTC in less than a year than there is now.
During past year, Obyte inflation has been between 5-7% and there is still 27% left to distribute, which should last for another 4-6 years.
Features and tech usually doesn't matter for the price, but with Autonomous Agents, Obyte will be equally capable as Ethereum and in some aspects even better.
When half of the witnesses get replaced then only thing that Obyte is lacking is the developers who would build on it.

Since when something which is created for no need is going to cost more, only because it is going to end soon?

pineapple express

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 05:23:53 PM

Since when something which is created for no need is going to cost more, only because it is going to end soon?
do not pay attention, he is a crypto holder)
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 05:47:00 PM

No need? Going to end soon?

Over 10 million dollars worth of Bitcoin gets mined every day at current price. Miners are probably not selling all, but obviously there is some demand for it, if there is not, who are they selling it? The inflation is not going to end, it will be half smaller than it is now. If there is same demand for it then the price goes up after halving.

Who is buying the Obyte 5-7%? Obviously there is more people selling it than buying, otherwise the price would not slowly go down, but just because you don't have any need for it, doesn't mean that nobody is buying.

Are you saying something stupid that there is absolutely no need for cryptocurrencies? If not then WTF?
Future Person

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 09:48:06 PM

Is it still possible to see addresses that have participated in the old airdrop? That page seems down.

No one knows.. ?
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 09:09:42 AM

Is it still possible to see addresses that have participated in the old airdrop? That page seems down.

No one knows.. ?

Here: http://transition.obyte.org/firstround.html, you can find addresses that participated in the very first round.

Pages: « 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: