Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartcoin Linux mining administration. [MULTI-MACHINE SUPPORT NOW IN!]  (Read 104964 times)
drgr33n

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:40:14 PM

drgr33n:
I don't care what you do with smartcoin locally, but I definitely would not appreciate it if you branched off to add support for installing it anywhere and changed the donation profiles. I literally have hundreds of hours of my time into this.  To be up-front with you (and everybody), smartcoin makes me next to nothing - I've received 4 BTC in donations, 0 BTC from the "pledges" that were made, and about 0.019 BTC (about 2 bit cents) per day via autodonate.  Be patient, support will come to move it to an arbitrary directory pretty soon actually, as things are stabilizing out quite a bit.

Fair play Wink I might just script something so I can add an auto donate feature to linuxcoin, I like the idea Cheesy !! It's got nothing else but to do with that the users home folder is generated on the fly as my livecd boot. I would really like to include this in linuxcoin but move it over to /opt rather than have it sit in the home folder.

I will leave a link for now then and ask people to manually install smartcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:48:17 PM

Fair play Wink I might just script something so I can add an auto donate feature to linuxcoin, I like the idea Cheesy !! It's got nothing else but to do with that the users home folder is generated on the fly as my livecd boot. I would really like to include this in linuxcoin but move it over to /opt rather than have it sit in the home folder.

My bad, I didn't realize it was you for some reason (how emberrassing) - I thought it was just a random user Smiley
I actually see a good partnership between smartcoin and linuxcoin.  I have an idea that would work well, and avoid branching the codebase out.
How about you create a special file in a known location (I.e. a blank file named 'linuxcoin' in a known location). Then, I can have autodonate return some of your workers if the file exists, that way, those not using linuxcoin wouldn't be donating to it.
Perhaps we should discuss this over pm and come up with a plan, as given the situation I am open on this subject.

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
drgr33n

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:53:53 PM

My bad, I didn't realize it was you for some reason (how emberrassing) - I thought it was just a random user Smiley
I actually see a good partnership between smartcoin and linuxcoin.  I have an idea that would work well, and avoid branching the codebase out.
How about you create a special file in a known location (I.e. a blank file named 'linuxcoin' in a known location). Then, I can have autodonate return some of your workers if the file exists, that way, those not using linuxcoin wouldn't be donating to it.
Perhaps we should discuss this over pm and come up with a plan, as given the situation I am open on this subject.

lol no worries Cheesy Yes indeed I think smartcoin + linuxcoin = awesomeness Wink Some really great idea's too. I'd love to chat more about getting this implemented into linuxcoin permanently. Do you skype ? I'll send you a PM with my contact details. I don't know what timezone your in but would be good to have a chat and discuss this more.
jaebird

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:09:38 PM

lol no worries Cheesy Yes indeed I think smartcoin + linuxcoin = awesomeness Wink Some really great idea's too. I'd love to chat more about getting this implemented into linuxcoin permanently. Do you skype ? I'll send you a PM with my contact details. I don't know what timezone your in but would be good to have a chat and discuss this more.

I was holding my breath for a cage match! You guys are making mining on our rigs smooth sailing. Thanks to you both Wink

plantucha

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:17:58 PM

plantucha:
it looks like more pools = more rejections
I don't have that problem here.  I run 4 different workers on each GPU, with 3 GPUs.  My rejections are almost always under 1%.  I have seen other installs over SSH which mimic this behavior, and  have no extra rejection problems.  Additionally,  I see no performance hit running multiple instances eaither. (perhaps it related to an outdated phoenix, what phoenix revision are you running?)

dedicated rig 3x GPU HD 6790 @ 950/1050 fans 100%

uninstalled and freshly installed
phoenix    r107 (no patching)
smartcoin r297

smartcoin Management System r297 Mon Jul 4 16:09:52 EDT 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Host: localhost
GPU[0]: Temp: 65.00 load: 99%
GPU[1]: Temp: 74.00 load: 99%
GPU[2]: Temp: 68.00 load: 99%
CPU Load : 0.84%

Profile: Automatic
--------Bitcoin.cz (slush)--------
GPU[0]: [56.25 Mhash/sec] [15 Accepted] [1 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[1]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [20 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[2]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [16 Accepted] [1 Rejected] [RPC]
Total : [165.19 Mhash/sec] [51 Accepted] [2 Rejected]
--------BTCGuild--------
GPU[0]: [56.25 Mhash/sec] [13 Accepted] [2 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[1]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [16 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[2]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [12 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
Total : [165.19 Mhash/sec] [41 Accepted] [2 Rejected]
--------Bitcoins.lc--------
GPU[0]: [54.42 Mhash/sec] [9 Accepted] [6 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[1]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [13 Accepted] [7 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[2]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [12 Accepted] [5 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
Total : [163.36 Mhash/sec] [34 Accepted] [18 Rejected]
--------MineCo--------
GPU[0]: [54.44 Mhash/sec] [12 Accepted] [4 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[1]: [54.47 Mhash/sec] [7 Accepted] [4 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[2]: [56.29 Mhash/sec] [12 Accepted] [3 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
Total : [165.20 MHash/sec] [31 Accepted] [11 Rejected]

Grand Total: [658.94 Mhash/sec] [157 Accepted] [33 Rejected] [21.019% Rejected]

looks like workers entered first having more rejections than last entered workers.
bottom list first worker, top is last worker entered.

also
if I remove worker (by editing use in default profile - n) computing power will not spread between rest of workers,
I have to kill smartcoin and start it again.
Alan Lupton

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:36:17 AM

also
if I remove worker (by editing use in default profile - n) computing power will not spread between rest of workers,
I have to kill smartcoin and start it again.

I experienced that, too. A restart routine is missing at this point in the code.
pdawg

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:34:02 AM

I was holding my breath for a cage match! You guys are making mining on our rigs smooth sailing. Thanks to you both Wink

+1

Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 12:55:39 PM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25750.0
how about include this script  Huh
than some fan control.  Wink
 Grin And than something what will balancing maximum clock speed based on max set temperature.  Grin

Or you can just use the Catalyst 11.6 drivers which allow the same thing with the stock aticonfig commands. 

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:07:11 PM

Here are the goals for today:
- Implement arbitrary location installation.  This includes creating a ~/.smartcoin directory.  This is where the database will be located after the changes
- Improve the installer a bit with more feedback and user-selectable options
- First use of the patching system to bring everyone's schema up-to-date
- Add ability to specify separate miner instances in profiles

I'm going to do all updates and testing on the experimental branch.  I will post back when the update is ready.

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:43:14 PM

I added miner deepbit to automatic & after that created a new profile & deepbit miner mined.
But when i tried with mineco.in, mineco.in miner don't mine.
It uses port 3000, may this cause not mining?
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 05:22:08 PM

Minco is set up in the database as
server: mineco.in
port: 3000

which is correct to my knowledge.

Perhaps mineco is down, or the worker information is incorrect?
Can you connect manually using phoenix outside of smartcoin?
smartcoin.log should show you the launch string used to launch the miner, that might have some clues as well.

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:01:29 PM

r320 update available!:
- Smartcoin can now be installed in any directory.  The install directions on the first post of this thread have been updated to reflect this.
- smartcoin.db and smartcoin.log have been moved to ~/.smartcoin. This is the linux standard, and allows different users to have their own persistent smartcoin information (such as the database and logs)
- When adding profiles, specific miners can be set up per instance instead of per profile.  This allows you to create several miners with different command line options, and reference each individual miner from the profile. This is more for advanced users.
- various other code cleanup

Don't forget!
Use the Update option from the control screen to update to this version, or install fresh. This version contains patches, so do not simply do an svn update!  From here on out, the patch system can and will be used with updates, so again, be sure to always use the Update option from the control screen!

mono

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:13:02 PM

Hi,

i used the update function. after i killed smartcoin i get and error:

/usr/bin/smartcoin: Zeile 59: Goto: Command not found.
elrock

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:23:48 PM

I get the same error after the update.
mono

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:25:03 PM

Ahh, when i start smartcoin directly like /home/$USERNAME/smartcoin/./smartcoin it works.
But the symlink from /usr/bin is not working Wink
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:05:54 PM

Sorry about that. I'm going to look into right now.
For now, cd into the smartcoin directory before running smartcoin

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:40:04 PM

ok, fix is in (r322)
Run an  update and the issue with starting smartcoin via the symlink in directories outside of the installed directory works once again.
Thanks for the reports on this!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:42:52 PM

also, as a test of the update system patching, can those that ran the update let me know if:
A) ~/.smartcoin was created, and the smartcoin.db moved there
B) Go to the control tab-> 4) Edit Settings.  Do you have an entry in the list " Development branch to follow (stable/experimental)?

thanks!

jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:46:08 PM

Looks like BTCGuild and BTCMine are both being ddos'd right now!
Code:
smartcoin Management System r322 Tue Jul 5 16:44:09 EDT 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Host: localhost
GPU[0]: Temp: 76.00 load: 99%
GPU[1]: Temp: 68.00 load: 99%
GPU[2]: Temp: 50.50 load: 99%
CPU Load : 7.40%

Profile: Automatic
--------DeepBit--------
GPU[0]: [359.14 Mhash/sec] [28 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[1]: [360.23 Mhash/sec] [24 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[2]: [359.93 Mhash/sec] [29 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
Total : [1079.30 Mhash/sec] [81 Accepted] [0 Rejected]
--------BTCGuild--------
GPU[0]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[1]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[2]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
Total : [0 hash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected]
--------BTCMine--------
GPU[0]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[1]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
GPU[2]: [0 Khash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC]
Total : [0 MHash/sec] [0 Accepted] [0 Rejected]

Grand Total: [1079.30 hash/sec] [81 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [0% Rejected]

Not to worry though, I'm still at full hash rate Smiley  Thats the advantage of running multiple instances like this!

mono

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:49:44 PM

also, as a test of the update system patching, can those that ran the update let me know if:
A) ~/.smartcoin was created, and the smartcoin.db moved there
B) Go to the control tab-> 4) Edit Settings.  Do you have an entry in the list " Development branch to follow (stable/experimental)?

thanks!

Awesome speed in fixing. Thank you.

A) works
B) works

Everything is fine Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: