Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:33:46 AM

It can take a few hour's to clear up incomplete orders. I give it a day or two and then all unpaid orders will be canceled. This will free up systems for order.

This may be the last batch untill they start shipping

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

I'm not being vague.

I've just got back to Stockholm and got you an update immediately, as promised. The first day I'm back.

Your freaking out about the Neptune design and it's exactly where it needs to be.

It's been worked on throughout Christmas. They have a working FPGA copy. That's quite significant progress as is. 20nm is absolute breakneck cutting edge tech and they don't want to screw the design up. They started just before Christmas and they are already at this stage. Would I call it preliminary design? yes I would. I would call everything before RTL submission that. Would you rather I lie? You claim I'm being vague and I'm actually being very specific. I've told you precisely where we are at without giving away anything of significant competitive sensitivity. I could be vague and just say it's all on track and you'd be none the wiser. Where do you expect them to be at this stage after working solidly through Christmas?! Designs aren't just pulled out of hats and components need to be sourced in volume with short lead times and guess what a lot of those guys take Christmas off. Rest assured what needs to be done is being done and the Q1/Q2 delivery estimation is there to give us the breathing space to do it professionally and to a level of competency that we believe is achievable.

Also first thing I was told on arrival was they sold out of Neptunes the night before. Do not shoot the messenger. If Andreas/Sam are going to add to the stock overnight between Friday/Saturday - nothing to do with me, but I'd be surprised if they did as they gave no impression they would and I was at the office later than they were.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:54:53 AM

so, 3-4 months for neptune?   Dont sweat it...give it to us straight!...   we appreciate all you do indeed bro

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Shameless Beggar

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:04:32 PM

so, 3-4 months for neptune?   Dont sweat it...give it to us straight!...   we appreciate all you do indeed bro

Do you really think that he, as an employee of KNC will tell you this so that people will quote him later if it takes longer than 3-4 months? As much as I like KNC that's one reason I decided not to go with Neptune (another reason is not having enough money). Don't want to go through stress of waiting like waiting for October unit. Nevertheless, needless to say, it was a great feeling once I received it, to just plug it in and it starting to hash.
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

I think there were 170 unpaid orders which have been canceled when there were no money transfers coming for given time.
So there was no need for enlarging the batch size.

And thank you Bitcoinorama for the updates. They are detailed enough for me.

As you see, people would like to buy complete Jupiters rather than the upgrades. It's because every upgrade is sent expensively as separate parcel, one need to buy heatsinks and usually make a soldering job...
btcspender

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:14:40 PM

Lots of stress over neptunes to tell you the truth I'm more bummed over a jupiter batch. I'm not concerned over neptunes yet, in fact I just bought a second one Grin
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:19:04 PM

Lots of stress over neptunes to tell you the truth I'm more bummed over a jupiter batch. I'm not concerned over neptunes yet, in fact I just bought a second one Grin
Congrats Smiley
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:27:00 PM

I'm not being vague.

I've just got back to Stockholm and got you an update immediately, as promised. The first day I'm back.

Your freaking out about the Neptune design and it's exactly where it needs to be.

It's been worked on throughout Christmas. They have a working FPGA copy. That's quite significant progress as is. 20nm is absolute breakneck cutting edge tech and they don't want to screw the design up. They started just before Christmas and they are already at this stage. Would I call it preliminary design? yes I would. I would call everything before RTL submission that. Would you rather I lie? You claim I'm being vague and I'm actually being very specific. I've told you precisely where we are at without giving away anything of significant competitive sensitivity. I could be vague and just say it's all on track and you'd be none the wiser. Where do you expect them to be at this stage after working solidly through Christmas?! Designs aren't just pulled out of hats and components need to be sourced in volume with short lead times and guess what a lot of those guys take Christmas off. Rest assured what needs to be done is being done and the Q1/Q2 delivery estimation is there to give us the breathing space to do it professionally and to a level of competency that we believe is achievable.

Also first thing I was told on arrival was they sold out of Neptunes the night before. Do not shoot the messenger. If Andreas/Sam are going to add to the stock overnight between Friday/Saturday - nothing to do with me, but I'd be surprised if they did as they gave no impression they would and I was at the office later than they were.

Hey 'Orama!

We all knew it it's Q1/Q2. Part of the gamble.

But we have to remain competetive against other asic companies. So I think not Neptune is the bigger problem. The bigger problem is that you doesn't want to sell Jupiters until the Neptunes.

It's not customer protection, it's bullshit if you sell only upgrade modules. As I stated before, I had big trust in Knc and I was a happy customer. I "KEPT MY COINS HANDY" to buy Jupters to get enough hashpower to stay competetive.

Then no news. I bought 7 Antminer.

Still no news.

Then you come here and the that only upgrade modules and this bottleneck shit.

So please tell Sam an Andreas to give as an offical statement about Jupiters.

WILL BE AVALIABE FOR SALE? IF YES WHEN?

IF NO, TELL US STRAIGHT!

If no, we have to buy hashrate from other companies to REAMAIN COMPETETIVE.

And I repeat myself, I don't care about Neptunes. I think they will a good deal. I care about the next 3-4 months.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
btcspender

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:30:23 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 01:15:23 PM by btcspender

Congrats Smiley
Thanks Smiley I'm glad they put up 170 more.
I had planed to buy 2 more neptunes or as many jups as I could get with 20 coin. But I figured somewhere in the middle may be best so 1 neptune and wait a while to see if any jupiters do come up and if they don't then I'll see what else I can get my hands on in feb.
mtminer

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:19:19 PM

...but please tell me you will at least have room in the case for standard ATX power supplies.  The tangle of wires on the outside of the machine is really quite ridiculous.  It was understandable on the Jupiters due to the time constraints but there is really no excuse for it on the Neptunes.

Perhaps, but the reduced footprint brought shipping costs down significantly. I'll pass the concern on though.

Yeah, if we are talking needed 2-3 power supplies. Would be nice to install them into the case to keep the wiring clean.

faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:41:46 PM

Maybe they added more neptunes to cover the impending cancellation requets.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

That is a probable perspective.

However I can see those 170 being put back up from incomplete orders.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:01:47 PM

more likely it was 170 that cancelled Neptunes due to "no jan jupiters" and/or "cold feet" with what I think will be a Minimum of 30% difficulty for the next 7-10 jumps...(again I know zip but my guess)

imho it will likely be the last batch...this last bunch of 170 units... till the 1st original  customer batch ships...(of course by saying that I basically just proved there will be a 4th batch)

anyhoo......this bitcoin and asic miners and such is as 'interesting" as a Korean soap opera...lots of drama ...waving of arms ...much speaking/noise ...and I don't understand a lick of what is going on!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:27:26 PM

I'm not being vague.

Hey 'Orama!

We all knew it it's Q1/Q2. Part of the gamble.

But we have to remain competetive against other asic companies. So I think not Neptune is the bigger problem. The bigger problem is that you doesn't want to sell Jupiters until the Neptunes.

It's not customer protection, it's bullshit if you sell only upgrade modules. As I stated before, I had big trust in Knc and I was a happy customer. I "KEPT MY COINS HANDY" to buy Jupters to get enough hashpower to stay competetive.

Then no news. I bought 7 Antminer.

Still no news.

Then you come here and the that only upgrade modules and this bottleneck shit.

So please tell Sam an Andreas to give as an offical statement about Jupiters.

WILL BE AVALIABE FOR SALE? IF YES WHEN?

IF NO, TELL US STRAIGHT!

If no, we have to buy hashrate from other companies to REAMAIN COMPETETIVE.

And I repeat myself, I don't care about Neptunes. I think they will a good deal. I care about the next 3-4 months.

I have to agree with this.

Just give us the yes/no  when answer so we can plan.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:54:29 PM

does anyone know what upgrade modules they are referring to, October modules or November modules?  or both types?

KNC seemed more helpful and informative when they needed us to start up their multi-million dollar business, but now it seems the table has turned and they are playing mind games with us so called loyal customers.  Not very cool KNC

one customer that's bought under my reseller ID is trying to communicate with KNC and he's saying that they are not very friendly or helpful at all.

PS. of course I'll give more time to remember who made them, but if they don't come to the party and continue acting like they are, then 2 can play at that game. 

Pretty sure Oct. as there were no November Mercs or Saturns.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:55:44 PM

does anyone know what upgrade modules they are referring to, October modules or November modules?  or both types?

KNC seemed more helpful and informative when they needed us to start up their multi-million dollar business, but now it seems the table has turned and they are playing mind games with us so called loyal customers.  Not very cool KNC

one customer that's bought under my reseller ID is trying to communicate with KNC and he's saying that they are not very friendly or helpful at all.

PS. of course I'll give more time to remember who made them, but if they don't come to the party and continue acting like they are, then 2 can play at that game. 

Pretty sure Oct. as there were no November Mercs or Saturns.

there actually were november saturns....
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

I'm not being vague.

So, Asian New Years celebrations will be over when?
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:30:37 PM

So if they started actual work "just before Xmas" but took everyone's money in November, the neptune spec - hashrate and power consumption - they are based on nothing and totally pulled out of knc's ar$e?? Pretty daring to take $44 million in orders before doing a tap of work. Nice to gamble with other people's money though, no financial risk for anyone but their customers if things go wrong...

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

So if they started actual work "just before Xmas" but took everyone's money in November, the neptune spec - hashrate and power consumption - they are based on nothing and totally pulled out of knc's ar$e?? Pretty daring to take $44 million in orders before doing a tap of work. Nice to gamble with other people's money though, no financial risk for anyone but their customers if things go wrong...

To be honest, if you haven't figured out this is EVERY ASIC manufacturers standard operating procedure yet, you have to be new to crypto...

Step 1. Take pre-order money to cover costs of R&D and first few production runs

Step 2. Either deliver a working product to your first batch (sometimes second batch) customers (KnCMiner b1/b2 / Avalon batch 1 / Bitfury just going nuts)* pretty much the rest of the companies skipped right to step 3

Step 3. Screw the rest of your customers over, keep excess mining equipment on hand, and produce as big a "cloudhashing" institution/bank as you like.

Step 4. ??

Step 5. Underpants gnomes???

Step 6. Profits?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:03:12 PM

Money(especially cash) always opens doors and contracts.

Pages: « 1 ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: