Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:33:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:59:51 AM

no i do understand, its just that it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. all of the buyers will gravitate towards the faster, more energy efficient product. they will be dead before they can even sell the product. from now on, shouldn't they be focusing on improving a 28nm design?
What makes you think the other ASIC vendors are going to sit still, Avalon have already stated they are working on a 2nd generation ASIC design, the foundry that BFL use can certainly do 28nm.

There is no reason to jump straight into the more expensive 28nm tech when you are a year ahead of your competition in orders/sales and you can sell everything you can ship plus more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:32:39 AM

i have been wondering about this

how are they going to have access to 28nm chips when the rest of the companies can barely get ahold of 65nm?

i do not understand how they are going to get a hold of 28nm at the same rate as Apple IBM etc.
28nm is a common fab size, it costs more so other ASIC vendors opt for cheaper sizes.

then why are other companies developing with larger gate size?

new stuff is coming out on 100+nm designs
The larger sizes are cheaper. It not very hard to understand.

no i do understand, its just that it doesn't make sense from a business perspective. all of the buyers will gravitate towards the faster, more energy efficient product. they will be dead before they can even sell the product. from now on, shouldn't they be focusing on improving a 28nm design?

If consumption w / ghs KNC devices is less also expands the lifetime of this. When a miner consumes more than mine.  Probably the owner turn off. There are owners who are supplied with solar installations, but they are not many.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 09:54:27 AM

how are they going to have access to 28nm chips when the rest of the companies can barely get ahold of 65nm?

i do not understand how they are going to get a hold of 28nm at the same rate as Apple IBM etc.
28nm is a common fab size, it costs more so other ASIC vendors opt for cheaper sizes.

If consumption w / ghs KNC devices is less also expands the lifetime of this. When a miner consumes more than mine.  Probably the owner turn off. There are owners who are supplied with solar installations, but they are not many.

And even then if you had the outlay for solar, would you not prefer to maximise multiples of Gh/s?

Everyone views the scramble for ASIC development as how much they could realistically afford in terms of hashrate to remain competitive amongst eachother, when in my eyes it's far more important Bitcoin has the most power efficient, secure and non-centralised, widely distributed network as competitive claims in comparison to traditional payment processing. These all become arguments in legitimising it's survival. 28nm was always going to become the benchmark when a professional engineering firm eventually approached these dilemmas. 130nm, 110nm and 65nm, were only ever going to be stepping stones in existing tech capability.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:14:46 PM

And even then if you had the outlay for solar, would you not prefer to maximise multiples of Gh/s?

Everyone views the scramble for ASIC development as how much they could realistically afford in terms of hashrate to remain competitive amongst eachother, when in my eyes it's far more important Bitcoin has the most power efficient, secure and non-centralised, widely distributed network as competitive claims in comparison to traditional payment processing. These all become arguments in legitimising it's survival. 28nm was always going to become the benchmark when a professional engineering firm eventually approached these dilemmas. 130nm, 110nm and 65nm, were only ever going to be stepping stones in existing tech capability.
Most chip manufacturers have never got the modeled energy efficiency when they moved to 28nm.  It is doubtful that the energy savings moving from 55/65NM down to 28NM will be multiples like models suggest.  Very doubtful.   It was not for the publicly traded professional chip companies so it likely will not be for miners either.   I would think that a well designed 55/65NM will be hashing just as long as a 28NM and will not draw enough more power for it to matter.

rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:52:45 PM

Anyone order a mercury and get a day yet on their order checkup?

If you didn't order with a pre-order, you won't get an assigned shipping day. Regular orders don't get that treatment and will ship according to when the order was placed.

Incorrect, if you paid within the first 7 days, regardless if you had a pre-order or not you will get a shipping day attached to your order. I have confirmed this will KnC.

Email:

Hi Emilie,
   Sorry to bug you, I was hoping for a little clarification on the queue position. I know you guys posted the following and it seems self explanatory:

"For example Day 1/Day 2/Day 3. This will indicate how far from the start of shipping your order will dispatched. This update will not apply to new orders and will only apply to the orders which were based on pre-order registration. All other orders will be dispatched in the order of payment."

My question is, does the term pre-order include those orders that were not in the 1-500 pre-order queue but paid within the first 7 days?

If not, could you please let me know where I stand in the order queue with the following orders

#
#
#

Any answer you can give would be appreciated.

Best,
David

Response:

HI,

Yes it includes all order paid in the first 7 days.
I believe your orders should be updated now.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

Hope this is helpful.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:31:46 PM

No, because the mask sets at 28nm are far more expensive. So you start with chips that you have the money to develop, make some money, THEN use that money to pay for 28nm chips.
Let's put it this way... There are no other asic designers with the experience KNC has. Nobody comes close. Several completed asic projects. So, with that in mind, don't you think they have established relationships with manufacturers?  The knowledge to do a much simpler project than in the past?... Yes, simpler. They have one with over 140 clock domains....this has two.   Nuff said?

That doesn't change the fact that the startup costs for cutting edge nodes like 28nm is much higher than for larger feature sizes (like 0.11um for Avalon).

I'm sure they can design the chips, but it's a different issue whether they've got the capital to pay a foundry for a mask set (which will run many millions).
Vycid...   3000+ orders... even a single saturn is 4k....  3000 * 4000 is 12 million... and you ask where?
Better go back & sharpen your pencil, eh?...lol

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:35:51 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2013, 09:02:42 PM by keyzersoze

If you didn't order with a pre-order, you won't get an assigned shipping day. Regular orders don't get that treatment and will ship according to when the order was placed.

Incorrect, if you paid within the first 7 days, regardless if you had a pre-order or not you will get a shipping day attached to your order. I have confirmed this will KnC.

Email:

Hi Emilie,
   Sorry to bug you, I was hoping for a little clarification on the queue position. I know you guys posted the following and it seems self explanatory:

"For example Day 1/Day 2/Day 3. This will indicate how far from the start of shipping your order will dispatched. This update will not apply to new orders and will only apply to the orders which were based on pre-order registration. All other orders will be dispatched in the order of payment."

My question is, does the term pre-order include those orders that were not in the 1-500 pre-order queue but paid within the first 7 days?

If not, could you please let me know where I stand in the order queue with the following orders

#
#
#

Best,
David

Response:

HI,

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole  
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

Hope this is helpful.

Yeah, thats what i asked/claimed on page 142, and people jumped on me as if i had told them that santa wasnt real.
I think AFox even threw the word "iliterate" around, when i pointed to the different wording on the different updates.

Tsk tsk tsk.

But with regards to the mercury, it wasnt available for order/purchase during that 7 day period. They just added it to the product lineup a few days ago.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

Hopefully all orders will eventually get ship day info.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:16:03 PM

Email:

Hi Emilie,

#
#
#

Best,
David

Response:

HI,

Thanks
Emilia

Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

Hope this is helpful.

Oh darn! I was right after all.
I was hoping I was wrong and he was right. My order still doesn't have one.
Does that include mercuries?
nightengale

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:46:12 PM

Hopefully all orders will eventually get ship day info.

Sure, you'll be notified when it ships. Barring that.... don't expect it.

It's truly amazing how many people will spend thousands of dollars without reading everything first.

<shaking head>
OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 05:51:39 PM

omg, lol.  Mercuries were offered on day what??.....  28?... What do you think?

First 7 days [of ordering]. Not first 7 days ever.
There are people who have orders with a shipping day attached that weren't in the first 500-700 or w/e if you keep reading.

Do you really expect them to be able to tell what day an order will ship, when it's a month down the line in production?

Its not a specific date lol Its an estimated day of.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:00:31 PM

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink...
You could, but it would look funny and would probably be against a law Cheesy
OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

i,

With Mercury, it will be later this summer when we add the days to the orders.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole  
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

Everyone will be getting days added to orders, long before they ship.
I am now the second person to tell you.
Contact them yourselves if you need to. It took them like 2 hours to respond, not even.
nightengale

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:13:13 PM

Contact them yourselves if you need to. It took them like 2 hours to respond, not even.

Thanks for looking into this.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 07:28:28 PM

i,

With Mercury, it will be later this summer when we add the days to the orders.

Thanks
Emilia

Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com

ok, thx, my bad.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
lmontrose

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 08:48:52 PM

Any idea when the Day one orders will be delivered? or shipped?  I hope they arrive by September!  The competition is heating up!  Also looking to aquire a Bitfury 400ghs!  They expect to ship in August.  Anyone else hedging?
Kuroth

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 09:48:57 PM

I wish Knc would give us a weekly update...  Last one was June 26...  I mean even if its a small update..  Since they have no forum(a bad thing or good) I feel kind of in Limbo without weekly updates..  Not sure if no news is good news or bad..  Maybe we will get an update soon..

OmegaNemesis28

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 12:14:15 AM

I wish Knc would give us a weekly update...  Last one was June 26...  I mean even if its a small update..  Since they have no forum(a bad thing or good) I feel kind of in Limbo without weekly updates..  Not sure if no news is good news or bad..  Maybe we will get an update soon..

Coming from the BFL nightmare
I'm great full for one update a month....

Forums are the worst possible way to deliver updates and just offers more confusion than anything. People had to resort to a twitter feed for updates.
superfluouso

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:13:06 AM

Does anyone have an estimation how hot the mercury might run with its 250W PSU?  Would it survive in a typical household with air conditioning or would you expect to need more dedicated cooling? Still torn between going through with my purchase or just buying shares in a group buy where most people seem to be using hosting solutions in a data center...
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 06:20:59 AM

Does anyone have an estimation how hot the mercury might run with its 250W PSU?  Would it survive in a typical household with air conditioning or would you expect to need more dedicated cooling? Still torn between going through with my purchase or just buying shares in a group buy where most people seem to be using hosting solutions in a data center...
They said they'd planned the devices to be able to run in the Bahamas heat if need be, and had built in large margins in the design generally for things like that. So yeah, I'm sure it'll survive a house with AC.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: