Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:05:57 AM

If KNC don't release ready-to-ship Jupiters, people are just going to continue to spend their BTC and cash on Antminers, Cubes, BFL Singles, 55nm Avalons and Bitfury clones.

KNC is doing NOTHING to protect the network hashrate!

They are letting the 2nd tier competition make a fortune instead.  I've recently bought some Antminers and Bitfury boards and I would have happily given that money to KNC instead.

RELEASE THE JUPES!

they are sticking to their word..  you are just sticking to being an ass

perhaps they think the really can ship Neptunes in March..  then their plan makes sense but of course can't know for sure at this stage.

if cointerra actually pumps out a lot of hardware in the next 30 days I feel we will see some jupiters offered for Feb..  problem is people just sell their place in line to non-customers or flip the miners which spoils the point anyway

I'm being an "ass"... how so?

I'd be happy to sit and wait for the Neptunes if the network hashrate wasn't growing every day.  The fact is, other companies are shipping a lot of GHs.  And if you want to maintain or grow your share of the network, you are going to have to buy ASICs from other companies.

I'd much rather buy a couple of Jupiters than a half dozen Antminers.  But it looks like KNC isn't going to oblige those of us who aren't content to wait.  So, Antminers it will be then!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AussiePete

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:44:20 AM

I have to agree with most of what xstr8guy has said .

My real question is   "What is considered  "Large amounts of Hashing Power ? "

I would have considered since this statement was made by KNC back in mid July that a 30% and 20% diff increase in December was HIGH  compared to July volume .

KNC states that the reason for them selling more miners will be  "To protect our customer share." ..........if that is true ........well.... were is our protection ?

Dont get me wrong , I think KNC is the best miner manufactorer out there (in comparrison )

But Im starting to question their intent . Do they really want to "Protect our customer share ? "

I might be being unreasonable ?

What do you guys think ? .........Do you feel KNC is protecting you ability to mine btc , considering what I would call  a continous Large amounts of hashing power being added to the diff right now ?

Pete
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

Interesting.  I'd not previously looked at the ASIC selection offered on Amazon.  Quite a few.  This kind of changes my view of the miner population out there.  So many more new miners slapping down dough for devices they'll have in a few days.  No wonder the net hashrate has been climbing steadily.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:12:45 AM

I think we would be better protected if we were able to buy more miners with all these coins we have been getting from our earlier machines!
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:23:19 AM

Funny how in just a few short days the conversation went from..."If KNC shipped now, they'd break the NPS"....  to    "Where is our "NPS Hashpower""

But I'm not complaining!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:54:56 AM

Interesting.  I'd not previously looked at the ASIC selection offered on Amazon.  Quite a few.  This kind of changes my view of the miner population out there.  So many more new miners slapping down dough for devices they'll have in a few days.  No wonder the net hashrate has been climbing steadily.

Wow, I hadn't seen ASICs on Amazon before. Here's a guy selling his Nov Jupiter for nearly $20k! I wonder if Amazon would be a safer place to sell than eBay.

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:59:32 AM

Wow, I hadn't seen ASICs on Amazon before. Here's a guy selling his Nov Jupiter for nearly $20k! I wonder if Amazon would be a safer place to sell than eBay.

I would tell him good luck with that! Smiley
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:02:59 AM

The funnest thing I have seen on Kijiji lately are people trying to sell their pre-ordered Neptune's and tell everyone everyone they will make 2.6BTC a day once they receive their Neptune. After doing the math myself with the guestimate of difficulty at the end of Q1 and now the Neptune will not be able to make 2.6BTC a day at 3TH/s. Smiley

CYPER

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:34:36 AM

Anyone mining at Ghash.io?
I switched from Bitminter and the payout system looks different. At Bitminter you can set a threshold amount and when you reach it you get a payment. I set mine at 1BTC as I try to avoid dust (very small payments) payments).

But at Ghash.io you either have:
a manual payment with a 0.001 BTC fee, which I would rather avoid.
or auto payment with a 0.01 BTC threshold, which is considered dust.

But then it says:

When enabled - the system will auto-withdraw all funds according to the percentages, as soon as the balance reaches the threshold.

Auto-payouts are triggered once a day, at arbitrary time.

Payout threshold:  0.01

So maybe it will not send me 0.01 every time, but once a day whatever amount I have mined?
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:43:21 AM

I switched from Bitminter and the payout system looks different. At Bitminter you can set a threshold amount and when you reach it you get a payment. I set mine at 1BTC as I try to avoid dust (very small payments) payments).

But then it says:

When enabled - the system will auto-withdraw all funds according to the percentages, as soon as the balance reaches the threshold.

So maybe it will not send me 0.01 every time, but once a day whatever amount I have mined?

I'll tell ya, my comfort threshold for $ is a lot less than 1BTC.
CYPER

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

But then it says:

Well I mine 1.13BTC a day currently, so I am OK at receiving 1 payment a day.
I could probably lower it, to something that is not considered dust.
0.1BTC too low?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:43:03 AM

Drugs or alcohol?

I fail to see a distinction.

The statement is too general. All drugs are not created equal.

I'd guess Lysergic Acid Diethylamide.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:49:27 AM

you are simply blind it
If you are spending your bitcoins WINS us with mining
are going against the rules of a good miner
but each knows what he's doing
I love you guys but you're blind

Drugs or alcohol?
Just foreign, but its like he isn't even trying.

I am confident that if he writes in his own language and uses Google translate it would come out sounding better  Grin
That's exactly what I was thinking
I hope the next time you two are travelling in a foreign country and ask someone the way to the train station, they mock the way you speak and then punch you in the face. But I guess that won't happen as you two lamers spend your day sitting behind your keyboards waiting to be "clever" or "funny". Well, you are neither. You are, however, nasty pieces of work. Get a life - one between the both of you would be an improvement.

Wow avenger, must be that time of the month. There are tools available to make these translations easier. I wish people would use them. You calling anyone a nasty piece of work is a fucking riot. You're an absolute troll, a nasty, shit talking, degenerate. Nobody cares what you say anymore, and it wouldn't surprise me that most people can't even see it because of the ignore list.
Yes we can. Y'all keep quoting him!

That being said (and this hurts) I kind of agree with Avenger on this one. Bitcointalk is a world wide community, and English is a difficult language. It's structure is a lot different from most languages, and it's rules are inconsistent.

If I understood what he was saying, I agree. One should buy with fiat as much as possible, as buying "gold" with "gold" is not necessarily going to make you a positive ROI. At least not in the short term.

there are nuances, of course, and at least in your case I know you're aware of that.
... I had more, but the vicodin the doc gave me took it from me Tongue
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:56:53 AM

Sorry, I forgot the quoting idiots rule! 

Personally, if I was trying to communicate with people in another language and they kept saying they didn't understand me at all, I'd find a better translator.

I wasn't making fun of him, sometimes his stuff is gibberish. Anyways, it feels like picking on a disabled person now, so on to another topic.

I don't have a problem spending coin or cash to get more miners, I think KNC should be selling tons of them to keep the market from shooting prices so high on second hand gear. If I was going to spend btc to buy miners, I would buy more btc at the same time. I really don't think people should keep having the impression that this is a game where people with little money can invest it and make tons of money. Those days have passed, and an equilibrium will be reached. It doesn't need to be out of reach to consumers, but the 10,000 x returns necessary for "get rich quick" aren't gonna happen now. Calling for any kind of controls on the free market, companies claiming to be protecting the market by not selling, it's all out the window.

KNC, open up the sales already! Just give me a warning before you do so I can get my order in early ! Smiley
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:00:38 AM

I'd be happy to sit and wait for the Neptunes if the network hashrate wasn't growing every day.  The fact is, other companies are shipping a lot of GHs.  And if you want to maintain or grow your share of the network, you are going to have to buy ASICs from other companies.

I'd much rather buy a couple of Jupiters than a half dozen Antminers.

You also have to remember, the "growing hash-rate", is from power-sucking devices. This only adds "loss", which gets translated into "value", as higher demands per BTC-earned by "the big guys".

Fear nothing, as the hash-rate increases, your mini-earnings of fractional BTC, will be valued at a return on investment, greater than the day they were mined. You gain even more, if you mined them with less power than the big-guys. They are the majority who are adding the major "value", that us "individuals", were just not able to add to the market. If it was left to "us", BTC would still be about $20/BTC. Trust me, it would.

The fraction of BTC they are cashing-out, is for paying bills for "operating costs", and to get more funds to buy more miners. Those drops are not "drops of value", those are just "cash-outs". There is a big difference between those two types of "drops". Someone got good discounted BTC, relative to the price average. Those who cashed-out, took a loss, over the price average. It only takes longer to raise again, because those who got a discount, are selling for a gain, just under the last average price. Once those are gone, the price restores. Unlike a real "drop of value", where the price drops simply because no-one wants to sell for less and no-one wants to pay that much. At all these prices, BTC is selling by the thousands, every day. (Just not on Gox, but Gox is small cheese compared to the volume on Huobi exchange.) Every coin sold, someone purchased that... When no-one is purchasing, there is a problem with value.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:21:04 AM

But then it says:

Well I mine 1.13BTC a day currently, so I am OK at receiving 1 payment a day.
I could probably lower it, to something that is not considered dust.
0.1BTC too low?

I just started on GHash.io yesterday.  I think you just set the percentage for each wallet address.  I just have one wallet set to receive payments so you set the payout to 100%.  And then I think they just payout the entire total balance once per day.  You don't set a payout threshold like BitMinter or BTCGuild.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:42:21 AM

I'd much rather buy a couple of Jupiters than a half dozen Antminers.  But it looks like KNC isn't going to oblige those of us who aren't content to wait.  So, Antminers it will be then!

Because if they don't sell it dirt cheap they will be called greedy bastards and if they do they will be mindlessly diluting everyone's hashing power
without making any profits for themselves.

Anyway, I don't think it matters anymore.. if you're not ready to do accounting acrobatics to knock cost-basis down to near nothing, then most likely don't buy more miners since you will be competing with those that will and thus drive up the prices without regard to old school ROI thinking.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:07:46 AM

Because if they don't sell it dirt cheap they will be called greedy bastards and if they do they will be mindlessly diluting everyone's hashing power
without making any profits for themselves.

Anyway, I don't think it matters anymore.. if you're not ready to do accounting acrobatics to knock cost-basis down to near nothing, then most likely don't buy more miners since you will be competing with those that will and thus drive up the prices without regard to old school ROI thinking.

KNC won't get any crap from me about pricing for Jupiters.  I recently bought some Bitfury boards at the new inflated price and didn't complain one bit.  And I've warned people that I don't think KNC will be pricing "from stock" 28nm gear much lower than November price.

As for ROI, I have a different take on that.  My first few ASIC orders were with fiat.  And because of my mining profits, all new gear is bought only with mined bitcoins.  Yes, I'm aware that the exchange rate is responsible for my quick ROI.  But I'm convinced that my mined BTC will be worth even more in the coming months.

And no, I don't subscribe to the belief that it isn't real ROI unless I earn back the original BTC investment.  I don't currently use BTC for anything other than buying mining gear.  I pay all of my other expenses my with USD.  The Neptune I ordered may never earn back the 12 BTC that it cost me.  But I'm confident that the BTC that it generates will be worth way more than $10,000 in the near future.

And please don't lecture me about "buy and hold".  That doesn't excite me one bit and I'll never try it again.  I also lost a nice chunk of change trying to time the market.  Some of us just aren't comfortable playing that game and just plain ol' suck at it.  Besides, it's boring as f&@k!

To me, mining is fun and captivating.  What started as a fun hobby is quickly becoming an avocation.  Will I ultimately make some serious money?  Meh, I don't really care.  I'm just playing with "Monopoly money" now.  Wink
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:24:15 AM

Well, this discussion is probably in 100 threads elsewhere on this forum but what I was saying is that you are most likely going up against people now that are not risking much of their own money on getting miners.

I understand what you are saying, but if you are not doing stuff like 0% loans, or other way more shadier things then you might want to just hold your coins.  It isn't as fun, and you might not sleep thinking it all will crash if you aren't glued to the exchanges but things were just mildly changing last fall but the stakes are rising this year.

There is no guarantee bitcoin price will fly up another 10fold just because more money is being stuffed into mining.. there is a saturation point and as I said, someone else may have a 20% cost basis getting their new miners which means they can sell bitcoins far less than someone playing the game squarely

also, lots of old coins can slowly be sold to keep the prices from flying too high as well.

good luck, but any Oct KNC miners should count their winnings and see if they fit into the new game being played

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:39:06 AM

Well, this discussion is probably in 100 threads elsewhere on this forum but what I was saying is that you are most likely going up against people now that are not risking much of their own money on getting miners.

I understand what you are saying, but if you are not doing stuff like 0% loans, or other way more shadier things then you might want to just hold your coins.  It isn't as fun, and you might not sleep thinking it all will crash if you aren't glued to the exchanges but things were just mildly changing last fall but the stakes are rising this year.

There is no guarantee bitcoin price will fly up another 10fold just because more money is being stuffed into mining.. there is a saturation point and as I said, someone else may have a 20% cost basis getting their new miners which means they can sell bitcoins far less than someone playing the game squarely

also, lots of old coins can slowly be sold to keep the prices from flying too high as well.

good luck, but any Oct KNC miners should count their winnings and see if they fit into the new game being played

Well that's precisely my point.  I'm not risking anything.  All of my new gear is purchased with mined BTC.  Ultimately I'd like to "mine and hold" someday.  But current ASIC development is just too exciting for me to stand on the sidelines and watch.
Pages: « 1 ... 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: