Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:55:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartcoin Linux mining administration. [MULTI-MACHINE SUPPORT NOW IN!]  (Read 104960 times)
Alan Lupton

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:09:39 PM

Hi, I have a little problem on two of my rigs. Auto Donate runs for 4 hours str8 and I can't get it to stop (did a reboot already). Any file I can delete to resolve this issue? r425 stable
Run an update, r442 is the latest stable release and may fix that.

doesn't

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 05:09:48 PM

Jon,

SmartCoin is now the main interface I use for Mining.

As such, the 1.0 BTC Donation was just sent to 1AnDpiSvcUKejhENUFuigRCZC97cir4uwn (for my own reasons I don't use auto-donate)

Keep up the good work.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
jondecker76 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:11:17 PM

also, go to edit settings from the control screen.  make sure the donation minutes per day is set to a reasonable value, perhaps something got entered in error?   you can also adjust the donation start time from the settings page.

please share what you find, as any bug in the donation system are top priority!

RollerBot Advanced Trading Platform
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447727.0
BTC Donations for development: 1H36oTJsi3adFh68wwzz95tPP2xoAoTmhC
Rob P.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 05:12:28 PM

Hi, I have a little problem on two of my rigs. Auto Donate runs for 4 hours str8 and I can't get it to stop (did a reboot already). Any file I can delete to resolve this issue? r425 stable
Run an update, r442 is the latest stable release and may fix that.

doesn't

How do you know?  Auto-donate should only run at a specified time.  I could see auto-donate getting "stuck" and running away, but if you killed SmartCoin following the update and restarted, it shouldn't run.

If it is, then SmartCoin thinks that's the profile you want to be running.  Go to the main screen and choose "Select Profile" (Option 5) and then select the profile you want (not Auto-Donate) and see if that corrects it.  Possibly set up a new Profile and select it.

--

Alan Lupton

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:22:49 PM

Did already these steps before initially posting here even.

When starting smartcoin, I get an error:

Code:
Error: no such column: failovercount

I can't even select a manual profile, smartcoin won't apply the use of another profile.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:31:54 PM

you somehow missed a schema update.  a reinstall at this point would be easiest

the bug with failed queries from a locked database is to blame, but has been fixed in recent updates

jl

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 08:15:47 PM

happy SmartCoin donator/new-to-forum, excited to join this thread and watch the development  Grin
plantucha

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 08:57:21 PM

plantucha -

I'm just testing the cgminer and poclbm support.
So far for me, cgminer has been the slowest of the bunch for me (about 1040 MHash/sec vs about 1150 MHash/sec in phoenix). Here is the launch string that I have been testing with:
Code:
./cgminer -a 4way -t 2 -g 2 -o http://pit.x8s.de:8337 -u <#user#> -p <#pass#> -I 14

Also, I don't get much more than 0.7MHash out of my GPU no matter what I do (though, it is an older P4)

Let me know if you have any suggestions!  I'll update this post once I can confirm that the cgminer support in smartcoin is complete

Maybe because cgminer has implemented
- Dynamic intensity that keeps desktop interactive under load and maximises throughput when deskop idle
so if you fiddling with PC intensity going down

or it can be just Intel/AMD sensitive

but anyway, I'm using CGminer for CPU only, Phoenix for GPUs

Code:
smartcoin Management System r442(experimental) Sun Jul 17 16:19:33 EDT 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Host: localhost
GPU[0]: Temp: 69.00 load: 99%
GPU[1]: Temp: 70.00 load: 99%
GPU[2]: Temp: 71.00 load: 99%
GPU[3]: Temp: 72.00 load: 99%
CPU Load : 0.88%

Profile: Failover
--------BTCGuild--------
GPU[0]: [207.52 Mhash/sec] [132 Accepted] [1 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[1]: [207.48 Mhash/sec] [113 Accepted] [0 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[2]: [207.58 Mhash/sec] [132 Accepted] [1 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
GPU[3]: [207.51 Mhash/sec] [132 Accepted] [1 Rejected] [RPC (+LP)]
CPU:    [20.3 MHash/sec] [8 Accepted] [0 Rejected]
Total : [850.39 MHash/sec] [517 Accepted] [3 Rejected] [.580% Rejected]

Grand Total: [850.39 MHash/sec] [517 Accepted] [3 Rejected] [.580% Rejected]

Please note: for some reason after CPU mining is each GPU 2Mhash/s faster than without CPU mining.

now just tiny things like CPU load is 0.88% for GPU mining.
most likely 100% for CPU mining.

I'm getting CPU temperature from "lm-sensors", some people don't have lm-sensors installed.

also I personally do not understand, why people pushing sqlite.
This will be big project and i can see people using it in mining farms with 50+ computers.
Mysql is perfect solution and for mailing postfix.
Think BIG.
People don't cry for 50MB on your 1TB HDD.
Safety first and what is better an more often maintained than Mysql or Postfix?
Some shady project without security upgrades?

jondecker76 Thank you for your super fast development speed.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __________

P.S.:
I'm thinking about writing some documentation, soon it will be too complex for people who starting from this point.
But maybe after some front page simplification.
For example:
Pool configuration on front page
 - it is already pre-configured, but users will try to do something just because they see it...like jen
I think first page have to be just this:

1) Reboot Computer
2) Kill smartcoin (exit)
3) Disconnect from smartcoin (leave running)
4) Select Profile
5) Configure   
6) Update Smartcoin

and most important info:
Ctrl + a      =  switch to rigs live streaming
Ctrl + a +d =  disconnect from smartcoin (leave running)

Submenu 5.

Mandatory basic Configure:
1) Configure Workers

Advacend configure:
2) Edit Settings
3) Remote computers: (yes/no) , address conf. etc

Profile configure:
3) Configure Profiles
4) Set Profile Failover Order

Pre-configured for basic use (tune for your own hardware):
5) Configure Miners
6) Configure Devices
7) Configure Pools

Now, I can see I have to more think about it. Because I'm not sure if is it much easier or more clear than before.
hmmm
....But at least now you do have idea what I mean. Smiley

Alan Lupton

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 09:39:02 PM

I want to gather suggestions on the preferred cli email program to be used by smartcoin.  I'll go with the most requested.

I finished a new routine which monitors for GPU lockups (the kind common when pushing overclocking a bit too far)
All of my tests so far indicate that a full reboot is needed to recover from locked card conditions.  Currently, the routine will monitor for this  kind of hard lock condition,  and if found it will Log and error, shut down smartcoin and fire off an email.  I'm going to do some tests to see if its possible to revive a locked card, but until then this is about as elegant as I can come up with.

Any further suggestions on this?

Why would you kill smartcoin and kill the other working devices? Let's say I go to bed and sleep 7 hours. After 1 hour one GPU locks. Then you kill smartcoin and 6 hours idle time for 3 other GPUs. That doesn't make sense to me. The current state is even better, because when getting up I can easily detect the the lockup by looking at the stats and I wouldn't waste 6 hours x3 GPUs hashing time.

Email, wonderful. Shutdown smartcoin, very bad idea imo.
plantucha

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:00:34 PM

I want to gather suggestions on the preferred cli email program to be used by smartcoin.  I'll go with the most requested.

I finished a new routine which monitors for GPU lockups (the kind common when pushing overclocking a bit too far)
All of my tests so far indicate that a full reboot is needed to recover from locked card conditions.  Currently, the routine will monitor for this  kind of hard lock condition,  and if found it will Log and error, shut down smartcoin and fire off an email.  I'm going to do some tests to see if its possible to revive a locked card, but until then this is about as elegant as I can come up with.

Why would you kill smartcoin and kill the other working devices? Let's say I go to bed and sleep 7 hours. After 1 hour one GPU locks. Then you kill smartcoin and 6 hours idle time for 3 other GPUs. That doesn't make sense to me. The current state is even better, because when getting up I can easily detect the the lockup by looking at the stats and I wouldn't waste 6 hours x3 GPUs hashing time.

most people don't wanna checking rig daily when they wake up.
maybe not shutdown,
restart (email about restart)
with smartcoin autostart after restart. (email about recovery)
then if restart 5x in 1hour (too hot outside or something)  let it hang and send email every x hours about lockup.

also emails about configurable events will be awsome:
temperature threshold
failover - profile name
fan threshold
stats every X minutes
Mhash/s threshold
etc.

jl

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 10:38:18 PM by jl

If there are any commands that you want to have run automatically when smartcoin starts, create a file "init.sh" in the smartcoin directory.  Then you can add your commands that you want run on startup.

Admittedly undereducated about exactly what AMDOverdriveCtrl is doing to my overclock settings/performance - but I have to start it for both cards everytime I reboot my rig. How can I script this with a detached screen? I'm trying in an init.sh file w/ SmartCoin:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
screen -dmS ctl0 "AMDOverdriveCtrl -i 0"
screen -dmS ctl1 "AMDOverdriveCtrl -i 3"
Jen4538

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:21:41 PM

plantucha -

P.S.:
I'm thinking about writing some documentation, soon it will be too complex for people who starting from this point.
But maybe after some front page simplification.
For example:
Pool configuration on front page
 - it is already pre-configured, but users will try to do something just because they see it...like jen
I think first page have to be just this:

1) Reboot Computer
2) Kill smartcoin (exit)
3) Disconnect from smartcoin (leave running)
4) Select Profile
5) Configure   
6) Update Smartcoin

and most important info:
Ctrl + a      =  switch to rigs live streaming
Ctrl + a +d =  disconnect from smartcoin (leave running)

Submenu 5.

Mandatory basic Configure:
1) Configure Workers

Advacend configure:
2) Edit Settings
3) Remote computers: (yes/no) , address conf. etc

Profile configure:
3) Configure Profiles
4) Set Profile Failover Order

Pre-configured for basic use (tune for your own hardware):
5) Configure Miners
6) Configure Devices
7) Configure Pools

Now, I can see I have to more think about it. Because I'm not sure if is it much easier or more clear than before.
hmmm
....But at least now you do have idea what I mean. Smiley

this would be a good idea especially for a person such as myself who is often lost and confused

jondecker76 has tried to help me alot with private messages but always i am getting stuck somewhere or lost somewhere else.    i tried linuxcoin with smartcoin together as was a suggestion by jondecker which i did manage to make it work but with doing things in a different way however i get alot of stale shares useing so i dont know what i did wrong there.  for now i will play with different ideas on a usb stick while my miners below are doing the work the hard way.   i'm always going backwards instead of forward as i see it.

wish everyone good luck as this is a great project and i see alot of good things in it

Jenette   
plantucha

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:22:05 PM

If there are any commands that you want to have run automatically when smartcoin starts, create a file "init.sh" in the smartcoin directory.  Then you can add your commands that you want run on startup.

Admittedly undereducated about exactly what AMDOverdriveCtrl is doing to my overclock settings/performance - but I have to start it for both cards everytime I reboot my rig. How can I script this with a detached screen? I'm trying:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

why are you using AMDOverdriveCtrl
is there anything what can't be done just by  catalyst 11.6?

like:
aticonfig --od-setclocks=900,1000 --adapter=all
or
export DISPLAY=:0.1; aticonfig --pplib-cmd "get fanspeed 0"
export DISPLAY=:0.1; aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 100"

unless AMDOverdriveCtrl can finally overvolt
but I bet 11.7 will do it too or atitweak http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25750.msg371068#msg371068 (overvolt bypass bios in next version)
Rob P.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:23:46 PM

I have a GPU that locks up if I OC over about 960 MHz (it's a 5830).  When it locks up, the other GPU often stops processing as well.

Actually, Jon, what I'd prefer is that you can specify a script to run when a card locks up.  I can then do whatever I want.  Something like "lockup.sh".  In my script I would:

1)  Capture Temps
2)  Capture GPU Status (overclock rates, etc)
3)  Send the above to me in an email
4)  Reboot the box

By having a script, I could even code whether or not I want to reboot.  Maybe setting a flag each time it reboots and if I see it reboot 4 times unattended, I just leave it down (because I need to look into what's going on).

Thoughts?

--

Rob P.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:25:21 PM

If there are any commands that you want to have run automatically when smartcoin starts, create a file "init.sh" in the smartcoin directory.  Then you can add your commands that you want run on startup.

Admittedly undereducated about exactly what AMDOverdriveCtrl is doing to my overclock settings/performance - but I have to start it for both cards everytime I reboot my rig. How can I script this with a detached screen? I'm trying:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Put the commands you want in init.sh in the smartcoin directory and they'll run every time you start smartcoin.

--

jl

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:28:12 PM

if I don't use AMDOverdriveCtrl - I get the following message after passing `aticonfig --od-setclocks=985,285 --adapter=all`:

Code:
ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series  
        Please check that input values were valid

So AMDOverdriveCtrl must be doing something...And it's not `aticonfig --od-enable --adapter=all` ... that didn't change anything.

It would be good to know how to script Screen anyway - for general Linux education.
Rob P.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 10:33:23 PM

if I don't use AMDOverdriveCtrl - I get the following message after passing `aticonfig --od-setclocks=985,285 --adapter=all`:

Code:
ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 
        Please check that input values were valid[\code]

So AMDOverdriveCtrl must be doing something...And it's not `aticonfig --od-enable --adapter=all` ... that didn't change anything.

It would be good to know how to script Screen anyway - for general Linux education.

You don't want AMDOverdriveCtrl commands running in Screen.  Screen is for running commands that KEEP RUNNING and you then want to detach from them, but keep them running.  The AMDOverdriveCtrl commands just run and exit.  Screen isn't necessary.

However, here is an example of running something in screen:

Code:
/usr/bin/screen -dmS gpu0 /usr/local/miners/startminer.sh 0

That will execute the script "startminer.sh" and pass it a "0" parameter.  It will name the screen "gpu0".  It will immediately detach from the session, so on the command line it won't look like anything happened.

To attach to the screen you'd type:

Code:
screen -r gpu0

To detach from the screen again, you'd type CNTRL-A, D

--

elrock

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:35:46 PM

I just updated to r449 and I'm getting a bunch of syntax error messages:

Code:
/home/elrock/smartcoin/smartcoin_ops.sh: line 494: local: `68': not a valid identifier
seq: missing operand
Try `seq --help' for more information.
expr: syntax error
/home/elrock/smartcoin/smartcoin_ops.sh: line 494: local: `1554': not a valid identifier
/home/elrock/smartcoin/smartcoin_ops.sh: line 494: local: `25': not a valid identifier

I froze it in mid-stream so there are probably more error messages along these lines.  Shares are still being accepted, though.
jondecker76 (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:43:19 PM

Update r450 experimental available
- Failovers can  happen now in the case where you get unusually high rejected shares (over 10%)
- Dead GPU detection - detects locked up GPU (most likely cause is too aggressive of an overclock).
- AutoDonate bug fixed.  I was finally able to reproduce it locally after a user PM'd me some good info.  It only effected a few, and it took a specific combination of start time and donation minutes. 
- The autodonate countdown timer is now displayed while donating again, and its accurate.  I ran it through a battery of tests manually to ensure accuracy (tests included start/stop times within the same hour, start/stop times that crossed over an hour, and start/stop times that crossed over midnight)

elrock - do another update,  you must have ran the  update right inbetween my commits!

elrock

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 10:48:30 PM

Update isn't working for me -- it says the current stable version is 425 (I'm now on r449).  Do I need to completely uninstall and reinstall?  And is there a way to reinstall without wiping out my database?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: