Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:13:13 AM

Update: Does not work. Pi keeps auto-restarting, probably one of the daemons is down. Will play with it tomorrow. Meantime amazon, ebay, everyone still has 1.2 Rpis.

C

i have that spare raspberry pi clone jupiter/titan with the clone bridge up ..it only has 1 working die cube and the 2nd full cube on it

I could try a apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (i think that his how the work in tandem...and think this order is correct) and see what happens on a REGULAR Raspberry Pi B+ 512mb

unless that screws the pooch too....

and again if anyone wants just to see if it works or not ( not like a lot of risk)

Or maybe someone has done this and knows as to whether it actually does anything of note I'd have no way to tell would have to follow directions for those who would want to poke into it after the fact (assuming it upgraded etc)

but I have a knc 2.00 8gb Sandisk Class 10 SD  laying around here I could nuke to try

(then again others may have done this with NO effect) Sad

let me what some of you think (Lightfoot gen tarkin..others with more knowledge then myself)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:19:25 AM

Update: Does not work. Pi keeps auto-restarting, probably one of the daemons is down. Will play with it tomorrow. Meantime amazon, ebay, everyone still has 1.2 Rpis.

C

i have that spare raspberry pi clone jupiter/titan with the clone bridge up ..it only has 1 working die cube and the 2nd full cube on it

I could try a apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (i think that his how the work in tandem...and think this order is correct) and see what happens on a REGULAR Raspberry Pi B+ 512mb

and again if anyone wants just to see if it works or not ( not like a lot of risk)

Or maybe someone has done this and knows as to whether it actually does anything of note I'd have no way to tell would have to follow directions for those who would want to poke into it after the fact (assuming it upgraded etc)

but I have a knc 2.00 8gb Sandisk Class 10 SD  laying around here I could nuke to try

let me what some of you think (Lightfoot gen tarkin..others with more knowledge then myself)

When it comes to myself, all hardware mods are outta my hands. I dont have access to a titan physically. Hence why I can only offer software/firmware improvements =-(

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:16:03 AM

C

but I have a knc 2.00 8gb Sandisk Class 10 SD  laying around here I could nuke to try

When it comes to myself, all hardware mods are outta my hands. I dont have access to a titan physically. Hence why I can only offer software/firmware improvements =-(

But IF someone made such a BBB to Titan cube mod YOU could maybe incorp a version of such? (or likely you'd need a machine to muck with to do so for this)

anyway if such a firmware fix by Lightfoot or someone else existed...I'm pretty sure I could spare you a 75 buck Jupiter controller and my ONE die working cube)

heh (ducks)

but yeah the Unicorn has to exist first ...I did not point such out..but damn the equip would be common (or at least 1 titan test units at that point imho)

whatever.....frigging dreaming...but again the thought of a KNC 2013 Mercury BBB Board at a big 112.4mh to BTC back in the day...just has a certain

EVIL appeal to me running even ONE Titan cube.....but again .this is due to the numerous LIES by KNC on such being IMPOSSIBLE and your Unicorn Titan

Software....which in its present form is SO beyond what KNC denied they could do .is beyond belief at this point in time.

Anyway....off to other 'windmills' I guess Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:47:53 PM

It would be awesome to see Tarkins titan firmware running on a pi2. Smiley

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:04:45 PM

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi-tutorials/16982376-updating-raspbian-on-your-microsd-for-the-raspberry-pi-2

According to this, step 3 ... *should* work....

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:05:34 PM

Guys I have turned over the database of names of everyone that purchased the firmware from my site www.bitcoinlasvegas.net or Ebay. If you purchased the firmware from either of these sites and you are currently not running his v1.04 then kindly PM Gentarkin , and he will help you as he can now confirm your payment using the email you used. Please state the email address you used in your pm to him, as that is how he will verify you.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:16:15 PM

Guys I have turned over the database of names of everyone that purchased the firmware from my site www.bitcoinlasvegas.net or Ebay. If you purchased the firmware from either of these sites and you are currently not running his v1.04 then kindly PM Gentarkin , and he will help you as he can now confirm your payment using the email you used. Please state the email address you used in your pm to him, as that is how he will verify you.

Vegas

I can confirm this. Thanks vegasguy!

To my client previous customers which are on this list:
I was not given amount of original copies purchased. So, in order to be eligible for more than 1 free copy of the new firmware you will still have to supply proof of purchase of more than 1 originally.
As of this point, everyone on the original client base list who didnt already receive their free upgrades, now is eligble for 1 free full copy upgrade to newest release.

Please pm/email me via my site: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com letting me know your original email and that u are in need of 1 free upgrade. Furthermore create an account on my site w/ original email used.

mishax1
Legendary

Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:55:31 PM

Just read this - http://digital.di.se/artikel/knc-miner-stams-pa-miljonbelopp 

sorry if reposting..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:43:55 AM

Just read this - http://digital.di.se/artikel/knc-miner-stams-pa-miljonbelopp  

sorry if reposting..

You can kinda get thru the above with 'google translate'

also on the above link don't miss this link either ...seems KNC has some 'issues' and laid off a bunch of folk this is at the end of the article

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigital.di.se%2Fartikel%2Fknc-miner-stams-pa-miljonbelopp&edit-text=

likely KNC is playing the Butterfly Labs 'long game' drag this all out.....let the KNC corporation take the fall and pay the fines and go bankrupt. Because a corporation the
assets of others like Sam Cole and the IPO money in their DATA HALL operation would NOT be effected..IF they were smart enough to set it up that way?

They are EVIL so they will probably wiggle out of this EVEN if they lost the court case.

What is annoying to me is once this class action is done that's it...unless you were in on this class action you get zip...no such class actions will be allowed ..it will be settled
completely (or so I seem to remember)

IS ANYONE on here IN this class action? IF so can you talk about it?

Anyway thanks for the links

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:06:45 PM

I know I am late to this party, but in that article there seemed to be a direction that is focused on the idea that Knc used customer funds to stand up their own data center and mine... Making money before shipping miners to customers... Not to be the devils advocate here, but if they did that it likely would not be deemed illegal... Them filling customer orders late at the customers expense also probably wouldn't be deemed illegal in the end.  Slimy, unethical, and bordering on criminal yes.... but in todays world will they be held accountable for these actions?  I kind of doubt it.  That is the bad part with not working with known proven entities and the mining community is just full of these "companies" that really don't have a proven track record nor should they have any trust.  Sadly that is what we are left to deal with if we want mining gear. :-(

Shipping defective product, not honoring warranties etc surely they would be found liable to compensate customers for that.  I haven't read the court case so I don't know what it encompasses, but I hope that it doesn't get dismissed due to broad claims that largely are not enforceable. 

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:47:25 PM

Guys I used a few different pools, and as it turns out prohashing pays out the best by far. I am not affiliated with any of the pools, just my personal experience.

Vegas

Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:42:25 PM

I prefer to solo mine at  http://ltc.tbdice.org/index.htm
It's LTC merged mining with DOGE.
That way you keep what you kill.
M-

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
whisper

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:37:20 AM

I understood that the lawyer want another payment from all participants in the case lol Cheesy. This is expensive as shit!!

tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:05:53 PM

One more time ladies,

The controller hardware is the same for everything.
Some controller boards do not have 6 ribbon cable connectors installed though.

For early Oct merc,sat,jup you had to have October firmware loaded.

When November was first launched you needed November specific firmware and it was not backwards compatible.

Eventually they released firmware that worked with both OCT _OR_ Nov (not both on the same controller)

The nepturd firmware can run OCT28nm, Nov28nm, _OR_ nepturd20nm.
You could plug in Nov28nm _AND_ nepturd20nm at the same time but it will run the nepturds slow.
In other words don't ever mix GE and Ericsson DC/DC converters on a single BTC controller.

Same controller hardware for scrypt but different firmware.
I don't think the tit firmware works with any of the BTC ASICs.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:01:31 PM

One more time ladies,

The controller hardware is the same for everything.
Some controller boards do not have 6 ribbon cable connectors installed though.

For early Oct merc,sat,jup you had to have October firmware loaded.

When November was first launched you needed November specific firmware and it was not backwards compatible.

Eventually they released firmware that worked with both OCT _OR_ Nov (not both on the same controller)

The nepturd firmware can run OCT28nm, Nov28nm, _OR_ nepturd20nm.
You could plug in Nov28nm _AND_ nepturd20nm at the same time but it will run the nepturds slow.
In other words don't ever mix GE and Ericsson DC/DC converters on a single BTC controller.

Same controller hardware for scrypt but different firmware.
I don't think the tit firmware works with any of the BTC ASICs.

YMMV
Smiley

yep. My Titan clone bridge on a Netune board with the replacement raspberry pi B+ 512mb works like a champ. Any BBB controller (pre-titan) works dandy on Neptune's as well I've been told from others also.

as to my Titan work around for the bridge....well again asking for input Sad

Again can ANYONE tell me an equivalent chip for the tiny chip in the titan bridge board. I ASSUME it is a clock chip. IF that could be found out a guy could

just use a protoboard for the pi and some leads and spaghetti solution to all this ...but need the proper LARGER clock chip (if that is what it is) to pull this off that would work

would look ugly as hell but likely would cost all parts including SD card for this Titan hack LESS THAN 50 bucks.

Just would find it immensely satisfying to run a Titan cube on ANY FRIGGING KNC CONTROLLER ever made using the above hack (again knc techs had told me it
could not be done .back in the day on knc forums.ie lies) this with the gen tarkin software (which knc techs also told me most of the stuff it does could not be done) would be a hoot.

but that's about it ...trace the leads on the titan bridge board....find out an equiv large enough to use clock chip that would work in this.....get some spaghetti pi
protoboard leads (10 bucks for 20 ebay last I looked) and a pi B+ equiv protoboard that uses such leads (say 20 bucks with shipping last I looked) and an SD card and ASSUMING
most of you geeks could front the cost for a raspberry pi B+ 512mb on top of this (hey its a toy if it don't work) Smiley and viola a done deal.

It is the frigging (again I assume clock chip) very small chip in the traces of such on the tian bridge that I find as my roadblock to trying this on a Jupiter board.

A beagle bone black firmware solution would be more 'elegant' but that seems a dead project now from what I can tell. Unless someone can make bridges for a lot less then 1/2 a btc
kinda stuck.

anyway my 2 satoshi's worth

Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:04:36 AM

I understood that the lawyer want another payment from all participants in the case lol Cheesy. This is expensive as shit!!

So glad I didn't get involved in this nonsense.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:19:14 AM

So glad I didn't get involved in this nonsense.

was that in the previous posted link...or somewhere else...if not the one above re-post or point it out please

I can't believe the class action lawyers are asking for MORE money

if so not looking good...with the 1500 each put down for the law firm to take this case against knc (think it was 1500 bucks)

AND if you LOSE you pay KNC's legal fees and any judgements against the class action folk losing.

how a Swedish Class Action works ......kinda sucks....also if you lose..knc's law firm likely is not cheap

the class action folk could be out as much as 6k MORE with fees etc and a judgement against them.....and you are so screwed....

hell it could be more....you had to sign something I was told to that effect..thus 1.5k fees plus say another 1.5k fees not refundable

you figure 3k for knc min for law firm (likely more) and that is frigging 6k right there ..hell it could go higher if you lost and that is

again from what I remember PER TITAN OR NEPTUNE ...sheesh

but again looks like IF the law firm of the class action is asking for more $$$ to continue....they are covering their ass as those $$$ are non-refundable

and hell if it is that bad will probably settle with knc and just walk away with the fees.....gathered in both instances just take the fees and  with maybe a puny $$ amount

from knc to .....drop the case...or knc would pursue a 'settlement' of more $$$ on top of $$$ to law firm if they class action tanks...it would be puny like most

class action settlements..by the time the lawyers were paid you'd be lucky to break even on fees already spent...win/win for law firms....you'd be like why did i bother Sad

what the hell ..the law firm has (100 in the class action i think they had) 150,000 if they get more to say 200k to walk/settle/split fees and a big screw you

The other reason I never got into this class action is the point KNC always made ...if we by buying any KNC  miners you are a BUSINESS

under Swedish law...business transactions under EU consumer protection are NOT protected in any way....a big frigging black hole loophole imho.

Thus there is a REASON Swedish law allows this loophole..to get around EU consumer protection rules.

....thus I had a hard time believing the Swedish Legal System would over throw this business loophole and precedent and rule

against KNC......just saying KNC always acted like their ass was covered in this (Hope I'm wrong)...always said they would never have to pay on anything like this because of such.

But we may witness yet ANOTHER instance where knc screws over a bunch of folk in one last FU moment.....

again hope I'm wrong....but where my mind tends to tread hearing that the law firms are asking for more $$$$ (if true) on top of $$$ already ....

that would NOT inspire me with a lot of frigging confidence....if I was part of the class action...I'd be freaking out Sad

still hope those guys win....

whisper

Activity: 267

Learn to go against your mind

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:34:15 AM

here we go. Lets the drama begins - KNC win Cheesy
retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:52:54 AM

Not sure why anyone but a half wit would find this funny but yeah. We lost. KNC won. 

I'll say it again for those who have seen this whole shit show unfold and might not actually believe it but, KNC WON.

I haven't read the judgement yet, it came in today and it's in Swedish but my lawyer is going to translate it and send it it over so I'll give you more info, when I get it.

I wasn't in the class action so I can't speak for that but my case was strong based on a number of arguments. Obviously the Judge did not see it that way. The fact that it had to be heard with a number of others may have been to its detriment but I won't know for sure until I read the judgement.  Apparently it's very complicated. I won't go into too much as some may want to appeal, but I'll try to answer any questions I can, within reason.

For me it's never been about the money, I've got enough to be comfortable, I'm just not the type of person to take shit lying down. KNC are crooks and we deserved our day in court, it didn't go our way this time, that's life. As any poker player will tell you I was what you would call "pot committed", I had enough down to make the "all in" worth it. This time it didn't pay off. It's not going to ruin my life, I'm just a little pissed that those assholes got away with it. But I guess the law in Sweden is a bit like the law in Britain:

Steal £200 get a jail sentence
Steal £20 million get a Knighthood

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of new, unused Titans flooding the market in the next few weeks. As for KNC's lawyers fees. I hope they take litecoin Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:24:31 AM

Not sure why anyone but a half wit would find this funny but yeah. We lost. KNC won. 

I'll say it again for those who have seen this whole shit show unfold and might not actually believe it but, KNC WON.

I haven't read the judgement yet, it came in today and it's in Swedish but my lawyer is going to translate it and send it it over so I'll give you more info, when I get it.

I wasn't in the class action so I can't speak for that but my case was strong based on a number of arguments. Obviously the Judge did not see it that way. The fact that it had to be heard with a number of others may have been to its detriment but I won't know for sure until I read the judgement.  Apparently it's very complicated. I won't go into too much as some may want to appeal, but I'll try to answer any questions I can, within reason.

For me it's never been about the money, I've got enough to be comfortable, I'm just not the type of person to take shit lying down. KNC are crooks and we deserved our day in court, it didn't go our way this time, that's life. As any poker player will tell you I was what you would call "pot committed", I had enough down to make the "all in" worth it. This time it didn't pay off. It's not going to ruin my life, I'm just a little pissed that those assholes got away with it. But I guess the law in Sweden is a bit like the law in Britain:

Steal £200 get a jail sentence
Steal £20 million get a Knighthood

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of new, unused Titans flooding the market in the next few weeks. As for KNC's lawyers fees. I hope they take litecoin Grin

My guess is KNC won due to the 'we are a business by buying this equipment" loophole to get around EU consumer protection law...if KNC lost then all there commerce

probably would fall under the EU consumer protection...ie as I said .why I did not get into the lawsuit....I felt that no way Swedish Legal precident that was set up as

such would be set aside for a KNC loss....would open a whole can of worms...and I bet the swedish business interests really really like this loophole.....we know know KNC does Sad

anyway my guess on why they won ....may be wrong.......but KNC always acted beyond cocky that it was a 'slam dunk' in their favor on such ...or so the song went back in the

day on kcn forums

damn.....hope someone in the class action gets on and tells us what the judgement in payment was against them for 'legal bills' in that the loser pays the winners court/legal

costs and a judgement ...these guys could be out 8k each total with lawyer fees imho .if it flowed down hill that is...sh*t

Pages: « 1 ... 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: